Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

I honestly don't even know what is going on at this point. I'd like to think its not further drama over the BFM poo poo since I was hoping that had finally been sorted out but I'm not familiar with Taters role in that. If it isn't though, then people are getting seriously hostile over loving fish. Goon Squad gets billed as a chill group that isn't super spergy then people go on and have violently heated arguments over the most petty stuff. Either way this is some of the dumbest crap I've seen in awhile.
Group of goons having fun doing something in game. Other goons come along and poo poo all over it. It really is this simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

What games have you ever played where this is true

FF14 guilds are pretty low drama

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really wish you dumb fuckers had started doing dumb stuff an hour early because then the imp zone thread wouldn't be closed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

What games have you ever played where this is true

I actually haven't played with any goons in an MMO before. I just remember when I read the OP it sounded like a fun game where goons had a strong presence but also dicked around with fun shenanigans and piracy. And sometimes that is true, but the rest of the time its the most idiotic drama I've ever seen.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

I really wish you dumb fuckers had started doing dumb stuff an hour early because then the imp zone thread wouldn't be closed.

It's not like we can't just make a new one or reopen it.

Also "Looks like Widestancer now has the OP :/" is making me giggle. I've tried to update OP and do well.

InternetJunky posted:

Group of goons having fun doing something in game. Other goons come along and poo poo all over it. It really is this simple.

It's a loving PVP game.

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Well, I would probably give some consideration to the many people that say Sct's explanation of events mirrors their own*, and take his numerous apologies into consideration within that framework. Or not, but if you don't then it might still be a good example not to call everyone who does a child rapist.

*this explanation being that sct heard everything about BFM in a joking context and that the reality was explained to him as being blown out of context and not anything close to the horrific crime that we now understand occurred.

Holy loving poo poo are you really going back to the "well it was all jokes" thing even though that's A: retarded and B: been blown out of the water?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have co-started a guild with a group of friends called the Rude Dudes. Its gonna be fun. If you are cool and hate pedophiles I might even let you join.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

Holy loving poo poo are you really going back to the "well it was all jokes" thing even though that's A: retarded and B: been blown out of the water?

I am explaining my experience as an Alpha goon and Goon Squad from day 1 of the headstart. I don't really care if you believe me or not?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Internet Kraken posted:

I honestly don't even know what is going on at this point. I'd like to think its not further drama over the BFM poo poo since I was hoping that had finally been sorted out but I'm not familiar with Taters role in that. If it isn't though, then people are getting seriously hostile over loving fish. Goon Squad gets billed as a chill group that isn't super spergy then people go on and have violently heated arguments over the most petty stuff. Either way this is some of the dumbest crap I've seen in awhile.

you missed the part where a goon had a kuuenbu-style meltdown in the mumble channel

over fishing

in a video game

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
The quality of playing Games with Goons has really gone down hill over the years. I realize sounds like something a huge nerd, and a total dork, would say (and you would be correct) but I used to play some stuff, like Ultima Online free-shards with goons, even before I registered an account, and everyone was really carefree, funny, easy to talk to, and would always be having a good time. I feel like some time around when Eve came out a bunch of people joined for that sort of stuff, and now we have those kinds of people everywhere. The experience I've had more recently is entirely goons not doing anything fun, being way too high-strung, and armchair video game commanders power tripping and trying to manipulate common goons into funneling them money.

Basically, I'm real disappointed in ya'll. Can't have a good time anymore around these parts

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

I am explaining my experience as an Alpha goon and Goon Squad from day 1 of the headstart. I don't really care if you believe me or not?

No one has to believe you because SCT admitted in his own apology literally that he was "trying to sweep it under the rug" and stated that "it didn't even happen in America". You do remember that, right?

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Carol Pizzamom posted:

The quality of playing Games with Goons has really gone down hill over the years. I realize sounds like something a huge nerd, and a total dork, would say (and you would be correct) but I used to play some stuff, like Ultima Online free-shards with goons, even before I registered an account, and everyone was really carefree, funny, easy to talk to, and would always be having a good time. I feel like some time around when Eve came out a bunch of people joined for that sort of stuff, and now we have those kinds of people everywhere. The experience I've had more recently is entirely goons not doing anything fun, being way too high-strung, and armchair video game commanders power tripping and trying to manipulate common goons into funneling them money.

Basically, I'm real disappointed in ya'll. Can't have a good time anymore around these parts

:ssh: there are plenty of people like this in other goon guilds besides Goon Squad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for getting the imp zone thread reopened guys. Good stuff.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Carol Pizzamom posted:

its almost as if :10bux: doesnt distinguish anyone from the average pubbie. makes u think

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

its almost as if :10bux: doesnt distinguish anyone from the average pubbie. makes u think

whoa, man.. :tbear:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Eonwe posted:

I have co-started a guild with a group of friends called the Rude Dudes. Its gonna be fun. If you are cool and hate pedophiles I might even let you join.

This is a good start, but someone should just roll something as close to <Goon Squad> as possible and splinter their feet out from under them. Any goon officer that pulled the AA level of stupid bitch drama, much less built a guild mission statement on farming and pubbie relations, would be demoted and publicly mocked forever in any other goon guild. That's basically every officer shown so far in the AA Goon Squad. Let them have their shitlord pubbie guild to themselves. Also they're literally stealing from goons under a vague promise of "we'll make you all armor!!" which you drat well know will just be used to make them and their best pedo buds the shiniest armor video game money can buy.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

No they haven't. Literally every game but EVE and AA has chill as hell goon guilds. GW2 and WoW have rock-solid juggernaut communities and anybody that makes this kind of idiot drama is either gkicked or laughed at until they gquit. You guys just need a Stable Normal People splinter much like this thread.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

:ssh: there are plenty of people like this in other goon guilds besides Goon Squad

are you for real

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Thunderbro posted:

This is a good start, but someone should just roll something as close to <Goon Squad> as possible and splinter their feet out from under them. Any goon officer that pulled the AA level of stupid bitch drama, much less built a guild mission statement on farming and pubbie relations, would be demoted and publicly mocked forever in any other goon guild. That's basically every officer shown so far in the AA Goon Squad. Let them have their shitlord pubbie guild to themselves. Also they're literally stealing from goons under a vague promise of "we'll make you all armor!!" which you drat well know will just be used to make them and their best pedo buds the shiniest armor video game money can buy.

No they haven't. Literally every game but EVE and AA has chill as hell goon guilds. GW2 and WoW have rock-solid juggernaut communities and anybody that makes this kind of idiot drama is either gkicked or laughed at until they gquit. You guys just need a Stable Normal People splinter much like this thread.

I'm mostly into sandbox mmos if I play an mmo (which is very rarely), but I quit ArcheAge a couple weeks back, so I'm just rambling. For what it's worth the people I played UO freeshards with recently were still pretty cool.

Anyways, God Bless

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Widestancer posted:

No one has to believe you because SCT admitted in his own apology literally that he was "trying to sweep it under the rug" and stated that "it didn't even happen in America". You do remember that, right?

Yeah, he was referring to his understood narrative, which is what BFM told him happened: that someone lied to him about their age before having sex.

We now understand that what really happened is BFM is a sociopath who mentally abused and raped a girl, and Sct's words (which were already bad, I'm not denying that), look absolutely reprehensible in hindsight.

You can believe any narrative you like, I'd prefer you talked about it with some maturity, but more than anything it's pretty :psyduck: for me to be called a "PC SJW oval office" everywhere else on the internet then come here and be called a pedophile.

GlazedMcGuffin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 31, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Eve taints you to like jabber and have bad opinions.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

GlazedMcGuffin posted:

Yeah, he was referring to his understood narrative, which is what BFM told him happened: that someone lied to him about their age before having sex.

We now understand that what really happened is BFM is a sociopath who mentally abused and raped a girl, and Sct's words (which were already bad, I'm not denying that), look absolutely reprehensible in hindsight.

You can believe any narrative you like, I'd prefer you talked about it with some maturity, but more than anything it's pretty :psyduck: for me to be called a "PC SJW oval office" everywhere else on the internet then come here and be called a pedophile.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Goon Squad should just be renamed to :regd08:

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

apseudonym posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

apseudonym posted:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

apseudonym posted:

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

you missed the part where a goon had a kuuenbu-style meltdown in the mumble channel

over fishing

in a video game

no but u see

i lost 50g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

apseudonym posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

apseudonym posted:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

over fishing

in a video game

Who was that, Gicer or DirtyFalcon?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Charles Bukowski posted:

some dude name Comrade. was loving screaming into his mic like a tiny child having a temper tantrum

shameful

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

some dude name Comrade. was loving screaming into his mic like a tiny child having a temper tantrum

shameful

Why didn't you record it for my new :regd08: OP

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

apseudonym posted:

Why didn't you record it for my new :regd08: OP

I like the cut of your jib.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

lol, why would I melt down...I don't fish.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Carol Pizzamom posted:

You should really come to the naked run on Saturday night. It may only be a few people, but at least it is solely aimed at having fun in a video game.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I always have fun playing with people from Imp Zone. We still have Quake 3 and UT2k4 servers up too which tickles my gaming nostalgia.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Bait and Swatch posted:

You should really come to the naked run on Saturday night. It may only be a few people, but at least it is solely aimed at having fun in a video game.

I messaged a buncha people before I quit if they would be interested in using the fact that you can plant thing sin public to plant funny things in public spots, words, pictures, whatever

I'd even spend the last of my 60 or however gold on it. No one really was up for it though. Everyone wanted to grind or fish or do something like that

Think of the possibilities though, you can get flowers in a variety of colors for pretty cheap

I managed to write 'IM GAY' in roses, once, but some jerk uprooted it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I asked Tatters to explain himself in guild chat rather than quietly ignoring all this and he responds by kicking me and several others from the guild.

Great job destroying your own guild goons. This game could of been fun :thumbsup:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I asked Tatters to explain himself in guild chat rather than quietly ignoring all this and he responds by kicking me and several others from the guild.

Great job destroying your own guild goons. This game could of been fun :thumbsup:

yup, I was just kicked too for laughing when I was "warned" to "cut the poo poo"

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Logged in. Saw Turtledad and Vekraken kicked, followed by "If you bring up past poo poo you will be kicked" in all caps. Promptly left guild. :allears:

I told Kimsemus to make <Goon Squall> but I'd be happy to join any offshoot even if it has a lesser name.

Choibai
Jan 10, 2009
So the main goon guild now has pedo apologists for its leadership again?

Can we just remove goonsquad from the OP and form a new guild with normal loving people already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Once the dust settles I will manage the OP faithfully as I have. You have my word on this as a fellow gamer :911:

• Locked thread