Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well the new series started with a convoluted time travel arc and...NO WAIT COME BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthOrange posted:

Well the new series started with a convoluted time travel arc and...NO WAIT COME BACK

But let's not talk about Thor.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

SynthOrange posted:

Technically since it sells so terribly that's not even the last series!

But LordPants Captain Marvel is alright, just a mediocre book. It starts off interesting but quickly degrades with editorial mandates and crossovers and that. It's as close as the character has got to a great run.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Technically since it sells so terribly that's not even the last series!

Yeah the new series starts with a convoluted space diplomacy arc. It's not a good book.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

LordPants posted:

How's Captain Marvel been? Is it worth picking up regularly?

If you have read and enjoyed the previous Captain Marvel stuff that DeConnick has done, you'll enjoy it. I am!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really didn't care for the new issue of GotG. It feels like Bendis didn't even read anything that he's writing the follow up to at all.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I really didn't care for the new issue of GotG. It feels like Bendis didn't even read anything that he's writing the follow up to at all.

Yeah what confused me about this issue was if they can't die in the cancerverse why couldn't Nova just kill himself and come back with both arms. Seems like mid-issue they forgot the rules of their own story.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

LordPants posted:

How's Captain Marvel been? Is it worth picking up regularly?

The last arc was pretty great. I didn't really think the kickoff for the new series was particularly good. But, it wasn't bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Elucidarius posted:

Yeah what confused me about this issue was if they can't die in the cancerverse why couldn't Nova just kill himself and come back with both arms. Seems like mid-issue they forgot the rules of their own story.

Typical Bendis.

I'm mostly annoyed with it because roughly two hours before that fight Richie risked everything to save Namorita (returned to life via the Fault) because she was his one true love.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Elucidarius posted:

Except they went over that they don't actually know what happens if you get dismembered last issue.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Web Jew.0 posted:

1. Avengers 1-34 / New Avengers 1 - 23 / Infinity, Original Sin, contemporary Marvel books
2. Time Jump (other Marvel books from October to May 2015, including Axis)
3. Avengers 35- / New Avengers 24-
4. Secret Wars (May 2015)

Excellent that helps pretty much everything I was wondering, except why did Steve Rodgers get visually older? I mean, yes I understand its to move Falcon into the role, I just mean the cause.

Oh I did see the Cap and Deadpool Death of Wolverine tie in, what was the general verdict on the main event?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

gfanikf posted:

Excellent that helps pretty much everything I was wondering, except why did Steve Rodgers get visually older? I mean, yes I understand its to move Falcon into the role, I just mean the cause.

He got de-serumed.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

PantsOptional posted:

He got de-serumed.

Or so he says. I think Cap can just turn it on and off and feels like another "I'm an old man not a super solider" vacation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SirDan3k posted:

Or so he says. I think Cap can just turn it on and off and feels like another "I'm an old man not a super solider" vacation.

He wants AARP benefits

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay so Original Sin's been collected and...

Wow $50?. Are collections usually that pricey?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

SynthOrange posted:

Marvel basically has the most pricey trades and floppies on the market, in comparison to DC and even other publishers, so it's not surprising.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Cool thanks for the advice guys in regards to Captain Marvel.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

SynthOrange posted:

Are you talking about the hardcover which was just released this week? If so, it collects the main series (9 issues), and the Original Sins tie-in anthology series (5 issues).

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just the digital one actually.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Digital collections are always pricey outside of sales because they price them the exact same as the physical editions to not anger retail stores/pricing competition/whatever excuse companies use for misusing digital pricing.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Is the current Iron Fist book any good? I'm still looking for new stuff to try out and that looks like it started relatively recently.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waterhaul posted:

Digital collections are always pricey outside of sales because they price them the exact same as the physical editions to not anger retail stores/pricing competition/whatever excuse companies use for misusing digital pricing.

It's why you just buy the digital code off someone on ebay who only wants the physical edition.

radlum
May 13, 2013
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56721

For a minute I thought they were erasing the whole Mephisto thing...then I saw the Summer 2015 thing from all these teasers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

irlZaphod posted:

Are you talking about the hardcover which was just released this week? If so, it collects the main series (9 issues), and the Original Sins tie-in anthology series (5 issues).

Isn't the HC $75?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

radlum posted:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=56721

For a minute I thought they were erasing the whole Mephisto thing...then I saw the Summer 2015 thing from all these teasers.

You never know, maybe they're actually undoing it and it's actually unrelated to SW3, since this is the first teaser that's not revisiting the old stuff. It could happen, right? :gbsmith:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dunbar posted:

Is the current Iron Fist book any good? I'm still looking for new stuff to try out and that looks like it started relatively recently.

I'm enjoying it. It is nothing like the Fraction Iron Fist stuff that came out if you were looking for something like that though.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It is a great book if you give absolutely no poo poo about Iron Fist before, because it is a complete left turn in regards to the actual character of Danny Rand.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senor Candle posted:

I'm enjoying it. It is nothing like the Fraction Iron Fist stuff that came out if you were looking for something like that though.

:( This makes me sad. Characters like Captain America or Batman, you can chop and change their context because they've been around so long that there's a core there. B-list characters need to at least have a long term core established, otherwise every new launch 'reinvents' them until we get into a Hawkman situation where there's basically 90 different contradictory versions. It's why it's a good sign that Lemire and Perez are apparently aiming for a similar slice-of-life tone to Fraction and Aja with their new Hawkeye book, rather than veering off in a totally different vein.

Yvonmukluk posted:

You never know, maybe they're actually undoing it and it's actually unrelated to SW3, since this is the first teaser that's not revisiting the old stuff. It could happen, right? :gbsmith:

They... they also did an Ultimate Universe: The End one, which is not based on anything previously done. Unless you count the The End books as the revisited thing. And that promo is clearly referencing both One More Day and the wedding issue. (And maybe the clone saga, although the kid looking like MJ is a JMS thing, isn't it?)

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Mr. Maltose posted:

It is a great book if you give absolutely no poo poo about Iron Fist before, because it is a complete left turn in regards to the actual character of Danny Rand.
I'm new to reading comics, so I know zero about any of it. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
After you read it you should probably pick up the Fraction/Brubaker Iron Fist, which is pretty much the definitive run and way better than the current book.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

"Don't change anything or I'll abandon you" the millstone whispers.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Slow week next week but,
:siren::siren::siren:HICKMAN FF OMNI VOL 2:siren::siren::siren:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Isn't the HC $75?
Yes but I figured it would be discounted online or something.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

irlZaphod posted:

Yes but I figured it would be discounted online or something.

These guys http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/original-sin-hc.html have it for $37.50 and Amazon has it for even less but is still a pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/Original-Sin-Marvel-Comics/dp/0785190694/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414709060&sr=8-1&keywords=original+sin

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Edit: Haha nevermind

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 30, 2014

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I...don't want to buy the Original Sin HC. I was trying to find out if someone earlier in the thread was talking about it when they were asking why the "Original Sin collection" was $50.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Waterhaul posted:

Comics in my country are pricier because stores price them at a fixed conversion rate of 50 pesos to 1 dollar. Actual conversion is 43:1, so I'm pretty happy with all-digital.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Senor Candle posted:

Slow week next week but,
:siren::siren::siren:HICKMAN FF OMNI VOL 2:siren::siren::siren:

Put in my amazon order a few days ago. Can't wait. Also grabbed Moon Knight and the Avengers/NA hardcovers. I should have pulled the trigger on Original Sin too, oh well next order.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaybackJack posted:

Put in my amazon order a few days ago. Can't wait. Also grabbed Moon Knight and the Avengers/NA hardcovers. I should have pulled the trigger on Original Sin too, oh well next order.

Yeah, for half price you should grab the OS HC asap. That's cheaper than I an get it through work with my discount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

PaybackJack posted:

OS is half off at IST right now, and there's a decent chance the Hickman FF Vol 2 will be too.

• Locked thread