Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Laurel getting upgraded to League training?

Guess not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

China White coming back?! Didn't see that coming

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

drat Lance :(

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

Thea sure seems to be enjoying wearing shirts that show off her stomach this season.

This seems to be the case and I am very okay with it.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Ra's! :neckbeard:

oh poo poo that preview

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That's a a boring looking Ra's Al Ghul

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Deadpool posted:

Well, Oliver is hosed.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
That was... kind of underwhelming, to be honest. :geno:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Ra's al Ghul on my TV. I love this show

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spergatory posted:

That was... kind of underwhelming, to be honest. :geno:

Kind of understated for such a big character debut, yeah.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women
Would have been better if they didn't show his face

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins on TV in TYOOL 2014. Truly this is a great time for comic book media.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

muscles like this? posted:

Roy's mask makes his eyes look weird.

True, but on the other hand, unlike the Arrow, his face actually looks different in and out of costume, making him harder to identify.

BrianWilly posted:

On the other hand he really needs to stop pulling the "What would Sara do" card because it's hellsa dumb. Sara would kill Merlyn in an instant and take selfies on his corpse.

I am so glad that Laurel shut that line down again, because it really is tired and annoying.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Ras sounded so Australian. Dude wasn't even trying to do an accent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Australian and British are the same thing.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Aphrodite posted:

Australian and British are the same thing.

High-class English accent I could buy, because if you're arab and not poor you're educated in London instead of a bombed out mudhut. This is true even if you're ~1200 years old or whatever Ras is.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Narciss posted:

Ras sounded so Australian. Dude wasn't even trying to do an accent.

Yup he had what sounded like an Aussie twang to some of his words (I'm British).

I find it hilarious that when team Arrow + guests go out hunting everyone has a disguise - apart from Diggle.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That was the best part. 3 People with bows and arrows creep into a place, Diggle just wears a jacket brings a gun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I am so glad that Laurel shut that line down again, because it really is tired and annoying.

Oliver you are dumb as gently caress and everyone else was right. Kill Merlyn you idiot.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nyssa :allears:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
"No more secrets"

Ok so when are you going to tell her you are the arrow, jackass.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
"The real power comes from your hips"

Happy Gilmore's trainer makes cameo appearance

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ded posted:

"No more secrets"

Ok so when are you going to tell her you are the arrow, jackass.

To be fair, when is she gonna tell him that her dad is Malcom "Mass Murderer" Merlyn and she's been training in sword-wielding badassery for the last five months.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

McSpanky posted:

To be fair, when is she gonna tell him that her dad is Malcom "Mass Murderer" Merlyn and she's been training in sword-wielding badassery for the last five months.

Uh, I think ded was referring to Oliver, who already drat well knows who Thea's father is. It was even the main focus of Thea's small arc near the end of season 2.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Team Flash is all smiling and puns. Team Sadface is always sad.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Uh, I think ded was referring to Oliver, who already drat well knows who Thea's father is. It was even the main focus of Thea's small arc near the end of season 2.

He knows, but she doesn't know he knows which is why she made up the whole cop rescue/barista cover story in the first place. Both of them think they're the only one guarding a major shocker from the other while the audience is privy to both and waiting to see which bomb drops first, it's dramatic irony.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 30, 2014

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
Everyone saying Ollie should let Merlyn die regardless of whether he killed Sara or not is overlooking a major angle to this. If Merlyn is right and The League itself was behind it, Merlyn is his only source of inside information on them other than Nyssa, who would never believe it or help. If he dies, so does valuable intel about a powerful enemy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VBane posted:

Everyone saying Ollie should let Merlyn die regardless of whether he killed Sara or not is overlooking a major angle to this. If Merlyn is right and The League itself was behind it, Merlyn is his only source of inside information on them other than Nyssa, who would never believe it or help. If he dies, so does valuable intel about a powerful enemy.

Enemy to who? Even if they did kill Sara, they aren't going to start killing people in Starling city. Kill Merlyn, sorry Sara your death goes unavenged. And what makes you think Malcolm can be trusted besides using everyone for his own means?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
There's an awful lot of silliness with the "He SWORE to me" and I believe him because he SWORE to me nonsense.

Blargh.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Actually kind of curious about that final talk Thea and Merlyn had on the phone where he says he'll protect her etc.. sounded like Thea knows Oliver is the Arrow.

Yeah Oliver's reasoning for believing Merlyn was rather thin.

Very disappointed that we at least didn't even get a shot of Ras with the old school comic book look :(.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Basebf555 posted:

I hope once they establish that Merlyn really didn't kill Sara and move on to Ras that doesn't mean Barrowman is done for the season. I was hoping he'd be a major player this season.

He is a credited cast member and he is in for the long hall.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Enemy to who? Even if they did kill Sara, they aren't going to start killing people in Starling city. Kill Merlyn, sorry Sara your death goes unavenged. And what makes you think Malcolm can be trusted besides using everyone for his own means?

But in this case that would be using an enemy that has sworn not to kill him to eliminate an enemy that has sworn to kill him. He'd want them to succeed.

And I think Ollie would consider and organization of assassins that's killed in his city before, kidnapped his sister and possibly murdered a member of his team who he loved, an enemy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VBane posted:

But in this case that would be using an enemy that has sworn not to kill him to eliminate an enemy that has sworn to kill him. He'd want them to succeed.

And I think Ollie would consider and organization of assassins that's killed in his city before, kidnapped his sister and possibly murdered a member of his team who he loved, an enemy.

The league only wants to kill Oliver because he is retarded and told them Merlyn was under his protection or whatever. And I'm sure the League has no interest in the arrow or Starling City once they kill Merlyn.

Oliver you are dumb stop making bad decisions.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Ahahah Oh lord, Laurel punching the punching bag is loving hilarious. Like a wet kitten. Ahahahaha
*pat pat patpat patpatpat*
:laugh:

Detective Lance doing that little phonecall to Sara. :(

edit: Arrow people can't get an even sorta looking Arab to play Ras? Come on, dudes. C'mon. Batman Begins this silliness. bah.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 30, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ra's is Caucasian. It's fine.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maybe Nable will hit his stride later on, but I still stand by my opinion that they should have cast Oded Fehr as Ra's. Dude would have killed it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Ra's is Caucasian. It's fine.

He's practically Slade's neighbor down under. Of course it's fine, but it's kinda lame. Maybe he'll put another shrimp on the barbie or something next episode.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Scyantific posted:

Maybe Nable will hit his stride later on, but I still stand by my opinion that they should have cast Oded Fehr as Ra's. Dude would have killed it.

Him or Alexander Siddig would have been aces. Fehr was even Ra's VA on Young Justice, wasn't he?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That three-way fight was probably carefully choreographed and looked really neat. Too bad it involved three people in black suits against a dark background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That three way fight scene ugh this show is so good.

Barrowman :argh:

I laughed when they showed China White. I mean, blow up a jumbo jet for some Triad goon? It would have made more sense if Ra's was on that plane. I would believe Waller would kill all those people, hire a merc force, and potentially destabilize a region for a shot at the Demon's Head

• Locked thread