Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

This is so so soooo good :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

MikeJF posted:

I assume it's the figure Forge talks about here.

I think she also came up in the discussion between Doorman and the spirit possessing Max. I get the impression she hasn't been introduced yet, but may be related to the Mayview Mystery.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously though anybody know why the gifs turned out so awful? i'm using gimp if that's important

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Tollymain posted:

seriously though anybody know why the gifs turned out so awful? i'm using gimp if that's important

Make sure you switch to RGB mode before doing any resizing, GIMP will screw up and alias index-encoded images when you resize.

If those gifs are animated, don't forget to optimize the final version to save space.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

it done updated

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Roobanguy posted:

it done updated

Link that poo poo yo.

Alt text: WORLD RENOWNED PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I wonder how many times Agent Day is gonna leave people hanging.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just got the first panel joke.

Holy poo poo :lol: Ed is the best.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just got the first panel joke.

Holy poo poo :lol: Ed is the best.

Isabel responds appropriately, of course.

Zarei caused so much trouble there for responding to a minor slight.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

For a moment I thought agent day was wearing a strange mask on panel 4. Who were those guys again?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

He didn't destroy the stowaway, did he? He plinked it, presumably it respawned, then he got caught up being tsundere with Forge.

Stop lying all the time, Rick :saddowns:

e:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm curious about the look Isabel and Max give Spender in panel 3. As far as they know he left the train to track down that dog that got away, but then again he looks a little too worked over for it to have just been that, and obviously he makes no mention of the crazy abomination that tried to claw its way out of his chest. He hasn't explained that to the kids yet either, maybe those two are feeling antsy about keeping his secret and not speaking up.

Looks like Day's a fan of Zarei's work, this might be good for learning more about the Consortium.

I love all the stuff Zack has going on in the background. Max noticing Isaac's slight resentfulness, for example.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wish there was a wallpaper sized version of the DBZ part of this panel because :lol:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

scalded schlong posted:

He didn't destroy the stowaway, did he? He plinked it, presumably it respawned, then he got caught up being tsundere with Forge.

Stop lying all the time, Rick :saddowns:

In addition, I don't think Spender even knows that the stowaways respawn. He hasn't spoken to the kids about it yet, and his whole encounter with Forge was a setup.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's looking depressingly likely that there won't be any consequences for Spender even though one member of his team didn't make it back. ::::(

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

It's looking depressingly likely that there won't be any consequences for Spender even though one member of his team didn't make it back. ::::(

I really want Isabel to tear him a new one. If any of the kids might she might right now.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

I doubt that. Pretty sure Isabel doesn't blame anyone for Eightfold but herself.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rand Brittain posted:

Like this was the first time that happened. :rolleyes:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Supposedly the Consortium doesn't really respect spirits as sentient beings. We don't know how much Spender is like that, he could consider this as just "you lost your weapon".

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

Supposedly the Consortium doesn't really respect spirits as sentient beings. We don't know how much Spender is like that, he could consider this as just "you lost your weapon".

Just a weapon...

just a book...

:negative:

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!

Paul.Power posted:

In fact, Johnny and his gang are the first set of bullies in a work of fiction that I've actually liked :allears:.

Totally, and I've been meaning to post this. "Schoolyard bully" is such a phoned-in archetype most of the time that I'm so pleased that Johnny actually has a personality that doesn't make me question why he has friends. Bonus points if we discover that his home life is relatively normal*.

*For Mayview, at least. But no bad/neglectful family.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Ed and Isabel run such a good straightman/foil operation :allears:

Jumping on the "hope we get to see more of Dr Zarei" train. Obviously she's a useful device as a Scully in a world of Mulders, but I feel like Zack isn't content with keeping her personality confined to Boring Explication Vehicle.

snucks fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 1, 2014

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I think I saw Zack mention on Tumblr that Zarei will be pretty important. I'm excited to learn more about her! Tho maybe not as much as Agent Day.

Also her excuse for sending the train out early seems kind of fishy. Less like a prank and more like a way to screw Spender over, although she does claim ignorance to why Day is there. Maybe she's the angel woman Forge was talking about. If so the look she gives Spender when hearing about monsters is interesting.

e: Also her "plucked and ruffled" comment might be referring to his birdy spirit fusion? Maybe she knows more than she lets on somehow.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 1, 2014

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ProfZoom posted:

Totally, and I've been meaning to post this. "Schoolyard bully" is such a phoned-in archetype most of the time that I'm so pleased that Johnny actually has a personality that doesn't make me question why he has friends. Bonus points if we discover that his home life is relatively normal*.

*For Mayview, at least. But no bad/neglectful family.

Nah, there's really no malice in Johnny's actions. He doesn't punch nerds because of issues at home or because he has some kind of deep-seated hatred, he punches nerds because punching nerds is a blast and he loves it.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Remember that Spender and Zarei were arguing (in a friendly, "professional" manner) just as they were boarding the train. It totally makes sense that Zarei would follow up with a retributive prank.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

Nah, there's really no malice in Johnny's actions. He doesn't punch nerds because of issues at home or because he has some kind of deep-seated hatred, he punches nerds because punching nerds is a blast and he loves it.

My favorite Johnny moment is still him giving Max change for a dollar when he takes the fifty cents from him after their fight.

Beating up nerds is his business, and Johnny just loves his job.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Zerilan posted:

My favorite Johnny moment is still him giving Max change for a dollar when he takes the fifty cents from him after their fight.

Beating up nerds is his business, and Johnny just loves his job.

I always figured that that was the stealthy, schoolyard method of collecting extortion money - check out Max using his hat as a shield to disguise the fact that he's only getting two quarters back in case any teachers are watching.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alopex posted:

I always figured that that was the stealthy, schoolyard method of collecting extortion money - check out Max using his hat as a shield to disguise the fact that he's only getting two quarters back in case any teachers are watching.

Nah, that was just Johnny being a man of principle. Fifty cents was the tally owed so he will collect fifty cents, and not a ha'penny more.

He might be a bully, but Johnny has nothing against the lesser folk. He thinks they're the great.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It's really hard for me to pick between Johnny and Isabel for best character, and there's a ridiculously close competition for runner up. This comic, guys. :allears:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

theshim posted:

It's really hard for me to pick between Johnny and Isabel for best character, and there's a ridiculously close competition for runner up. This comic, guys. :allears:

Mr. Starchman is objectively the best character and I will hear nothing otherwise. :colbert:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I'm confused as to why this "best character" debate so rarely includes Boss Leader

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Suzy's not my favorite but she's definitely top tier. Not enough Suzy love

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Fecha posted:

I'm confused as to why this "best character" debate so rarely includes Boss Leader

Probably because BL's relatively recent, and in relatively few pages. Personally, I find it easier to just based on who's not awesome. I think that list is pretty much... PJ... Maybe some of the random few school mates we've seen in passing glances... uh, who else... Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
PJ is awesome though. And I'm prepared for Cody being stealth interesting. Lisa's kinda eh, though.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Luneshot posted:

Mr. Starchman is objectively the best character and I will hear nothing otherwise. :colbert:

We don't count Starchman because he is objectively the best. If we didn't put him on his own level there would be nothing to talk about

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Probably Magic posted:

PJ is awesome though. And I'm prepared for Cody being stealth interesting. Lisa's kinda eh, though.
I spent a hefty chunk of the comic early days thinking Cody was a girl.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Haven't done fanart in a while, so here ya guys go. (Evil Twin) Johnny totally :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow that was quite the thing you just said Day :haw:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Update.

"Chest wound? I hate chest wounds!"

Are Zarei and Spender in cahoots? I got the impression they were standoffish. She certainly seems interested in what may have happened to Spender's chest, but she may not want to pursue it while Day's here and listening in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Being in cahoots doesn't mean they have to like each other.