Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

He's a forensic scientist, not a physicist.

It's dumb to get worked up over it, but it's weird to think you need to be a physicist to understand what E=MC^2 means. That's high school level physics at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

VDay posted:

And as a double special secret bonus, I got my hands on the extended take of the kissing scene. Not sure why they didn't use this version.

Genius.

Some Numbers posted:

That last one is amazing. I wonder what Amell would think of that.

I was wondering the same, so I posted it on his page.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
God I love this show. It nails the cheesy comic book stuff so well. That train seen was amazing, and the freeze gun scene where Barry can't save the guy was great.

Also,

Nate Falls posted:

Clarification: My beef wasn't that the name is cheesy, which is totally kosher

:vince:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Is Iris' boyfriend supposed to be Zoom? Who's Wells supposed to be then?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Is Iris' boyfriend supposed to be Zoom? Who's Wells supposed to be then?

Professor Eobard Thawne and ZOOM are two distinct characters but Wells is probably neither.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Rhyno posted:

Professor Eobard Thawne and ZOOM are two distinct characters but Wells is probably neither.

Woops, my Flash knowledge is a bit rusty. Who the hell is Wells then, he's an interesting character but I can't place him.

Also I will always be entertained by Flash waiting for the villian to shoot his gun or attack before doing anything. Fantastic. He just needs to be a bit sassier like Wally.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Woops, my Flash knowledge is a bit rusty. Who the hell is Wells then, he's an interesting character but I can't place him.

Probably Professor T.O. Morrow based on his MO so far if I had to guess. His name is obviously an allusion to H.G. Wells of The Time Machine fame but he only has things from the future, there's no indication he's also from there.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
You start talking about the Justice Society and now I’m wishing that CW could somehow pull off a Starman (Jack Knight) series, or even a one-shot appearance…

But I do like the idea of keeping the Cinematic Universe and the TV universes completely separate. There’s enough DC lore and backstory with Arrow and Flash alone, let alone stuff like the JSA, to have stories for years without Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman, especially since Arrow and The Flash have embraced their comic book roots as opposed to distancing themselves like Gotham and Smallville.

Of course, if you’re going to do this, go all the way. Gorilla Grodd is great. "All in a day's work... for FRANKENSTEIN!" is even better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While a Jack Knight series would be cool, it kind of requires an elaborate backstory where heroes were active for quite some time. They wouldn't necessarily have to go back to the 40s with all the aging/de-aging stuff but it would require Jack's father active as a superhero before Jack was born.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

While a Jack Knight series would be cool, it kind of requires an elaborate backstory where heroes were active for quite some time. They wouldn't necessarily have to go back to the 40s with all the aging/de-aging stuff but it would require Jack's father active as a superhero before Jack was born.
That's why Stargirl would be an acceptable substitute for that family and legacy since there are fewer necessary angles and a lot more open avenues

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For Jack Knight, could t you just say his dad was a circus performer known as Starman and also a vigilante, but was not a publicly known vigilante because he was good at keeping his activities secret? And then add the family drama on top of that.

I like Stargirl and Jack above t equally well, I would want any series to have both.

greatn fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 30, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

That's why Stargirl would be an acceptable substitute for that family and legacy since there are fewer necessary angles and a lot more open avenues

Oh no. We went down that road with Smallville and it's DC Collectibles staff.

Though, realistically, you're way more likely to get Courtney, because of Johns.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Snart.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Over ten years ago, before Birds of Prey got canceled, there were rumors about the Smallville/Birds of Prey producers making a Starman series. I just remember James Robinson suggesting Jonathan Pryce play The Shade, and Tony Harris wanted Justin Theroux as Jack Knight (which was an awesome choice back then, but he might be too old now).

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quit making fun of the guy’s last name, guys. That’s just cold.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:rimshot:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They only did that in one episode you know.

Flash has done it in every one.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

CobiWann posted:

Quit making fun of the guy’s last name, guys. That’s just cold.

You need to cool it with these puns.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OB_Juan posted:

You need to cool it with these puns.

What's the problem buddy? Stay chill

chazzared
Dec 4, 2006
Guys, there's obvious clues in the teasers that everyone is missing. I missed them myself until a friend pointed it out.

Wells is Metron.

Series finale will introduce the New Gods.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

What's the problem buddy? Stay chill

I just want to put the “Snart” jokes on ice, before it gets hot in here in mid-December.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

chazzared posted:

Guys, there's obvious clues in the teasers that everyone is missing. I missed them myself until a friend pointed it out.

Wells is Metron.

Well, he is known for riding around in a chair...

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

chazzared posted:

Wells is Metron.

Leaked series finale photo from final stinger:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Byers2142 posted:

Leaked series finale photo from final stinger:

Aw, yeah, WESTSEID!!!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

My wife and I watched the episode last night, and in less than twenty-four hours, I've said "We've got Snart!" probably a dozen times. 'Snart' is the funniest word in the world to her now (thankfully).

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?

Yannick_B posted:

I was getting frightened for him, like Cisco was going to get shived in the episode stinger.

I got the impression that if Cisco hadn't been back in Barry's good graces at episode's end Wells would've shanked the hell out of him for making the cold gun.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Okay, I guess every TV IV goon has a moment where they come up with a crazy bullshit theory about their favorite TV show, but as unlikely as it may be, I just have to put this forward.

I have this hazy picture of Tom Cavanaugh and Grant Gustin side by side, and I can't help but think that there's a resemblance. Now I can't shake the idea that Harrison Wells is Barry Allen from the future.

Snart.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

iamnotcreative posted:

I got the impression that if Cisco hadn't been back in Barry's good graces at episode's end Wells would've shanked the hell out of him for making the cold gun.

It's hilarious how the audience knows and sees Wells as creepy/sinister (the scene where he berates Cisco in the beginning is straight-up lit and framed like a horror movie) but Barry is totally oblivious to it all.

Edit: The shank talk reminds me -- uh, didn't Wells shank one of the richest and most prominent men in the city, and one who had just been the target of a high-profile assassination attempt? Did that just somehow mysteriously get swept under the rug?

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 30, 2014

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Just started The Flash. I finished watching all 4 episodes and I must say it was far better than I anticipated. I was skeptical about the show after how Gotham is right now and because of how I gave up on Arrow so easily. I wasn't expecting DC to be able to pull off a quality show. The Flash definitely is already off to a great start even though there are some pretty face palm-y type moments from time to time. I look forward to seeing what is to come in the future.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Windows 98 posted:

I gave up on Arrow so easily

You chose... poorly.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Rarity posted:

You chose... poorly.

I haven't done much in the way of looking at reviews or ratings for it recently. Is it better now? Also was the computer science lady and Barry meeting something that happened in Arrow? I was kinda confused where she came from.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Windows 98 posted:

I haven't done much in the way of looking at reviews or ratings for it recently. Is it better now? Also was the computer science lady and Barry meeting something that happened in Arrow? I was kinda confused where she came from.

Yes, and yes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

First season of Arrow is like, "Hm this is a pretty good show for a comic book show". Season two of Arrow just loving crushes it.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Windows 98 posted:

Definitely give Arrow's first season a full watch. It finds its feet quickly and, barring a misstep mid-season with the Huntress mini-arc, accelerates towards a really satisfying finale.

And Season 2 had a mini-arc in the middle of the season with this Barry (the character and the actor) as a back-door Flash pilot which is why the characters know each other and have a bit of history.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

zoux posted:

First half of season one of Arrow is like, "Hm this is a pretty good show for a comic book show". After episode 9, Arrow just loving crushes it.

Fixed that for you.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: The shank talk reminds me -- uh, didn't Wells shank one of the richest and most prominent men in the city, and one who had just been the target of a high-profile assassination attempt? Did that just somehow mysteriously get swept under the rug?

I assume he got in and out of the building pretty fast. :flashfact:

(Comic book related stuff that will come up on the show in the near future)
Now I have this image of Wells in the Reverse Flash suit rushing into the building pushing a wheelchair, changing back to his normal clothes, wheeling himself in for the scene and stabbing, and then groaning when he realizes he's got to push the chair all the way back to S.T.A.R. labs...

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 30, 2014

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

I didn't even watch the first season of Arrow. Its now one of my new favorite shows. So when I go back I start from episode 9 or just power through it?

I love the Barry cameo because The Flash is awesome. Best superhero show yet.p

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Fragmented posted:

I didn't even watch the first season of Arrow. Its now one of my new favorite shows. So when I go back I start from episode 9 or just power through it?

I love the Barry cameo because The Flash is awesome. Best superhero show yet.p

The first 8 episodes definitely set up the rest of the show, but if you were fine from the start of season 2, you could probably start with 9 and power through. Give it a shot.

You will be completely lost in the flashbacks.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

Aw, yeah, WESTSEID!!!

As long as we get Piper and the show must go on.

Then again Welles likes to sit, and we all know who else likes to sit.

WELLES IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

zoux posted:

First season of Arrow is like, "Hm this is a pretty good show for a comic book show". Season two of Arrow just loving crushes it.

While the Arrow is pretty good it still has a tiny bit of a Smallville feel to it. I don't know how to pinpoint it, but it's definitely there while i really don't feel it as much in The Flash.

Maybe it's everyone looking ridiculously pretty or the excessive shirtless scenes or some of the hammy relationship stuff that's persisted from season 1. I dunno.

• Locked thread