Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Widestancer posted:

Hopefully they open up more land gradually and do something about the hackers I can see them doing that and hahahahahaha mrjiekdns fart

Ahahaha a truer statement has never been made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Hopefully I'm wrong for the sake of people who still have no land, but I think the time to claim land was the moment the servers came up for early access. I have a feeling that any land in Auroria is going to go extremely quickly if it's not in an area where it can be demolished by the castle owner. I don't fully understand how land even works up there, from what I can gather there's land inside a tower's area of influence that can be demolished at will by the guild that owns the tower, and then there's other land outside the AOI which is what people will be gunning for. I don't think you can even drop anything in a zone until the tower is claimed. I'm sure any land inside the AOI will be reserved for fortifications and properties for king spergs.

ruffz fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 31, 2014

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Fauxtool posted:

People say that it can happen at any growth phase, I have only ever had it happen on the last one right before mature. 25 or so thunderstrucks is not a reliable sample size but its something.

I'd have to think a bit more deeply about the statistics of this, but my gut feeling is that, if you always see the thunderstruck event occur at the same stage, 25 is a plenty big enough sample size to conclude that it will always be that way.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'd have to think a bit more deeply about the statistics of this, but my gut feeling is that, if you always see the thunderstruck event occur at the same stage, 25 is a plenty big enough sample size to conclude that it will always be that way.

One of my thunderstrucks this week came at the very first growth point, less than a couple hours after planting the Cedar. I planted it, hosed off for a while, then came back to my land and it was thunderstruck.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

ruffz posted:

Hopefully I'm wrong for the sake of people who still have no land, but I think the time to claim land was the moment the servers came up for early access. I have a feeling that any land in Auroria is going to go extremely quickly if it's not in an area where it can be demolished by the castle owner. I don't fully understand how land even works up there, from what I can gather there's land inside a tower's area of influence that can be demolished at will by the guild that owns the tower, and then there's other land outside the AOI which is what people will be gunning for. I don't think you can even drop anything in a zone until the tower is claimed. I'm sure any land inside the AOI will be reserved for fortifications and properties for king spergs.

This is almost definitely going to be the case unless something is done to alleviate the issue. I doubt there will ever be a time again when you can just stumble upon a big enough spot to put a house down, even in the most undesirable of locations. You can tell how bad the land situation is by just looking at the temp farm area and seeing how many people have to resort to using it, since you can't have any other land on any server on your account to be able to place your one crappy small farm there.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ruffz posted:

One of my thunderstrucks this week came at the very first growth point, less than a couple hours after planting the Cedar. I planted it, hosed off for a while, then came back to my land and it was thunderstruck.

i know other people have had that happen too. My main point is that I dont think its exactly random.

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004

Fauxtool posted:

i know other people have had that happen too. My main point is that I dont think its exactly random.

My theory was that it's a proc chance that occurs at a growth phase change. I got shouted down when I first suggested it, but maybe this is additional evidence?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fatman1683 posted:

My theory was that it's a proc chance that occurs at a growth phase change. I got shouted down when I first suggested it, but maybe this is additional evidence?

Just based on my small sample size, this is my own unproven harebrained theory.

There is a daily limit to amount of thunderstrucks per day. The evidence for this is that there was no major drop in the amount f thunderstrucks being found after the huge hacker farms got shut down. They only seem more common now that they arent all being grown by hackers. The hackers planted more trees than all the legal farms combined so of course they would have gotten most of the trees and choked off the supply for everyone else

Thunderstruck can occur at any time, with highest chances at later growth stages and during growth changes. Evidence is that all 25 of my trees have happened right before mature or instead of the tree turning mature right on the timer. I have heard of lower stages getting thunderstruck, but never as low as sapling. The longest growth trees have the best chance, but only because they get to roll the dice more. If you did nothing but plant hornbeams 24/7 you would probably get the same amount

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Oct 31, 2014

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Fauxtool, whats the reasoning on planting cedars for thunderstrucks?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Umbreon posted:

Fauxtool, whats the reasoning on planting cedars for thunderstrucks?

because its close to a 24hr growth time and its very easy to remember to harvest a tree at the same time tomorrow.

Pine is the best tree but its not easy to keep it from being stolen

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 31, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'll lead the guild since you guys on west are having so many issues.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

I support this.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The shadow council makes its move

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

The shadow council makes its move

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Imp zone operatives on the move. Commence Gay Agenda.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Axel Serenity posted:

Imp zone operatives on the move. Commence Gay Agenda.

im gay

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the orders have been given. let the raids begin.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

me 2

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

op success

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
the fleets have begun to move. it can't be stopped now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As vice guild leader I pledge to purge everyone but Grithok and I. Thanks in advance for all your support in my brief time out of the guild.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Eonwe posted:

As vice guild leader I pledge to purge everyone but Grithok and I. Thanks in advance for all your support in my brief time out of the guild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZKpByV5764

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

It has begun.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Ground floor for archeage goon drama the I've totally lost count of how many times its happened.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

One of SCT's ilk was re-invited to the guild, made GM and I was promptly kicked.

No good deed goes unpunished.This was probably a combination of people just talking to him and him getting revenge for my hard stance against anyone associating with BFM. He didn't bother to contact me or hear my side of course. Didn't respond to my tells either, so final vengeance is theirs I guess.

With that though, many of the remaining PVPers are discussing leaving, joining pirate faction, or forming our own guild/joining another guild. Stay tuned to this thread.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Oh for gently caress sakes goons, you're the worst.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

One of SCT's ilk was re-invited to the guild, made GM and I was promptly kicked.

No good deed goes unpunished.This was probably a combination of people just talking to him and him getting revenge for my hard stance against anyone associating with BFM. He didn't bother to contact me or hear my side of course. Didn't respond to my tells either, so final vengeance is theirs I guess.

With that though, many of the remaining PVPers are discussing leaving, joining pirate faction, or forming our own guild/joining another guild. Stay tuned to this thread.

:v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What a surprise, the drama dies down and SCTs best buddy and shitlord Taters has to bring it back up.

Who appointed friend of pedo defender?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
:allears:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My body is ready and I was betrayed.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Eonwe posted:

What a surprise, the drama dies down and SCTs best buddy and shitlord Taters has to bring it back up.

Who appointed friend of pedo defender?

You realize that SCT and Dodgy remained friendly right? And nothing actually changes, you morons are just trying to start the drama chain again for some reason.

Probably because you've reached peak fireman position and people are calling you out on your poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also the guild has a troubling history of sweeping things under the rug and appointing people who will abuse their power to force people to be quiet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Simon Numbers posted:

You realize that SCT and Dodgy remained friendly right? And nothing actually changes, you morons are just trying to start the drama chain again for some reason.

Probably because you've reached peak fireman position and people are calling you out on your poo poo.

I'm pretty sure Taters just started it again, idiot.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Simon Numbers posted:

Simon Numbers posted:

And nothing actually changes,

Simon Numbers posted:

you morons are just trying to start the drama chain again for some reason.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
Lol it's actually totally fine, guild will be dead in another 4 weeks anyway, if the last 2 days are any indication.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 31, 2014

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010
Today was a good day

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Simon Numbers posted:

Who the gently caress are you and why are you talking?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Whaaaat, a system of unyielding and inflexible reactionism based on proximity and rumors is unstable, and is causing unending goontears?

:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Eonwe posted:

Also the guild has a troubling history of sweeping things under the rug and appointing people who will abuse their power to force people to be quiet.

:tinfoil:

Goonswarm is a CIA front

Obama brought ebola to America.

Chemtrails.

Kimsemus isn't a j4g shitlord.

• Locked thread