Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Sockington posted:

Also need to check my logs from last year as there was one naughty goon who never sent his poo poo.

PoniesAteMyBagel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
E: Oops.

Baller Witness Bro fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 30, 2014

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
AI:SS is back? HELL YES!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I hope I can meet the postcount :( I usually just lurk, since I was usually underway too much to even read SA a lot. But I guess now that I'm on shore duty I can start posting like normal people.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm listening to these news stories and thinking, haven't they always been saying that the only people at much risk for ebola in the US are doctors & nurses who are in contact with patients? And then this nurse comes back from hanging out in Ebola Central, where she was taking care of ebola patients, and complains when told that maybe she shouldn't go back to her regular hospital practice just yet? Somebody correct me if I've misunderstood the situation.

It's not even that. They keep trying to quarantine her after she's tested negative twice. I sympathize with her being a bit pissed, god knows I couldn't afford to not work for three weeks just to make someone else's paranoia happy. That said, it'd make everyone a lot more comfortable if she'd just stay home a while.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I'm half-expecting my AISS to buy me a die-cast S2000 then take a hammer to it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 219 days!)

Adiabatic posted:

I have a few ideas that are much better than that. :pervert:

kastein posted:

I tend to agree, and if every ignorant retard from maine spouting about ebola on facebook donated a single dollar to some sort of a charity fund, she could just plain stay home for a couple weeks and it wouldn't be an issue at all, aside from the whole cooped up inside for 3 weeks not being able to do anything problem.

Make her eat only foods with ANTIFREEZE ingredients. She'll still be making GBS threads her brains out, but is more likely to survive.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 30, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Liquid Communism posted:

It's not even that. They keep trying to quarantine her after she's tested negative twice. I sympathize with her being a bit pissed, god knows I couldn't afford to not work for three weeks just to make someone else's paranoia happy. That said, it'd make everyone a lot more comfortable if she'd just stay home a while.

I tend to agree, and if every ignorant retard from maine spouting about ebola on facebook donated a single dollar to some sort of a charity fund, she could just plain stay home for a couple weeks and it wouldn't be an issue at all, aside from the whole cooped up inside for 3 weeks not being able to do anything problem.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Viggen posted:

I have a few ideas that are much better than that. :pervert:

What, like an S2000 model full of mealworms?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

MrChips posted:

Stuffed inside a mattress.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

MrChips posted:

That is the single thing that made YOSPOS worthwhile. Also a glued-shut CDROM with an imbalanced disc in it.

Actually, I was thinking of a cheap wired 'remote control' car with the controller setup so you can only do reverse right and left forward. Your idea is much better.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What ever happened with that?

IDK. :shrug:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Viggen posted:

That is the single thing that made YOSPOS worthwhile.
What ever happened with that?

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
It really depends on who I get as a santee, but I have some ideas for gifts.....

I just realized that I have 3 broken General Motors vehicles, and 1 (soon to be 3, maybe 4 if you count the MR2 waiting for its radiator) non running 80's Toyota's sitting in my driveway.
And the Crown Vic, which is it's own story.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

So she's tested negative twice, she's not got a fever.... screw the more comfortable bit. Keeping her in enforced quarantine is utter BS.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The funniest YOSPOS SS was the brand new matress, haha.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

gently caress me sideways, the D&D Ebola thread is actually somehow measurably a lot worse than the GBS Ebola thread.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Isn't D&D always the biggest piece of poo poo?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Terminus Est posted:

It's a tossup between them and PI. Although PI has a particular brand of crazy that's unmatched by any other subforum.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Adiabatic posted:

I got a diecast S2000 from SlowIsFast! In my own color too :3:

Also really tempted to try and impulse buy a Mazda3 and daily that going forward but I suck at making decisions. It's like barely an increase in insurance cause of multi-car discount which surprised the hell out of me

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

keykey posted:

It's a tossup between them and PI. Although PI has a particular brand of crazy that's unmatched by any other subforum.

Oh good lord no. PI isn't great but it's quite fine compared to D&D. And then you got BSS and ADRTW, those two are just a new level of hosed up stupid. PI is nowhere near that bad.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Fart Pipe posted:

The funniest YOSPOS SS was the brand new matress, haha.

I guess I missed this one. Gotta .lnk?

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Viggen posted:

I guess I missed this one. Gotta .lnk?

Im on my phone right now but Ill see if my buddy still has the link to the video when I get back home. Its not crazy or anything, just a youtube of the recipient poking it with his finger. I think it was 2012.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Fart Pipe posted:

Im on my phone right now but Ill see if my buddy still has the link to the video when I get back home. Its not crazy or anything, just a youtube of the recipient poking it with his finger. I think it was 2012.

Dammit, though. You guys had to bring up the mealworms now. AI:SS is not that far off and I have maybe 10 dead widows (and who knows how many live) in the garage right now. :comeback:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Viggen posted:

Dammit, though. You guys had to bring up the mealworms now. AI:SS is not that far off and I have maybe 10 dead widows (and who knows how many live) in the garage right now. :comeback:

so thats how you got so many saabs :haw:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Don't make me come over there.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

cursedshitbox posted:

you are probably the last ai person i'd expect to be interested in widows.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

cursedshitbox posted:

You've already come everywhere else :v:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

oh god no pictures please we dont need csb doxx'd.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

iwentdoodie posted:

I hope I can meet the postcount :( I usually just lurk, since I was usually underway too much to even read SA a lot. But I guess now that I'm on shore duty I can start posting like normal people.

You've been around plenty long and people know you. The entry rules are just to keep people that are making the transition from GBS, FYAD, etc to AI from joining in and crapping out on us.

Adiabatic posted:

Hehehe :clint:

I hadn't even thought about AISS yet, but now I'm excited for it :)

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

The only SS I've done was when there use to be wmda.org. I sent a pretty sweet cache of stuff, but got stiffed. Looking forward to an AI:SS.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Terminus Est posted:

The Freeper thread makes up for the rest of the subforum

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

keykey posted:

The only SS I've done was when there use to be wmda.org. I sent a pretty sweet cache of stuff, but got stiffed. Looking forward to an AI:SS.

AISS is the best in all of SA. I'll probably participate in the BSSSS this year but only because I have some amazing troll gifts to send.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Ugh, was hoping to join the SS this year. I'm going to be travelling this season so all I can do is envouisly view the updates.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Ugh, was hoping to join the SS this year. I'm going to be travelling this season so all I can do is envouisly view the updates.

I bet you could do it via paypal and a fellow goon.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Viggen posted:

oh god no pictures please we dont need csb doxx'd.

If you say his name three times fast into a mirror on Halloween night...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would do AI.SS this year but I already signed up for YOSPOSSS and I can't really afford to do another :ohdearsass:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I'm down for AISS this year, haven't had enough income to participate in previous years. I could probably scare up some good joke gifts.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I'm going to fill their aiss gift full of relays, random poo poo, and maybe some kind of beer. Or something cool. I can't wait!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I'd be terrified of what kind of weird gifts I'd receive based on my post history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I'd be terrified of what kind of weird gifts I'd receive based on my post history.

Oddly enough, until two years ago I owned a prosthetic leg. You make me regret pitching it.

• Locked thread