Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
i just confessed my feelings via text for a girl who I've been casually seeing/talking to for the past two months or so and when she rejects me in the morning I should have a lot more time to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Cool Blue Reason posted:

i just confessed my feelings via text for a girl who I've been casually seeing/talking to for the past two months or so and when she rejects me in the morning I should have a lot more time to play.

Cool let's kill some gay elves or something, not to e/n but my life is equally pathetic and neither of my jobs are giving me many hours so I'm about to be playing p99 a lot more :V

Not (reliably) pathetic enough to run this guild though sorry guys. I have two jobs and run a business, I just haven't been getting poo poo for hours lately and my mail business doesn't take much time or effort to run.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

ptothebtothek posted:

Did a little recruiting this morning and got an Enchanter, Pally and Rogue all lvls 29-30. Seen them around Unrest the last couple days and they seem like good people. Now where all the clerics at? Just crashed and it says my IP is blocked... great.

I'm sure you figured it out, but yeah when you crash give it a minute before logging in again. Server still has you in game, which is why people go LD in world. If you try logging in during that period, it treats it like a second connection.

Buane posted:

I might actually get some play time in this weekend. My poor druid is still stuck at 29.

We conveniently have a group of 20s right now. Robocop (hardon), Toolshed, Dacka, and a couple other newbies found in Unrest. Mistey's been PLing a friend + group the past couple nights, so should be plenty to level with.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 29, 2014

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm pretty much stuck not able to find any groups on robocop ever. Guess I should just swarm or something.

nyro
Jul 15, 2005

your face looks like the fairy tale explosion

HEY VAPER posted:

I'm pretty much stuck not able to find any groups on robocop ever. Guess I should just swarm or something.

Sucks we couldn't get something going tonight - too many PKs and the group never got going in MR. I dont think Unrest is worth it. WW giant fort would be great XP and I doubt a lot of people are in Kunark.

Is Highkeep Hold camped a lot? Always loved that zone for the great experience modifier, bank, vendors, and great loot.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Finally got a QM to pop with a cloak. At least 10 hours into that camp...but it was really the last non-raid piece of loot I need. So, yay.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

nyro posted:

Sucks we couldn't get something going tonight - too many PKs and the group never got going in MR. I dont think Unrest is worth it. WW giant fort would be great XP and I doubt a lot of people are in Kunark.

Is Highkeep Hold camped a lot? Always loved that zone for the great experience modifier, bank, vendors, and great loot.

I really liked WW giant fort a lot, was good xp and they drop items that sell to vendor for 20-60 plat and drop more rarely some piece of jewelry that is worth like 500 plat on blue server to players so dunno what it is worth on red. You can also fear kite them and i mostly duoed with a necro while there.

babartabernacle
Oct 24, 2014
A Quick note to the group of 50's:

The Hole.

I was talking to Primordial (a cleric that I've been leveling with) - now joined EL for what it's worth. And he took a group to the hole, they were all mid 40's on arrival, and they were all 50-52 upon leaving 5-6 hours later, and they got a heap of loot. Everyone left with Imbued Granite Spaulders for a start.

Might be easier to get a group going there than HS.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

babartabernacle posted:

The Hole.

I was talking to Primordial (a cleric that I've been leveling with) - now joined EL for what it's worth. And he took a group to the hole, they were all mid 40's on arrival, and they were all 50-52 upon leaving 5-6 hours later, and they got a heap of loot. Everyone left with Imbued Granite Spaulders for a start.

Is it still possible to farm up shiny brass idols and drop into The Hole from the actual hole? I vaguely remember that being a thing in classic EQ1. IIRC I remember at one point dropping a warrior, cleric, and mage down there and summoning a raid group to them, which was pretty comical.

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier
Make a Cazic-worshiping Erudite Cleric and give it a go!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

babartabernacle posted:

The Hole.

If Primordial is talking about yesterday's hole group.. that is half true. I was with him all day, that was my hole group. We had about 10 pieces of loam drop (1-3k each), several gems (given to clerics because gently caress peridots), but no IGS. IGS don't drop like candy, I've spent a ton of time down there and haven't seen one. Primo also started off at 48, the rest of the group was 52+, with a 55 SK and 56 War to tank for us. We were near the docks for several hours.

A group of high 40s can run the entrance loop, however, and get ridiculous xp / plat. Pretty much any spawn can possibly be a named, and most Loam can be gotten off the entrance without needing to drop down (can be done without a porter, in other words). Small races can slip into the hole without a key, or evils can buy the key for about 120p. Bards can also pick the lock. I've leveled Inae there from 38-49, took Yevea from 52-54 there yesterday, have and gotten a lot of plat on the side. All we need is an Enchanter around 49, or a ton of DPS w/ a harmony and CC person. Hell, I could probably bard for a group and cover CC, and still out DPS everyone, my fingers may start to bleed but whatever, pixels, man. Those loving Elementals hurt, and make wonderful, wonderful pets in the hand of an Enchanter though.

Also, the Hole is always empty. If a group comes in, it's either someone I've done the Hole with before and we're cool, or a guild doing epic quests and they will ignore people xping off greens to them.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

DeathSandwich posted:

Is it still possible to farm up shiny brass idols and drop into The Hole from the actual hole? I vaguely remember that being a thing in classic EQ1. IIRC I remember at one point dropping a warrior, cleric, and mage down there and summoning a raid group to them, which was pretty comical.

There are a few rumors about how to survive the drop on P99. One is if you /q / plug after zoning into the fall, you won't die. Another is if you turn your frame rate and LOD bias to the lowest possible setting, play in windowed mode and click off screen after loading you won't die.

I haven't tested either, but frankly I wouldn't want to drop down on Master Yael unless I was a brell seris dwarf.

e: Whoops, didn't mean to doublepost.

j3rkstore posted:

Make a Cazic-worshiping Erudite Cleric and give it a go!
Always make Cazic-Thule Erudite Clerics, they are the loving best. Praise be to Cazic-Thule, may he instill fear in your hearts.

e2: vvvvvvvvvvv loving docks are the best. You can literally sit a group there, and have them all AFK without fear of a pather aggroing you, or PKs. If someone goes to PK you at docks, that means they spent an hour clearing to you with a full group, or 2 hours sneaking walking by the mobs.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 29, 2014

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

DeathSandwich posted:

It is, but honestly camping by the dock before the drop down is better exp and loot. Going all the way to castle is really only for the high value items like Withered Leather Tunic and such. The castle ghosts are super magic resistant and a real pain to kill.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

onesixtwo posted:

There are a few rumors about how to survive the drop on P99. One is if you /q / plug after zoning into the fall, you won't die. Another is if you turn your frame rate and LOD bias to the lowest possible setting, play in windowed mode and click off screen after loading you won't die.

I haven't tested either, but frankly I wouldn't want to drop down on Master Yael unless I was a brell seris dwarf.

e: Whoops, didn't mean to doublepost.

Always make Cazic-Thule Erudite Clerics, they are the loving best. Praise be to Cazic-Thule, may he instill fear in your hearts.

e2: vvvvvvvvvvv loving docks are the best. You can literally sit a group there, and have them all AFK without fear of a pather aggroing you, or PKs. If someone goes to PK you at docks, that means they spent an hour clearing to you with a full group, or 2 hours sneaking walking by the mobs.

To be fair, Brell Serelis Gnomes and Halflings and Bards should be able to visit Yael and be fine so long as they haven't been fighting there before. Parachute a brellian gnomish mage in and find a safe spot to summon a raid.

WRT the newbie drive and whatnot, I made a bard a few weeks ago and played about 2 days before I put it down. I realize I've been posting here a few times and I really would like to get back into this, but I just don't have the sort of time commitments necessary to make this game work. Girlfriend time happens on the weekends now and I've got at best maybe 4 days a week to play in 3 hour or less windows each. I just didn't want to be that guy who got my spells bankrolled and newbie kitted out only to give up and walk away 2 weeks later.

alathar
Jan 6, 2004
O_o
I just started a paladin on red named alathar. Is there someone I should look for to get an invite to SLAM?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

alathar posted:

I just started a paladin on red named alathar. Is there someone I should look for to get an invite to SLAM?

Oh poo poo, I didn't know you were a goon. I invited you as Fizzpop earlier. Ask for me in /gu when you are on next and if I'm on I'll get you some starter stuff.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

nyro posted:

I would LOVE to exp on kunark if we can get a group of goons to bring with us. Kunark is a much better exp path with zero griefing, but it's impossible to find enough people for a pub group even if you have a porting alt (I do)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

We did Seb keys tonight, got Heshling, Kuraii, Mistey, Niedar, Xblade, and an EL cleric Brojob keyed. Super easy to do, and will be returning to farm that cycle for the real drops.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

DeathSandwich posted:

When the Hole went live on p99, Transatlantic Rampage did exactly this on top of a competing guild that had crawled down. It was glorious.

cinder
Aug 25, 2000
I abandoned my mage, Moniker, a while back but I rolled a gnome cleric on red last night and hit 8. I'll be on tonite in Crushbone if anyone wants to group. New toon is named Sobriquet

cinder fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 8, 2014

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Killer - Killer's Guild - The Dead - The Dead's Guild - Zone
Beiz - SLAMDUNKATRON - Vpbot - - Dagnor's Cauldron

I bought Hardon's gear from Naix so he didn't need to sell it to pubbies and put it on my level level 22 iksar SK. He'll live in unrest for awhile, so if anyone is xping and has pk problems i'll swap over to help.

This guy justly earned my first kill. First his name, also he was stupidly twinked enchanter, but mostly because I went to camp and he kept me mezzed 5 minutes straight telling me I'm not allowed to camp. Apparently he didn't factor in I might have HT up. Oops.

Funkutron5000
Jan 21, 2010
You can jump into the hole without a DA, too. I don't think I've ever died from the jump down, and I've done it more times without DA than I have with.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Funkutron5000 posted:

You can jump into the hole without a DA, too. I don't think I've ever died from the jump down, and I've done it more times without DA than I have with.

I think the secret is to get a bunch of copper first, then you'll live.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Version 2 of my map tool is ready for download:

http://www.zlizeq.com/Files/ZlizEQP1999Map-v2.zip

Changelist:
  • Added two alternative maps for Southern Plains of Karana suitable for Quillmane farming.
  • Added missing Grobb map.
  • Fixed incorrect Crushbone zone name which caused a crash.
  • Added a Settings & About button in the bottom right corner which opens a form where you can adjust some core settings, find help, and read some About info.
  • Added a "Wiki" link next to the zone combobox which can be clicked to open the zone's page on the P1999 Wiki. If the page does not exist, simply create a redirect page on the Wiki to make it work.
I've also made a big readme document here:

http://www.zlizeq.com/Files/ZlizEQP1999Map-Readme.html

The source code is now available at: https://www.zlizeq.com/Files/ZlizEQP1999Map-Src.zip

Enjoy!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pillow Armadillo posted:

When the Hole went live on p99, Transatlantic Rampage did exactly this on top of a competing guild that had crawled down. It was glorious.

I've moved a cleric to rez your chanter in Unrest.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

onesixtwo posted:

Killer - Killer's Guild - The Dead - The Dead's Guild - Zone
Beiz - SLAMDUNKATRON - Vpbot - - Dagnor's Cauldron

I bought Hardon's gear from Naix so he didn't need to sell it to pubbies and put it on my level level 22 iksar SK. He'll live in unrest for awhile, so if anyone is xping and has pk problems i'll swap over to help.

This guy justly earned my first kill. First his name, also he was stupidly twinked enchanter, but mostly because I went to camp and he kept me mezzed 5 minutes straight telling me I'm not allowed to camp. Apparently he didn't factor in I might have HT up. Oops.

DOT yourself and he can't mez you

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

^^^^ gently caress, that is brilliant.

Fear trash with Eternal Light, we were the XP group, and we won the most loot. We literally won the raid.

Grats to Taec (loving loot whore), Minamata (dat agi), Heshling (seriously only rogue in a fear raid?!), and myself (that lovely whip is an epic piece). Latege and Glowerin were also in attendance, and we were grouped with Jinouga.

edit the third: I'll post tomorrow with more specifics, but Eternal Light is willing to accept any of our members interested in doing endgame dungeons / raids. I'll have an officer character in EL to help the process, and to make sure if there is anyone else that wants to tag up is able to. EL members will be asked to not pk SLAMDUNKATRON tags, as they are effectively considering us allies at this point, so try doing the same so I don't have to deal with diplomacy bullshit.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Oct 31, 2014

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Eternal Light is cool dudes. Several of their members gave me spare gear out of the blue, without me even asking for it. I chatted one of them up after he donated me some gear and he told me to hit him up again once I made it to the high 40's for a tag. I'm really glad we are going with them.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
EL talkin bout havin no rogues made my loot-pussy get all wet

Yeah a good time last night, nice to see that they're competent without being obnoxious. Any concerns I might've had about the merger were put to rest last night.

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know
That's a pretty sweet haul for a short time in fear. I'm looking forward to participating in the future.

In other news, I've decided to hole myself up in Dalnir for a little while to get crescent slippers and leggings. If any monks want to come down, I have to kill all the other kly too, so headbands, gloves, arms, and the gi are up for grabs. The legs are especially good because they put WIS instead of STR on the shiverback legs: http://wiki.project1999.com/Shiverback-hide_Leggings.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
I almost feel like I should have searched here knowing there would have been others, I have been playing on P99's red server for over a year now. I mostly play Push or Jupe and am in the guild Gods Work, My brother is also in the same guild and he plays Agatha/Zooey. I have a SK I have been leveling up but stopped to help power level my brothers new cleric to get into my range to group together.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Pwnz0r posted:

I almost feel like I should have searched here knowing there would have been others, I have been playing on P99's red server for over a year now. I mostly play Push or Jupe and am in the guild Gods Work, My brother is also in the same guild and he plays Agatha/Zooey. I have a SK I have been leveling up but stopped to help power level my brothers new cleric to get into my range to group together.

God's Work are good people. I've xp'd a lot with Jeric (know his cleric from when I first started, super helpful dude), have grouped with Zooey briefly on my cleric Inae, and spent a lot of time chatting with Bloodsugar / Loudog. Rarely see many around though, as you guys mostly are around KC / 50+ areas i'd imagine.

If you ever need an alt tagged somewhere, feel free. I think you (or your brother?) reached out to me while I was on Inae. Either way, funny to learn Agatha is a goon, we should have known from the posting.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Anyone with a HS key able to evac? I'm trapped inside because retarded.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Ashenden posted:

Anyone with a HS key able to evac? I'm trapped inside because retarded.

I think kean is keyed, I'll log him in and check. Otherwise, Rizen is our only other porter.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Spied my little corpse yet? I had the brilliant idea that it would be safe on entry, turns out this was a terrible assumption. :argh:

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

shirunei posted:

Spied my little corpse yet? I had the brilliant idea that it would be safe on entry, turns out this was a terrible assumption. :argh:

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 31, 2014

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005

onesixtwo posted:

God's Work are good people. I've xp'd a lot with Jeric (know his cleric from when I first started, super helpful dude), have grouped with Zooey briefly on my cleric Inae, and spent a lot of time chatting with Bloodsugar / Loudog. Rarely see many around though, as you guys mostly are around KC / 50+ areas i'd imagine.

If you ever need an alt tagged somewhere, feel free. I think you (or your brother?) reached out to me while I was on Inae. Either way, funny to learn Agatha is a goon, we should have known from the posting.

Yeah he was the one that reached out, I didn't know until he told me. Good to see some of the names ive read in the previous posts are goons =) I came across that group being PLed in unrest while on my druid to port someone, And while it is a red server I don't feel the need to get yellowtext so bad as to PK 2 people PLing a level 30 group =P. My SK is currently untagged although I have him parked up at naggys spawn but I can always flop out or get ported somewhere. GW guild is mostly made up of a small tight knit group of ex-nihilum and a few non nihilum players who were close together already before nihilum was force disbanded by the staff due to Nizzars actions. We have about 25 active players but most of us have 1 or 2 characters with the best possible gear so some find it boring to login unless its on an alt or there is pvp going down. I know personally between my brother and I we have a 60 of every class(including primal shaman buff bot, and cleric buff/rez bots parked in a few spots to help).

Just recently took our main port druid to 54 and epic'd her out and slapped some pvp gear on for resists, So we decided to level a new druid and an extra cleric mainly because there can never be enough porters available on red and new clerics just make more groups possible. Would def like to get tagged on either my new druid I leveled to port people or my SK or both whichever, and get to know people more.

I haven't read too many pages back but I feel some of the other posters on how hard it is starting up a new guild, especially when you get a wave of new players and you help PL/gear them out even if some of it is low level gear. Only for them to quit a few days later because they got PK'd, Or they get poached by another guild because reasons list from I want to see end game content/I want pixels/etc.

On that note, Rizen! Did you fall asleep or something at your bind the other day on top of kc?

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

onesixtwo posted:

God's Work are good people.

My only encounters with them other than Loudog (didn't know he was with GW, he's untagged isn't he?) have been them helping to keep us out of KC.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 1, 2014

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Loudog is not in GW, and as far as I know he sides with Azrael now whereas he used to be neutral and helped whoever benefited him the most(he would stack up corpses in seb to rez and pay/clarity for it). Also one of the main problems is on red, New guilds/people people generally if you know they aren't with you they are the other side. There are very few 'neutral' people, since once your 50+ especially people tend you label you and your guild as the enemy. Much like with Eternal Light even though it has only a couple Azrael alts, Holo and most other people view it as entirely azrael so its usually KOS same with slosh. Up until now I had zero idea what side slamdunkatron was on if any I figured neut but others jump to conclusions quickly on the server regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
Indeed, we have been called Azarael alts/feeder as well.

• Locked thread