Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pistoph
Jul 4, 2014

A guy I went to high school with is a constant source of social justice posts, sometimes insightful, often good old slacktivism. He just posted about the real problem with that catcalling video: they edited out the white guys.

The best part? Dude didn't watch the video he posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Sure does take a lot of courage to shoot a single skittish herbivore once a year to 'provide'. I wonder how many burgers and chicken nuggets this guy ate in the past 12 months. :rolleyes:

I don't have an issue with hunting but this is hilarious.

That is clearly not a package of wild game in that image. What the gently caress is this even supposed to be saying? We don't stock our grocery stores via hunting, and haven't for longer than anyone around has been alive. Farmers, ranchers, and butchers provide our meat, not hunters.

Also the idea that there is a significant number of subsistence hunters is about as insane as trying to make the case that "Never-Nudes" are actually a thing. Less than 6% of Americans hunt regularly and I cannot find any reliable source on the number of Americans that actually hunt to survive. On top of that Firearm hunting for subsistence is goddamned stupid. You might go out and hunt a large game a couple times a year when they're in season, but the majority of the time you're going to be baiting, trapping, and foraging which are more reliable, less expensive, and don't require as much effort.

The only people I've ever met who tried to claim they "subsistence hunted" were Freemen wannabes who decided to run off into the West Virginian wilderness and nearly died by eating nothing but rabbits and wild mushrooms.

This is a literal child whining "But I have to live this way and you're not letting me you're a hypocrite!!!!!!"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Goosed it. posted:

Hey, I know this is something awful, but I hope you feel like an asshat for this being your initial reaction to allegations of sexual abuse. It's because of reactions like yours that more women don't report sexual assault.

Yeah, my bad on that. The initial articles I had read about it really painted the picture that she was an angry ex, who used the stigma of BDSM to ruin his career. They didn't even mention that there was abuse in the relationship (outside of what you could consider "normal" for that kind of sex life), but I guess that's what I get for believing the news about allegations of abuse against men.

So apologies to her, dude is a loving shitbag and I hope they crucify him.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Not sure how I'm supposed to react to this one.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=723801094341297

Just a nice video of a little girl dancing non-sexually without showing any skin other than arms and legs, a few "Wow!" "How's she do that" comments and then ... :stare:

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

The Sin of Onan posted:

Responding will be a vicious attack that will feed their persecution complex, so... the only winning move is not to react.
E: unless it's to unfriend.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

The Sin of Onan posted:

"I'm telling you all about it so you all know how ethically superior I'm trying to sound."

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

The Sin of Onan posted:

Reply with this image:

Or anything from the Heterosexuals Inspiring Pride page on Facebook, really.

I don't care if you only attend KKK meetings for the delicious sandwiches, when you willingly associate with bigots don't get whiny when people associate you with bigots.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Why are some words highlighted in red, is there a hidden message?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
If your reading this, murder you're famil

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Justin Case is mid 20's and still living with her mom.

:allears:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

This is like if Michael Ramirez made stupid Facebook forwards instead of political cartoons.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

The Sin of Onan posted:

"Why don't living people need coffins? Why don't fish need snorkels?

For the same reason you don't get the lightning bolt or blue shell when you're in first in Mario Kart"

Credit to the goons that originally came up with it

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

We need to set up a Paypal donation link and see how much money we can make before being shut down. Something like:

"Donate $5 to pyfgoons@gmail.com and BIG MONEY will come you're way TONIGHT!"

And people will be all "well i guess ill do it just in case lol ;O!!!!!"

There's got to be a way to monetize their stupidity.

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
A Swedish channel basically did that show, they went to some of the worst trolls in Sweden and asked them why they said what they did etc. All the trolls had both their face and voice distorted, so they were completely anonymous. But without a single exception, they where just as pathetic as you could imagine. And even though they say the vilest things, they sure didn't like being confronted by someone else. They journalist confronting them had a kind of Chris Hansen-esque way of talking, which made it so awesome to watch.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Sjonkel posted:

A Swedish channel basically did that show, they went to some of the worst trolls in Sweden and asked them why they said what they did etc. All the trolls had both their face and voice distorted, so they were completely anonymous. But without a single exception, they where just as pathetic as you could imagine. And even though they say the vilest things, they sure didn't like being confronted by someone else. They journalist confronting them had a kind of Chris Hansen-esque way of talking, which made it so awesome to watch.

We need this in America. But for everything, not just internet trolls.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

gradenko_2000 posted:

On a topic about national rankings for gender quality

quote:

When women do work, they choose to earn 32% less than men.

This hurts my brain. Who the gently caress chooses to earn less money?

RFC2324 posted:

This was a very enlightening article.

About the Philippines.

Even if it is the Philippines.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Bored posted:

Even if it is the Philippines.

It's a conspiracy by Big SJW to force men to be the breadwinners by intentionally earning less money, and thus cutting into men's time for video games.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Bored posted:

"Give me the money or I shoot" is technically a choice.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

The Sin of Onan posted:

I don't know which goon originally posted this, but it never fails to shut them up:

??? posted:

Good on you for being proud!
It can be such a struggle growing up straight.

When did you first realize you were straight?

How long did it take you to realize you weren’t gay like everyone else?

What lengths did you go to in order to hide the fact you were straight from everyone else?

How many dates with someone of the same gender did you go on because you didn’t want people talking about how you never went out with another guy/girl?

Were you worried about telling your parents that you liked people of the opposite sex?

Did you ever overhear your dad talking with friends and saying how any kid of his that was straight he’d kick to the curb?

Did you have a straight friend who wound up homeless after he told his parents that he liked girls?

Or was he just beaten at school and called a pussy-lover or boob-chaser or fish-packer?

Did you ever try to Pray Away the Straight? Get sent to Straight Camp to try and fix your feelings for the opposite sex?

Did you ever have to sit and listen to political and religious leaders on TV talking about how you, yes you specifically, for liking the opposite sex, where not only doomed to hell and eternal hellfire, but were also solely responsible for the destruction of America, the modern world, marriage, and any natural disaster that occurred?

Who was your favorite straight character on TV? I mean, they probably weren’t -written- as straight, but who did you watch and feel that, even though they’d been written hooking up with someone of the same gender, they just had this.. air about them, this connection with an opposite-sexed costar that just… Well, they -had- to be straight. And it made you feel less alone to imagine that they were. That they could be like you. And thus, you could be like them.

Did you ever promise God that you’d do anything you’d want him to if He’d just let you fall in love/lust with someone of the same gender, so you didn’t have to be so different?

What’s your most notable scar? The one you got from your dad’s punch when he found out you were straight? The one you got from some random kids who jumped you and your boy/girlfriend as you were sneaking out of a straightbar one night? The ones you gave yourself after you found ‘Straightmo’ spraypainted over your locker and none of the teachers did anything about it?

Are you lucky enough to live somewhere you can be openly straight and walk hand in hand with your boy/girlfriend? Or do you have to pretend that you’re just roommates and put up pictures of someone of the same sex whenever your parents come to visit so they think you’re in a proper relationship?

I know it can be hard answering these questions, but that’s what Straight Pride is all about. Taking all the hurt and abuse and terror of the world, and forging it into a kind of strength. Remember, we’re right there with you. There’s nothing wrong with being straight. In fact, it’s something to be proud of.

And maybe someday, your opposite-sex relationship will be as natural and accepted as same-sex ones.

Probably not in your lifetime, admittedly, but someday…

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

A guy I used to work with is really upset about Tim Cook.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

:stare:

No one thinks about gay sex more than homophobes it seems.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
He mad.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Crain posted:

Irrational fears can do that to people. I know an arachnophobe who will just not shut up about how horrible and scary spiders are if you even mention them in passing.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Crain posted:

Feels sort of cliche to link [comedian saying thing] here but the poker game scene from Louie does sum this up perfectly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-55wC5dEnc

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Crain posted:

Come read the Freep thread in DnD. They talk about butt sex more than Brazzers.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Idiots on Social Media: HE POKE YOU IN THE BUNG HOLE EVERY TIME YOU BUY A MAC

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Crain posted:

My favourite example of this has got to be anti-gay activist Paul Cameron. Jesus Christ.

Paul Cameron, during an interview with Rolling Stone posted:

Marital sex tends toward the boring end. Generally, it doesn't deliver the kind of sheer sexual pleasure that homosexual sex does. If you isolate sexuality as something solely for one's own personal amusement, if all you want is the most satisfying orgasm you can get, then homosexuality seems too powerful to resist.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Don Gato posted:

Idiots on Social Media: HE POKE YOU IN THE BUNG HOLE EVERY TIME YOU BUY A MAC

If I wasn't afraid of still needing the current thread title I'd vote for this

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Don Gato posted:

HE POKE YOU IN THE BUNG HOLE EVERY TIME YOU BUY A MAC

I could get behind this, if only because it would probably cut down on the number of macs out there.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Wizard of Smart posted:

If I wasn't afraid of still needing the current thread title I'd vote for this

Irrational fears can do that to people.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

RFC2324 posted:

I could get behind this, if only because it would probably cut down on dramatically increase the number of macs out there.

Corrected your typo.

I might finally buy MacBook... :allears:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Celery Face posted:

My favourite example of this has got to be anti-gay activist Paul Cameron. Jesus Christ.

Not kidding at all, without context I would think that quote is some kind of gay supremacist or something making a sales pitch.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Crain posted:

That is clearly not a package of wild game in that image. What the gently caress is this even supposed to be saying? We don't stock our grocery stores via hunting, and haven't for longer than anyone around has been alive. Farmers, ranchers, and butchers provide our meat, not hunters.

Also the idea that there is a significant number of subsistence hunters is about as insane as trying to make the case that "Never-Nudes" are actually a thing. Less than 6% of Americans hunt regularly and I cannot find any reliable source on the number of Americans that actually hunt to survive. On top of that Firearm hunting for subsistence is goddamned stupid. You might go out and hunt a large game a couple times a year when they're in season, but the majority of the time you're going to be baiting, trapping, and foraging which are more reliable, less expensive, and don't require as much effort.

The only people I've ever met who tried to claim they "subsistence hunted" were Freemen wannabes who decided to run off into the West Virginian wilderness and nearly died by eating nothing but rabbits and wild mushrooms.

This is a literal child whining "But I have to live this way and you're not letting me you're a hypocrite!!!!!!"

The image is pretty clearly just saying "Hey, don't judge me for killing animals for meat if you're eating meat yourself. You're just letting a middle man doing the killing for you." You're overthinking it pretty badly.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Don't forget about Martin Ssempa, the funniest homophobe on the planet (were it not for the fact that he gained traction in Uganda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17C_9TXgAms

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Don't forget about Martin Ssempa, the funniest homophobe on the planet (were it not for the fact that he gained traction in Uganda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17C_9TXgAms
Then there's also Jerry Boykin giving a description of Jesus that almost sounds like it's from an erotic novel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPq6j6NEbk

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I'm gay and I think less about gay sex than straight people who hate gay sex do apparently.

But honestly, is there some definition for that psychological phenomena? Where people who hate or are opposed to something obsess more heavily over it than the people who actually identify with it?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Aperture Priority posted:

Corrected your typo.

I might finally buy MacBook... :allears:

I'm not saying no one would buy a MBP as a result, I'm saying that a huge amount amount of people who do now would start buying Dell.

Think business men who buy Apple products because of the image, it would change the image to 'dude who like getting hosed by another dude'

That won't fly, unless it is one of the rare individuals who fakes being gay to get clients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Tracula posted:

But honestly, is there some definition for that psychological phenomena? Where people who hate or are opposed to something obsess more heavily over it than the people who actually identify with it?

CAD fan.

• Locked thread