Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Regalingualius posted:

To briefly explain for anyone not in the know, Goldshire is infamous on at least one realm (Moon Guard) for being a hub of erotic roleplaying. If you can think of anything, no matter how niche, disgusting, etc. it is, odds are good you'll find someone with a fetish for it in there.

While exploring the less-traveled corners of the world and the other faction's starting areas, I came across a naked level 1 female avatar with no AFK tag standing in a corner of a random empty building. Fairly sure they were fapping to the sexy polygons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

mng posted:

While exploring the less-traveled corners of the world and the other faction's starting areas, I came across a naked level 1 female avatar with no AFK tag standing in a corner of a random empty building. Fairly sure they were fapping to the sexy polygons.

It wouldn't be the first time.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

:catstare:

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

let us take the high road and not kinkshame. who's with me?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

dont post vids of me

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Twitch streamer tries to chat with viewers on Skype, gets interrupted by her own amazing/terrible donation message that gets flooded with $1 donations, doesn't change it for some reason.

Beware if you use headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZd6j3l1iDM

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

If they changed it the donations would stop. Personally, I'd probably act like I was being really annoyed and slowly raise the donation cap that triggered it.

Isn't that pretty much how this became a pay forum? Lowtax got annoyed with a cheese themed spammer that kept reregistering?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Foxhound posted:

Twitch streamer tries to chat with viewers on Skype, gets interrupted by her own amazing/terrible donation message that gets flooded with $1 donations, doesn't change it for some reason.

Beware if you use headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZd6j3l1iDM

Not really a grief since the streamer is in on the joke, but Bro Team Pill did a similar thing while playing Alien Isolation. Subscribing would make a very loud sound bite play that would scare the poo poo out of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWV8eS0xqvs

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If they changed it the donations would stop. Personally, I'd probably act like I was being really annoyed and slowly raise the donation cap that triggered it.

Isn't that pretty much how this became a pay forum? Lowtax got annoyed with a cheese themed spammer that kept reregistering?

From what I remember reading on the SAclopedia, the paywall was what finally stuck; everything else Lowtax tried (including IP bans) got maneuvered around.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Triangle Man, I think. It's been a while, but I think Triangle Man was what drove Lowtax to do the paywall.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lonjon posted:

Triangle Man, I think. It's been a while, but I think Triangle Man was what drove Lowtax to do the paywall.

A little more info for those of us that missed that please? (Yes, I looked in SAclopedia before I asked.)

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Daman posted:

more old clips from the terraria guy, it's goons loving with him also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNVd7y5Xw40

"We're actually playing Minecraft."
"Don't even start on Minecraft, the game doesn't exist."
"YES IT DOES"

That's a hell of a lot of fish in a tiny barrel there.

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Samizdata posted:

A little more info for those of us that missed that please? (Yes, I looked in SAclopedia before I asked.)

he talked about it in that college internet video he did, but it boiled down to triangle man just constantly posting pictures of triangles, getting banned, then re reging as trinagle man1, triangle man2 etc. and only posting pictures of trinagles ONLY.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Skeleton King posted:

he talked about it in that college internet video he did, but it boiled down to triangle man just constantly posting pictures of triangles, getting banned, then re reging as trinagle man1, triangle man2 etc. and only posting pictures of trinagles ONLY.

Why would you ban him? This is great.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Machai posted:

There probably wasn't a griefing thread in which to post about it yet.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Machai posted:

Probably because goons get irrationally pissed at stuff pretty easily, and the derails would get threads locked, and everyone involved would go all :regd08: and it just got easier to ban the guy until he started ban evading.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think it's mostly the "let's run this poo poo into the ground" group. In this age of nearly every forum becoming another FYAD lite, the lovely goons that inhabit those forums would start their own parachute account to post various shapes. Because it's funny and it's funnier if everyone does it all the time.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
One of the few good gimmick posters was Gamequoter (pbuh) because he knew when to show up and when not to. Triangle Man and Tasty's other alts just piled on whenever.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I find it kind of hilarious that the poster allegedly responsible for SA's single biggest difference from any other forum apparently never even warranted an SAclopedia entry. Like that Greek guy who burned down the Temple of Artemis, then had his name stricken from all official records to prevent him from becoming a household name.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Regalingualius posted:

I find it kind of hilarious that the poster allegedly responsible for SA's single biggest difference from any other forum apparently never even warranted an SAclopedia entry. Like that Greek guy who burned down the Temple of Artemis, then had his name stricken from all official records to prevent him from becoming a household name.

Who was that?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

VanSandman posted:

Who was that?

Herostratus?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Also at the time Triangleman was a thing the forum was waaaaay smaller IIRC, like I remember reading the front page in HS back when the forum was still free and being like "I would join but it seems like they don't have that many people time to go back to Fireball20xl/IRC/insert other bastion of bad taste here". So now there are a ton of Gimmick Posters and such but at the time a large percentage of all threads were being derailed by him or something.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

VanSandman posted:

Who was that?

Nobody knows!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Howard Beale posted:

One of the few good gimmick posters was Gamequoter (pbuh) because he knew when to show up and when not to. Triangle Man and Tasty's other alts just piled on whenever.

GameQuoter posted in the BSS IRC when I used to and I was always disappointed that he typed out his own sentences instead of conversing in lines from games. :(

Daman
Oct 28, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vLfy6AsMmM

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
In arche age, people take materials someone have crown, spend some effort and create a pack, then haul the pack from where ever they created it, like cookies from new york, and the further they go the more money they make.

If they deliver it into a pvp area they make even more. Across the sea? Yep you bet you, even more.

There are several vehicles in the game, tractors and boats, to help people get more packs to their destination. Sadly there are no border checks to make sure if people are bringing unwanted things in and during certain time frames the pvp zones become safe.

So a plan was formed to make sure that no harmful things get into the town like ebola.

Tractors were used to blockade the doors to the city so that all other tractors could be checked for ebola. This angered people greatly as they may have traveled very far and they may not have much time left before the zone goes into pvp again.

This is legal to do in the game only if you ask for a toll otherwise it is illegal to do.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Third World Reggin posted:

This is legal to do in the game only if you ask for a toll otherwise it is illegal to do.

:psyduck:

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

'emergent gameplay'

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Archeage saw how hilarious EVE Online hijinks can get and decided they wanted a piece of that pie.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Couldn't you just ask for a toll that is completely retarded high and be 100% legal?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
What about having a guy to the side saying he can get you through for x amount of gold?
Then just running off with the gold?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

You could. I did it it with one other person on a tower and asked for poems. Told people it was my bar mitzvah and that we had the beastie boys upstairs. Then I would play hava nagila while waiting for a poem.

The only poem we got was "Every rose has a thorn"

Your mounts are also physic objects that you summon from thin air and then have to mount. If you desummon them they run off into the distance.

A good portion of my time is spent trying to bowl people off of air ship towers with my donkey.

EDIT: People also try to get around blockades by getting out of their vehicles. If they do this anyone can hop in unless they put a one minute buff on it. So goons will hop in, steal the cart, and just drive off into the sunset with it.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Your mounts are also physic objects that you summon from thin air and then have to mount. If you desummon them they run off into the distance.

A good portion of my time is spent trying to bowl people off of air ship towers with my donkey.

Relating to this:

I quit because I felt the actual game was kinda boring (also it runs like poo poo on my computer), but in my early days in-game I had just finished turning in a trade pack for the newbie quests and was heading back to town to get the reward from the quest-giver, when I saw a trade pack sitting on the ground in the pass between zones, completely unattended. I immediately picked it up, walked over to complete that quest and get my donkey (which is a mount that's somewhat slow but allows you to carry a trade pack while on it), and set off to turn it in.

Turns out the trade pack was sitting there because some other goons had used their mounts to knock an AFK guy off of an airship while it was flying over that pass, and he'd died from the falling damage.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

EDIT: People also try to get around blockades by getting out of their vehicles. If they do this anyone can hop in unless they put a one minute buff on it. So goons will hop in, steal the cart, and just drive off into the sunset with it.

This is spectacular and mounts should work like this in every game.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!

That's a boat. Why is there a boat there?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Sauer posted:

That's a boat. Why is there a boat there?

One boat has a harpoon gun. This harpoon can be shot at other boats to slow them down, or shot at terrain to make sick nasty turns.

Shooting them at terrain also lets you drag the boat onto land.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tarezax posted:

One boat has a harpoon gun. This harpoon can be shot at other boats to slow them down, or shot at terrain to make sick nasty turns.

Shooting them at terrain also lets you drag the boat onto land.

Can you swing around like some crazed monkey, slamming into poo poo? Is there ramming damage?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Uh land boats?

The smaller ships have harpoons that can drag the boat. You can drag it a lot of places and even hook invisible objects into the air.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

I've heard goons have even attached themselves to airships with the harpoon gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hellsau posted:

Can you swing around like some crazed monkey, slamming into poo poo? Is there ramming damage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTyroE2DqxY

• Locked thread