Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Oh yeah this is huge
WE in homeland now increases liberty desire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

DICKHEAD posted:

Oh yeah this is huge
WE in homeland now increases liberty desire

also, 'colonial nations with high liberty desire are more likely to become hostile to overlord'

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

also, 'colonial nations with high liberty desire are more likely to become hostile to overlord'

might actually see em break off for once

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
someone showed me the ropes of EU 4, and now i'm about to sink my teeth into it. :getin:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

klapman posted:

someone showed me the ropes of EU 4, and now i'm about to sink my teeth into it. :getin:

Yeah...cum ropes.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah...cum ropes.

casus belli gained

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Yeah...cum ropes.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i had an adventurer with no connection to me attack from carsaconne to poland

he send three armies each of 1500 men by ship where they were easily destroyed on landing and kept the other ones attritting away in mountains. plus he had like 500 gold on him so i got to build a town out of that

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Even the Games thread is complaining about their best friend the Wiz and his homo changes in the EU4 patch.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Even the Games thread is complaining about their best friend the Wiz and his homo changes in the EU4 patch.

which ones

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

which ones

The one where overseas colonies get permanent 50% autonomy.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3606000&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=238#post436955436

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

that's a big nerf to russia it seems like. and obviously natives

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh it's same continent colonisation lmfao. Does that mean that spain and portugal are going to colonise all of siberia now?

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Oh it's same continent colonisation lmfao. Does that mean that spain and portugal are going to colonise all of siberia now?

didnt they clog up that area with natives now?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

didnt they clog up that area with natives now?

I dunno, but I think that overseas colonisation gets even bigger autonomy.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't understand...what's the point of that when colonial nations don't get same continent autonomy.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't understand...what's the point of that when colonial nations don't get same continent autonomy.

to encourage you to actually form colonial nations, I expect, now that 'distant overseas' is all folded into this autonomy thing?

otherwise, it would be better to hold overseas possessions directly. you'd want to get like four provinces in one region, four in another, etc, to "min-max" your colonial income

which would be silly

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
the new autonomy system looks very strange, but I am willing to give it a shot and see how it plays. maybe it will be insanely good, and cool.

I kind of wonder how new players will feel, though. even since the release of eu4, they've added so many new mechanics... it must be insane to try to start playing now.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I like the idea of colonial nations but the implementation leaves something to be desired.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

to encourage you to actually form colonial nations, I expect, now that 'distant overseas' is all folded into this autonomy thing?

otherwise, it would be better to hold overseas possessions directly. you'd want to get like four provinces in one region, four in another, etc, to "min-max" your colonial income

which would be silly

Wait, people were actually doing that. I wish they would stop trying to balance the game around people who try and game it.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The opportunity cost of making numerous small colonies and letting other colonisers colonise is waaaaaay higher than the extra income you would get.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Durrr, hurrr I am making about half as much as a merchant republic by maximising my colonial income *troll France owns everything else and has an even more ridiculous army and income*

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The opportunity cost of making numerous small colonies and letting other colonisers colonise is waaaaaay higher than the extra income you would get.

at least with western europe node gone the trade power there will be worth something

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Also Knuc do you still post in YOSPOS? I desperately need the Cooking with Smythe youtubes where he makes some lovely tacos and as he's eating you can hear hard, uncooked beans falling out of the taco into the bowl he's eating over, but he deleted them or made them private.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Also Knuc do you still post in YOSPOS? I desperately need the Cooking with Smythe youtubes where he makes some lovely tacos and as he's eating you can hear hard, uncooked beans falling out of the taco into the bowl he's eating over, but he deleted them or made them private.

I just troll the videogame thread every drat day like it's my job. I don't actually read the forum.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think he deleted those vids when he realised people were watching them for a lol. Epic hamcat kept posting them.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I think he deleted those vids when he realised people were watching them for a lol. Epic hamcat kept posting them.

I'm going like niggerstomper58 level insane and developing prodromal schizophrenia thinking about the hard beans falling out of the taco all of the time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I'm going like niggerstomper58 level insane and developing prodromal schizophrenia thinking about the hard beans falling out of the taco all of the time.

Lmao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Posting confession: I only ever watched the first cooking with smythe video where he cooks chicken thighs.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wait, people were actually doing that. I wish they would stop trying to balance the game around people who try and game it.

I was talking about a thing you would want to do, in a hypothetical world in which distant overseas was gone (as it is now) and overseas provinces *didn't* have high local autonomy. not skipping out on colonizing stuff entirely, just trying to colonize a bunch of stuff in different regions before completing your first nation.

idk. moot point now either way

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Posting confession: I only ever watched the first cooking with smythe video where he cooks chicken thighs.

same.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Well I don't know why I'm complaining because I KNOW that it's going to be an unbalanced piece of crap that pisses me off when the patch drops, but EU4 right now is in a good state so I trust they will get it even better eventually.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think EU4 would be vastly improved if the penalties on colonies wasn't poo poo like reduced tax income and the ridiculously bad colonial nations implementation, but keeping with the vein of the increased unit build time, it just takes a tremendously long time to build anything that far away. so while your core european provinces have max level forts and amazing shipyards and poo poo, the colonies maybe have a level 2 fort, and the centers of trades/estuaries wasted all that time on stuff like marketplaces to make them more valuable

maybe make sea attrition for land units more brutal while you are at it. this way colonies are still easy to gently caress up and can change hands easily but are still valuable and worth defending

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

DICKHEAD posted:

lmfao

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

If autonomy works the way I'm guessing it does with tax then 50% is still better than distant overseas. I'm not exactly sure how it works though since all they say is it affects "your trade power, tax income, production, manpower, missionary work and recruitment/shipbuilding times." Though uh... Obviously a lot worse than a full tax same continent province

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
YOSPOS Ambassador Knuc

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I just really want to see how rebels function under unrest system. Which I guess is kind of similar to the vicky 2 system?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hey Wiz... Fucktard... When are opposing rebel factions going to start fighting each other in the streets of their depressed and strife-torn countries, llike the Freikorps vs Commies in 1900s germany? You dill hole.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Hey Wiz... Fucktard... When are opposing rebel factions going to start fighting each other in the streets of their depressed and strife-torn countries, llike the Freikorps vs Commies in 1900s germany? You dill hole.

Reactionaries from Westernizing will sometimes go gently caress up the other rebels. It's kind of nice.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Does the norse holy order ever come if you reform, I need them now the catholics are beating my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.

Wormskull posted:

this has lasted for 20 years now