Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Crappy Jack posted:

Standby mode has been kinda hosed for some people since the update.

Yeah I've had to hard reset my PS4 to turn it on ever since the last update came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So, the PS4 version of Lords of the Fallen is pretty rough, performance-wise? I want to favor the PS4 versions of games rather than the PC just for convenience's sake, but it's hard sometimes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, the PS4 version of Lords of the Fallen is pretty rough, performance-wise? I want to favor the PS4 versions of games rather than the PC just for convenience's sake, but it's hard sometimes.

If it eases your mind by all accounts the PC version is pretty fuckin rough too.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

If it eases your mind by all accounts the PC version is pretty fuckin rough too.
I guess it kinda does; I wasn't really sold on it completely anyway, so I think I will wait.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess it kinda does; I wasn't really sold on it completely anyway, so I think I will wait.

It's only three months till the real deal comes along.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Leyburn posted:

It's only three months till the real deal comes along.
Yeah, and a shitload of other games too. I didn't enjoy Dark Souls 2 nearly as much as 1, so I am not sure I will enjoy Bloodborne as much as say, Yakuza 0 or EDF4.1.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, and a shitload of other games too. I didn't enjoy Dark Souls 2 nearly as much as 1, so I am not sure I will enjoy Bloodborne as much as say, Yakuza 0 or EDF4.1.

You're not sure if you'll enjoy the game from the team that did Dark Souls 1 because you didn't like Dark Souls 2, which was done by a different team while the DS1 team made this one?

I'm not sure that makes total sense.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Cameo posted:

You're not sure if you'll enjoy the game from the team that did Dark Souls 1 because you didn't like Dark Souls 2, which was done by a different team while the DS1 team made this one?

I'm not sure that makes total sense.

Maybe he didn't realize DS2 was made by the B Team?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TaurusOxford posted:

Maybe he didn't realize DS2 was made by the B Team?
I knew it had a different director, but that's all.

edit: I still can't tell if Bloodborne is a game of the scope of Dark Souls 1, in terms of character customization and stuff.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 1, 2014

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Huh. I just figured anyone somewhat hooked into the series was aware of the whole "the team that made the first one and Demon's Souls are mostly involved elsewhere and this is another team in the studio" thing, since most DS fans are rather, er, devoted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Cameo posted:

Huh. I just figured anyone somewhat hooked into the series was aware of the whole "the team that made the first one and Demon's Souls are mostly involved elsewhere and this is another team in the studio" thing, since most DS fans are rather, er, devoted.
I wasn't hooked on the series; I thought both Demon's and DS2 were just okay, compared to Dark.

edit: but then, compared to a lot of people here, I wasn't so into Dark either. I mean, I only beat it twice I think, not hundreds of times or whatever. I've still only beaten Demon's and DS2 each once though.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 1, 2014

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm on the fence with Bloodborne. I know I'd be crazy into it and put a ton of hours. But I've yet to even beat a single Souls game despite owning it all. Which is kind of sad considering the 250 hour play time of DS1 on PC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ularg posted:

I'm on the fence with Bloodborne. I know I'd be crazy into it and put a ton of hours. But I've yet to even beat a single Souls game despite owning it all. Which is kind of sad considering the 250 hour play time of DS1 on PC.

Same, I like them in theory but I just don't have the time or the patience to actually finish one. At some point everything just becomes overwhelming and I put it down and never pick it up again.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

If you like Call of Duty, the new Call of Duty is Call of Duty. The small amount of campaign I played had impressive graphics but boring gameplay. Multiplayer only has a handful of people playing Team Deathmatch but it's a lot of fast fun coming out of Destiny.

The jetpack jumping is satisfying and all the future weapons are different enough.

There was a day 1 patch but I still experienced a few hitches, sound drops, and a lockup which required me to close the application. Oorah...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ularg posted:

Dark souls one is pretty tough if you can't parry.

Dark souls two, all of a sudden you get credits because some guy you summoned one shotted a boss that turned out to be the last one for some reason.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Checking in after playing Lords of the Fallen a few hours. It's no TLOU in performance but it's really not that noticeable. Very typical fantasy design which I happen to love. I was hating the game until I got some tips in the thread for it and it's really pretty drat fun. Has faults but it's a good competent game. I barely played the souls games at all for what that's worth.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

What's the PS4's minimum output? Because I just turned it on from rest mode and it entered a resolution that was definitely lower than 720p.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

al-azad posted:

What's the PS4's minimum output? Because I just turned it on from rest mode and it entered a resolution that was definitely lower than 720p.

480p NTSC / 576p PAL, depending on where you live in the world.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Yechezkel posted:

480p NTSC / 576p PAL, depending on where you live in the world.

Huh, didn't know it went that low.

Shoota_McG
Sep 8, 2004

al-azad posted:

Huh, didn't know it went that low.

It still has to work with old TVs.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea so I guess PS4 players hoping to play Evolve just got hosed.

Right when I said that I finally got a code, only took a long while.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 1, 2014

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ick! Tried everything everyone mentioned to stop the standby bug and it still messes up every other time. I hope they patch this ASAP. Advanced Warfare has some pretty dope graphics. The game is kinda what I wished Killzone was or what Ghosts should've been.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

Ick! Tried everything everyone mentioned to stop the standby bug and it still messes up every other time. I hope they patch this ASAP. Advanced Warfare has some pretty dope graphics. The game is kinda what I wished Killzone was or what Ghosts should've been.

Me too. I'm just glad i didn't buy the vita yet because i'm sure the bug fucks your chances of remote playing atm. xmas for sure though. gotta get my game on in the bathroom.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ularg posted:

Yea so I guess PS4 players hoping to play Evolve just got hosed.

Right when I said that I finally got a code, only took a long while.
I got an email tonight saying the PS4 alpha had been delayed, and then a different email a few minutes later saying I was accepted into the PC alpha :lol:

I seriously don't even remember if this game looks good or not. I just signed up for it and got in twice. Guess I'll try it out on PC and see how it is.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Evolve looks pretty uninteresting to me. Also seems like the kind of game you'll struggle to find people to play with after a month.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Captain Matchbox posted:

Evolve looks pretty uninteresting to me. Also seems like the kind of game you'll struggle to find people to play with after a month.
Well hopefully it'll be like Destiny/Battlefield Hardline where I find out that it's boring in the alpha/beta and am convinced I don't need to buy the game when it comes out.

Except I did buy Destiny. A gently used copy for cheaper than retail, but I still bought it.

:shepicide:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Except I did buy Destiny. A gently used copy for cheaper than retail, but I still bought it.

:shepicide:

I bought the expansion pass at the height of my Destiny enjoyment/addiction and now I wish I didn't. Especially if there's still no raid matchmaking and much fewer goons to play with.

I thought I could take advantage of the "spend $100 get $15 off" thing, but that was the only thing I bought.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Never buy a 'season pass' for a video game. No exceptions.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Captain Matchbox posted:

They never save you more than five bucks or something versus buying the DLCs all individually, right?

edit: either my PS3 or my PS4 just went "beep beep beep! beep beep beep!" (their beep sounds the same, which always annoyed me). I've never heard that from either of them. The PS3 is turned off and the PS4 is turned on and sitting at the home screen. Any ideas?

edit: it just did it again but this time the PS4 was in stand...er, rest mode.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Nov 1, 2014

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

The PS3/4 beep in general is annoying. It has the same tone as a fire alarm. Why couldn't it be a nice happy sound like the 360 Slim going di-ding.

:goonsay:

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Captain Matchbox posted:

Except Dark Souls 2. And Resogun.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The most annoying sound is the one that Share Factory makes after you finish rendering a video. It's this high pitch scratch noise that sounds like my speakers are loving up.

Ularg posted:

I'm giving Spelunky a good honest try and I totally get why the gameplay is fun. But man I just can't get past the art style. It just screams ugly to me even though it's not. It reminds me too much of Zoombinis.

I wish there was an option to have the classic pixel graphics

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

Taratang posted:

Except Dark Souls 2. And Resogun.

Agreed

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Also, never preorder anything ever (the DS exception works here also)
PSMania has some comparison images up of rear end:Unity Trailer vs Actual game that is pretty damning.
http://www.psmania.net/2014/10/assassins-creed-unity-bullshots-vs-in-game-graphics-comparison/
trailer

actual game

o.m. 94
Nov 23, 2009

To be fair it still looks pretty sick. The in game street shot has much more natural lighting and composition, for instance

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

:city taken over by mannequins with mush faces:
"The streets are so clean though"

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
Since we're dropping truthbombs: never buy an assassin'a creed game

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: either my PS3 or my PS4 just went "beep beep beep! beep beep beep!" (their beep sounds the same, which always annoyed me). I've never heard that from either of them. The PS3 is turned off and the PS4 is turned on and sitting at the home screen. Any ideas?

edit: it just did it again but this time the PS4 was in stand...er, rest mode.

Well gently caress mine's just started doing this too. It's not the issue where it's constantly ejecting, it's just beeping away cheerfully while in rest mode, not turning itself on or anything. There's nothing in the alerts either. Unplugging it overnight. If you suss it, please share!

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Captain Matchbox posted:

Since we're dropping truthbombs: never buy an assassin'a creed game

Buy Assassin's Creed 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

the truth posted:

Buy Assassin's Creed 4.

Then play it for precisely 2 hours then stop and throw it away.

• Locked thread