Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
you're okay, Al

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Al Borland posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677306#post436995142

Feel awful about this one. Just ugh, clearly a bad power supply or RAM.

lol

lmao

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I'm not convinced al borland can be anything else but a boring dork, but this is funny.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
if any gbs poster reveals the will not secret, can they please catch a ban? cheerleading shouldn't count

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I like the post in the politoons thread, I think it fits in pretty well and contributes to the topic

Kidsolo
Dec 4, 2006

Give the dog a bone

Al Borland posted:

Honestly I only shitpost in GBS.

Mods????

no wait, they already know you shitpost :)

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Kidsolo posted:

Mods????

no wait, they already know you shitpost :)

:downs:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im rooting for al

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im rooting for al

Same

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

you can do it al

FingerbangMisfire
Feb 17, 2007

It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, honesty, and decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
Pro-al

Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

Im joining the Al coalition.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
:confused:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I'm not convinced al borland can be anything else but a boring dork, but this is funny.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

:smithdowns:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

troubled teen posted:

What? no.

If he doesn't succeed does he get a HEGEL level probation?

Wait, what happened to HEGEL?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Al Borland posted:

So my school is using what I consider actually a really decent forums called Piazza. I honestly enjoy it for the most part, the email updates are a bit annoying but you can turn them off for the most part.

For class discussions it works really well, but one problem I have is there isn't an ignore and the professor doesn't do anything about this one assinine student who keeps posting stupid class.

His latest thing he posted in the general discussion forum was an MRA article that really is just like the last straw for me.

He titled it "10 Red Flags When Meeting Girls".
I literally can't make this poo poo up but he was defending the article and saying all the girl's he has met with tattoos are definitely crazy and broken.

Like this poo poo is not appropriate for school boards or general social media. I absolutely hate life hack posts and this is like some severe bastardized warping of it.

You're an adult now HOW do you agree with this poo poo or feel its appropriate to post this poo poo on class forums with other students. Holy crap. MRA life hack tips on student forums is what my life has become. Getting the occasional bump update in my email for this crap is not appropriate.

Should I talk to the professor about this guy? It is possible he just hasn't noticed the kid's posts? No one has commented on any of his posts and this is like his third one.

This one actually blended in pretty well. Good job Al.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You are out of your mind if you think I'm going to read any long post by Al Borland, but I do appreciate that he seems to be participating in his event.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Dengue_Fever posted:

Al Borland supporters should get a Home Improvement gangtag.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Al Borland supporters should get a Home Improvement gangtag.

now this i support

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
what punishment will franco get if al succeeds? maybe HE should get the home improvement gangtag

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

you irl posted:

what punishment will franco get if al succeeds? maybe HE should get the home improvement gangtag
i dont think so tim

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

you irl posted:

All the Al haters that are notable get stuck with the Wilson gangtag, peeping over the fence in their lame hats.

I would suggest the annoying wife of Tim, but no one deserves that. There has to be balance.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Good luck Al i'm rooting for you

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

whoflungpoop posted:

Good luck Al i'm rooting for you
Thanks... y-you too...

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Al Borland, you are a saint.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

so hes done five now right?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You are out of your mind if you think I'm going to read any long post by Al Borland, but I do appreciate that he seems to be participating in his event.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Dengue_Fever posted:

Al Qaeda

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
how bad were this guys posts before that people are cheering for gigantic boring posts about washing machines or whatever

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

little munchkin posted:

how bad were this guys posts before that people are cheering for gigantic boring posts about washing machines or whatever

really boring and occasionally just stupid.

Snotty By Nature
Sep 11, 2007

Dongattack posted:

Al Borland, you are a saint.

Tamerlame
Oct 20, 2012

All hail al.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

little munchkin posted:

There are posters who are more aggressively bad but I've never seen an Al Borland post that is even a little interesting, and in a way that's an even worse posting crime than being someone like Jon Pop or Werebear. His posts are always completely empty stream-of-lack-of-consciousness stuff like "I've seen these around town sometimes too." or "Nice, this reminds me of toys I had when I was a kid." or "Agreed, me too."

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Ion Helmet posted:

There are posters who are more aggressively bad but I've never seen an Al Borland post that is even a little interesting, and in a way that's an even worse posting crime than being someone like Jon Pop or Werebear. His posts are always completely empty stream-of-lack-of-consciousness stuff like "I've seen these around town sometimes too." or "Nice, this reminds me of toys I had when I was a kid." or "Agreed, me too."

Hmm I never really thought of it that way.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Holy poo poo though he sounds boring enough to own a Laundromat. If I didn't know any better Id believe the a/t thread

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
politoons post is gold and has kicked off a discussion about America's Favorite Unpatriotic Cat

we need more mod challenges, holy poo poo

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

im gay for al

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

lonesomedwarf posted:

im gay for al
yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Ion Helmet posted:

I was wondering what the big deal was. I don't keep track if every poster the way some people seem to, but I usually know who people are in call out threads.

• Locked thread