Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

sportsgenius86 posted:

should've been Daisuke Darvish

We've all stuck to Masahiro Darvish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

We've all stuck to Masahiro Darvish.

Maaaa~kuuuun

I went from going "oh cool he's still Kenta" to "what in the world, where'd they get an FCW Name Generator for Japanese". also since I'm a nerd I'll be interested in seeing how he writes it in Japanese, so if anybody finds that please put it in here.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

harperdc posted:

Maaaa~kuuuun

I went from going "oh cool he's still Kenta" to "what in the world, where'd they get an FCW Name Generator for Japanese". also since I'm a nerd I'll be interested in seeing how he writes it in Japanese, so if anybody finds that please put it in here.

I hope he just writes it as ヒデオ イタミ just because Katakana looks cooler :v:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

It's obviously Hideo Kojima.

:raise:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Thauros posted:

I don't really follow them, but I'm surprised they draw that badly considering they have some genuine talent and are the biggest deathmatch fed left.

It's their 20th anniversary show, so that'll be a draw.

Also, they could FINALLY do a rematch of Ito vs Kasai. That'll draw quite a few people as it's one of their main money matchups and their previous encounter received match of the year from Tokyo Sports back in 2009.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
A friend wants to watch some more Osaka pro after seeing the contingent who appeared in King of Trios. Any shows or matches people can recommend? Daisuke Harada being current GHC junior champ, anything Atsushi Kotoge or he have done recently of note?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wazzu posted:

A friend wants to watch some more Osaka pro after seeing the contingent who appeared in King of Trios. Any shows or matches people can recommend? Daisuke Harada being current GHC junior champ, anything Atsushi Kotoge or he have done recently of note?

The show with Tigers Mask vs Black Bison in a mask vs. mask was fun. Also the Dragon Gate vs. Osaka Pro invasion shows were good. This is all stuff from 2010 and earlier.

http://www.osakahurricane.com/ is a much better reference point.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Daisuke Harada had a great series vs Black Bison, although I can't remember what shows/dates they were. It should be easy to find though. Harada/kotoge had two amazing matches in CHIKARA against FIST and The Colony in 2011 iirc. Clunk in Love is a generally great show and worth a purchase (Features Sara Del Rey vs Kana as well as Tursas and Archiebald peck breaking two separate ropes over the event)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Most shows where Liger pops up for them are fun. Here's one http://www.highspots.com/p/13233.html

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The main event of Hurricane 2010 was a No DQ match between heel champ Dick Togo and local hero Billy Ken Kid for their main belt. It's generally what comes to my mind first when I try to think of my favorite Osaka Pro match. That whole show is great, the co-main event is Harada & Kotoge challenging for the tag belts.

Hurricane is their annual Big Event so those are generally a good bet.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
As far as comedy stuff goes most anything with Kyusei Ninja Ranmaru and/or Kanjuro Matsuyama is great.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Did Osaka Pro die completely in the last talent exodus or is it still limping around in name only? I knew that Kuuga ran events at the old Move On arena after he split from Osaka.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Still limping along. Looks like they have a regular group of new guys (rookies?) though and Dragon Gate guys have been appearing on their shows. It looks like the only veterans that are still around are Ebessan, Kuishinbo Kamen, Takoyakida and Ultimate Spider Jr. Maybe Kazuaki Mihara too unless they gave the Yohnel Sanders gimmick to someone else.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
PWG's 88 Miles Per Hour had a few Osaka Pro guys on it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Thanks everyone for your help :)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Hearing on twitter that Koji Kanemoto was apparently fired from Wrestle1 for beating up a fan so bad they had no choice but to terminate his contract.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

quote:

PuroresuShop.com ‏@puro_yottsume 6m6 minutes ago

It has been announced that the former WWE superstar Albert Del Rio will wrestle for W-1 Ryogoku show on 11.1.

Have they even ran Sumo Hall before? I know they usually can't even fill Korakuen.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 8, 2014

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Thauros posted:

Have they even ran Sumo Hall before? I know they usually can't even fill Korakuen.

They have.

The last two shows had 5800 and 4800 attendees. Guess W-1 has some good sponsors to keep them running like that. It should be noted that the upcoming show is promoted as a Mutoh anniversary show.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Actual attendance, per Meltzer, was 4000 and 3350. Having seen what 5000 people looks like at Sumo Hall, it isn't pretty. And shows under 50% attendance typically have a certain amount of papering.

I suspect that venues like Sumo Hall are cheaper to rent than they used to be. Korakuen is.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Taking suggestions on matches to add to my sites!

http://theditch.biz/selections.html

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Was Inoki a good wrestler? Igt just struck me that unlike Baba I've never really seen any of his matches. What are some of his better ones?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

Was Inoki a good wrestler? Igt just struck me that unlike Baba I've never really seen any of his matches. What are some of his better ones?

He was better than Baba I'd say, but still not very good. His matches with Vader are really something else, though. They tell a pretty good "aging icon vs badass monster" type story. If you can find it, I'd also try and watch his match from '84 with Riki Choshu. That was during an invasion stroyline where Choshu's crew from AJPW defected but acted like invaders.

There's also this historical craziness https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtlZfeh8gNc

Inoki is recognized by some as being a former WWE champion and WWE I think MIGHT (somebody correct me if I'm wrong here) have acknowledged him being WWE champion when he was inducted. Here he is, wrestling Bob Backlund.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
I haven't seen any Inoki either but Baba was great in the 70s.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://vimeo.com/32042846

one of the craziest german suplexes

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I found out the really hard way that Inoki was a really good mat dude in the '70s and early '80s and a clusterfuck-booked glorious weirdo for the rest of his career. His match with Billy Robinson is still amazing, he got great matches out of other greats, but nothing screams out to me if I think about him with less-than-greats. Regardless, for being the "hulk hogan" figure of a country, dude had chops.

Figuratively and literally.

So very, very literally.

(e: he was also a clusterfuck-book machine when he was in his prime.)

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Inoki's matches with Billy Robinson and Vader are absolute must-sees. In Vader's case, the first one from '87 since it happens in front of a literally riotous crowd, and the match from '96 because it just owns.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOAH is doing a 16-man round-robin tournament.

Block A:
Marufuji
Morishima
Kojima
Sekimoto
Nakajima
Saito
Cabana
Shane Haste

Block B:
Nagata
Sugiura
Masato Tanaka
Yone
Chris Hero
Taniguchi
Mikey Nicholls
Quiet Storm

Yes, THAT Quiet Storm.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ditch posted:

Block A:
Marufuji
Morishima
Kojima
Sekimoto
Nakajima
Saito
Cabana
Shane Haste

Block B:
Nagata
Sugiura
Masato Tanaka
Yone
Chris Hero
Taniguchi
Mikey Nicholls
Quiet Storm

Yes, THAT Quiet Storm.

Takeshi Morishima probably has the worst look in wrestling right now.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
zack sabre jr apparently just main evented a FUTEN show which seems incredibly weird

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

depression is a motherfucker. Morishima is depressed, right? Thats why he has awful hair, right?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

KungFu Grip posted:

Chinstrap bowlcuts were a look I've long waited for and it was worth the wait brother.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
ATTN Futen: Release DVDs. Or put up streams. Or something.

And Morishima is a heel so maybe he looks bad on purpose? He looked better at certain points even with more fat.

NOAH is so sad right now, even the Big Japan guys can't start a fire there.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Ditch posted:

Block A:
Marufuji
Morishima
Kojima
Sekimoto
Nakajima
Saito
Cabana
Shane Haste

Block B:
Nagata
Sugiura
Masato Tanaka
Yone
Chris Hero
Taniguchi
Mikey Nicholls
Quiet Storm

Yes, THAT Quiet Storm.

Quiet Storm was basically the top heel (kind of by default) for Osaka Pro last year and had the belt for a while. Apparently he's been working for Noah since Osaka Pro became a zombie promotion as is so not surprising I guess.

Also he's bulked up a LOT which just looks funny on a guy who's in the mid five foot range height-wise.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

his gimmick is Friar Tuck?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

his gimmick is Friar Tuck?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Kenny Omega's DDT farewell show is up on DM.

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x3g5io_JAHMAL1111_ddt-10-26-14/1#video=x28ojiw

Sounded fun from the Observer and I might show it on PSP.tv Sunday night.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The main event is pretty much every Dino match ever but the ending makes it worth it. It's like 10 minutes of wrestlers showing up, breaking up the pin, getting on the mic and going I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE SO THIS MATCH CAN NEVER END!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

awwww

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T53Htt7K7sk&t=23s

kame no ame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Popped like gently caress for Abdullah "Rainmaker" Kobayashi.