Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
tumblr counts right? because I was google searching a dude's SA name because I'm a subhuman without plat and found a) his name on some hentai site (lol) b) not the SA post I was looking for and C)

http://chroniclesofthefirstdrthread.tumblr.com/

What seems like the most pointless tumblr ever. It's... An archive of complaining about the old Dangan Ronpa Let's Play thread or something? Like, page by page play by plays. I've never actually used tumblr so I have no idea how much effort making a page is but going back to summarize and snipe at the posters of the thread for... some reason takes at least a reasonable amount of misplaced effort. :confused:

Guy Montag posted:

Are you sure you don't mean Hanlon's razor instead?

And in this case I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply, since he is being both stupid and malicious. Takes some real skill, give the guy his due. public shaming

Occam's Razor is, I believe that "the simplest solution is most likely the most correct" or something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Anatharon posted:

What seems like the most pointless tumblr ever. It's... An archive of complaining about the old Dangan Ronpa Let's Play thread or something? Like, page by page play by plays. I've never actually used tumblr so I have no idea how much effort making a page is but going back to summarize and snipe at the posters of the thread for... some reason takes at least a reasonable amount of misplaced effort. :confused:

That's really weird. Even by tumblr standards. I mean, he's going through the thread, which is ancient by this point, and..calling out posts to fill in his opinion?

"That voice actor never actually did any games aside from this one :smug:"

Wow you sure showed that goon three years after the fact.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Anatharon posted:

Occam's Razor is, I believe that "the simplest solution is most likely the most correct" or something like that

Hanlon's Razor also exists, and was correctly used here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_razor

It is basically Occam's Razor specifically formulated for conspiracy crazies.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Tracula posted:

I'm gay and I think less about gay sex than straight people who hate gay sex do apparently.

But honestly, is there some definition for that psychological phenomena? Where people who hate or are opposed to something obsess more heavily over it than the people who actually identify with it?

With severe phobias I think it's kind of natural. I say this as someone with very severe arachnophobia, I am going to be starting treatment with a psychologist for it. I walk into a room and I look in the corners for spiders. I check my bedding at night for spiders. I look in the bush I need to pass to get in my car in case there's a spider on it. I have to shake out every towel and tap out the mail from the post box, all kinds of things I am aware are nutty. But it is an irrational phobia and it is what it is.

However on the same token I have a hard time believing that most of the anti-gay lobby have are "homophobic", that they actually have a fear. They just seem to really hate gays. And I think hating something to the point of obsession must be a pretty different mechanism.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Didn't Tumblr have a meltdown when the paywall went up during that let's play? I remember some crazy stuff going on.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why was this thread renamed?

Super hilarious. It's as funny as rickrolling.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

God dammit, I was wondering why the gently caress this thread was in my bookmarks.

Whats the real AUG thread named now?

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
The other AUG thread has the same title, it's only the tag that's different. It completely threw me off as well.

I guess this is the Halloween thing for today, change a thread title so it's the same as another one?

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

The other AUG thread has the same title, it's only the tag that's different. It completely threw me off as well.

I guess this is the Halloween thing for today, change a thread title so it's the same as another one?

Apparently the thread is dressed up for Halloween as a different thread.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Met posted:

Why was this thread renamed?

Super hilarious. It's as funny as rickrolling.

You're really pissed off about the fact that a thread's name was changed

That's pretty funny dude

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Sandweed posted:

Didn't Tumblr have a meltdown when the paywall went up during that let's play? I remember some crazy stuff going on.

gently caress yes. It was hilarious. People were putting up protest websites like bringdownthesapaywall.com and isthesapaywallstillup.com, bitching about it on other, unrelated forums, and being gigantic babies in general. All because they were being asked to pay ten bucks to watch someone else play an anime videogame about an evil bear that picks on highschoolers.

I remember in the midst of all the madness the OP saying he had no idea what they were complaining about, as he was crossposting the LP onto at least one other board that didn't have a paywall.

edit: Happy Halloween, "A/U/G thread!" :laugh:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

gently caress yes. It was hilarious. People were putting up protest websites like bringdownthesapaywall.com and isthesapaywallstillup.com, bitching about it on other, unrelated forums, and being gigantic babies in general. All because they were being asked to pay ten bucks to watch someone else play an anime videogame about an evil bear that picks on highschoolers.

I remember in the midst of all the madness the OP saying he had no idea what they were complaining about, as he was crossposting the LP onto at least one other board that didn't have a paywall.

Do.. Do we have to give the thread candy for dressing up now? :ohdear:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Saagonsa posted:

You're really pissed off about the fact that a thread's name was changed

That's pretty funny dude

Thanks for sharing! Top notch post there. A pillar of the community.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Met posted:

Thanks for sharing! Top notch post there. A pillar of the community.

You're mad.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

RFC2324 posted:

Do.. Do we have to give the thread candy for dressing up now? :ohdear:

Here ya go, little guy :)

Remember not to go to GBS's house, because last year they gave everyone these loving things:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Change thread names to be confusing, someone says it's stupid, say they're mad.

I guess if that's fun to you... :shrug:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Met posted:

Yeah pretty mad.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Met posted:

What I have to say: "Fun sucks and it is gay"
My daylong source of dissatisfaction
Mod sass is my spear, killing fun you hold dear
Hate and rage fuel my combustion

Test me you will see
last word belongs to me
dedicated to
ending fun for youuuuuuuuuuuu

I'm bawling faster
obey your master
you're typing faster
obey your master

MASTER

Master of last words "fun sucks; it's gay"
Change the thread back, do it today
Blinded by fun, you won't change a thing
Just call for Met, 'cause I'll hear you scream

MASTER

MASTER

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 13:29 on Oct 31, 2014

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Man, you really hosed up the metre on some of those lines; somewhere, Lars Ulrich's lawsuit sense is tingling.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Man, you really hosed up the metre on some of those lines; somewhere, Lars Ulrich's lawsuit sense is tingling.

Sorry, I got distracted because the C&D arrived while I was writing it

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Here ya go, little guy :)

I don't like name-changes

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Sandweed posted:

Yes, and here's a couple super-happy videos Lowtax assembled: Part One and Part Two.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
There was an explosion at a fireworks factory in the town where I live last night. 5 injured, one still missing. A friend linked to this batshit insane theory about how it was actually a sign of the apocalypse and the illuminati blah blah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQsVhMnPM64

I like this screenshot showing the pope and the headwound (represented by the firework explosion) and the evil rabbit who is...someone? The great trickster?

Bear in mind this accident happened less than a day ago.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rondette posted:

Bear in mind this accident happened less than a day ago.

Tails Gets Trolled fanart keeps getting weirder man....

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I laughed. At both. :shrug:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Both of those jokes had tortured punchlines.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Good lord you wasn't joking, I just googled "dangan ronpa paywall" and there is a lot of very angry people out there. :catstare:

Just pay the $10 you loving cheapskates! Hell the fee hasn't changed with inflation since it was introduced so its actually cheaper now than it was years ago.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Celery Face posted:

My favourite example of this has got to be anti-gay activist Paul Cameron. Jesus Christ.

quote:

Paul Cameron, during an interview with Rolling Stone posted:

Marital sex tends toward the boring end. Generally, it doesn't deliver the kind of sheer sexual pleasure that homosexual sex does. If you isolate sexuality as something solely for one's own personal amusement, if all you want is the most satisfying orgasm you can get, then homosexuality seems too powerful to resist.

This is one of the best quotes I've ever read. Does this man speak from experience?

IamnotJoe posted:

That is an awesome quote.
Are you...Are you making fun of me? :(

Bored has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Oct 31, 2014

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
Do people still believe this poo poo?

This is one of the best quotes I've ever read. Does this man speak from experience?
[/quote]

That is an awesome quote.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So CollegeHumor made a video in which some women asked guys not to share nudes because, hey, we'll just not take them anymore, and, well…

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Don't mind me everyone I'm just illegally selling 500ml of what appears to be prison hooch for $70 a jar.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

belt posted:

Don't mind me everyone I'm just illegally selling 500ml of what appears to be prison hooch for $70 a jar.

I love how he attempts to be coy for a moment and then just goes "gently caress it".

It looks more like jenkem than anything resembling decent moonshine.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

There are far cheaper ways to kill yourself.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

IamnotJoe posted:

Do people still believe this poo poo?

Wait, how do you make marijuana gummy bears? I'd be all over that poo poo.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I love how he attempts to be coy for a moment and then just goes "gently caress it".

It looks more like jenkem than anything resembling decent moonshine.

Yeah, that poo poo looks awful and is loving :lol: at 70bux. I recall good moonshine being pretty much clear. (Don't judge me, I'm from Wisconsin. All we have here is alcohol.)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Wait, how do you make marijuana gummy bears? I'd be all over that poo poo.

Theoretically, you can infuse honey with cannabis similarly to how you do it with butter, then use it as a sugar substitute in a gummi candy recipe. All the honey infusing instructions I can find are from somewhat sketchy sources, though, with no scientific references like you get with making magic butter.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

Theoretically, you can infuse honey with cannabis similarly to how you do it with butter, then use it as a sugar substitute in a gummi candy recipe. All the honey infusing instructions I can find are from somewhat sketchy sources, though, with no scientific references like you get with making magic butter.

They are real. They are probably, however, not being given to kids on Halloween.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

detectivemonkey posted:

They are real. They are probably, however, not being given to kids on Halloween.

If someone has managed to make marijuana gummie bears, why the gently caress would they hand them out at random? That's the poo poo you eat with your friends.

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
Yeah this terminally ill girl is such a pussy for deciding to live just a little bit longer! What an attention whore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

detectivemonkey posted:

Yeah some googling showed that horrible things have happened for real (apparently a guy poisoned some pixie sticks with lots of heroin to kill his son and collect the life insurance, and also gave some to random trick or treaters as a cover-up?) but yeah like 99.99% of people who would make cannabis gummi bears would make them for themselves and friends only.

• Locked thread