Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

More seriously, the playable Talaxian thing really really stinks of something that would have been in at release and part of the advertising (maybe to go alongside a lifetime sub sale?), but wasn't ready in time. It's another sign (along with the assortment of high profile items with broken upgrades, like the assimilated console) that the whole expansion was horribly rushed out the door by PWE.

Overall though, the patch looks pretty good. Smoothing off a lot of rough edges. Also...

MikeJF posted:

YESS my Antiproton DBB ship is gonna be kickass.
Whelp, time to upgrade the Avenger and also make some crtdx3 antiproton DBBs. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array from the Mission Reward for "Sphere of Influence":
Renamed to "Ancient Omni-Directional Beam Array" to reduce confusion between this and the similarly-named Crafted Beam Arrays.
This mission reward no longer shares a Equip Limit Category with the Crafted Beam Arrays, allowing both to be placed on any ship simultaneously.
Damage from this weapon has been increased by a small amount.
It still deals less damage than the Crafted Beams, but the difference is smaller, and this beam can benefit from a set bonus.

So now we can fill a 5/3 setup(Some cruisers) or 3/3(Science vessels, carriers) with full beams(Given the Kinetic Cutter as No.3)? Hum. Beam Banks will finally see some use. Of course, it'd leave you to go with 'Beam' damage rather than energy type, but I can imagine that's a small price to pay for full-frontal assault. I guess it'd depend on the ship.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bloodly posted:

So now we can fill a 5/3 setup(Some cruisers) or 3/3(Science vessels, carriers) with full beams(Given the Kinetic Cutter as No.3)? Hum. Beam Banks will finally see some use. Of course, it'd leave you to go with 'Beam' damage rather than energy type, but I can imagine that's a small price to pay for full-frontal assault. I guess it'd depend on the ship.

Beam, or anti-proton.

I'm already doing this on my Breen Raider. It's fun.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DBB builds were already surprisingly potent, and the main reason to not use them was being unable to make use of every rear slot. You could get away with throwing in a torpedo or the like that gave an energy type damage/crit damage bonus, but now you can actually use a full set on anything with 3 or less in the back assuming it's not some five-turn space brick. And it's hard to go wrong with antiproton.

Also,

Pulsewave TR-116 for free, huh? Cryptic's gotta be desperate for subs.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Asimo posted:

DBB builds were already surprisingly potent, and the main reason to not use them was being unable to make use of every rear slot. You could get away with throwing in a torpedo or the like that gave an energy type damage/crit damage bonus, but now you can actually use a full set on anything with 3 or less in the back assuming it's not some five-turn space brick. And it's hard to go wrong with antiproton.

Also,

Kinda liking the freebie shotgun as it's from the best intro sequence in the Star Trek franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXw6hC7hxBA

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Bloodly posted:

Wait is this saying you can fit the reward Omni beam, and a crafted omni beam? 'Cause it's not letting me do that.

...unless maybe it's because the "Ancient" beam I have is upgraded, and the reclassification process didn't recognize it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Wait is this saying you can fit the reward Omni beam, and a crafted omni beam? 'Cause it's not letting me do that.

...unless maybe it's because the "Ancient" beam I have is upgraded, and the reclassification process didn't recognize it.

This patch isn't live yet.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Frankenstyle posted:

Patch hasn't dropped yet, wait a few hours.

MikeJF you son of a bitch

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Yeah. I realized that a second ago, and was hoping to quietly edit away my stupidity.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
An I missing something because I seem to be able to equip two omni beams (obelisk reward & omega rep) just fine already.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

An I missing something because I seem to be able to equip two omni beams (obelisk reward & omega rep) just fine already.

Omega omni beam is different, it's not really a beam and more a 360 arc kinetic damage lance. You've always been able to equip them together.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

For lifetime subscribers. That's worth $200 right there.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

MoraleHazard posted:

For lifetime subscribers. That's worth $200 right there.

I already trained to be a chef nearly 20 years ago, hosed if i'm going be typecast as a Talaxian. :colbert:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

faxmachine posted:

* A small number of players were using an exploit that allowed them to abuse a Duty Officer mission which allowed them to turn in Contraband in exchange for dilithium by using multiple characters on an account to turn in Contraband. This mission has now been replaced by a new Duty Officer mission that rewards a marks package containing 10 marks of the player's choice.

Thank you for playing Star Trek Online.

I have 41 alts for turning in contra. That isn't funny.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

hakimashou posted:

I have 41 alts for turning in contra. That isn't funny.

How's your profit cycle?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
So in the month I've been away from sto playing the uber goon drama shitfucked new Korean mmo archeage (which is really fun), I lost almost billion ec in net worth from Nicor prices making GBS threads the bed.

But, I also spent a good hour getting my Brel up to speed and it shits on absolutely everything I've found in the mostly empty kerrat now. Epic t14 torps, tac consoles, UR mk14 unis, it's a beast.

There always seem to be a few Feds in kerrat trying to farm the mobs, and I can always gank all of them over and over so far. My crtdx4 photon torps crit for as much as 40k each on exposed hull.

Is xean still around? Is there still contamination in quarks? I need to go sidle up to pretty ladies again.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeJF posted:

How's your profit cycle?

I haven't done it in ages, like since jkname got banned and I became disillusioned with the game, but I was saving the dil for promo packs which yielded a pretty nice profit, like 50% I think.

What does cat food cost now and what is the dil/zen? I used to get 3 rotations in pretty regularly for like 240k refined dil per day. Took like 10 or 15 mins to cycle all the toons if I remember right.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

hakimashou posted:

Is xean still around? Is there still contamination in quarks? I need to go sidle up to pretty ladies again.

Yes and my god yes.

Xean is caught up in leveling his army of alts just as much as any other pubbie, so he doesn't seem to be around much in ESD. But he's still chatty in his little hugbox channel.

Quarks continues to get worse and worse, especially with the new body sliders that basically allow female characters to look pregnant. There's been some blatant pedophilia recently. Look out for a tiny white orion with all sliders set to minimum if you're ever there late night. No chat logs to link, since they come into quarks, walk around a bit and leave whenever I or another goon is around. If you're lucky he'll run his jailbait character around yours a few times before leaving.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

But, I also spent a good hour getting my Brel up to speed and it shits on absolutely everything I've found in the mostly empty kerrat now. Epic t14 torps, tac consoles, UR mk14 unis, it's a beast.

There always seem to be a few Feds in kerrat trying to farm the mobs, and I can always gank all of them over and over so far. My crtdx4 photon torps crit for as much as 40k each on exposed hull.
That's probably going to change now. There was a bug preventing level 60 players from entering ker'rat which is supposedly being fixed in today's patch. I'm curious to see how you'll do against fully upgraded ships.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Trying to gauge if a disco ball party popper spamming Talaxian would drive pubbies crazy or engender espirit de corps as Neelix's girlfriend was a three year old.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
First one, then the other.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Asimo posted:

Also,

Does this have shield pen like the TR-116? Because it looks just like a normal pulsewave to me.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Notice the physical damage. You know, the same damage lunge and sweeping strikes and other through-shields poo poo like that does.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Psycho Landlord posted:

Notice the physical damage. You know, the same damage lunge and sweeping strikes and other through-shields poo poo like that does.

Awww! Okay thanks.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

g0del posted:

But be fair, there's an equal chance that :cryptic: just c/ped the last mirror event entirely and forgot to update the list of marks.
Welp.

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash

Asimo posted:

More seriously, the playable Talaxian thing really really stinks of something that would have been in at release and part of the advertising (maybe to go alongside a lifetime sub sale?), but wasn't ready in time. It's another sign (along with the assortment of high profile items with broken upgrades, like the assimilated console) that the whole expansion was horribly rushed out the door by PWE.

Overall though, the patch looks pretty good. Smoothing off a lot of rough edges. Also...

Whelp, time to upgrade the Avenger and also make some crtdx3 antiproton DBBs. :v:

"Added upgrade functionality to the Borg assimilated console."

:c00lbert:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't logged in for a couple days so I didn't notice XP gain getting nerfed again. Stumbled across this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1279691

"Normal Difficulty: Before patch Kazon carrier 316 XP, after patch 253 XP, please check and confirm reduction.

EDIT: Advanced difficulty, Kazon carrier is now 316 XP, same as normal was prepatch.
EDIT2: Elite Kazon carrier give 504 XP, same as before iirc."

Doesn't seem like much (I probably would never have noticed).

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So not only can you not get delta marks from Mirror but the advanced version fails if you let the station get to 0%, apparently. Oh, and on normal you can clear out all the rifts without them constantly respawning again and sit around with gently caress all to do.

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I haven't logged in for a couple days so I didn't notice XP gain getting nerfed again. Stumbled across this post:

"Normal Difficulty: Before patch Kazon carrier 316 XP, after patch 253 XP, please check and confirm reduction.

EDIT: Advanced difficulty, Kazon carrier is now 316 XP, same as normal was prepatch.

That same pubbie admitted his gently caress up, he was playing on advanced the night before and forgot when he did a normal patrol in the morning.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

DancingShade posted:

Borticus said that no experience reduction should be in place and the OP rerun his numbers and admits he was wrong.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Cool. Yay for apathy :toot:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

I've been getting rid of some old crap on my hard drives and have found some fairly amusing stuff that was OpSec back in the day. Given this sort of stuff is around a year and a half old, would it be fair to say it no longer needs to be kept a secret and can be shared for the amusement of all?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Can't wait to make a Klingon talaxian.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I needed a new Contra mule anyway :D

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

Borticus said that no experience reduction should be in place and the OP rerun his numbers and admits he was wrong.
Yeah, it looks like they didn't change mob XP at all. On the other hand, I hope you weren't planning to doff your way to level 60 anytime soon.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Burning_Monk posted:

Awww! Okay thanks.
Cryptic is too predictable. :suicide:

Aleth posted:

So not only can you not get delta marks from Mirror but the advanced version fails if you let the station get to 0%, apparently. Oh, and on normal you can clear out all the rifts without them constantly respawning again and sit around with gently caress all to do.
Has Cryptic actually stated why they made Advanced objectives much more difficult than the old Elite difficulty by giving them all hard failure conditions? I mean I know the actual reason is because they want to drastically slow down progression by discouraging pub groups from doing advanced queues (and still slowing it down if they do run them by the occasional failures), but they obviously wouldn't say that.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ludicro posted:

I've been getting rid of some old crap on my hard drives and have found some fairly amusing stuff that was OpSec back in the day. Given this sort of stuff is around a year and a half old, would it be fair to say it no longer needs to be kept a secret and can be shared for the amusement of all?

Is it on the wiki already?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

1gb patch? I hope it's all new Neelix textures

e: I can confirm that the boxes from last mirror invasion have delta marks.
e2: but not the actual rewards from running one lol

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 31, 2014

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

g0del posted:

That's probably going to change now. There was a bug preventing level 60 players from entering ker'rat which is supposedly being fixed in today's patch. I'm curious to see how you'll do against fully upgraded ships.

Yeah I'm gonna have to get to lv 60 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Literally every single omni-directional beam array on the exchange has a [dmg] tag, in every beam type. :( Guess I gotta make my own if I want otherwise?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 31, 2014

• Locked thread