Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Who What Now posted:

I click on this thread once every couple weeks (it moves super fast) and this is the third time in a row ketchup has been the subject of nearly half the posts on the latest page. I have no idea what to make of this. :psyduck:
What did the D&D chatting posters say to Who What Now who had fallen behind the thread?

Ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

pangstrom posted:

Did he kill himself after ISIS banned pickles?

he was blown apart by an IED

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He fell out of a guard tower.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Popular Thug Drink posted:

he was blown apart by an IED
But like on purpose, right, because of the pickle ban?

(Okay I'm done sorry about what happened to your acquaintance)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
His plane was shot down... over the Sea of Japan. It spun in ... there were no survivors.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pangstrom posted:

But like on purpose, right, because of the pickle ban?

(Okay I'm done sorry about what happened to your acquaintance)

actually, troop death is good and funny, to me

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I like garlicky half-sours because my ashkenaz heritage demands that I do, but i loving LOVE the little german pickles you can get at whole foods and some European markets that come in a little barrel-shaped jar...gundelsheim I think they're called. They're spicy and delicious and I love them.

Pickled peppers are great too. I think pickled tomatoes are a bit too acidic usually to enjoy. I can't stand herring in any form but my relatives love it. Even my wife likes picked watermelon it's so bizarre.

My old zeide pickles things on his own and even grinds his own meat to make chicken livers and stuffed cabbage he's so cute haha. The ultimate Yiddishe grandpa

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
those are really my only memories of the guy. he didn't talk much, i think he was unfortunately aware of how dumb he was where most dumb football guys don't ever really get it. not that all football guys are dumb but this guy was just over the threshold of self-realization. he tried talking to me about video games from time to time and once he sat down at our nerd lunchtime magic the gathering game and tried to learn how to play but got frustrated. he really loved gas station pickles and his best friend was an enormous guy named Thor, i kid you not Thor was his bff's name, and he died in iraq over a decade ago. i don't even remember his name, just his squinty face. ah memory

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

our nerd lunchtime magic the gathering game

bro there are some things you shouldn't reveal on the internet

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Now I'm craving those german pickles, sauerkraut, mustard, pretzels, and chicken wurst. Randler where are you?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

bro there are some things you shouldn't reveal on the internet

you may feel shame in your wicked craven heart but i post without mercy

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

comes along bort posted:

the popular notion of autism as a disease of children hurts efforts to create support structures and treatment programs

autistic kids become autistic adults and their parents grow older and less able to care for them

The hyper focus on autism as the only "real" or "meaningful" mental illness is a giant red herring that negatively impacts treatment and respect for people with other diagnoses. Autism Speaks is a racketeering organization that should be shut down immediately.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

saw this yesterday walking around campus :catstare:

hahahahahhahahahah the student orgs are getting more insane this is great.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
is civ 5 playable with more than 3 cities?

like did they ever reduce the "haha you get no loving culture scrub" penalty for owning too much city?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

is civ 5 playable with more than 3 cities?

like did they ever reduce the "haha you get no loving culture scrub" penalty for owning too much city?

no, 4 cities is still the optimal number of cities in civ 5

in beyond earth tho you can and should spam cities to your heart's content

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Some guy in the now closed I/P thread just defended israels diplomatic attack on sweden for recognizing palestine with "Well, everybody knows IKEA workers have poor working conditions so..."

I can't even begin to parse this. It's logic 4.0

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SporkOfTruth posted:

The hyper focus on autism as the only "real" or "meaningful" mental illness is a giant red herring that negatively impacts treatment and respect for people with other diagnoses. Autism Speaks is a racketeering organization that should be shut down immediately.

That reminds me of a question I had the other day: is breast cancer the most common cancer that women get? If so, what is it about breast tissue that makes it particularly prone to developing tumors?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i'm having a happy halloween :)

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

in beyond earth tho you can and should spam cities to your heart's content

yeah i saw "lol 5% science malus? 10% culture malus?" so i guess the optimal number of cities is 10

also is it me or are tile improvements like really, really key now

generators 4 lyfe

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

yeah i saw "lol 5% science malus? 10% culture malus?" so i guess the optimal number of cities is 10

also is it me or are tile improvements like really, really key now

generators 4 lyfe

the only health bands are 20-10, 10-0, 0--10, -10--20. so -20 and -2000 are the same level of health. go nuts

you should have as many cities as possible because trade routes are stupidly OP. more cities = more trade flowing back to your capital or other cities, which translates to +40p or so per turn it's idiotic. they didn't play test this game at all

yes tile improvements are practically as important as buildings. spam biowells everywhere. terrascapes are overrated. biowells own (+2f +1c +1h -2e) i spam biowells/generators in equal proportion and farms when i need food, to be converted into gen/bio later

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 31, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CoolCab posted:

same

but only like two people in my office are dressed up, and I'm not one of them. i may go home and throw a costume on at lunch because gently caress it i'm not really going to do much real work today anyhow

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah i can't automate loving workers because they just love loving terrorscapes

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
also faction units are op

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why do we need a whole month to be aware of Breast Cancer.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
dem tittiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i automated my explorers and they all immediately started crawling along the polar caps at two moves a turn just to get uselessly butchered by krakens

the ai is garbage

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CoolCab posted:

so am i :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

euphronius posted:

why do we need a whole month to be aware of black history?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

dem tittiezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeah, but we need a healthy titties month. why all the focus gotta be on diseased ones?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

euphronius posted:

the komen foundation demands more money

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

It's bad for a few reasons like: Komen, the worst charity ever, completely dominates the donations. The pink thing is more a marketing triumph than a charity one, and it lets really bad misogynist organizations like all the sports ones score cheap approval and pretend like they really care about women by wearing pink socks or whatever.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

i automated my explorers and they all immediately started crawling along the polar caps at two moves a turn just to get uselessly butchered by krakens

the ai is garbage

My explorers just shuffle back and forth between two spots because there's another faction's unit nearby.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

why do we need a whole month to be aware of black history?

Blacks are more oppressed than boobs.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
better than trying to explore the area immediately adjacent to an alien nest

even if you have purity 1 your explorer gets caught up in the alien traffic jam and dies of miasma

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am dying of ennui.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

So people can buy pink and feel good about themselves.

Breast cancer's pretty easy to treat if it gets detected early enough though. So play with them titties!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
let's cover the map in an ambient death fog and then not have automated units avoid said fog even though we have behavior code to do that for trade routes

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I play Civ IV while I listen to podcasts because it gives me something to do. I really hate that cottages have to be made to play the game effectively.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

I hated that they added that kind of limit. My favorite thing to do in Civ is to city spam and build all the buildings and watch as my culture slowly overtakes neighboring Civs. I will assimilate you all!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pangstrom posted:

What did the D&D chatting posters say to Who What Now who had fallen behind the thread?

Ketchup.

gently caress you.

Wait, no, I really walked into that one, I only have myself to blame. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
This is the best D&D thread

• Locked thread