Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Permotriassic
May 29, 2007

Feed me and tell me I'm pretty
Boy, that green deck sure is a pile of elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

How is it that I've never seen this guy before.

He's just so goddamn pleased with those crystals.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Fausts Pen posted:

Boy, that green deck sure is a pile of elves.

What other kinds of monogreen decks are there? Ramp into fatties?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Serperoth posted:

"gently caress you Birthing Pod, a deck in a format where I'm not even legal."

VV: gently caress how did I forget about Sneak and Show, I love that deck.

Every Death and Taxes player just placed their preorders.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

stinkles1112 posted:

Well, no Batterskull for Nahiri BUT they did give us Skullclamp! So they intended for her +2 to read "draw 2 cards" after all!

Edit: FFS did we really have to have Cyclonic Rift in the blue deck? That card should be banned.
That card isn't that bad.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
The feelbads dude. THE FEELBADS.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

bhsman posted:

The red deck comes with GOBLIN WELDERRRRRR

And a Wurmcoil. Looks like the best deck to me.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

GoutPatrol posted:

And a Wurmcoil. Looks like the best deck to me.

Red and White are tied for me.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Serperoth posted:

Good...gently caress every Roon, Brago, ETB deck ever

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

stinkles1112 posted:

The feelbads dude. THE FEELBADS.

You're doing something really poorly if a 7 mana quasi sweeper is causing you problems.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

bhsman posted:

Red and White are tied for me.

They all seem fairly strong but the white one particularly so.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ciprian Maricon posted:

You're doing something really poorly if a 7 mana quasi sweeper is causing you problems.

The EDH banned list had a 6 mana 5/5 flier on it while leaving cards like necropotence and sol ring off, feelbads appear to be enough to get banned in the format.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I wonder if that Sneak and Show hoser will see much play. Death and Taxes already has a great matchup between Karakas Thalia and Revoker and I doubt SnS is what's holding Maverick back. Don't see any of the white control decks running that card when they have access to permission and more flexible hate.

Maybe that shitball soldiers list becomes solid tier 1.5?

Hell Sneak and Show has barely been winning.
D&T really likes this against Elves (Natural Order/GSZ and incidentally Dryad Arbor via GSZ, fetch, or even played from hand), which is a tough matchup.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
I'll pick up the white one for sure since I already have a Soldier tribal token and equipment deck so it jams right in there fairly well, none of the rest look all that exciting. The blue one might also be an interesting pickup if I decide to finish the monoblue sea critters deck I was working on. I like that they're including all the relevant tokens for the decks and that they're kicking the number of oversized cards down to 1, but beyond that there's not a lot to be jazzed about at the new $35 price point.

Just kidding I'll end up buying all 5 just like I have with all the rest of them because there's something wrong with my brain that causes me to funnel all my money directly to Hasbro :shepspends:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Ciprian Maricon posted:

My play group is exactly five people, and we like to buy the decks and play them straight out of the box. Rift is significantly better the more people are playing.

Mostly I find it annoying, not over powered.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I think I might run that thing instead of Tormod's Crypt in my Soldiers, since Dredge is a pretty rare matchup anyway.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

COMMANDER: Freyalise, Llanowar's Fure

Well, the green deck gets an extra card I think.

I'm kind of disgusted that sol ring still gets auto-included in these like they want to tell you that it's here to stay because SHELDON thinks Sol Ring is more fair than Primeval Titan and sylvan primnordial.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Elyv posted:

The EDH banned list had a 6 mana 5/5 flier on it while leaving cards like necropotence and sol ring off, feelbads appear to be enough to get banned in the format.

Actually Kokusho isn't supposed to be banned anymore. They moved to a single solitary banned list instead of a banned list and a "can't be commander list" and in doing so dropped Kokusho off the list and completely banned Braids, Rofellos and Erayo.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Chamale posted:

I think I might run that thing instead of Tormod's Crypt in my Soldiers, since Dredge is a pretty rare matchup anyway.

It hoses Dredge anyway presuming you cast it before the go off. If you get no Narcomoeba's and no Nether Shadow's, you've got nothing.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
FaceToFace games is having a sale today for 10 random mythics for $5. The EV for this has to be close to even, right? There are a lot of bad mythics but I think there are enough worth anything that it's an alright deal.

I pulled the trigger just because I need more cards to fill out my binder.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Skillface posted:

FaceToFace games is having a sale today for 10 random mythics for $5. The EV for this has to be close to even, right? There are a lot of bad mythics but I think there are enough worth anything that it's an alright deal.

Enjoy 10 "random" Tibalt's.

Also that dragon that steals artifacts.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

For D&T players: How big a deal is being able to Vial stuff in in the matchups that you want that hate bear? Flickerwisp has some obvious applications but I don't know important it is if you have access to that guy.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Skillface posted:

Maybe you could make a cool 3D card or something out of all of those Archangel's Lights.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Skillface posted:

Enjoy your 10 random $1 Mythics I guess.

There's almost no way they're actually giving away any Mythics that are worth more than that. You might still get some neat stuff though and $5 isn't exactly breaking the bank for cards.

Do tell us what you got though. Tibalt is almost certainly going to be hanging around in there.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

standard.deviant posted:

D&T really likes this against Elves (Natural Order/GSZ and incidentally Dryad Arbor via GSZ, fetch, or even played from hand), which is a tough matchup.

Yeah that's true. Solid work against reanimator and dredge too. Looks like a possible sideboard tech but I don't think is drop it main.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

toadee posted:

It hoses Dredge anyway presuming you cast it before the go off. If you get no Narcomoeba's and no Nether Shadow's, you've got nothing.

Yup. I play Dredge as well, and though
I have plenty of Pithing Needles and Nature's Claims, I don't currently have anything in the 75 that can kill a 2/2 creature outside of combat. It may be time to start running Swords To Plowshares again.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Thank you for the laugh with the responses.

I decided to do it because $5 isn't really a big deal and I play a lot of casual commander & maybe there'll be a few things to use/trade with my playgroup. I was just wondering if it was actually "random" and I guess my suspicions were correct!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I don't think anyone here knows if it's actually random, we're making assumptions.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Skillface posted:

Thank you for the laugh with the responses.

I decided to do it because $5 isn't really a big deal and I play a lot of casual commander & maybe there'll be a few things to use/trade with my playgroup. I was just wondering if it was actually "random" and I guess my suspicions were correct!

Buylist for bulk mythics is like a quarter and you can usually get about a buck in trade value for any bulk mythic (although you need to find someone looking for that bad mythic). There are ~450 different mythic rares and there's a good number of stinkers, plus a bunch that have been reprinted into oblivion. The site specifically mentions that it's coming from their bulk inventory, so it's refreshing that they're being honest and not doing the eBay repack thing of "L@@K!! BLACK LOTUS FoW REPACKS" so you don't have to be bummed about not getting a Tarmogoyf or whatever. I say go hog wild and buy a bunch to do a reject mythic rare draft.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Chamale posted:

Yup. I play Dredge as well, and though
I have plenty of Pithing Needles and Nature's Claims, I don't currently have anything in the 75 that can kill a 2/2 creature outside of combat. It may be time to start running Swords To Plowshares again.

gotta run those Contagions mate

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

AgentSythe posted:

For D&T players: How big a deal is being able to Vial stuff in in the matchups that you want that hate bear? Flickerwisp has some obvious applications but I don't know important it is if you have access to that guy.

This was my thought as well. It's good, but you probably have to choose between it and vial, which I'm betting will keep it at a SB card only.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Aside from a few of the elf commons and maybe the medallions, there really aren't any reprints in those decks I was dying for. They all still seem like OK values at 30, 35 is pushing it maybe.

Probably going to keep my preorder still.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Serperoth posted:

Holy crap is that a card. I'm not sure any D&T deck that plays that wants aether vial, but the power level is there.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm probably gonna just buy the red deck and the hate bear from the white deck I'll preorder.

This is probably how you make commander sets, not ridiculously powerful but have a couple reprints of hard to find cards and the occasional power card.

That said I'm glad I don't have to have to buy 5 of a deck to make back triple the value back.

Wurmcoil Engine being 10 dollars made my stomach twist a bit though,

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Serperoth posted:

This is really powerful but I feel like I'm not going to play it. I just went through my sideboard and can't figure out what I'd cut for this, at least in my local meta.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Looks like they used Angelina Jolie as the reference for making that art

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

She's rad, now we need one for "Spells cast without paying their casting cost" to shut down annoying Narset builds.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Apparently one of the offerings is actually kind of a gently caress you offering, especially in 2 player:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
That templating seems a bit weird, seems like it would read more naturally as 'target creature you don't control of an opponent's choice' (etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Elyv posted:

Apparently one of the offerings is actually kind of a gently caress you offering, especially in 2 player:

That's really good even by more competitive Commander standards.

• Locked thread