Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Picture request from a GM -

i need a picture that looks like this
1. muscular but not overly so. thin or gaunt would be fine
2. irezumi. needs yakuza tatts
3. wielding nunchucks
4. mohawk
5. nose-ring

Anyone have anything close?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

fatherdog posted:

Picture request from a GM -

i need a picture that looks like this
1. muscular but not overly so. thin or gaunt would be fine
2. irezumi. needs yakuza tatts
3. wielding nunchucks
4. mohawk
5. nose-ring

Anyone have anything close?

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
I have a request, I need the biggest skeleton monster you can find. One titan skeleton, or a composite of like a billion little skeletons works, just so long as its a really big loving skeleton thing.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
THE FOLLOWING POST IS RATED S FOR SKELETONS

Helldozer from MtG is half-skeleton on his mom's side:

Carnage Gladiator from MtG:

This guy

Lord Marrowgar from WoW:

And of course, real fuckin' Nito:

Majuju fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 28, 2014

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
This picture is by Christian Bravery, which is the guy's name and not some Christian support website.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bolshevik skeletons!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

whoda thunkit posted:

Great work, I like the coloring and imperial look of the character. I think you could make it look a little less flat by adding some perspective to the seat. Just a couple parallel lines on the arms and legs might work. But thanks for sharing your work.

Thanks!

I actually went back over the shadows and such a couple days ago:

The seat is still pretty uninteresting but it's not as prominent here so it doesn't stick out so much.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Hurrah for skeleton!

homerlaw fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 28, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

homerlaw posted:

Hurrah for skeleton!

Friend ahead, Try rolling.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Clipperton posted:

If anyone's got any Wuxia/Chinese fantasy stuff (particularly non-cheesecakey female warriors) that would be awesome!

I found these while looking for stuff for my lady ninja character a while back.

I'm pretty sure the last one is actually cyberpunk (she's wearing dog tags, and there are skyscrapers in the background), but at smaller sizes its not really noticeable.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009

I'll always have a special spot in my heart for David A Trampier's work. It really captured me as a kid when I stumbled upon my dad's old AD&D books in our dank basement. I collected a bunch of his stuff as tattoo reference when I was planning out my sleeve and figured I'd dump it here. You've probably seen all these a million times but whatever show the man some love.

Not Tampier but So GOOD

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Does anyone have any dinosaur wizards, sorcerers, shamans, witches, warlocks, druids, arcanists, thaumaturgists, necromancers, seers, oracles, hierophants, or general magic-users?
I just want a T-rex with a spellbook or a sauropod casting magic missiles or something.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Drakyn posted:

Does anyone have any dinosaur wizards, sorcerers, shamans, witches, warlocks, druids, arcanists, thaumaturgists, necromancers, seers, oracles, hierophants, or general magic-users?
I just want a T-rex with a spellbook or a sauropod casting magic missiles or something.

DINOSAUR WARLOCK

DINOSAUR WARLOCK FANART

Something from the AD&D 2E Monstrous Compendium:

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
It might not be the dinosaur casting spells, but it's still badass.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Drakyn posted:

This is relevant to my interests. I'm sure I have the original of my forum image around somewhere.

From whatever MM supplement Saurials were in.

theironjef fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 28, 2014

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I don't know what that instrument is but it's amazing.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I don't know what that instrument is but it's amazing.

It's like something from Escher. The bell in the back is in front of the middle bell. Not to mention it's geometrically impossible for them to flare out like that when they're joined at the base.

Knucklebear
Apr 19, 2005
LOVE DAT! So much good nostalgia wrapped up in his work! When I see those pictures I'm transported to my older cousin's house where we'd look through his AD&D books for hours.

Also, gotta love Emrikol the Chaotic!!!

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I found these while looking for stuff for my lady ninja character a while back.

I'm pretty sure the last one is actually cyberpunk (she's wearing dog tags, and there are skyscrapers in the background), but at smaller sizes its not really noticeable.

Awesome! I really like the second one. They're a bit more Japanese than Chinese, but so is most of the character art I've been looking at. There is an absolute poo poo-ton of ninja and samurai art out there but not a lot of wuxia stuff :(

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Clipperton posted:

If anyone's got any Wuxia/Chinese fantasy stuff (particularly non-cheesecakey female warriors) that would be awesome!

You've probably seen these before, but this ROTK fansite has the character portraits from almost all the games. Not very big, but very pretty.

http://kongming.net/portraits/

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Saurial paladin.

If you want Dino people, search for "saurial":

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

If you want Dino people, search for "saurial":
I was more specifically looking for full-sized non-anthropomorphic dinosaurs, but given how awesome everything that popped up on this page was I'm not about to nitpick. Especially Dinosaur Warlock.

Thanks guys. And Dinosaur Warlock.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Clipperton posted:

Awesome! I really like the second one. They're a bit more Japanese than Chinese, but so is most of the character art I've been looking at. There is an absolute poo poo-ton of ninja and samurai art out there but not a lot of wuxia stuff :(

I found a lot of stuff that looked like it could be Chinese or Korean, at least for anyone who could make the distinction. I got a number of good results by searching for "kunoichi" (the Japanese term for female ninja) on places like Pintrest and Deviant Art, so you might get something by searching for... The anglicized Chinese words for 'woman warrior'? Maybe? :shobon:

Drakyn posted:

:confused:

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Beef Hardcheese posted:

I found a lot of stuff that looked like it could be Chinese or Korean, at least for anyone who could make the distinction. I got a number of good results by searching for "kunoichi" (the Japanese term for female ninja) on places like Pintrest and Deviant Art, so you might get something by searching for... The anglicized Chinese words for 'woman warrior'? Maybe? :shobon:

Yeah, "nüxia" is the word, but it doesn't turn up much. However, "Chinese warrior woman" (which I really should have thought of) does have some decent results (among a shitload of katanas). Thanks!

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Thanks, the first one is likely as close as he's going to get without commissioning something.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

homerlaw posted:

I have a request, I need the biggest skeleton monster you can find. One titan skeleton, or a composite of like a billion little skeletons works, just so long as its a really big loving skeleton thing.

More zombies than skeletons, but its close and one of the better mtg arts in recent years.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Drakyn posted:

It's neat when people ask for my pictures =)

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

It's neat when people ask for my pictures =)

And it's neat when you give them to people! As a topical thanks, have a Spinosaurus from All Your Yesterdays that might not strictly be 'fantasy' art, but certainly is a fantastical take on it.

Look at him. Write 'believed to undoubtedly be the creation of some lunatic mage' underneath the image and he's straight out of the AD&D Monster Manual.

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Happy Halloween!
I'm starting as a player in an Underdark campaign soon. Let's see some pictures of horrific giant spiders and other insectoid monsters!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have no idea what this is, but I'm going to read it.

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 1, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

I have no idea what this is, but I'm going to read it.

Your link is broken, but that woman is insane.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Likewise, I am eagerly awaiting this masterpiece.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

The art on that book looks like it's by the same person who does the Guild Wars 2 art.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Drakyn posted:

And it's neat when you give them to people! As a topical thanks, have a Spinosaurus from All Your Yesterdays that might not strictly be 'fantasy' art, but certainly is a fantastical take on it.

Look at him. Write 'believed to undoubtedly be the creation of some lunatic mage' underneath the image and he's straight out of the AD&D Monster Manual.

Is that a dinosaur with an elephant trunk?!

The world needs more dinosaurs with elephant trunks (apparently).

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Is that a dinosaur with an elephant trunk?!

The world needs more dinosaurs with elephant trunks (apparently).
If you seriously want to see some other pretty weird stuff, go download the book - the entire point is of it is paleoart showing dinosaurs as we don't usually illustrate them/in situations they aren't usually depicted in/both. It's a sequel made entirely with fan-submitted art so it's got a more uneven quality curve than the first book (I think this is probably one of the best pieces), but it's still pretty great.
Also, it's free (with optional donation). Free adds a lot of quality points.
Here, have a little thought experiment from the first book: a modern-day baboon illustrated using the principles it's criticizing in dinosaur art. A body like shrink-wrap over a skeleton!

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Drakyn posted:

If you seriously want to see some other pretty weird stuff, go download the book - the entire point is of it is paleoart showing dinosaurs as we don't usually illustrate them/in situations they aren't usually depicted in/both. It's a sequel made entirely with fan-submitted art so it's got a more uneven quality curve than the first book (I think this is probably one of the best pieces), but it's still pretty great.
Also, it's free (with optional donation). Free adds a lot of quality points.
Here, have a little thought experiment from the first book: a modern-day baboon illustrated using the principles it's criticizing in dinosaur art. A body like shrink-wrap over a skeleton!

Jesus christ if I saw that in person I would just straight up die.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

homerlaw posted:

Jesus christ if I saw that in person I would just straight up die.

assuming it didn't kill you first, at least.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Stallion Cabana posted:

assuming it didn't kill you first, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3hX1VtgFw

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

How many stuntmen died making this? I'd say over 80, because primates are the loving terror of the earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

darthbob88 posted:

I have to find a copy of a book I had a while ago... I had a picture of two prehistoric humans hiding behind a rock while a T-Rex with a laser attached to its head walked in the background menacingly.