Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Story-wise it's also inconsistent. A few years back the Justice League repelled an invasion by Apokolips and took on Darkseid in direct combat, and Hal was there. If the gods of New Genesis are of comparable strength, the Corps shouldn't have lost so easily to these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Baron Bifford posted:

Story-wise it's also inconsistent. A few years back the Justice League repelled an invasion by Apokolips and took on Darkseid in direct combat, and Hal was there. If the gods of New Genesis are of comparable strength, the Corps shouldn't have lost so easily to these guys.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

GL getting pummeled
Man, I wish DT had kept that as an avatar.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
OK, I take that back. God, that story was terrible.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Yo, what movie is this? I need to watch this.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Don't bother that's the best part. It's also edited to make it better than it is in the movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

redbackground posted:

Man, I wish DT had kept that as an avatar.

I wouldn't mind picking that up as an avatar if someone could make it avatar sized.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Madkal posted:

I wouldn't mind picking that up as an avatar if someone could make it avatar sized.

Someone already did and DT had it as an av for a while. There is a way you can see all of the avatars someone previously had but I don't remember what it is. Does anyone know?
EDIT: Nevermind I found it and he didn't actually have it for an avatar. It was the one of Jason Todd getting punched in the stomach.
(It's this https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=LordPants)

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 28, 2014

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Senor Candle posted:

Someone already did and DT had it as an av for a while. There is a way you can see all of the avatars someone previously had but I don't remember what it is. Does anyone know?
EDIT: Nevermind I found it and he didn't actually have it for an avatar. It was the one of Jason Todd getting punched in the stomach.

Sometimes you right click on an avatar, open in new window and it'll be xavatar-3.gif or xavatar-003.jpg or something and fiddling with the number sometimes gets you older avatars if they're still on the server.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

You are a saint, sir.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JackDarko posted:

Justice League - War.

It is largely terrible and stupid.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sometimes vintage girls' manga gets a little carried away with eyes and the sparkling thereof.

But, you also stumble across some neat stuff:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 2, 2014

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

a kitten posted:

But, you also stumble across some neat stuff:

What is this from? The kid in the shell looks like something from Osamu Tezuka, but I can't place the rest of it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

What is this from? The kid in the shell looks like something from Osamu Tezuka, but I can't place the rest of it.

The blog I found it on (here) only has Fantasy World Jun, Shotaro Ishinomori c. 1977 which eventually led me to this "Ishinomori's art is reminiscent of that of his mentor, Osamu Tezuka", so there ya go.

Just digging around tumblr and gis gives some pretty cool art from the dude too.

Here's some more :swoon: just for the hell of it:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If that's the Zelda manga I'm thinking of, it's really good.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Lurdiak posted:

If its the NP one, with the cohero that's a falcon in the dark world... Well, it explains why FalconGuy looks like a cyborg 009 dude.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought that was Protoman...

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

It is, someone posted the entire thing in one of the recent gbs webcomic threads, it was pretty fantastic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It was the first thing to turn to in a new issue of Nintendo Power (that year).

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009
http://www.bdgest.com/previews

I wish I could read French. :(

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Having a hard time finding the photoshop filter for ruffled plaid skirts. Eh, that's good enough :effort:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Irish Joe posted:

Having a hard time finding the photoshop filter for ruffled plaid skirts. Eh, that's good enough :effort:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, I guess it is lazy, but doing that sort of thing with plaid clothing is a time-honored tradition.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think the flat plaid thing is neat. :shrug:

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
It's a completely standard thing in manga (usually done with screentones) and Karl Kerschl's art style is clearly inspired by a lot of different sources including Japanese ones.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
It's a signature trait of the art of Los Bros Hernandez in Love and Rockers

tenniseveryone
Feb 8, 2014

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Heresiarch posted:

It's a completely standard thing in manga (usually done with screentones) and Karl Kerschl's art style is clearly inspired by a lot of different sources including Japanese ones.

And taken to a ludicrous extreme in that anime of Count Of Monte Cristo.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

wat

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

tenniseveryone posted:

And taken to a ludicrous extreme in that anime of Count Of Monte Cristo.
I didn't come close to finishing it, but that series was beautiful as hell.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gankutsuou is really very good

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

I can't really put my finger on why, but that first image of flat-plaid looks really jarring whereas the other ones look fine. It kinda seems like it's at a different resolution or depth compared to the rest of the image?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Sailor Viy posted:

I can't really put my finger on why, but that first image of flat-plaid looks really jarring whereas the other ones look fine. It kinda seems like it's at a different resolution or depth compared to the rest of the image?

In the first image, the skirt is the only thing in the panel that doesn't have shadows so it looks out of place and inconsistent with rest of the art. In the Hernandez Bros images, even though the plaid are flat patterns, they're kept consistent with the style of the art.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Check out this sultry Catwoman I found while reading Knightfall...

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 12, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Brocktoon posted:

Check out this sultry Catwoman I found while reading Kightfall...
That cover was one of the few times I've really been disappointed with Kelley Jones.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

redbackground posted:

That cover was one of the few times I've really been disappointed with Kelley Jones.

I showed it to my wife and she asked, "Why is she purple?" I explained to her that Catwoman's costume was purple in the 90s, and she replied "Oh, it looked to me like she was only wearing gloves and boots..."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's pretty much how most artists drew her during the purple bodysuit era. :/

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

That's pretty much how most artists drew her during the purple bodysuit era. :/
It's her sour granny-face that I don't understand.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Why is she dry humping a picket fence, there's sexier things to dry hump I can think of

I mean obviously, it's an alley and poo poo and there's cats and whatever but what kind of rear end in a top hat draws a cover like that and says YEAH MAN TOTALLY NAILED IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Is it seriously from the nineties? Everything about her looks liked it was dated, even then, by more decades than I've been alive.