Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~

BabelFish posted:

Oh lordy, I bought the 99$ version for both PS4 AND PC last night? What was I thinking?! :negative:

I don't know what you were thinking champ, but that's definitely on the list of 'interesting decisions'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Preload is up on PC, 40ish gigs.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

hopterque posted:

Preload is up on PC, 40ish gigs.

Game is that many gigs to fit in all the verticality

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Call of Duty:Advanced Warfare-I bought the 99$ version for both PS4 and PC and all I got was this Doritos gun.

If there was actually a Doritos gun I would buy that.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

The Merry Marauder posted:

The neo-Vector is Akimbo only. Oh dear.

I will certainly have at least one Overkill class with Akimbo LMGs primary and Akimbo vectors secondary. I will Kim all the Bos.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Ah. Thought your name sounded familiar :)

I SELL COCAINE AND COCAINE ACCESSORIES

I remember that night. It was loving ridiculous. Also I may or may not have been high on cocaine while we were yelling that.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

A Dire Weresloth posted:

I will certainly have at least one Overkill class with Akimbo LMGs primary and Akimbo vectors secondary. I will Kim all the Bos.

You'd be a fool not to.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
oh my god, i've missed hearing all of this live in my ear. I cant wait to play now.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I just like that there's a "shoot while sprinting" perk I can run on my shotgun class to just Never Stop Murdering.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Nighthand posted:

I just like that there's a "shoot while sprinting" perk I can run on my shotgun class to just Never Stop Murdering.

*Laser Shotgun

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
I guess I'll bookmark this thread and talk to you fuckers again.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Knifegrab posted:

*Laser Shotgun

Man I want a laser shotgun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Laser shotguns are a bad idea and a sign this game will probably not be great.

C4-Sniping however keeps the game at a solid "fun as balls"

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Laser shotguns are a bad idea and a sign this game will probably not be great.

C4-Sniping however keeps the game at a solid "fun as balls"

What do you have against laser shotguns what is wrong with you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do the laser shotguns still fall off early?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

anuj posted:

I don't know what you were thinking champ, but that's definitely on the list of 'interesting decisions'.
I thought the traditional CoD question was, 'What were you drinking?' :haw:

Aphrodite posted:

Do the laser shotguns still fall off early?
Depends if you're using duracell, or store brand.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
All the killstreaks along with module descriptions.

http://imgur.com/a/SQ9dV

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

look at that comically bad future a10 warthog

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Wazzit posted:

There's your 105mm on the Paladin as promised. Plus it comes with bonus Reaper attachment.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

The Merry Marauder posted:

There's your 105mm on the Paladin as promised. Plus it comes with bonus Reaper attachment.

:getin:

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

With wingman, another person can!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

BabelFish posted:

Call of Booty: Sexual Warfare.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I like that the "care package trap" option is still a real care package for your team but a bomb for the enemy team.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

bear is driving! posted:

I remember that night. It was loving ridiculous. Also I may or may not have been high on cocaine while we were yelling that.

That may have been what started all of it, actually.

Some of my favorite gaming moments in the past few years was getting blackout drunk and playing all the different CoDs with you fuckers.

And then we moved onto RDR and Stu's professor role play and the bear corralling.

:allears: good times.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nighthand posted:

I like that the "care package trap" option is still a real care package for your team but a bomb for the enemy team.

Let me tell you how much I love fake care packages.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

BabelFish posted:

I'll only accept if the scepter is a Mountain Dew can duct-taped to a broom handle toilet plunger.
You're gonna need it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Everyone is going to be using low profile and blind eye, i just loving know it.

A lot of the perks are dog poo poo, too. Hmm i could get a bigger mini-map or I could be immune to every single score streak in the entire game, decisions, decisions. Gun Ho looks alright though.

I think the Tier 3 perks are the only ones where some sacrifice needs to be made, they are all really good.

Big fan of the extra score streak wild card, going to using that bad boy.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CheeseFactory posted:

Everyone is going to be using low profile and blind eye, i just loving know it.

A lot of the perks are dog poo poo, too. Hmm i could get a bigger mini-map or I could be immune to every single score streak in the entire game, decisions, decisions. Gun Ho looks alright though.

I think the Tier 3 perks are the only ones where some sacrifice needs to be made, they are all really good.

Big fan of the extra score streak wild card, going to using that bad boy.

That goes without saying. If there are stealth perks in game then people are going to use them.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa

BabelFish posted:

ViciousV
Jun 1, 2004

So my pre-load download finished on PS4 but it was only around 7 gigs. Does that mean the rest of the game becomes available at launch or what?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fibby Boy posted:

That goes without saying. If there are stealth perks in game then people are going to use them.

Yeah well, that's my point. If you give me the choice between a cheeseburger or a turd, I'm going to grab the burger.

ViciousV posted:

So my pre-load download finished on PS4 but it was only around 7 gigs. Does that mean the rest of the game becomes available at launch or what?

I think multi-player is 7 GB, once that's done downloading it will do the rest, mine is showing 43GB worth.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 1, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Highlight the game, hit Options, Information. You'll see the rest of the download there, most likely. You only see the loading bar for the initial part needed to start it up.

ViciousV
Jun 1, 2004

Ah I see. Right on, thanks :)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah well, that's my point. If you give me the choice between a cheeseburger or a turd, I'm going to grab the burger.

I think multi-player is 7 GB, once that's done downloading it will do the rest, mine is showing 43GB worth.

Look at this scrub picking a cheeseburger over a turd.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Wazzit posted:

http://imgur.com/a/SQ9dV
As someone who's equal parts terrible at the game, and using string between two cans as a connection, the support penalties are pretty nasty. :( They do seem to have baked in a lot of 'old' streaks into each the new which is pretty cool though. Like being able to turn your care package into a trap if the enemy team try to steal it.

And as far as stealth perks go, they're always going to be broken as hell. Shooting someone in the back before they have a clue you're there is always going to trump anything else.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

GameStop left me a message and this is what I got with the transcript.

quote:

Hello this is Amber from game stop calling with some great news. This Sunday game stop where we staying open late the special lunch event for college event-warfare-day(?) zero. You can go to your game stop to finalize your transaction early and then pick up your game when the official launch-time(?) arrived. Many of our locations will kick off the lunch party is at 9 PM. "

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I'm glad GameStop offers Second Lunch at 9pm. It's a special event!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Really digging all the customization in the scorestreaks. The way they implement support streak modifiers is really smart. Ghosts had an extremely boring set of streaks, so seeing all this customization and variety is exciting. I was reading that you can have up to 3 modules on one streak? So on top of the 950 for a Paladin I need 300 additional for 105mm rounds? So something around 12 kills for a Future-130.

And it's 200 additional points for Wingman bringing it to 1450 or around 14 kills if I want someone else to leach kills off me so.... :frogout:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Poor Amber has the shittiest job :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Doritos and mountain dew for everyone!

• Locked thread