Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

howe_sam posted:

Based on the preview I think Moloch is okay with this attempt on Katrina.
It looked to me like she's going to give birth to a monster, a la Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Let's Watch Ichabod Crane Play...: The Series

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The new Let's Play sensation of YouTube!

There is a bunch of poo poo going on such as Irving's soul being sold, the Katrina business, the addition of Hawley... So I can see why this season might be a seen as muddled. Kinda overflowing on the crazy while the first one felt just right. Still, this is the only show I've been sticking with and I'm holding out for what hopefully is another great season finale.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Josh Lyman posted:

It looked to me like she's going to give birth to a monster, a la Game of Thrones.

The impression I got is that she's giving birth to Moloch, or that Moloch is using her to escape Purgatory.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

johntfs posted:

Now we know what the powdered bone was for. drat this show moves fast. I love that. Is it wrong that I want Joe to eat Hawley and become a full cast member?

No, that's fair.

I like Big Ash more than Hawley, too. There should probably be a Native American character on the show pretty regularly, and Eddie Spears is awesome.

It would've been cool if they just collapsed Hawley's role into Big Ash, I think. Being from an actually marginalized category would make Hawley's iconoclastic, cynical attitude make way more sense. Plus, it'd add some complexity to Ichabod's constant moralistic criticism of Hawley, if it was coming from the same place as Ichabod's insanely idealized recollection of 18th-century Native Americans.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"Salutations denizens of the Internet. My name is Ichabod Crane and welcome to my presentation of Let Us Play... 'Assassin's Creed III'. Now before I begin, I only feel it nessecary to point out a certain number of historical innacuracies contained within this game and--"

Disliked and unsubscribed.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.
I think Katrina's going to give birth to yet another horseman. Maybe the reason her coven locked her in purgatory is to prevent her from popping out (more) apocalyptic horseman babies.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Marchegiana posted:

I think Katrina's going to give birth to yet another horseman. Maybe the reason her coven locked her in purgatory is to prevent her from popping out (more) apocalyptic horseman babies.

God, how awkward would that be for Abraham if the other three horsemen are all his ex-girlfriend's kids.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

nine-gear crow posted:

"Salutations denizens of the Internet. My name is Ichabod Crane and welcome to my presentation of Let Us Play... 'Assassin's Creed III'. Now before I begin, I only feel it nessecary to point out a certain number of historical innacuracies contained within this game and--"

Disliked and unsubscribed.

I didn't know Geop was Ichabod.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Boxman posted:

I eagerly await the stinger where we see John Noble maniacally laughing while fragging IchabodCrane1776

I think you mean Ichabodcrane1749.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
What were they calling asses

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Double jugs?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

NeuroticLich posted:

Double jugs?

Yeah? Well what do they call jugs then, mister?

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Frostwerks posted:

Yeah? Well what do they call jugs then, mister?

Buns.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Brave new meaning to hot cross buns.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Frostwerks posted:

Brave new meaning to hot cross buns.

Let me guess, those belong to Nuns?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Go away Hawley

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I wasn't overly excited by this episode, so much so that I only watched 1/2 hour last night and watched the rest today. Idk, just couldn't get into it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Definitely the weakest ep of the season so far. A young Clancy Brown lookalike wasted. I'd rather have him around than Hawley.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

kefkafloyd posted:

Definitely the weakest ep of the season so far. A young Clancy Brown lookalike wasted. I'd rather have him around than Hawley.

He might be around for a while. It looks like they have another ally in the fight.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

bobkatt013 posted:

He might be around for a while. It looks like they have another ally in the fight.

The letter of recommendation might have been a write off, though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lycus posted:

The letter of recommendation might have been a write off, though.

Yeah eventually, do not forget Abbie was going to go there before she joined the war.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Maybe while he's down there he will come across Scully and Mulder.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
Wendigo wasn't my favorite of the monsters but I liked the transformation scenes a lot. Usually werewolf transformations are drawn out too long and not very good but these were well done and quick so the weaknesses of the CGI aren't focused on and the threat seems more real.

I also loved that Jenny stole organs from the hospital and suggested donating blood to make up for it.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
While I myself don't own a car, I'm sure some of you do.

Now Sleepy Hollow’s Tom Mison can give you directions

quote:

Waze, the hippest turn-by-turn directions app since probably ever, has just added another name to its list of celebrity directions-givers: Tom Mison, the actor who plays Ichabod Crane on Fox’s Sleepy Hollow.

The Ichabod Crane voice is part of a “Halloween-themed marketing promotion” that runs through October 31, so his voice will probably no longer be available after that. Drivers looking to celebrate the holiday and also help support the Fox network can access the voice by opening the app, going to “Settings,” then “Sound,” and selecting “English (US)—Ichabod.” For a special Halloween treat, use the Ichabod Crane voice to get directions to Sleepy Hollow, New York—the setting for Washington Irving’s original story.

Possibly only available for a limited time, so act fast.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Man they really botched that pronunciation didn't they? That c is much closer to how the c in czar sounds.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

richardfun posted:

While I myself don't own a car, I'm sure some of you do.

Now Sleepy Hollow’s Tom Mison can give you directions

Possibly only available for a limited time, so act fast.

I just used this. It's awesome..."In naught point 1 mile, turn your carriage to the left."

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is this something that stays on your phone forever once you use it before October 31st or does the voice go away after that date?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Does anyone have the list of things that Henry Parish will defend you against?
I noticed that two were turn into a wendigo and swallowed someone's poisonous spider. I am pretty sure it was posted before the episode on Monday aired.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That commercial better be canon because then it means Henry is just so sure of his plans he had the balls to put that out there before everything came into play.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Does anyone have the list of things that Henry Parish will defend you against?
I noticed that two were turn into a wendigo and swallowed someone's poisonous spider. I am pretty sure it was posted before the episode on Monday aired.

I didn't see a list already but here ya go.

Injured in a horrific accident?
Accused of a crime you didn't commit?
Tortured by the monsters of society?
Rear-ended by a drunk driver?
Lost your head in an ancient battle?

Cursed into becoming a wendigo?
Dry cleaners bloodied your clothes?
Neighbors music convincing you to kill?
Body part taken for scientific experiment?
Possessed daughter murdered a priest?

Your luggage lost in time by airline?
Obnoxious coven buried you alive?
Succubus attempted to suck your soul?
Pesky demon pushing you to suicide?
Sliced up by the sword of Methuselah

Pentagram painted on your house?
Property stolen by sadistic cult members?
Pizza delivered in over 30 minutes?
Swallowed someone's poisonous spider?
Accidentally signed your name in blood?

Concussed by grocery stores can goods?
Your son's doll blamed for murder?
Attacked by faceless nightmare man?
Framed for the murder of art restorer?
Priceless ashes stolen by dark coven?

Hallucinating demons in the woods?
Divorcing wife who's really a witch?
Put to sleep for over 250 years?
Run off the road by headless driver?
Got food poisoning from sin eating?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The best ones are the ones passive aggressive towards his parents and food poisoning.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mr.capps posted:

That commercial better be canon because then it means Henry is just so sure of his plans he had the balls to put that out there before everything came into play.

Everything else has either happened as of the last episode or is going to happen next week, except for maybe "Divorcing wife who's really a witch?". Could there be marital woes coming to Casa de Crane? ...Moreso than usual I mean. War and Death are trying they're damndest to bust up Ichabod and Katrina, and Katrina's been shifty from Day 1, AND the show is trying to push Ichabod and Abbey together something fierce this year. I wonder if this season will end with Ichabod dumping Katrina completely?

Also, "Sliced up by the sword of Methuselah" hasn't happened yet. I imagine that's coming down the pike in the next few weeks too, because "the Sword of Methuselah" is oddly specific for a throwaway gag.

I also hope the commercial's canon because I love the idea of Henry just sitting around and getting pissed off that it takes Dominoes more than 30 minutes to deliver to his creepy demon mansion.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Oct 31, 2014

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Everything else has either happened as of the last episode or is going to happen next week, except for maybe "Divorcing wife who's really a witch?". Could there be marital woes coming to Casa de Crane? .

This seems to be about Ex-captain Irvin, not Crane.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Arkeus posted:

This seems to be about Ex-captain Irvin, not Crane.

I don't remember Irving's wife being a witch though.

Then again nothing would really surprise me at this point.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
W/R/T the list of stuff from Henry's ad: according to io9 over the next few weeks we are indeed getting Poison spider swallowing (though that one's technically already happened), soul-sucking Succubus, and the Sword of Methusela.

So yeah, Henry IS spelling out his plans ahead of time in the most ballsy manner possible.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

LorneReams posted:

I just used this. It's awesome..."In naught point 1 mile, turn your carriage to the left."

"Stay Alert, Constable Ahead!"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

For those of you who are wondering what the gently caress this 'preview' is that people are talking about (like alla youse who download from iTunes)...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=742263252518976&set=vb.467026763375961&type=2&theater

Yep, getting an Aliens vibe there.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So I'm way behind and watching episode 4 and they just realized that a girl from the lancaster family goes missing every generation at the age of ten. WOULDN'T ANY COP OR DETECTIVE ANYWHERE WITH ACCESS TO THESE RECORDS REALIZE THAT THIS poo poo IS A PATTERN.

I know, this is the show about Ichabod Crane, the time-travelling American revolutionary fighter, and Abbie Mills, a cop-turned-chosen-witness-of-God(??), fighting off the armies of hell, but not noticing something like that is just poor police work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Why is Ichabod in bed with Katrina? Is he cheating on Abbie?

e:Abbie with the jokes!
(Midterm elections too, very good timing)

• Locked thread