Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've thought about yoga, you enjoy it (other than the eye candy)?

I like yoga. It's relaxing and a great way to get flexible.

Now I want to try some of those Triple Double Oreos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

NitroSpazzz posted:

I can't wait to get back to my garage gym and get back to serious lifting. Do body weight stuff while traveling but it just isn't the same. I've thought about yoga, you enjoy it (other than the eye candy)?

I do enjoy it; I find it really helps with my flexibility and range of motion, and all the the stretching from the poses feels so good after a week of heavy workouts and sitting on my rear end for hours at work. Plus it's also a killer isometric workout too. If you choose to do hot yoga bring a shitload of water and don't be surprised if you feel like you're going to die halfway through.

But yeah, the eye candy is pretty good too. :stwoon:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Today, I'm chatting with some dude on Tinder. He's being chatty as gently caress but only asking me banal getting-to-know-you questions like what do you do, how tall are you, do you have any kids, etc. He asked what my best physical feature was, and I told him that it was my leg. "Just the one?" Yeah, just the one, because I told him that I lost the other one in a terrible accident. I have never been unmatched that fast before.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Terrible Robot posted:

What's a good, free image program that will let me add the time-stamps to pictures so I can print them with that information? Need to fight a ticket tomorrow.

You probably shouldn't modify photos you're using as evidence.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Don't hate but I've been eyeing up DDP Yoga for awhile now. I've heard a lot of people having success with it I just haven't made the investment for it yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

If taken with a camera phone they will have the timestamp in the file. It's all I needed to prove my auto damage happened when I said it had. Any digital camera should have the "show timestamp" option as well.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

goatse guy posted:

Today, I'm chatting with some dude on Tinder. He's being chatty as gently caress but only asking me banal getting-to-know-you questions like what do you do, how tall are you, do you have any kids, etc. He asked what my best physical feature was, and I told him that it was my leg. "Just the one?" Yeah, just the one, because I told him that I lost the other one in a terrible accident. I have never been unmatched that fast before.

He should have dove head first into stump chat.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

goatse guy posted:

I laughed way too hard at that.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

goatse guy posted:

Is it just me or all these Tinder stories make out that the men who use this app are creepy shits?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
It's just for hooking up. Every one out there is creepy as gently caress in some shape.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
So just got back from wrenching on a buddies car. We were grabbing parts from his parts car he had sitting in a garage since an accident this winter. Every rusty surface on this loving thing was covered in small dark black droplet like growths that when popped had a oil like residue. What the gently caress did I just touch/breath? Some crazy reaction from a leaking battery or something? Or an alien symbiote slowing manifesting itself.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Preoptopus posted:

So just got back from wrenching on a buddies car. We were grabbing parts from his parts car he had sitting in a garage since an accident this winter. Every rusty surface on this loving thing was covered in small dark black droplet like growths that when popped had a oil like residue. What the gently caress did I just touch/breath? Some crazy reaction from a leaking battery or something? Or is it an alien symbiote slowing manifesting itself.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Woops

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
QUOTE IS NOT EDIT!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well it did something to you.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Rhyno posted:

Well it did something to you.

Well buddies payment for my troubles certainly did.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

nm posted:

OK, I guess I worded that wrong or something. I am not trying to tamper with evidence, just get it to display the loving time stamp. I just need a program that can pull that info from the file and actually display it with the image.

Yeah, I'm totally dumb enough to ask for advice on screwing with evidence on a public forum :rolleyes: give me some goddamn credit here.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 30, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man first I miss the Judas Priest show because of class tonight, now I find out some friends are going to Rifftrax tomorrow and I'm gonna miss that too. :saddowns:

why must i be so committed to a stable career or whatever

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Terrible Robot posted:

Yeah, I'm totally dumb enough to ask for advice on screwing with evidence on a public forum :rolleyes: give me some goddamn credit here.

I mean I'd believe it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Adiabatic posted:

I mean I'd believe it.

Thanks

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
But seriously can mold grow on rust?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Preoptopus posted:

Probably. You most likely ingested some manner of techno organic virus and will slowly begin to change into a robot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

goatse guy posted:

There's gotta be someone with a peg leg fetish out there, don't give up!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Cat Terrist posted:

Is it just me or all these Tinder stories make out that the men who use this app are creepy shits?

I've also met a couple of super awesome dudes on tinder but those stories aren't interesting enough to post here.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Well, it's all done except for the lawyerin'. She asked that I collect the remainder of my things that are at the house and to start planning on how to divide joint poo poo. All this because I said that the disrespectful, condescending way she speaks to me is not OK and I asked to be spoken to like a goddamn adult. She couldn't handle me bowing up and showing a little backbone for once and hung up on me. She sent me a text requesting that I collect the remainder of my things. I told her I would see what I could do.

Not going to lie, it hurts really bad, but it's what needs to happen. It's become painfully obvious that we were not meant to share a happy marriage, and I'm done. So loving done. I thought I would be a sobbing mess when she asked me to get the rest of my poo poo out, but I haven't shed a single tear tonight. I think that's a pretty good indicator of how I really feel about the marriage.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goatse guy posted:

I've also met a couple of super awesome dudes on tinder but those stories aren't interesting enough to post here.

Yeah, you never hear of movies where the plot is "Man goes to work, comes home, takes a poo poo, goes to sleep, Fin." Disasters and calamity are way more fun to watch.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Preoptopus posted:

Iirc there is a type of mold that breaks down ferrous oxide (rust) and does some kind of magic to it but iirc they found that poo poo on the titantic

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

bandman posted:

Well, it's all done except for the lawyerin'. She asked that I collect the remainder of my things that are at the house and to start planning on how to divide joint poo poo. All this because I said that the disrespectful, condescending way she speaks to me is not OK and I asked to be spoken to like a goddamn adult. She couldn't handle me bowing up and showing a little backbone for once and hung up on me. She sent me a text requesting that I collect the remainder of my things. I told her I would see what I could do.

Not going to lie, it hurts really bad, but it's what needs to happen. It's become painfully obvious that we were not meant to share a happy marriage, and I'm done. So loving done. I thought I would be a sobbing mess when she asked me to get the rest of my poo poo out, but I haven't shed a single tear tonight. I think that's a pretty good indicator of how I really feel about the marriage.

Lawyer up first. Especially if you want custody, because you taking your poo poo and leaving can be spun against you in court. :smith:

Sorry to hbear poo poo keep sucking, man.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Godfuckingdamn am I tired. 9 hours of training. They actually have a mock store in their training/recruiting center, so I got to show how I stock. And caught several items in technically the right places, but with the wrong shelf tags/prices (one was dog food on the next 4 footer, 2 shelves down).

It was good to know I hadn't lost my pallet jack experience. It was kind of a race to see who could pull a jack out, get a pallet, make a lap, drop it back off as close as possible to the metal legs for the stands they sit under without touching the metal, and put the jack away. The distance was millimeters. I'm gonna have to get certified on forklift and electric pallet jack operation, even though I've used them before, and I have to get both TABC certification and a city food handlers permit (had both before, let them lapse). Each case of product includes its location on the shelf on the box.

Upside is Wal-Mart has surprisingly good benefits, even for part timers (I'm right on the cusp of being full time, I think once I've been there a bit I can ask for one 10 hour day a week, or just 2 more hours a week, which would make me full time). 100% 401k matching up to 6% is nice. Downside is the dress code at the Neighborhood Market stores is slightly stricter, in that I can only wear khakis (regular WalMarts allow black or khaki, and almost every pair of pants I own is black), and my shirt HAS to be a dark green collared shirt (a shirt that's been surprisingly hard to find for a decent price - I lucked out and found one priced at $21.99 at Kohl's the other day, and it rang up as $4.99.. but it was the last medium they had). No hoodies allowed, and I own only one regular jacket (regular stores allow hoodies as well as jackets). I actually get sick pay, vacation pay, an hour lunch, two breaks per shift, etc... poo poo I haven't seen in ages. Sadly, the employee discount does not apply to groceries, unless a vendor is having some kind of sale. It applies to much of the rest of the store.

I'm still shocked the drug testing lab never called me. When I went in to do paperwork yesterday at the store, I mentioned that to the HR person (I had previously told her I would test positive due to one script). She asked what class of drug, I told her, and she was equally surprised. The lab sent back paperwork saying I passed fine. I guess maybe they don't test for benzos?

Viggen posted:

Have you tried to use it, or just turn it on? I've never very little luck fixing dead waterlogged phones. Harmburgers' was the first I've encountered that was 'slightly rusted but worked fine'.

I ran my old Razr v3m through the wash once. Not a full cycle, realized where it was as the washer had just started agitating.

Of course, the first thing I do is try to turn it on. A bunch of errors popped up before it powered off (stuff like "System memory failure"). Left the battery out a few days, only damage was a little water between the LCD and plastic, and the EL lighting behind the keyboard never worked again.

My old Galaxy Nexus got absolutely SOAKED when I got caught in a nasty thunderstorm while walking - when I pulled it out of my pocket, water ran out of it. Pulled the back cover off, pulled the battery, shook it out, blew it out, put it back together, and it worked perfect.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Liquid Communism posted:

Lawyer up first. Especially if you want custody, because you taking your poo poo and leaving can be spun against you in court. :smith:

Sorry to hbear poo poo keep sucking, man.

Absolutely this. I didn't follow-up on the comments from my post yesterday about my houseguests (because all of the extra work/activity has me pretty well beaten-down), but she/them are with us because of a lovely divorce. Why is it lovely? Because she started out with good intentions on an equitable division of custody and property (more than equitable, actually)... against my recommendations that she go straight to playing chess. So, he got the majority of the assets, then he turned into a raging dick and is trying to screw her pretty hard.

Divorces with kids rarely go well. Buckle up and start playing chess from the start. It's got a good chance of getting ugly, so cover yourself and be prepared.

Man, thinking about all of that is a lovely way to start a morning.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Holy poo poo, 3yrs late but our house is finally starting to resemble a loving house!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

New med the other day. I'm now having to test 4x/day instead of 2x. And anytime I feel "off".

Blood sugar nosedived Wednesday, to the point that I had people asking if I was drunk. It went from 260 or so to a little under 100 in an hour, and had me feeling loving trashed, to the point I was seeing double and slurring. Had glucose tabs in my car, but had to hang out behind work for over an hour before I felt normal enough to drive home.

A box of 50 of them at Wal-Mart? $60. A box of $50 at Kroger, with an rX? $50. A box of 50 from Amazon? $17. Should be here today. I'm gonna have to order them more often and in bulk - I ran out a few hours ago.

It's been hanging out in the 110s-120s all day, with a brief spike to 180 after eating.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

goatse guy posted:

Am I terrible for hoping you never meet somebody so we can continue to read trolling exploits such as this?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
By the way, isn't it the time of year for AI:SS?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

CornHolio posted:

Am I terrible for hoping you never meet somebody so we can continue to read trolling exploits such as this?

unabashedly this.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

bolind posted:

By the way, isn't it the time of year for AI:SS?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :ohdearsass:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Bajaha posted:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy :ohdearsass:

oh hell yes :getin:

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I am very excited for this! I hope I make the post count again this year (I lurk way more than I post). Also I hope everyone enjoyed the scatman snap I sent this morning. It was to drat funny to hear that this morning.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I want to know who sent me the snapchat of them singing "I hate my drive". Send it again, that poo poo was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I wish I could send longer snaps. Then you could enjoy me raging at the DC traffic.

• Locked thread