Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Bad Judge got the axe. My shameless guilty pleasure of the fall season has followed other picks like Outsourced, Mob Doctor and Whitney to that great tv network down below.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're history's greatest monster.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007
I still refuse to believe that Bad Judge was a real show and not one of the fake sitcoms from that Community episode last season.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Irish Joe posted:

I wanted to interrupt your chain of unfunny poo poo posting to remind y'all to watch Mom on CBS. It is ~~seriously~~ the best sitcom on television right now. Not only is it riotously funny, it also isn't afraid to pack a dramatic punch. The only thing I can compare it to is Roseanne--its that good.

Thank you.

Mom feels a lot like a Chuck Lorre script that he originally wrote for either Roseanne or Grace Under Fire but wasn't allowed to make at the time.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

smg77 posted:

I still refuse to believe that Bad Judge was a real show and not one of the fake sitcoms from that Community episode last season.

It was actually really funny, and A to Z was pretty sweet. At least both of them get to finish airing their initial order.

I'll take solace in The McCarthys getting pulled before a second ep airs for getting double the numbers as either of those shows.

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 1, 2014

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
Under no circumstances is Mom a good show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I don't know what it is about Forever, but I've lost interest in the show. I couldn't even get halfway through last week's episode. The leads are fine, but the show feels very perfunctory. I'd rather watch old episodes of House.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Kirk or Picard?

The Sisko.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

bentacos posted:

The Sisko.

Janeway.

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
Mom is actually pretty good because Allison Janney is fantastic.

I'll be sad to see A to Z go. It was cute.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ravane posted:

Janeway.

Archer.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

bentacos posted:

The Sisko.

This is indisputably the correct answer.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If Sisko is so great then why is he dead

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mu Zeta posted:

He is dead but not dead. He is with the prophets/wormhole aliens.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

He is dead but not dead. He is with the prophets/wormhole aliens.

IIRC Brooks made them put in a line about Sisko coming back because he thought it would be awful to take him away from his son permanently.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
More directly he thought it'd send the wrong message for it to end with a black man abandoning his pregnant girl and his son.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

quote:

In her newly published collection of personal essays, Not That Kind of Girl, Lena Dunham describes experimenting sexually with her younger sister Grace, whom she says she attempted to persuade to kiss her using “anything a sexual predator might do.” In one particularly unsettling passage, Dunham experimented with her six-year younger sister’s vagina. “This was within the spectrum of things I did,” she writes.

In the collection of nonfiction personal accounts, Dunham describes using her little sister at times essentially as a sexual outlet, bribing her to kiss her for prolonged periods and even masturbating while she is in the bed beside her. But perhaps the most disturbing is an account she proudly gives of an episode that occurred when she was seven and her sister was one. Here’s the full passage (p. 158-9):

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

We're all a little Aatrek sometimes

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Not the least bit surprised a fat exhibitionist who's covered in tattoos has issues.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 2, 2014

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I wonder how this is going to go for her. The people that like her will hate her now and the people that dislike her will hate her now. I don't see how anyone is going to spin this.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Well I liked her and boy oh boy do i hate her now, so uh

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also i'm not gonna link the article because it's apparently from a super-right wing site but there's this

https://twitter.com/diannaeanderson/status/528669308201598976

it paints a p clear picture

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The funny part is that it took the press a month to discover this because nobody read her lovely book.

vv Lena was only seven when this took place (according to her tweets blaming all this on a right wing smear campaign :lol:), so I sincerely doubt criminal charges would be in the cards even if her sister wanted to push the issue, which she doesn't.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 2, 2014

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The actual passage isn't as bad as it was made out to be: http://gawker.com/lena-dunham-responds-to-right-wing-claim-of-sibling-se-1653637030

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 2, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man. This thread is about to get really bad.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lena Dunham a self absorbed weirdo who views others as characters in her life story?

No poo poo.

Moving on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Great idea! Hey Occupation, since you brought us this news I'll go ahead and confine you back to your Dr. Who thread now. When you've finished the series you can join the rest of us in other threads.

(I'm only half joking.)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Hello my name Irish Joe

*thousands of bouncy flaccid penis smash through all the windows burying me*

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Deadpool posted:

Great idea! Hey Occupation, since you brought us this news I'll go ahead and confine you back to your Dr. Who thread now. When you've finished the series you can join the rest of us in other threads.

Original episodes too?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PriorMarcus posted:

Original episodes too?

It was a joke. I'm not going to make someone watch Dr. Who. I'm not cruel. That's all his doing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

(I'm only half joking.)

You already did that about 4 times by the way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

You already did that about 4 times by the way.

I keep trying so eventually it'll happen. Each time I think I can do it but it's Dr. Who and that's just wrong. I don't want to be accused of a war crime.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With Boardwalk Empire ending I've run out of things to watch on Sundays, other than Bob's Burgers.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this? posted:

With Boardwalk Empire ending I've run out of things to watch on Sundays, other than Bob's Burgers.

Except sports has meant that only one episode of this new season has aired.

(It's back tomorrow, thank goodness).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Eh, I've enjoyed this season of Walking Dead.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Eh, I've enjoyed this season of Walking Dead.

I stopped watching part way through the second season because of conflicting schedules and at the time my cable company didn't carry AMC in HD.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The people in charge during season 2 were fired so it's pretty good right now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Once they stop flicking their nipples and actually did something it got much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Toxxupation posted:

Well I liked her and boy oh boy do i hate her now, so uh

I have no idea who Lena Dunham is but seems like she did some messed up stuff when she was seven years old. Doesn't seem like she does it now though, so I guess it's not too hard to forgive her for being a curious kid.

• Locked thread