Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Gaiman was once asked about and he kind of shrugged and said if you go into a mall in London on a Saturday you'll see about a dozen boys that look exactly like Tim/Harry.

British people all look alike to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I prefer to imagine Darkseid is just so flabbergasted that he temporarily breaks character.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

GorfZaplen posted:

I prefer to imagine Darkseid is just so flabbergasted that he temporarily breaks character.

"Who summons me?!
"Whu...Buh...Uh...I...DARKSEID!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, if anyone could turn Darkseid's head, it'd be Dark Phoenix.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I kind of read it as I....(know what, gently caress you, I am your superior in everyway) DARKSEID.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Gaiman was once asked about and he kind of shrugged and said if you go into a mall in London on a Saturday you'll see about a dozen boys that look exactly like Tim/Harry.

As somebody who shares that general look and ancestry, both Tim and Harry are basically the Generic White UK Teenager. It's always fun to watch a Potterhead discover Books of Magic and get all worked up about it for a day or so.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Madkal posted:

I kind of read it as I....(know what, gently caress you, I am your superior in everyway) DARKSEID.

When is it ever not

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wanderer posted:

As somebody who shares that general look and ancestry, both Tim and Harry are basically the Generic White UK Teenager. It's always fun to watch a Potterhead discover Books of Magic and get all worked up about it for a day or so.

People always claimed Harry loved Ginny or Hermione or Luna or whatever, but I always knew he was profoundly in love with Pandora. :colbert:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Wanderer posted:

They are both rip offs of Tommy Taylor.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Injustice Year Three 05

Harley is so loving good in this series, god drat.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Woman's got a point there. Only one person in that room with a PhD and it's not Mister Fate.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The two panels where Doctor Fate knows he can but also can't is really sad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On the other hand, I assume the next page has Zatanna go "Um, Harley? You're a psychiatrist, not a vet."

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand, I assume the next page has Zatanna go "Um, Harley? You're a psychiatrist, not a vet."

Psychiatrists have MD training, and most monkey species are close enough, anatomically, to humans that Harley could reasonably fake it (assuming that the monkey is injured, not poisoned or infected).

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Parahexavoctal posted:

Psychiatrists have MD training, and most monkey species are close enough, anatomically, to humans that Harley could reasonably fake it (assuming that the monkey is injured, not poisoned or infected).

I believe chimps are apes, not monkeys.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
But...but does he make it? :ohdear:

(Oh, and nice lazy eye from Zatanna in the second page!)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Harley owns in that series. Too bad DC hates good things and only lets this fly because it's an elseworld video-game tie in and therefore doesn't really 'count.'

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Not if Zatanna wants to keep living.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can't she just go "pmihc laeh" or whatever?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Gaz-L posted:

Comics have shown us that mastering one thing instantly makes you amazing with everything else remotely related to that field. Sort of how Lex Luthor went to business school and suddenly became the world's leading expert on genetics :pseudo:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

goatface posted:

Can't she just go "pmihc laeh" or whatever?

Hahahahahaha gently caress no

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fuego Fish posted:

Comics have shown us that mastering one thing instantly makes you amazing with everything else remotely related to that field. Sort of how Lex Luthor went to business school and suddenly became the world's leading expert on genetics :pseudo:

It's more like "being smart" is a superpower and once you have it you're super smart at everything, isn't it?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Fuego Fish posted:

Hank Pym, master of etymology. And particle physics. Robotics, too. Probably a medical doctor as well.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Hank Pym, master of etymology. And particle physics. Robotics, too. Probably a medical doctor as well.

Scientist Supreme :smuggo:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

mind the walrus posted:

Scientist Supreme :smuggo:

Well, except for his buggy AI coding skills...

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Then again dude was creating sentient AI in the 60s. Given how much Computer Science has progressed since then that's like learning someone made a working helicopter during the Iron Age.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Then again dude was creating sentient AI in the 60s. Given how much Computer Science has progressed since then that's like learning someone made a working helicopter during the Iron Age.

It flies so well, only problem is that from time to time the automated weapons systems lock on to civilians! :v:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Mr. Maltose posted:

Parahexavoctal posted:

Hey, I should point out that Alfred is in the background there. He's a trained combat medic and has experience patching people up, ask for his help people!

Mr. Maltose posted:

Reed Richards once admitted that Hank is indeed a master of many fields of science. So much so that it would take Reed a solid two weeks to become as good as Hank in his various disciplines.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Fuego Fish posted:

I just read the Fantastic Four Original Sin issue. In it, Reed encounters a locked door and Alicia asks him if he can just "use your science" on it to open it. That's such a vague question and a really weird way of phrasing it.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Uthor posted:

I just read the Fantastic Four Original Sin issue. In it, Reed encounters a locked door and Alicia asks him if he can just "use your science" on it to open it. That's such a vague question and a really weird way of phrasing it.

She's just asking the wrong doctor.

Nemesis would science the *gently caress* out of that door.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

She's just asking the wrong doctor.

Nemesis would science the *gently caress* out of that door.

Whoever had the idea to make Warren Ellis into a character should get some kind of award.

The Question IRL posted:

Reed Richards once admitted that Hank is indeed a master of many fields of science. So much so that it would take Reed a solid two weeks to become as good as Hank in his various disciplines.

I think it was just Pym particles.

Poor Pym. Did they ever officially declare that his becoming "Scientist Supreme" in Avengers Academy was a hallucination or it just being regular ignored?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm pretty sure it was some sort-of cosmic prank but don't quote me on that.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure it was some sort-of cosmic prank but don't quote me on that.

Suck it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nevvy Z posted:

Whoever had the idea to make Warren Ellis into a character should get some kind of award.

Of course it would be Fraction to do it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nevvy Z posted:

Poor Pym. Did they ever officially declare that his becoming "Scientist Supreme" in Avengers Academy was a hallucination or it just being regular ignored?

It was Loki messing with him, wasn't it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Die Laughing posted:

Of course it would be Fraction to do it.

Bendis had Ellis in Powers in a really early episode.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bobkatt013 posted:

Bendis had Ellis in Powers in a really early episode.

That's right -- he was doing a ride-along with the cops, wasn't he?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

prefect posted:

It's a good issue, and Ellis was actually amused at how much of a git he was portrayed as.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

prefect posted:

Yep. Its a pretty great issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Robo-Ellis is a sidekick in Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse.