Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I haven't but I'll definitely be getting some of those.

Who is that between Magik and Magneto?

Rogue I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah, I see it now. Her costume was looking more like Silk Spectre.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Teaser pictures are the worst. For a second I got excited they were doing a Thanos. drat you Hulk!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Looks like they're doing an Age of Ultron Iron Man too, you can see him on the left there. I am super stoked about these, Figmas leave me cold, but I love me some Figuarts.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I don't know if anybody collects or is looking for the Jakks Pacific World of Nintendo figures but Wario is starting to hit the west coast. I found him at a Target yesterday. I really hope Jakks has more waves of these figures as they've been pretty good for the price so far. Bowser is rad as hell.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
ugh. the 400 dollar + 50 dollar rewards for the hulk/banner hot toys is really tempting me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
where the hell do you people shore up thousands of extra dollars for things like Hot Toys? Single IT admins? Vast credit card debt? I feel like a massive tool dropping $20 on a single figure and I'd probably feel sick dropping $400+ on a single toy. Most figures for me thankfully are paid via internal awards we can cash on Amazon at work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

where the hell do you people shore up thousands of extra dollars for things like Hot Toys? Single IT admins? Vast credit card debt? I feel like a massive tool dropping $20 on a single figure and I'd probably feel sick dropping $400+ on a single toy. Most figures for me thankfully are paid via internal awards we can cash on Amazon at work.

I'm lucky to have the ability to get poo poo cheap if ordered through Diamond but I still can't justify anything over $50 unless it's a statue.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Louisgod posted:

well, this is two figures, and I'm banking on being able to flip it in a little while if I bite. Generally I fund my collection by parting out other bits of my collection, as my woeman doesn't appreciate it when hundreds of dollars go missing.

I've also only gotten one sideshow figure, and that was when they were having the buy one get one special, and then I eventually flipped my free figure so my net expense was about 0 dollars.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Me I just stick with Kamen Rider Figuarts for the most part, and I pay for those from my extra monies from work that don't go into the budget. I still watch my purchases though. There's no way in hell I could sneak a Hot Toys into the house without risking life and limb. The value prop isn't there for me either, come to think of it. I can get 4-6 Figuarts for the same price as your average HT Iron Man, so...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I just ball out and say gently caress it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I only buy like 2 a year maybe. I don't get any smaller toys though.

My big dollies are just fine for me :3:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm just grossly overpaid.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Upgrade to my 1989 Utility Belt: When I acquired the metal buckle last year, the seller included a crappy (latex or urethane) piece of crap belt with it. I tried to fix it up, but it was never going to be great. So after lots of searching I now have in hand the correct strap for this belt. It's actually a piece of side molding for a 1988 Chevy Silverado (Ah propmasters. Is there any piece of junk you can't turn into treasure?), which is impossible to find anymore. It's been color matched and professionally painted to match the buckle. Looks kind of cartoony in person but that's kind of why I love it. It's pretty rigid on its own but has no problem opening up and flexing.

Next step is to replicate the 4 little pods that line the belt. Found some screen-accurate (1st gen cast-offs) pods to use as my base, but I need to recast them in metal and bake on the enamel yellow just like the buckle. Although I think the belt looks pretty stellar even without them. It's killing me that I don't have any sort of method for hanging the speargun on the belt. Kind of cries out for it.

gregday fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 1, 2014

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

With layaway and payment plans I don't wind up spending any more on 1/6 scale figures now than when I primarily collected six inch figures. I'd usually drop ~$20-30 a month anyway on toys, but now the volume is lower and the quality is much, much higher. When I was rolling in bank I could do both and statues and comics but those halcyon days are gone.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I was mostly curious considering how much the 1/6 stuff is and how many some people own. poo poo adds up quick. If I were single I may be able to get away with it but I'd be on the street if I came home with what amounts to a crazy articulated and well designed and painted Ken doll that comes with amazingly detailed guns, extra hands, and a sense of both pride and immense shame.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I actually only have one, the Cap 2 Black Widow, which is quite a bit cheaper than the others. I guess because she has a simple costume.

I did preorder Rocket and Groot though.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have a couple Hot Toys figures, but nothing mega-pricey and nothing recent. I've got Iron Man 2 Black Widow, Terminator Salvation T-700 endo and T-600 endo.

I haven't bought anything crazy-expensive for a while, the most recent thing was the new Premium Format Red Sonja statue and that's because I'm a big Red Sonja fan. I've got all of the Red Sonja statues to date, and for the ones based on Dynamite Comics artwork, I've got the appropriate artwork that each statue is based on in trading-card format, and for most of those I've got the trading card signed by the appropriate artist.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 1, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Use the code "HA11OW33N" at sideshow (no quotes) for their best prices, its seriously 30% off like 40 items, including that Hulk/Banner set + the 10% already marked down + free shipping and close to $50 in rewards points

I think with it Hulk and Banner come to $357 out the door. If you add the code to your promo wallet, you can click on it and see what all it applies to, good through November 4th.

Louisgod posted:

Selective buying, saving up for it, but if they drop multiple figures in a month I'm boned. Luckily thats rare so I space it out over several months.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 1, 2014

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I don't buy a lot of Hot Toys (I only own like 3 since 2008: Bank Robber Joker, Joker 2.0, and Rocket/Groot) but I like to buy Masterpiece and 3P Transformers. I consider both similar money sinks.

Oh and sometimes 3A stuff which is often Hot Toys prices as well.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If anyone is considering getting into the Star Wars Black Series, you might want to hold off.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

I don't buy a lot of Hot Toys (I only own like 3 since 2008: Bank Robber Joker, Joker 2.0, and Rocket/Groot) but I like to buy Masterpiece and 3P Transformers. I consider both similar money sinks.

Oh and sometimes 3A stuff which is often Hot Toys prices as well.

How......did you get Rocket and Groot 6 months early

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

boom boom boom posted:

If anyone is considering getting into the Star Wars Black Series, you might want to hold off.

I'm confused, that Harrison Ford sculpt almost looks like Harrison Ford. No toy company can properly sculpt Harrison Ford.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'm confused, that Harrison Ford sculpt almost looks like Harrison Ford. No toy company can properly sculpt Harrison Ford.

They based it on this dog.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

gregday posted:

It's been color matched and professionally painted to match the buckle. Looks kind of cartoony in person but that's kind of why I love it. It's pretty rigid on its own but has no problem opening up and flexing.

Hmmm, you're not kidding about the cartoony look. The belt colour looked somewhat more muted in the film, no? Like more of a darker mustard/gold than that bright Ferarri yellow you've got there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Picked this up today. Surprisingly hard to find with an intact canopy for a decent price. I'm going to polish it up and make it shiny as poo poo, slap a new S sticker on it and give it a prime spot in one of my detolfs.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

How......did you get Rocket and Groot 6 months early

Hah, I just kind of figured since I paid for him already that I had him. I had to go check Sideshow and you are right, I don't have him yet.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Hmmm, you're not kidding about the cartoony look. The belt colour looked somewhat more muted in the film, no? Like more of a darker mustard/gold than that bright Ferarri yellow you've got there.

Depends on the scene and the particular belt they used. I'll admit in these pictures it's brighter from the camera flash. And then in Returns they went with a flat gold.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fish Of Doom posted:

I really hope this mean Bandai will take another stab at doing human Kamen Rider figures.

I would do terrible things for a 6 inch Mizushima Hiro figure.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

boom boom boom posted:

I really hope this mean Bandai will take another stab at doing human Kamen Rider figures.

I would do terrible things for a 6 inch Mizushima Hiro figure.

Oh god, a 6 inch Hiroshi Fujioka would be the best action figure ever. You'd never need a single other figure, because your collection would be complete.
(this guy,)

You might also know him as Segata Sanshiro.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Hah, I just kind of figured since I paid for him already that I had him. I had to go check Sideshow and you are right, I don't have him yet.

I thought you were some kind of magical wizard with early access to Hot Toys and I was gonna start sucking up to you so hard.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

I was gonna start sucking you so hard.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, I just got back from Tamashii Nations and the Figuarts stuff coming out this year will literally require a trigger warning for your wallets.

The Star Wars stuff is insane: it's what the Black series should be. Along with Luke, Han, Stormies, and Vader, they also have Episode 1 Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul coming. Oh and a Scout Trooper with speeder bike.

Couldn't see much in the frosted Avengers AOE case but what I could see of the Hulk made him look huge.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Hey if it got to that point and I was getting Hot Toys I see no problems with this

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

The Goon posted:

Yeah, I just got back from Tamashii Nations and the Figuarts stuff coming out this year will literally require a trigger warning for your wallets.

The Star Wars stuff is insane: it's what the Black series should be. Along with Luke, Han, Stormies, and Vader, they also have Episode 1 Qui Gon, Obi Wan and Darth Maul coming. Oh and a Scout Trooper with speeder bike.
God dammit.

Any word on estimated pricing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Hey if it got to that point and I was getting Hot Toys I see no problems with this

Start thinking about that inevitable Hot Toys Hulkbuster armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmwjpVxHjSI

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

where do the medicom 1/6th figures land in quality? I can't recall seeing anyone talk about those, but the TIE pilot and hit girl look good in pictures anyway.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Cheesus posted:

God dammit.

Any word on estimated pricing?

I imagine typical figuarts price range, $30-$40 unless there's some licensing tax plus whatever shipping from japan because I doubt these will come over stateside officially.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

gregday posted:

Depends on the scene and the particular belt they used. I'll admit in these pictures it's brighter from the camera flash. And then in Returns they went with a flat gold.

It's always frustrated me that there was so little merchandise made based upon the Returns batsuit. I really, really liked the plate look as opposed to the sculpted abs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Timby posted:

It's always frustrated me that there was so little merchandise made based upon the Returns batsuit. I really, really liked the plate look as opposed to the sculpted abs.

The Hot Toys version has been teased, so everyone is hoping he'll get released in 2015