Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Tempted to pick up one of those madcatz c.t.r.l.is. Reading the description on Amazon, the last line is "get an hdmi cable and a lighting a/v cable and you can have a CONSOLE EXPERIENCE on your t.v." and I'm just thinking why? If I wanted a "console experience" I'd buy a console or I'd use my computer. Both options are cheaper and more powerful.

Also, I wish I had the dollar I spent on Dark Meadow back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Sizone posted:

Also, I wish I had the dollar I spent on Dark Meadow back.

It is a creepy environment and top notch voice acting/dialogue saddled to a combat system that will absolutely put you to sleep. It is a shame. There are some good ideas in there.

marshmonkey posted:

For everyone complaining about lovely timer games, get out your wallet and start going through this list: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=921676

This is a great find.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Oct 31, 2014

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Interlocked, from that list, is a game I quickly fell in love with.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
So I'm still on IOS 7 because I just know it'll break Phoenix Wright HD/Ghost Trick/Layton Brothers. I'm on an iPad Mini 1. Am I right or is anyone in the same boat?

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Szmitten posted:

So I'm still on IOS 7 because I just know it'll break Phoenix Wright HD/Ghost Trick/Layton Brothers. I'm on an iPad Mini 1. Am I right or is anyone in the same boat?

I'm with you. It wasn't my reason for staying on iOS 7 until someone mentioned it breaking Ghost Trick in this thread yesterday, but now it is.

liquorlanche
Sep 10, 2014
Shattered Planet is hosed to hell on iOS8. (16gig 4s)

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Anyone play that new F2P Star Wars defense game? Is it as bad as I'm assuming it is?

Also, my iPad/iPhone now have no less than 3.5 Warhammer games on each of them now.

From what I can tell, there are 4 towers. It's like a lovely Kingdom Rush with a Star Wars paintjob, which could be cool, but it's just really lovely instead.

To actually relate a little more information, there are a shitload of heroes though and it looks like you eventually control 3 at once. They auto attack and have 1 ability each.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 31, 2014

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Froist posted:

I'm with you. It wasn't my reason for staying on iOS 7 until someone mentioned it breaking Ghost Trick in this thread yesterday, but now it is.

I saw Dual Destinies got patched, but I guess the others are going to stay in limbo forever?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
wrong motherfucking thread

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Shadowrun Returns is an excellent game and at only 2GBP is crazy good value. I am 100% getting the other one when it comes to iOS. Great suggestion, thanks thread.

Anyone played Knights of the Old Republic to completion yet, on iOS? Is it worth getting if I played it however many years ago?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yes. I just picked it up and it's such a fantastic port. Worth every penny only if you haven't played it in a long time.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I played it in 2005 or something. Not long after it came out. It is just such a HUGE time investment that I dunno if I will get to this any time soon. Does it work well on the touch screen though? I am really impressed by Shadowrun Returns' operation on an iPad Mini. Maybe it is the Mini's form factor that contributes to this, though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Froist posted:

Buy a DS Lite for like $20 and update your drat phone

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

BadAstronaut posted:

I played it in 2005 or something. Not long after it came out. It is just such a HUGE time investment that I dunno if I will get to this any time soon. Does it work well on the touch screen though? I am really impressed by Shadowrun Returns' operation on an iPad Mini. Maybe it is the Mini's form factor that contributes to this, though.

Well, I don't read a single thing because I don't care about the story anymore having played that out when it was new (it's also not a good story) so kotor isn't that much of a time investment for me. I've been playing about just over an hour an evening and I've been completing a planet per session.

The controls are sublime. Bioware's auto-pause style lends itself perfectly to the touchscreen.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Zigmidge posted:

Well, I don't read a single thing because I don't care about the story anymore having played that out when it was new (it's also not a good story) so kotor isn't that much of a time investment for me. I've been playing about just over an hour an evening and I've been completing a planet per session.

The controls are sublime. Bioware's auto-pause style lends itself perfectly to the touchscreen.

Why the gently caress would you slog through that game if you didn't care about any of the words at all?

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Froist posted:

Phoenix Wright Trilogy seems to work just fine for me and I'm on 8.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Why the gently caress would you slog through that game if you didn't care about any of the words at all?

I find bioware's combat and rpg systems fun. You know, the gameplay part.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Zigmidge posted:

Well, I don't read a single thing because I don't care about the story anymore having played that out when i (it's also not a good story)

:psyduck:

Zigmidge posted:

(it's also not a good story)

:wtc:

Are you sure you are playing the same game? This is KOTOR right? The game that pretty much catapulted Bioware into popularity BECAUSE OF THE STORY right?

Right?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Doctor Zero posted:

Are you sure you are playing the same game? This is KOTOR right? The game that pretty much catapulted Bioware into popularity BECAUSE OF THE STORY right?

Right?

I like KOTOR's story but it isn't exactly the deepest story out there.

I think bad is a little unfair but it is bioware as gently caress.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Jesus christ this loving thread

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
1) gently caress nimblebit i hate inoffensive games that aren't bad
2) iap is killing games
3) referral codes
4) a brief flash of actual discussion
5) posting about posting

Solomon's Keep is pretty good. Just started playing it. Wish I had it on my iPad but it works okay on my 5. Tactics Maiden seems servicable but shallow. RETRY is stupid. Just give me Battle Cats and Kingdom Rush forever.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Doctor Zero posted:

Right?

Except Bioware was pretty well known because of Baldur's Gate, which came out years before KOTOR.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Except Bioware was pretty well known because of Baldur's Gate, which came out years before KOTOR.

Yeah, perhaps I was harsh. Just seems odd to me but to each their own.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Bogart posted:

Solomon's Keep

God drat it you made me perk up right there and then immediately destroyed the hope. I wonder ever happened with the lawsuit that was delaying Solomon Dark.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Is game of war fire age the same timer based nongame as clash of clans?

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I found KOTOR to be unplayable on the iPhone 5, but I have huge hands. Trying to navigate through the fiddly UI was tedious and unprecise, and I put the game down halfway through the first planet.

Also the big plot line twist blew my mind as a teenager, but I don't think it holds up well at all. Every character and quest is written in stark, primary colors with no subtlety or nuance. The combat though is fun and easy, and you can force lightning forever and have your evil droid cheer you on, which is all I really wanted in a replay.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Olaf The Stout posted:

KOTOR
Every character and quest is written in stark, primary colors with no subtlety or nuance.

Well, it is Star Wars.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

SynthOrange posted:

The game actually does have cards with pretty nice art. Along with some horrifying art. I've cherry picked an album for you all.

:nws:http://imgur.com/a/d6F11:nws:

AND Apple gives devs crap for swimsuit pics? Really???

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

VideoGameVet posted:

AND Apple gives devs crap for swimsuit pics? Really???

Well I think most of the people who don't just self-police on this poo poo are using android.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

tuyop posted:

Well I think most of the people who don't just self-police on this poo poo are using android.

Android has a lot of questionable games, like the one where you score points for running over cyclists ... But the pics are from an iOS game with up-skirt and boob anime art.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

VideoGameVet posted:

Android has a lot of questionable games, like the one where you score points for running over cyclists ... But the pics are from an iOS game with up-skirt and boob anime art.

Yeah I'm saying that nobody complains because we're grown ups here on iOS and just roll our eyes and look away when we encounter that stuff on the App Store, so Apple hasn't policed it. I was being smug talking about android that way.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just rolled this monster

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Just rolled this monster

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Helsing Fire borked for anyone else? The puzzle screen is a block of solid color except over the GUI. It seems like I can still interact with the puzzle blindly as the color changes when I kill... something, so it appears to be a rendering issue. Having never played the game I couldn't say for certain what I should see, though. 6+, latest iOS8 build.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Just rolled this monster

That cat do cool weird stuff? I'm kinda holding off on redeeming rates now because the current specials look kinda normal

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Rivensteel posted:

Helsing Fire borked for anyone else? The puzzle screen is a block of solid color except over the GUI. It seems like I can still interact with the puzzle blindly as the color changes when I kill... something, so it appears to be a rendering issue. Having never played the game I couldn't say for certain what I should see, though. 6+, latest iOS8 build.

Helsing's Fire hasn't been updated since March 2011, Square will start making their released items universal before this thing gets an update.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
And The World Ends with You will also get an iOS8 update, which hasn't been much of a priority.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How much is every episode of Walking Dead Season 2 right now? App is 1.99 but I have the first episode on my Japanese account.

if each is 1.99 I'll buy it on my US account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

How much is every episode of Walking Dead Season 2 right now? App is 1.99 but I have the first episode on my Japanese account.

if each is 1.99 I'll buy it on my US account.

The remaining episodes are still 4.99 each. Just episode one is 1.99.

Pretty sure episode one will be free around the end of the year.