Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I had a huge crush on Charlote from her first episode of NYPD Blue so I' all about this casting. She's still stunning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Drifter posted:

Blah blah blah it is two things unrelated but merged by internet hyperbole and lack of filter.

She WAS a lovely character. Given lovely stories and lovely lines. For more than a season. That is how people now her. It will take longer than two episodes to get people on board.

Yeah agreed, person who's spiraling into depression is a way shittier story than person who does backflips.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - there's this thing called implementation of ideas.

Jesus Christ why is milfTits mcSmoak wearing lingerie/cocktail dress at her daughter's work?

God drat, was the McQeen mom the only decently dressed mom in this place?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

^^^ - there's this thing called implementation of ideas.

Jesus Christ why is milfTits mcSmoak wearing lingerie/cocktail dress at her daughter's work?

God drat, was the McQeen mom the only decently dressed mom in this place?

I'd bet the way she dresses is a subplot. Also Ms Ross is a very well endowed lady so that kind of dress would show off her assets more than other actresses.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

If Katie Cassidy had the fore-thought to put some video of her break-dancing on youtube a few years ago, she'd have wisely avoided all this goon-rage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

If Katie Cassidy had the fore-thought to put some video of her break-dancing on youtube a few years ago, she'd have wisely avoided all this goon-rage.

She's doing her best now Seriously, follow er on Facebook, she's always at the gym. Or hanging out with Paul and Willa. I really like that the cast are all buddies.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Felicity walks in on Ollie having sex with her mom in the arrow cave.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She's doing her best now Seriously, follow er on Facebook, she's always at the gym. Or hanging out with Paul and Willa. I really like that the cast are all buddies.

Yeah there is absolutely no reason that she has to work as hard as she is when they could just use stunt people. I think she's probably doing it because everyone else works out so hard so she's following their example. So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt with the Canary transition.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
who are paul and willa?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Even money says Mrs Smoak does try to seduce Oliver.

zoux posted:

Yeah there is absolutely no reason that she has to work as hard as she is when they could just use stunt people. I think she's probably doing it because everyone else works out so hard so she's following their example. So I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt with the Canary transition.

This is why I'm giving her so much slack, she's working her rear end off to live up to what Amell is doing.

Drifter posted:

who are paul and willa?

:getout:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

greatn posted:

While Radioactive plays?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

:laugh:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

While Radioactive plays?

She's 23 years older, so it would be Come as You Are

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Drifter posted:

Now we know why Felicity thought that dress was right for trivia night!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't like how Sara used sex as a defence mechanism.

That was kind of gross.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't like how Sara used sex as a defence mechanism.

That was kind of gross.

She should have had sex with those arrows then. Maybe she'd still be alive.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wanna see Ollie use sex as a weapon, now.

Y'know...for equity's sake.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

He already did that. His sex killed Tommy.

Uh, not directly.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

He already did that. His sex killed Tommy.

Uh, not directly.

Detective, we're not sure how or why, but something poked all these holes into Tommy Merlyn.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Phylodox posted:

He'll use sex as a commodity. "I don't know about superior archery skills, but I got a way for you to earn some money, Mr. Queen."

Granny Goodness, confirmed for second half of season 3.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know having gotten in this show this season and watching the last season I was really missing out.

Knowing how many Spartacus actors on this show I kind of hope that Todd Lasance ends up on this show or the Flash.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xealot posted:

He'll use sex as a commodity. "I don't know about superior archery skills, but I got a way for you to earn some money, Mr. Queen."

Granny Goodness, confirmed for second half of season 3.

Played again by Ed Asner.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hollismason posted:

This is such a loving weird picture because seriously how old is her mom suppose to be

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/31/arrow-first-look-at-felicity-smoaks-mom/

Woah, Charlotte Ross is 46 , holy crap she must have access to a Lazarus pit.

That is appropriate attire for meeting your estranged daughter.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
CW always knows how to dress a MILF

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

CW always knows how to dress a MILF

It's so rare for them to have any woman over the age of 35 on the network I'm sure they just accidentally went overboard.

RIP classy milfs (Lorelai Gilmore).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hahahaha

She's dressed like Death from Sandman.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
College Felicity does indeed look SUPER boring and cliche, yeah. :sigh:

When I first saw the shots of her for the next episode I just had to roll my eyes.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Hollismason posted:

This is such a loving weird picture because seriously how old is her mom suppose to be

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/31/arrow-first-look-at-felicity-smoaks-mom/

Woah, Charlotte Ross is 46 , holy crap she must have access to a Lazarus pit.

She's basically the same age as John Barrowman.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drifter posted:

When I first saw the shots of her for the next episode I just had to roll my eyes.

I like Goth/Emo chicks, they gets down.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rocksicles posted:

I like Goth/Emo chicks, they gets down.

Pink hair and cigarettes pretty much mean they're DTF and they hate one or both of their parents and crave something to fill that emotional void.

But I'm just saying it's a boring design. I'm very surprised they didn't have that bird outline necklace instead of that ankh.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Not a fan of Neil Gaiman I see.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Nov 1, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

Not a fan of Neil Gaiman I see.

Death was Death. That necklace does not a Death make. And she never had a vest. Jacket or tank top...or Victorian era dress/ballerina skirt or somesuch.

This is just either a boring, unimaginative homage, or a boring unimaginative lazy generalization. I'm not broken up about it, idgaf, but it's a missed opportunity they had to really play with a style, and they chose to sit on the sidelines.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Nov 1, 2014

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's called an in-joke. The only point is that literally every comic reader will look at her outfit and think "Lol, she's dressed as Death."

That's it. That's the entire point.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BrianWilly posted:

It's called an in-joke. The only point is that literally every comic reader will look at her outfit and think "Lol, she's dressed as Death."

That's it. That's the entire point.

lazy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Annoying.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Drifter posted:

Death was Death. That necklace does not a Death make. And she never had a vest. Jacket or tank top...or Victorian era dress/ballerina skirt or somesuch.

This is just either a boring, unimaginative homage, or a boring unimaginative lazy generalization. I'm not broken up about it, idgaf, but it's a missed opportunity they had to really play with a style, and they chose to sit on the sidelines.

You clearly do, in fact, give a gently caress.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Drifter posted:

Welcome to like 3/4ths of all people in college, ever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't simultaneously call something a lazy homage and get mad about what's different.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Drifter posted:

Death, in fact, had a tank top. Just not a belly shirt. Hell, all that picture of Felicity is missing is the umbrella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Have any of you considered that Felicity is actually Death taking a vacation :tinfoil:

• Locked thread