Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Two pisscasts in one night. This is the best loving day of my pathetic miserable life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

work is going to suck slightly less hooray

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

...brings you PPV talk, gently caress the ghost, Raw talk...

YOU DID IT?!

Luigi Thirty posted:

"It would be better for you to find God than associate yourself with the loving Insane Clown Posse" --Jim Cornette

Cornette is a dick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
ICP may be decent as wrestling promoters, but that's a LOW bar. And at best, they're lazy and disingenuous as musicians; at worst, they're actively stupid and hateful.

Don't let your kids grow up to be juggalos.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
dave on Prince Puma vs. Johnny Mundo: "by far the best match i've seen on american television in some time"

guy sure has wacky taste

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Simon Dean's Art of Wrestling was really good. Lots of insight in the psychology of WWE Developmental.

Flair on Austin's Podcast was nothing much but Ric sounded in a good place morale wise.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

dave on Prince Puma vs. Johnny Mundo: "by far the best match i've seen on american television in some time"

guy sure has wacky taste

this is absurd

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

New OSW Review about Hell in the Cell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VworR7XOvo

I can't take them seriously anymore because they hated the superplex spot in the Ziggler Cesaro match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oatgan posted:

this is absurd

Doesn't Dave refuse to watch PWG for some weird reason?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jim Cornette talks poo poo on Ian Rotten in his latest podcast. Oh and Adam Pearce is on for some reason.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

NienNunb posted:

Not on television.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Daniel Bryan posted:

Not on television.

yeah, he's so swamped with stuff that he really can't be bothered to keep up with indies that are only released on DVD

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
he doesn't even keep up with japanese and mexican tv now, just ippvs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Spermgod posted:

he doesn't even keep up with japanese and mexican tv now, just ippvs

He watched the Friday Arena Mexico shows all summer, not sure if he still is.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Spikeguy posted:

New OSW Review about Hell in the Cell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VworR7XOvo

I can't take them seriously anymore because they hated the superplex spot in the Ziggler Cesaro match.

In all fairness, they didn't like that the move took too long to do and you see too much of Ziggler helping Cesaro with the move, but you kind of just have to accept the end result even if you don't like how they got there. The move got over with the crowd, that's all that matters.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

MassRafTer posted:

He watched the Friday Arena Mexico shows all summer, not sure if he still is.

huh my bad. i found it funny he apparently doesnt know how easy it is to find the new japan samurai tv shows online.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I was distracted during the setup of that spot so I didn't notice it taking too long, but I understand stuff like that being annoying.

I remember seeing that gif of I think Frightmare or somebody getting launched up by Cesaro and him gripping the ceiling before coming back down with a hurricanrana. Looks insane and crowd goes nuts. Eventually saw full clip, setup looks really bad and really takes a whole lot away from the spot.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

huh my bad. i found it funny he apparently doesnt know how easy it is to find the new japan samurai tv shows online.

He keeps track. He rated the 6 man from Korakuen in the new issue. I also have to give him credit for figuring out how to use Nico despite his Luddite tendencies. This is the same guy who didn't know you could check Paddy Power odds in the US so
I figured an a nonintuitive foreign language website would totally stymie him.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

HulkaMatt posted:

I was distracted during the setup of that spot so I didn't notice it taking too long, but I understand stuff like that being annoying.

I remember seeing that gif of I think Frightmare or somebody getting launched up by Cesaro and him gripping the ceiling before coming back down with a hurricanrana. Looks insane and crowd goes nuts. Eventually saw full clip, setup looks really bad and really takes a whole lot away from the spot.

Thing is the spot is made to look like it's Ziggler struggling to keep Cesaro in the hold and Cesaro plexing his way out of it. On paper it's totally fine, it just takes a little too long to do and they have to do a lot of shuffling around to get it right. I've seen way more egregious setups though so I'm not going to complain about it. It was the highlight of the match, and that's all people will remember.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dave livetweeting CMLL bodybuilding during those friday streams was rad

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
if the one complaint you have about a dolph ziggler match is that they milked something too much then theyre doing something right

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Do I want to dare listen to the JR WOR that just went up?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

WWE Network has the steak but not the sizzle.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRafTer posted:

There's a bit of a closed fist rant, and a bit of a fast food detour, and a bit of nonsense about how young people today are ~so entitled~, but overall it was pretty decent. His main point is that neither the network nor business overall are going to get better until creative improves and they make new stars.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

a bit of nonsense about how young people today are ~so entitled~.

I was kind of impressed how he worked that in out of nowhere. Sounding old is a skill, and JR has it in spades.

But yeah, it's a pretty decent listen.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

JR has said young wrestlers are entitled for at least the last 8 years. I remember him talking at a Hall of Fame and he spends a couple minutes talking about how young wrestlers are lazy compared to past wrestlers and you got to make your shot, that no one is gonna give you anything and a lot of the wrestlers in the crowd are guys who were over with the audience but never got the strong push to see if they could be the main-event. What I'm saying here is JR seems to blame the wrestlers for not being huge stars when the culture seems to actively hamstring people and everything changes at the whims of a 70 year old man so its amazing anyone is even as popular as they are.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Time stamp for when his rants end? Life is too short for that poo poo.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

oldpainless posted:

JR has said young wrestlers are entitled for at least the last 8 years. I remember him talking at a Hall of Fame and he spends a couple minutes talking about how young wrestlers are lazy compared to past wrestlers and you got to make your shot, that no one is gonna give you anything and a lot of the wrestlers in the crowd are guys who were over with the audience but never got the strong push to see if they could be the main-event. What I'm saying here is JR seems to blame the wrestlers for not being huge stars when the culture seems to actively hamstring people and everything changes at the whims of a 70 year old man so its amazing anyone is even as popular as they are.

He was talking about young people in general, about how their "entitlement" to instant gratification means a la carte/on demand is probably the future of entertainment as a whole. As far as wrestling goes, he reserved most of his ire for the people in charge rather than the talent. Maybe distance and time is giving him perspective, or maybe he's just feeling less curmudgeonly today

EDIT: I agree with everything you said here though, blaming workers for the failures of management is stupid and unfair

ICHIBAHN posted:

Time stamp for when his rants end? Life is too short for that poo poo.

They're interspersed throughout, sorry. On the upside they're neither too long nor too objectionable, unlike his podcast which I find intolerable

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 30, 2014

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cheers

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NienNunb posted:

I thought he watched but doesn't really discuss it because he can't watch until way after the fact

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"Bryan's teaching karate class. He's drawing some amazing houses up there in Woodinville and he's the king of Washington. The last thing that little rascal needs is more money."

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Worth listening for Dave's toothpaste line [I'm skipping through JR].

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good Todd Martin opinions today

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gently caress me though man, that loving accent on JR. Christ.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

epitasis posted:

good Todd Martin opinions today

First Todd Martin show I listened to in literally years and I only made it 10 minutes in. That loving guy is consistently more aggravating than Bryan at his worst, Jesus H Christ

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The toothpaste line was good but I also enjoyed Dave saying "I'm a huge wrestling fan."

I didn't finish the JR podcast yet but I really enjoyed it. I can't make it through JR's podcast but I usually enjoy when he's a guest on someone else's podcast.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The last half hour is just Dave and Bryan thank gently caress.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

coconono posted:

Jim Cornette talks poo poo on Ian Rotten in his latest podcast. Oh and Adam Pearce is on for some reason.

Did Ian do jail time for paying a guy in somas and then him ODing?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

Did Ian do jail time for paying a guy in somas and then him ODing?

nah but Cornette lit him up for killing business in Louisville.

He did mention JC Bailey and paying him in painpills tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan also has an analogy that starts with the line "So there's a new Taylor Swift album out..."

• Locked thread