Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I already preordered my Smash + GC adaptor + DK + Samus + Fox

I just hope like any of those amiibos will have use in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I'll definitely wait on the Amiibos until I see what the heck they actually DO. There's a neat concept in it, possibly, but concepts are one thing Nintendo is good at--execution on the other hand...

You can train your Amiibo in Smash Bros to level them up to Level 50, beyond level 9 of a regular CPU character. The character will become smarter the more you use it/train it. You can then use your Amiibo as an advanced CPU opponent in Smash Bros, or as a partner in team battles. Nintendo showed this off in 8 person smash with 4 people using 4 amiibo partners that they leveled up. Bring your Amiibo to the 3DS game and do the same poo poo with your New 3DS or that Amiibo portal thing coming out next year.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

homeless snail posted:

Every toy should do something in every Amiibo game, even if its giving Link a Mario hat in Hyrule Warriors or something stupid.

That's actually a good idea and would incentivize people to buy them. If it were up to me I'd hire you, use your idea, and immediately fire you.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I wanted the Wii Fit Trainer amiibo, but not if she is only good for one game!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wouldn't it make sense for Wii Fit Trainer to unlock something in WiiFitU?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

homeless snail posted:

Every toy should do something in every Amiibo game, even if its giving Link a Mario hat in Hyrule Warriors or something stupid.

Yea, Nintendo is going to have confused kids and angry parents if they do it the way it looks like they're going to. Like if I'm a patent looking at that I'm thinking "Alright the Mario and Link ones work on two games and the other ones have no use outside of the one game" and imo that's a terrible way to do this. Giving something cosmetic or whatever is good because at least all of the Amiibos can work with all of the Amiibo games.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wouldn't it make sense for Wii Fit Trainer to unlock something in WiiFitU?

It'd be stupid to lock things in WiiFitU.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fix posted:

Unlock Classic Wii Fit Trainer, because the new one sucks!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Fix posted:

You unlock shirts in the game by completing courses based on the steps you take :shobon:

Edit: it should unlock a super secret dating sim where you take Wii Fit Trainer-chan on a date :nyoron:

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
Just finished Wonderful 101 - thanks to everyone who advised learning to draw everything with the right stick as that paid off really well in the end. Anyone who's buying a Wii U to pick up Bayonetta 2 should make Wonderful 101 a priority. I can't wait to play through it again on higher difficulties. My only complaint is that once I realized the guy voicing Wonder blue also voices Chris Redfield in the Resident Evil games I couldn't stop focusing on that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

And Sonic the Hedgehog!!!!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
More people should join the Goon Wii Fit U gym. I saw two people's Miis instead of one today.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

They've already said that a few of the Amiibo figures will be compatible with Captain Toad, which is going to be the greatest game that there ever was, so I'm not sure why people are being so negative about it before it's even released.

Anyway they're probably targeted more at the Skylander audience, not us. If they can get any of us to buy their toys then they probably just see that as a bonus.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I would buy amiibos of my favorite Smash characters even if they did nothing at all

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

They've already said that a few of the Amiibo figures will be compatible with Captain Toad, which is going to be the greatest game that there ever was, so I'm not sure why people are being so negative about it before it's even released.

Anyway they're probably targeted more at the Skylander audience, not us. If they can get any of us to buy their toys then they probably just see that as a bonus.
Yeah, and every Skylander toy works with every Skylanders game that comes out afterwards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, and every Skylander toy works with every Skylanders game that comes out afterwards.

Not really. I mean they function but the games are specifically designed to marginalize them and encourage kids to buy the new set of toys instead. "This thing only works in games that support it, but will absolutely have features in the game that support it" is honestly less exploitative and nasty than the Skylanders style.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You unlock shirts in the game by completing courses based on the steps you take :shobon:

Edit: it should unlock a super secret dating sim where you take Wii Fit Trainer-chan on a date :nyoron:

And then she turns down your advances for being a fatty.

Wait, that's a terrible idea. Sales of XXXL gaming t-shirts would plummit!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I assume Sheik and Zelda and Ganon will work in Hyrule Warriors as well. I'm a little surprised Link and Villager doesn't work in Mario Kart with the DLC.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Pomp posted:

You should see a Priest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

greatn posted:

I assume Sheik and Zelda and Ganon will work in Hyrule Warriors as well. I'm a little surprised Link and Villager doesn't work in Mario Kart with the DLC.

They might, I mean maybe we have to wait for the DLC to come out first?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It might have an effect on Nintendo causing them to make more games featuring two or more Nintendo franchises together. Come on Nintendo. Make Smash Kart a thing.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
This is gonna be one of those situations that's like...

Users: Well Samus only works in Smash since they don't make Metroid anymore so I'm not buying her.

Nintendo: Looks like no one buys Samus, everyone must hate Metroid, let's never make another one

...isn't it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Detective No. 27 posted:

It might have an effect on Nintendo causing them to make more games featuring two or more Nintendo franchises together. Come on Nintendo. Make Smash Kart a thing.

Why would they do Smash Kart when they can keep making Mario Kart and then charging for characters people actually like?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Captain Falcon amiibo doesn't even let you play as him in Mario Kart 8. 0/10, would not buy. :mad:

(I'm still buying it)

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Light Gun Man posted:

Users: Well Samus only works in Smash since they don't make Metroid anymore so I'm not buying her.

Nintendo: Looks like no one buys Samus, everyone must hate Metroid, let's never make another one

...isn't it?

they openly stated that they're more-or-less working on a new metroid, so no

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

ImpAtom posted:

Not really. I mean they function but the games are specifically designed to marginalize them and encourage kids to buy the new set of toys instead. "This thing only works in games that support it, but will absolutely have features in the game that support it" is honestly less exploitative and nasty than the Skylanders style.
Hmm, I'd say that's only the case for the newest one where they apparently overpowered the newest figures. They still up the level cap for old figures and you get to see them in the latest updated graphics/character models. It's not like they leave them at the original state as they were first released.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The end game for the Amiibos is that as you used them across all your games and they will slowly build up stats and when they finally release NINTENDO WARS you can import your Amiibos as hero units.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A few more Amiibos were hinted at the end of one of the videos:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Light Gun Man posted:

...isn't it?

Nobody is going to buy the samus one anyways because her amiibo pose looks dumb.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nobody is going to buy the samus one anyways because her amiibo pose looks dumb.
They should partner up with Good Smile to put amiibo chips into their fancy Figma and Nendoroid stuff:
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/3444/figma+Samus+Aran.html
http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/4173/Nendoroid+Luigi.html

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Animal Crossing WiiU confirmed. Use your Tom Nook Amiibo to erect a golden shrine to Tom Nook. Pleased with this offering he will cut all future loan payments by five percent

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why couldn't the Smash Bros Samus amiibo have that sweet pose! :argh:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Look, these Amiibos and Nintendo DLCs are all pointing to a new Animal Crossing in March.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Isn't March also when they discontinue that Animal Crossing channel on WiiU? That all seems to check out.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

Look, these Amiibos and Nintendo DLCs are all pointing to a new Animal Crossing in March.

if every amiibo is just scannable to put that character in animal crossing wiiu then this would be at least one good use of them

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

greatn posted:

Isn't March also when they discontinue that Animal Crossing channel on WiiU? That all seems to check out.
Mmm, not quite. End of this year. I would believe an announcement for Wii U Animal Crossing for a January 2015 direct, but I feel like we'd have already known about it by E3 if it were coming out next March.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

They'd better let you import your New Leaf town wholesale because I am not ready to move on :argh:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Buy the 24k Tingle Amiibo for just $179.99 to pay off your house in Animal Crossing Wii U.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mr.capps posted:

The end game for the Amiibos is that as you used them across all your games and they will slowly build up stats and when they finally release NINTENDO WARS you can import your Amiibos as hero units.

But Nintendo Wars came out in 1988??

(Please do this anyway, but as COs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

codenameFANGIO posted:

They'd better let you import your New Leaf town wholesale because I am not ready to move on :argh:
Maybe you'll move up to become state governor and have to deal with a whole bunch of towns run by questionable villager mayors.

• Locked thread