Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

So that Assault Suit makes it so Kiki-Jiki can make permanent copies for 2, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Have another new card:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

theironjef posted:

So that Assault Suit makes it so Kiki-Jiki can make permanent copies for 2, right?

Yes.

deftest
May 7, 2011

sarmhan posted:

Have another new card:

[Burn spell] : Reverberate : Howl of the Horde : Dualcaster Mage : Impact Resonance

Live the dream?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think anything is really that broken with assault suit...

Except maybe Brass Squire/Auriok Windwalker/Leonin Shikari + Assault Suit + Phyrexian Dreadnaught :3:.

Also phyrexian soulgorger is pretty cute.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

sarmhan posted:

Have another new card:

I almost thought this could be legacy playable, but then I saw it only hits creatures... :(

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

What is going on in the art here? The guy on the left is getting a lava axe to the noggin, but what's the other person doing? It looks like world's most awkward dodge.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What is going on in the art here? The guy on the left is getting a lava axe to the noggin, but what's the other person doing? It looks like world's most awkward dodge.

It's the 'impact resonance'. She got hit in the face (see the blood and teeth flying out of her mouth), and then the spell burns him in the head as a follow up. Or he gets burned and the resonance is some kind of invisible punch in the face to her, but the red spell is probably setting fire to people.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

They're just getting groovy, red style.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Mordieth posted:

What on earth are you playing?

He mentioned it earlier, Soul Sisters with Norin the Wary.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Norin/Soul Sisters is the only other modern deck I play and it does honestly have a good (but not THAT good) matchup vs Delver/burn but a pretty mediocre matchup versus almost everything else. That said, it's possible that if delver/burn stay the top 2 decks, Soul Sisters could eke out a place in the top 6 or so, though it doesn't have a lot of game vs. combo unless you get a really good draw.

(i LOVE norin)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The MTGO metagame is going to be cheap U/R decks basically forever until Cruise gets banned, if it does. What to play on MTGO is always skewed a ton. For a long time you had to be able to beat Mono U Tron in Modern because it was the cheapest tier 1.5 deck and was everywhere.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

rabidsquid posted:

The MTGO metagame is going to be cheap U/R decks basically forever until Cruise gets banned, if it does. What to play on MTGO is always skewed a ton. For a long time you had to be able to beat Mono U Tron in Modern because it was the cheapest tier 1.5 deck and was everywhere.

Cruise, Dig and Ascendancy are all getting banned unless WOTC likes trolling.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Angry Grimace posted:

Cruise, Dig and Ascendancy are all getting banned unless WOTC likes trolling.

They could leave all of them and unban half the current list. That'd be silly and fun for a couple weeks.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

They could reprint Force of Will :getin:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

toadee posted:

which would actually make cruise stronger, I think

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rinkles posted:

which would actually make cruise stronger, I think
People just post about FoW because they think they're being witty, pay no heed.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

neetengie posted:

I always didn't like Boettcher for some unknown reason. Glad that it was justified.

My reason was known all along: it was the Pokemon hat.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I Love You! posted:

Norin/Soul Sisters is the only other modern deck I play and it does honestly have a good (but not THAT good) matchup vs Delver/burn but a pretty mediocre matchup versus almost everything else. That said, it's possible that if delver/burn stay the top 2 decks, Soul Sisters could eke out a place in the top 6 or so, though it doesn't have a lot of game vs. combo unless you get a really good draw.

(i LOVE norin)

It's the best. I've lost 1 match to UR Delver because I drew 0 of my 8-ofs in 3 games. I still won game 2 with the double Champion + Norin draw. It really isn't that bad against most decks. GR Tron is almost unwinnable if they have a half decent draw. I just beat Zoo by going bigger than it, for example. Turn 2 3/3 Champion followed by a turn 3 6/6 Pridemate. :allears:

Mordieth posted:

What on earth are you playing?

https://deckbox.org/sets/56895

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
What decks are actually playing Dig? Everyone keeps talking about how it should be banned but I never hear of anyone actually running it.

AgentSythe posted:

There's a modern version (it doesn't have the draw engine, it's really more like Stax) that you could maindeck RIP if you wanted. That deck is actually pretty good in a meta without a lot of tron and UWR control

List for this? I've never heard of Rest in Pieces before.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

C-Euro posted:

What decks are actually playing Dig? Everyone keeps talking about how it should be banned but I never hear of anyone actually running it.

This is the latest Dissolution list of WU Enchantment Prison with RIP In Peace maindeck, and I think he was tuning it to be better against Delver:
http://deckbox.org/sets/813813

EDIT: Oh I thought this was a reply to a different post, so it might not be what you're looking for specifically.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

C-Euro posted:

A quick Google suggests it's the RIP-Helm of Obedience combo, but I could be wrong on that

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

C-Euro posted:

In Modern, Dig is most commonly played out of Scapeshift (and sometimes more controlling builds of Jeskai). In Legacy I've seen it in Miracles and Show & Tell decks. In Vintage it was in LSV's most recent VSL deck. It's not as overpowering as Cruise but it still sees play in all formats.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Rule of thumb is if you're a deck who's heavy blue you run Dig, if you're splashing you run Cruise.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Elyv posted:

Rule of thumb is if you're a deck who's heavy blue you run Dig, if you're splashing you run Cruise.

I'm delighted by the fact that Burn in Modern just unashamedly splashes Treasure Cruise to great success.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I actually think Dig is way less offensive than cruise. It's certainly in less decks.

I've actually encountered a fair bit of maindeck pyroclasm and anger of the gods in non-delver/burn decks lately, which I'm assuming is a response to the sudden influx of delver decks. Also, how come auriok champion isn't in more soul sisters lists? Seems like it would be a particularly good choice right now, at least in sideboards. My sideboard kor firewalkers have done a ton of work lately.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Joe Lossett aka Oarsman79 was also playing a sweet-looking high tide deck, cutting candelabras for reset and the sorcery draw-sevens for dig through time. The deck operates entirely at instant speed and is a ton of fun based on watching him play it. It's even relatively cheap for a legacy deck, coming in at ~700$, with most of the expensive cards being staples like 8 fetchlands, forces, and 2 flusterstorms. Who knows if it's actually that good but having a solid legacy deck

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

sarmhan posted:

Joe Lossett aka Oarsman79 was also playing a sweet-looking high tide deck, cutting candelabras for reset and the sorcery draw-sevens for dig through time. The deck operates entirely at instant speed and is a ton of fun based on watching him play it. It's even relatively cheap for a legacy deck, coming in at ~700$, with most of the expensive cards being staples like 8 fetchlands, forces, and 2 flusterstorms. Who knows if it's actually that good but having a solid legacy deck

Reset in High Tide means he's playing Solidarity. It's High tide that can only go off on the opponent's turn.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

sarmhan posted:

Have another new card:

This card is going in my Brion Stoutarm deck so loving fast

edit: damnit, nevermind. creatures only

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Somebody who can do art make should draw up a thing with Insectile Abberation, Swiftspear, Goblin Guide and Young Pyromancer hanging out on a Cruise ship together.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Cernunnos posted:

Somebody who can do art make should draw up a thing with Insectile Abberation, Swiftspear, Goblin Guide and Young Pyromancer hanging out on a Cruise ship together.

Or you could just put their faces over this

Young Peezy could be a bobblehead on the dash.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 30, 2014

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cernunnos posted:

A Treasure Crew, if you will.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Cernunnos posted:

It should be Delver not aberration because despite casting him on turn 2, seeing 80% of your deck, and cast all 4 serum visions, he still has not flipped yet.
I really hate that card and think its the weakest card in modern Delver. I keep wanting to cut it but then I have one of those games where it flips on turn 2 and its just absurd.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Wadjamaloo posted:

It should be Delver not aberration because despite casting him on turn 2, seeing 80% of your deck, and cast all 4 serum visions, he still has not flipped yet.
I really hate that card and think its the weakest card in modern Delver. I keep wanting to cut it but then I have one of those games where it flips on turn 2 and its just absurd.

Why can't I ever play you? I don't think I've ever seen Delver not flip on turn 2 or 3 at the latest.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

BizarroAzrael posted:

A Treasure Crew, if you will.

Why isn't this the official name of the delver/pyro/swift deck yet?

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped

I Love You! posted:

Why are people still playing non-treasure cruise decks in modern events, I swear to god free wins are cool and all but what the hell is everyone thinking?

I'm still playing Pod because I've actually got a winning record with it versus the current Delver players. Not that the matchup is actually good, but the vast majority of the U/R decks don't seem to realize that they are the beatdown and I can grind through all their cruises with an active pod, especially since remand/leak are embarrassing late game. I don't expect it to last though.

Probably going to take a break soon, last 8 matches were 5 U/R delver, one R/U burn cruise, one Dig Through Time Faeries, and one Zoo deck. I was really hopeful when I saw him crack a Heath for Stomping Grounds and play Nacatl, then turn two got a Gardens and casted a Goyf. Then, on turn 4, he fetches up a Breeding Pool and I see the highlights around his graveyard...

ban cruise soon please.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

whateverfor posted:

Probably going to take a break soon, last 8 matches were 5 U/R delver, one R/U burn cruise, one Dig Through Time Faeries, and one Zoo deck. I was really hopeful when I saw him crack a Heath for Stomping Grounds and play Nacatl, then turn two got a Gardens and casted a Goyf. Then, on turn 4, he fetches up a Breeding Pool and I see the highlights around his graveyard...

ban cruise soon please.

Treasure Zoo?! :what:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

toadee posted:

You can have force of will, but only if I can get Fireblast

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I'm developing a new legacy archetype known only as Tinker Treasure Delver Sligh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Random Standard Point: Is it just me, or is Flamespeaker Adept looking like a ridiculously good choice for 3 drop now despite no one running it? It has 3 toughness, so it can't be drowned, jetted, or sprayed, and there are a plethora of red scry effects in use now (primarily Titan's Strength and your own jets, but also loving Spite of Mogis and Bolt of Keranos which no one is running for some reason despite the lack of good removal now). Then you get scry lands. The first strike is killer since no one has first strikers right now. Any scry effect lets it safely attack into Brimaz, Courser, Stormbreath Dragon, and Wingmate Roc, and it kills Rhinos with a single Magma Jet. Seriously, I could see a deck that is basically:

4 x Monastery Swiftspear
4 x Seeker of the Way
4 x Sigiled Skink
4 x Flamespeaker Adept

4 x Magma Jet
2 x Bolt of Keranos
4 x Titan's Strength
2 x God's Willing
2 x Spite of Mogis
4 x Chained to the Rocks
4 x Lightning Strike
1 x Fated Conflagration

4 x Temple of Triumph
4 x Mana Confluence
4 x Battlefield Forge
9 x Mountain

And you get more good White cards for your sideboard against larger or more controlling decks.

Edit: After thinking for a bit, you could probably loving splash Shivan Reefs and Temples of Epiphany for Treasure Cruise (over Dig Through Time), a couple Aqueous Form, and some of the better Jeskai cards. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 31, 2014

• Locked thread