Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

Speaking of stunting, I really want a Trials Bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLSVP3b9nVU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

This is hilariously narrow minded and the first time I've actually seen your Kiwi come out on this forum. :allears:

I don't see how I'm being narrow minded. If they're being sensible and not taunting the cops, riding down a freeway doing dumb poo poo and then posting the recordings on youtube they are, by definition, Not Those People.

M42 posted:

I'm all for stunting, stunting's the poo poo. Just do it in a place where you're not bothering or endangering other people on the road. That's like Remedial Don't Be a Dickhead 099

This. Wheelies are great, skids are great, doing crazy poo poo with bikes is great.

Running around in an unassailable pack of hundreds, ruining people's day then hiding behind your strength in numbers and bragging about how tough you are on the internet is not great. It's cowardly, self-centered and detestable. gently caress those people and gently caress their stunta crews and gently caress their little clubs and their youtube videos and their unbelievably over-inflated egos.

I don't equate drifting with fuckwits in silvias wrapping themselves around poles and I don't equate stunting with these meatheads.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Counterpoint: Look how badass these dudes are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU3nZQdkB0Q

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Guns down bikes up #teamstuntas

M42
Nov 12, 2012

lollin @ grom krew

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Cycle Asylum: ATGATT Grom Stuntin' Krew Clubhouse

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Slavvy posted:

Running around in an unassailable pack of hundreds, ruining people's day then hiding behind your strength in numbers and bragging about how tough you are on the internet is not great. It's cowardly, self-centered and detestable. gently caress those people and gently caress their stunta crews and gently caress their little clubs and their youtube videos and their unbelievably over-inflated egos.

Moto equivalent of a flash mob robbery. Gutless when solo, generally.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Now that I've got a few miles on my TR650 I need to start reppin my new brand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oax6wD4IJFk

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

nsaP posted:

Counterpoint: Look how badass these dudes are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU3nZQdkB0Q

the foot>leg scratch @1:33 was a pretty sweet move

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

I don't see how I'm being narrow minded.

quote:

The thing to realise is that these people are, down to a man (or woman, though they usually have better judgement), desperately attention-seeking fuckmuppets whose mothers didn't love them.

Narrow minded wasn't a perfect word choice, but you're playing Freud online, dude. Like, it is cool to hate stuntaz doin' wicked rad poo poo on the innerstate, but drat dawg, diagnosing fools online is weaker than my Oedipal complex (my mom is a fatty).

M42 posted:

Yeah, stunters who do that poo poo illegally on the crowded interstate/city streets are shitheads. Way to give people more of a reason to hate riders, bravo, thanks assholes.

That stretch of 680 is an absolute ghost town except during rush hour, which it clearly isn't. Also most of East San Jose(locals, not techies) probably supports the gently caress The Police attitude of the video.

Anyway, tomorrow is Halloween, official day of mischief and miscreants, hooning and hooligans, tricks or treats. Go out and tear it up.

Yes, I know my chain is saggier than a Harley rider's balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6iP0WLsU8

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 31, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oh. Sorry, that was a turn of phrase, I don't pretend to know anything about psychology :shobon:

Like, if someone does something incredibly loud and ostentatious it's not unreasonable for people to say "did your mother not love you enough as a child?" here.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

Oh. Sorry, that was a turn of phrase, I don't pretend to know anything about psychology :shobon:

Like, if someone does something incredibly loud and ostentatious it's not unreasonable for people to say "did your mother not love you enough as a child?" here.

Well yeah, of course. But that didn't really seem to jive with your little screed. :shrug:

Maybe I'm just feeling a little defensive because they were my squids. Not that I ride with them and theirs, but that they're my local hooligans and I appreciate them keeping the local popo in line.

Speaking of people who love to brag about their toughness while hiding behind strength of numbers: the police!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Well yeah, of course. But that didn't really seem to jive with your little screed. :shrug:

Maybe I'm just feeling a little defensive because they were my squids. Not that I ride with them and theirs, but that they're my local hooligans and I appreciate them keeping the local popo in line.

Speaking of people who love to brag about their toughness while hiding behind strength of numbers: the police!

The problem with this is that now, the police will make it their business to make operating a motorcycle in your town incredibly problematic for literally everyone. That is what drives me the most crazy about the whole thing; they're so incredibly self-centered that they don't see how it fucks it up for everyone else because they can't keep their wheelie-peens in their pants.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Slavvy posted:

The problem with this is that now, the police will make it their business to make operating a motorcycle in your town incredibly problematic for literally everyone. That is what drives me the most crazy about the whole thing; they're so incredibly self-centered that they don't see how it fucks it up for everyone else because they can't keep their wheelie-peens in their pants.

We in the US don't need to worry about police harassment because someone said they saw a bike with roughly the same color as yours going over a footpath within 3mi of your house.

e: unless you're black in the wrong town

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Slavvy posted:

I take it you haven't seen the videos of Oakland PD driving away from block parties where people are firing off guns and drinking in the middle of the street. I'd link it but I'm phone posting.

Depending on where you are there might be some retaliation from local PD, but I don't expect it in ESSJ. Our local PD doesn't even have the numbers to respond to robberies in a timely manner, they can't waste what little manpower they've got on riders. Unless a group picks it up as their crusade of the month nothing will happen.

Edit
I forgot to mention that vehicular exhibitionism like cruising and stunting is also slightly more acceptable here because of the strong Latino culture. It is a modern update to an older Mexican tradition which I have completely forgotten the name of. Basically the only way I see this becoming a big deal in my region is if whiteys get involved.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 31, 2014

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
America is cool.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Chichevache posted:

They're my local squids too and gently caress them. You want to go out and have fun, that's fine, just don't do it in a place where you inconvenience or screw with others. Our police culture is totally hosed but a bunch of dudes riding wheelies on city streets aren't going to fix a goddamn thing, and acting like theyre some sort of Robin Hood on wheels is loving moronic.

You want to keep the police in line? loving vote, get involved with the community, work to improve the relationship between the police and their communities. Behavior like what is on that video is just going to lead to reprecussions, same way people wadding it in the hills does. Oh and they arrested that guy because he's a loving moron and posted the video under his own account, exactly as they should have.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

Z3n posted:

They're my local squids too and gently caress them. You want to go out and have fun, that's fine, just don't do it in a place where you inconvenience or screw with others. Our police culture is totally hosed but a bunch of dudes riding wheelies on city streets aren't going to fix a goddamn thing, and acting like theyre some sort of Robin Hood on wheels is loving moronic.

You want to keep the police in line? loving vote, get involved with the community, work to improve the relationship between the police and their communities. Behavior like what is on that video is just going to lead to reprecussions, same way people wadding it in the hills does. Oh and they arrested that guy because he's a loving moron and posted the video under his own account, exactly as they should have.

For the first time ever, I literally agree with everything z3n said.

Those guys just set sportbike - police relationships back 3 years and I'm ashamed that I would be grouped into those fucktards every time I'm out in San Jose.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Z3n posted:

Amen. I'm impressed by stunting and I think it's very cool and real stunting requires talent and practice. The odd wheelie on an empty highway, who cares? But when these guys act like thugs when they have numbers and poo poo all over everyone else in crowded traffic situations are just being selfish douchemuppets. I'm not at all a fan of police culture in the USA, but not all cops are dicks and their job is to respond to calls, so they'll have to chase these guys down.

I may have posted this earlier, but a friend of mine was riding from point a to point b and got pulled over. Officer comes up and my friend asked, "Why am I getting pulled over?". Cop responded with, "You'll see in a second." Few seconds later 50-100 stuntahs come roaring by. Cop told my buddy, the Staties had barricaded the highway a few miles up and he didn't want to see my friend get caught in that net for the stuntahs.

Marxalot posted:

Aluminum Pipe of Loudness +3

THAC0: +3
Damage: 1D8+3; +5 vs creatures with "Tinnitus" trait
Damage Type: Crushing
Type: One Handed
Weight: 5
Speed: 4

Hilarious. :rimshot:

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Over the years I've tended to find that the fuckwits bleating about being harassed by the cops all the time are the same fuckwits who have no impulse control and are constantly getting caught doing dumb poo poo, ruining it for everyone else in turn. gently caress those guys.

Back in the day when I was involved in the car scene we made a point of not cruising with anyone who caused trouble, and always sending a couple of guys to approach any cops who came by to check us out. We'd usually end up having a little chat, they'd see we weren't up to anything we shouldn't be, and be on their way. We literally never had trouble.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Z3n posted:

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Over the years I've tended to find that the fuckwits bleating about being harassed by the cops all the time are the same fuckwits who have no impulse control and are constantly getting caught doing dumb poo poo, ruining it for everyone else in turn. gently caress those guys.

:respek:

inolen was a pretty cool dude imo. Like he admitted to doing some dumb street stunting poo poo back in the day, but at the time he was doing it in lots iirc. Wonder if he ever succeeded ditching his 9-5 for that.

M42 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 31, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

They're my local squids too and gently caress them.

From what I recall you live way up in the North Bay somewhere, so I really don't agree with you there. I mean sure, geographically you're close, but the Bay is so diverse that 10 miles takes you to a completely alien culture from the one you were just in. Or do you really believe that Atherton and EPA share the same cultural norms and values? (If you have spent a lot of time living elsewhere in the Bay then cool, I wasn't aware of it.)

quote:

You want to go out and have fun, that's fine, just don't do it in a place where you inconvenience or screw with others. Our police culture is totally hosed but a bunch of dudes riding wheelies on city streets aren't going to fix a goddamn thing, and acting like theyre some sort of Robin Hood on wheels is loving moronic.

Yeah, disagreeing again here. I never tried to paint them as "robin hoods" or give them noble intentions like he supposedly had. I merely said that I appreciated them loving with the police. What I'm trying to advocate for is their civil disobedience and my belief that an occasionally unruly citizenry is a good and healthy thing for the polis. Obviously that discussion doesn't really fit into CA, which is why I'd prefer we took this portion of the discussion to PMs, if you'd really like to continue.

quote:

You want to keep the police in line? loving vote, get involved with the community, work to improve the relationship between the police and their communities. Behavior like what is on that video is just going to lead to reprecussions, same way people wadding it in the hills does.

Thanks, but I know what political and social activism is. Again, really not the place to get into it and the police relationship with politicians who try to interfere with them. If you've read anything about the relationship between Chuck Reed and the SJPD then you're aware of how well that is going.

Also I spent a lot of time working with local police in my last job as well as taking classes taught by their officers at one of the JCs in the Bay. I've done ride alongs with them. Some of my friends happen to be local cops and deputies and chippies. There is something utterly broken with police culture in the South Bay and I'm fortunate to have gotten out before getting brainwashed with the rest of them and joining up. It really isn't as simple as saying vote and improve relations.

quote:

Oh and they arrested that guy because he's a loving moron and posted the video under his own account, exactly as they should have.

Yeah, he did get arrested because he was a moron. Never disputed that. I also don't see how it matters.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Voting is overrated and a lie I send a message by staying home and dressing up like a clown on election day.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Happy Halloween yall

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
FTP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-_GZylAzPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7-TTWgiYL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRrAeQqVs8

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nof5tK6Mtqw

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
^^^
3 pro posts

Pope Mobile posted:

Voting is overrated and a lie I send a message by staying home and dressing up like a clown on election day.

That sounds incredibly unproductive. You should consider actually getting off your rear end if you want to make a point!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Chichevache posted:

That sounds incredibly unproductive. You should consider actually getting off your rear end if you want to make a point!

You obviously underestimate the hilarious power of clowntivism.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

You obviously underestimate the hilarious power of clowntivism.

________/

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Yall are lame, sometimes when you gotta stunt u gotta stunt. Don't be jelly just cause you guys are cowards who can't do it

M42
Nov 12, 2012

*nac nacs into mailbox*

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPz7LCybSNk

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
stunt lyfe http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee4_1414593062

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Cycle pictures and videos: stunt zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
For Halloween I am dressing as a 12 O'clock Boy. It isn't racist because my full face covers the black face.

Edit

hot sauce posted:

Cycle pictures and videos: stunt zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

:laffo: just posted that same video in the football forum yesterday. Owns.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 31, 2014

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyNq_UK0OBQ
Kawasaki 100 commercial.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

hot sauce posted:

Happy Halloween yall

What a clown.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Chichevache posted:

For Halloween I am dressing as a 12 O'clock Boy. It isn't racist because my full face covers the black face.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

M42 posted:

*moot moots into mailbox*

Fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chichevache posted:

So, short, tshirt, slippers and baseball cap?