Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

WickedHate posted:

We've been calling them Androids.

Well good for you! You're wrong!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So I have been hearing a lot of poo poo about Xenoverse but I had no interest in it until I learned there there is strong evidence Pan will be in it. She is not in enough games.
Kinda regret getting Infinite World now...but ah well, this can tide me over until Xenoverse comes out in a few months.

I wonder if they can actually find her dub voice-actress, she hasn't been in anything in like ten years and also Funi was a bit merciless with recasting a lot of the voices for far more iconic roles than Pan's. Nobody even gave Stephanie Nadolny a phone call when they were doing Kai to let her know Gohan had been replaced. She has to learn of it from fans on the Internet.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 2, 2014

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

I love that half the content was references to other horror films, especially the Insidious reference.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

NikkolasKing posted:

So I have been hearing a lot of poo poo about Xenoverse but I had no interest in it until I learned there there is strong evidence Pan will be in it. She is not in enough games.
Have you heard of this anime called Dragonball GT

MastG
May 25, 2014

Soulcleaver posted:

I don't think it's an anime, more of an animated sleep aid.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Soulcleaver posted:

I have. I actually own the DVDs.

GT is...not very good, but it looks amazing. Love the designs and art style and even the haters seem to think the animation holds up well.

Plus it continues the fine Dragonball tradition of having great OPs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7D3OwyV08

I will admit this, Funi's dub score this time around did GT no favors. GT needs all the help it can get and, if anything, Funi's soundtrack only made things worse. The original Japanese music isn't bad.

Although I wish this song had actually been in the anime.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 2, 2014

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

NikkolasKing posted:

Plus it continues the fine Dragonball tradition of having great OPs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7D3OwyV08

I'm sorry you linked the wrong video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H9di7tCLVg

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I often confuse this for the TeamFourStar thread, so I'm gonna post this here cause I don't think we have a TeamFourStar thread and I already posted this to Facebook.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

NikkolasKing posted:

I have. I actually own the DVDs.

GT is...not very good, but it looks amazing. Love the designs and art style and even the haters seem to think the animation holds up well.

For balance, I think the art style and designs are complete garbage! I can't recall if the anime is any good, and I don't especially care to find out, so I'll take your word for it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of the GT designs are loving awful looking designs straight out of the 90s especially Baby-Vegeta's forms and half of the Dark Dragons. Honestly, Baby's design apes from a superior character altogether, Majin Buu.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've haven't actually watched Dragonball GT since I was like 12 but the Super Saiyan 4 designs are seriously the worst things in the Dragonball universe and I can't remember a single thing about any of the villains.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

I've haven't actually watched Dragonball GT since I was like 12 but the Super Saiyan 4 designs are seriously the worst things in the Dragonball universe and I can't remember a single thing about any of the villains.

Completely agree, though there are people in this thread who apparently think it's awesome.

I tried to give GT a fair shake when it was first out in America, but I couldn't get into it because it looks so bad.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.

Prison Warden posted:

For balance, I think the art style and designs are complete garbage! I can't recall if the anime is any good, and I don't especially care to find out, so I'll take your word for it.

Animation, I can't recall if the animation is any good. i fully recall that the anime is garbáge.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't give SS4 as much poo poo as I should probably because every other design is so loving awful that it's less offensive by comparison. I think the only good design in GT was Pan and she made up for it by being obnoxious.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

SSJ4 is at least creative, which is more than anyone can say for SSJ2 and 3, the former of which is so lazy it would make Tite Kubo say "drat, try harder."

As for looking "incredibly 90s", perhaps that's because it came out then. Just like DB came out in the 80s and has a ton of very 80s designs. Neither fact bothers me at all or else I probably wouldn't watch old television shows.

I will agree though that Pan has my favorite design in the show.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 2, 2014

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Prison Warden posted:

Animation, I can't recall if the animation is any good. i fully recall that the anime is garbáge.

No, the animation is garbage too, especially during fights. There's one point in the last fight where they repeated the exact same animation two or three times in a five minute span.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

SSJ4 is at least creative

Reverting to Goku's old design and giving him makeup and red hair is about one of the least creative things in the show.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Beef Waifu posted:

Reverting to Goku's old design and giving him makeup and red hair is about one of the least creative things in the show.

Plus while SS2 and 3 may not be creative, at least they followed a pattern that 4 just kind of ignored for some reason.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

and I never have.
SSJ2's design also works in the sense that it wasn't really meant as another transformation at the time, it was just a perfected SSJ, having it look too different would be a little daft.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Your entire argument kind of falls apart when you said SSJ4 Goku had red hair.

I mean, come on, GT is bad enough on its own, you don't have to make up things.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

facebook jihad posted:

Completely agree, though there are people in this thread who apparently think it's awesome.

I only like the idea. Combining Oozaru and SSJ is a cool concept that Toei completely botched.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

I mean, come on, GT is bad enough on its own, you don't have to make up things.

He was literally covered in the stuff. Seriously it was bright cherry red.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

That would be called "fur" because Saiyans are monkeys. Hair is that stuff on your head. Like, SSJ4 Gogeta has red hair.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That is horribly pedantic.

Not argument falling apart or whatever you believe it to be.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I've never seen anyone say SSJ4 Goku had red hair. Probably because "red hair' makes you think Carrot Top, not SSJ4, which has black hair. And that's kind of extremely significant seeing as all other forms of SSJ have blond hair.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NikkolasKing posted:

gently caress you, like for real. This is literally the dumbest thing you could possibly argue about.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Are you serious loving arguing about SS4.

LET alone GT?

Get the gently caress out of here. (NK, not you Beef, you cool)

Also regarding Satan's response, it was a good episode. Let's face it, this thread is pretty much a unofficial Team Fourstar thread, we do talk about DBZA alot.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
SSJ4 has a great design, but it's never used well. Even with as trash as GT is, the form is just completely wasted.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
ADTRW: Etirely populated by pedos and pedants

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In less spergy news, new DBM hit. Gast's back on top, reminding us that the power differential present here is...pretty big.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I agree that this argument is pointless and also a waste of time so I'll just concede.

Sorry abut all the bullshit. Carry on.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Re DBM: Well, that fake-out didn't last long.

Also, the spectator Piccolo plugging his ears was a nice touch.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Beef Waifu posted:

Are you talking about SSJ4 or the Super Saiyan God?

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Now the only thing I can think of that Piccolo could do on Gast is Mafuba, but that was already done in the Tien/ZenBuu fight, so I feel like that's kind of been played out this round.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

Now the only thing I can think of that Piccolo could do on Gast is Mafuba, but that was already done in the Tien/ZenBuu fight, so I feel like that's kind of been played out this round.

Pretty sure that only works on evil dudes anyway.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

this was a pretty good episode but not quite as good as the other four. It's not really the fault of the teamfourstar, the fifth episode of hellsing ultimate is for the most part, a boring set up episode.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Monaghan posted:

this was a pretty good episode but not quite as good as the other four. It's not really the fault of the teamfourstar, the fifth episode of hellsing ultimate is for the most part, a boring set up episode.
That and Hellsing Ultimate is already an abridged show, I mean some times they don't even change the jokes or characters from the show.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Never seen Hellsing ultimate, but I'll take your word for it. I wish they'd break their once per year rule to put out ep 6 early. :( This episode was decent, but it's definitely missing something without Alucard doing Alucard poo poo.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Zonekeeper posted:

Never seen Hellsing ultimate, but I'll take your word for it. I wish they'd break their once per year rule to put out ep 6 early. :( This episode was decent, but it's definitely missing something without Alucard doing Alucard poo poo.

You won't see alucard in episode 6 either. Episode 6 is some Iscariot nonsense and then the attack on the estate. I don't think alucard actually makes his return until episode 7 or 8 in any real fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Caros posted:

You won't see alucard in episode 6 either. Episode 6 is some Iscariot nonsense and then the attack on the estate. I don't think alucard actually makes his return until episode 7 or 8 in any real fashion.
Episode 8 is when he returns, episode 7 is still loving awesome though

• Locked thread