Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Tupping Liberty posted:

Fun episode, but Peter, noooo, are you going to be a bad guy? You play such a charming good guy!

I like Mac, but the whole Fitz/Simmons drama fell flat for me. I did love her getting her threat in to Ward, though.

Yeah, for me the Fitzsimmons stuff was the weakest part of the episode, but I still liked it. It's just that everything else was so kicking rad. FS was the crust of the pizza, as it were.

I like White Collar Peter's character a lot because right now there's two main ways to take it (Christian's evil, or Ward's made up a ton of stuff throughout his life to justify his behavior/is generally lying), and both are entirely plausible. Right now my only read is that Christian isn't working with Hydra, because getting the public to back off of hunting Shield is not something a Hydra guy would do. I don't buy that they'd make that sort of play just to get Ward back either, I think it's just like Ward puts it in his cell: prosecuting and executing his own brother will read great in the polls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The Fitz/Simmons part was my favorite thing about the episode, and I would have liked to see more of it. Though that may be because they are also my favorite characters One of the dangers of the roster getting so much bigger is that they might not have time to do moments like this justice.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Fitz is crushing it. So good.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Yeah Fitz has been amazing this whole season. There's been almost no Triplett this season and I wouldn't be surprised if he is gone soon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's in Age of Ultron so I don't think he's going anywhere.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

NowonSA posted:

Yeah, for me the Fitzsimmons stuff was the weakest part of the episode, but I still liked it. It's just that everything else was so kicking rad. FS was the crust of the pizza, as it were.

I like White Collar Peter's character a lot because right now there's two main ways to take it (Christian's evil, or Ward's made up a ton of stuff throughout his life to justify his behavior/is generally lying), and both are entirely plausible. Right now my only read is that Christian isn't working with Hydra, because getting the public to back off of hunting Shield is not something a Hydra guy would do. I don't buy that they'd make that sort of play just to get Ward back either, I think it's just like Ward puts it in his cell: prosecuting and executing his own brother will read great in the polls.

Obviously if one is telling the truth and one is always lying, they have to ask each brother if the other brother would say they were lying...

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

GigaPeon posted:

Obviously if one is telling the truth and one is always lying, they have to ask each brother if the other brother would say they were lying...

It's more likely that they're both douchebags.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Gynovore posted:

It's more likely that they're both douchebags.
I actually expected the episode to end with Ward being delivered to his Brother, then the two of them sharing a hug and having a good laugh over SHIELD falling for their "we hate each other" act before getting down to some serious HYDRA business.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Who was the guy at the tattoo parlor at the end? Have we seen him before?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Tokelau All Star posted:

Wasn't that Skye's dad? That's who I thought it was.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Mokinokaro posted:

Wasn't that Skye's dad? That's who I thought it was.

No, it's someone new.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Tokelau All Star posted:

Bobby Cobb aka Penny Can.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

He's in Age of Ultron so I don't think he's going anywhere.

Has it been confirmed or is it still just 'strongly rumored'? Man I hope they don't kill him off like Sitwell. I like him :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Has it been confirmed or is it still just 'strongly rumored'? Man I hope they don't kill him off like Sitwell. I like him :(

He was seen on set in costume.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Okay neat then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Either he's in the movie or they're filming something from the movie set for the show, but in either case it should mean he's not going anywhere.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Aphrodite posted:

He was seen on set in costume.

Wasn't it actually "Fuzzy pictures of a black actor were taken by a fan from far away that looks like it could be Triplett"(?) I still don't think it's been 100% it was actually him as of yet.

Not that I'm doubting it's not him, I think it probably is, if only to explain why he's being kept around on the show, but given little to do.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I don't know how I feel about Triplett right now. He has had such little screen time, and other than a few short moments in S1 he was a character you weren't sure if you could trust. I do however enjoy the guy who is trying to be Fitz's new friend a whole lot.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Have we seen Triplett fight yet? I can't recall him really doing much since he's been added to the roster.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
He had an obligatory fight with Ward in his first episode and it was pretty even.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I think the bigger problem is that BJ Britt is double booked between Agents of SHIELD and Being Mary Jane. He may not have had much to do because the actor isn't available to do very much on a week-to-week basis.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Teek posted:

Wasn't it actually "Fuzzy pictures of a black actor were taken by a fan from far away that looks like it could be Triplett"(?) I still don't think it's been 100% it was actually him as of yet.

Not that I'm doubting it's not him, I think it probably is, if only to explain why he's being kept around on the show, but given little to do.

Yeah, I find it plausible enough that Britt was on set, but I don't think there were any photos taken sharp enough to prove that he was. Still treating it as a rumor for now, albeit one I'm inclined to believe.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

hamsystem posted:

Bobby Cobb aka Penny Can.

aka Ron Mexico.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Didn't get to see the last two episodes as they aired, just caught up today, holy crap, this show went awesome.

Aaaand I can't really say anything else that hasn't already been said, except that I see nobody has said anything about Skye mentioning that the carvings might be a map. Map to what? Does Skyedad keep his poo poo under control thanks to that tattoo? (That was Skyedad, right?)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Aaaand I can't really say anything else that hasn't already been said, except that I see nobody has said anything about Skye mentioning that the carvings might be a map. Map to what? Does Skyedad keep his poo poo under control thanks to that tattoo? (That was Skyedad, right?)

No, that wasn't Skyedad Muad'Dib. That was another dude.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Gonz posted:

No, that wasn't Skyedad Muad'Dib. That was another dude.
Seems like a fair bet that tattoo-man is the one who has been going around leaving carvings in things like the back of that painting. So we know there's at lease one more alien map carver out there who... well, he's probably not even remotely sane, but he doesn't seem to have gone totally batshit psycho yet like Garret / Chet from Weird Science did.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't really have a need to see Triplett on the show again, he was a decent character but I think the roster is pretty much full and I am not sure what he would add.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Robot Hobo posted:

Seems like a fair bet that tattoo-man is the one who has been going around leaving carvings in things like the back of that painting. So we know there's at lease one more alien map carver out there who... well, he's probably not even remotely sane, but he doesn't seem to have gone totally batshit psycho yet like Garret / Chet from Weird Science did.

Did Garret really do anything super insane? Coulson mentioned being afraid of turning out like him, but apart from the carvings he seemed pretty normal, the cosmic thing seemed more like extra insight into the world, rather than him going crazy.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Slashrat posted:

Creatures of the ocean, pfft. What's so scary down there?

Not an elder god who weakness is boats.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Oasx posted:

Did Garret really do anything super insane?

Before he was interrupted he came pretty close to ruining a deal he himself set up by tearing apart a US general to prove a point that no one but him seemed to understand anyway. He was on the short road to total self destruction and was completely irrational and unpredictable.

Vendetta
Jun 30, 2002

I'm in pieces.
Up until the point where Coulson remembered you should always cut off the head.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

The Sharmat posted:

...who are useless on land.

Those guys are going to get hosed up

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Unkempt posted:

Those guys are going to get hosed up

why does Aquaman need a helmet full of water?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oasx posted:

Did Garret really do anything super insane? Coulson mentioned being afraid of turning out like him, but apart from the carvings he seemed pretty normal, the cosmic thing seemed more like extra insight into the world, rather than him going crazy.

Other than stabbing a guy with their own rib?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

hiddenriverninja posted:

Some Aquaman incarnations can't survive outside of water for more than a hour. Some can.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman#Powers_and_abilities

"Although he can remain underwater indefinitely without suffering any ill effects, Aquaman grows weak if he remains on land for extended periods. However, when Batman invented Aquaman's water suit he was able to walk on land for an indefinite amount of time and was no longer vulnerable to a "dehumidifier".[2] This weakness was later removed from continuity in 2011, establishing that he grew up on land before learning of his Atlantean heritage."

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

Windows 98 posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman#Powers_and_abilities

"Although he can remain underwater indefinitely without suffering any ill effects, Aquaman grows weak if he remains on land for extended periods. However, when Batman invented Aquaman's water suit he was able to walk on land for an indefinite amount of time and was no longer vulnerable to a "dehumidifier".[2] This weakness was later removed from continuity in 2011, establishing that he grew up on land before learning of his Atlantean heritage."

Lol, he can be defeated by a dehumidifier?

*is aquaman villain, turns on heat in evil landlocked skull mountain lair*

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If Aquaman was just a hero of the sea, against dangers to the sea, he'd be totally fine. But then you take him out of his element all the time and still expect him to be totally fine and, surprise, he's totally loving stupid.

I dunno if that's a flaw of the character or not, having an ideal environment to shine in. But he does, and they should probably just stick with that instead constantly taking him out of his element where he does not work at all.

Also we are talking about DC comic character in a thread for a TV show that is a subset about the Marvel cinematic universe, so we've kinda really gone off the rails here.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jamesman posted:

If Aquaman was just a hero of the sea, against dangers to the sea, he'd be totally fine. But then you take him out of his element all the time and still expect him to be totally fine and, surprise, he's totally loving stupid.

I dunno if that's a flaw of the character or not, having an ideal environment to shine in. But he does, and they should probably just stick with that instead constantly taking him out of his element where he does not work at all.

Also we are talking about DC comic character in a thread for a TV show that is a subset about the Marvel cinematic universe, so we've kinda really gone off the rails here.

We just want Namor :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Jamesman posted:

Yeah well before we get back on topic I'd just like to remind you Kahl Drogo is going to be Aquaman
http://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-actor-jason-momoa-official/

• Locked thread