Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Posts like these make it easy to figure out who to listen to when I ask "is this game worth getting?" in a week or two. TY

I already said I'm going to be playing. I don't understand why you're still on the fence about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Anyway I'll find out in like 10 hours :getin:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kjgZhnKzOw

penis bandana posted:

I already said I'm going to be playing. I don't understand why you're still on the fence about it.

Just asking questions....

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
Shaggy's opinion doesn't concern me, as I am a loyal acolyte of Kevin Spacey, hallowed be his name.

Phenylketonuric
Aug 12, 2003

My cost/benefit ratio for AW is something like $3/hour, so in other words, ~20 hours sustained interest is enough justification for me to make the purchase. The remaining question in my mind is what sort of aggregate review scores equate with ~20 hours of satisfaction. I'm thinking if the scores are something above 70% I'll pull the trigger.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A real 360 vs Bone comparison? the quality is pretty poor.

Warning, major campaign intro spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GsDYvOjWNc

edit: I think these are just the e3 trailers... lmao

ethanol fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 2, 2014

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Honestly, the only thing that dude said that worried me was the fast TTK/ lovely connections, which I've seen in some streams. My connection is super unreliable and I live pretty loving far from any likely host, but none of the games prior to Blops2 and Ghosts really punished me consistently for it.

I don't want bullet sponges by any means, but in a FPS series that refuses to implement recoil on any of the guns (funny that people on youtube are complaining about this like it's a new thing for COD), a low TTK is going to feel loving brutal to anyone that isn't host.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ethanol posted:

That's not bad. Was worried it'd be way worse.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
On the other hand, all of the people that are streaming the game early seem to sprint and boost everywhere 100% of the time.

Then they say "WOOOOW" incredulously when they die.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

ethanol posted:

Campaign looks completely awesome and I can't wait to see this on the PS4 if it looks that good on the bone + with horrible YouTube quality. Might have to preorder tomorrow :S

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I haven't play a Call of Duty game for a year and I'm excited to play again.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ethanol posted:

What the hell was going on there?

Titanfall Shootman Suits, SpiderCrabMech Walkers, roving clouds of nanoskeeters!

Warfare has really gotten advanced in the future.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
How come the exo suit doesn't make you dropshot faster? This is a loving outrage.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

penis bandana posted:

How come the exo suit doesn't make you dropshot faster? This is a loving outrage.

They're saving it for the Vanquish 2 tie-in DLC

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Bought it on PC and am downloading now so I can be ready to unecrypt. I'm bad at video games so don't play with me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yaosio

Yaos fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 2, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

OneDeadman posted:

They're saving it for the Vanquish 2 tie-in DLC

Jet powered butt-slides.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
24 hours, my dudes.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Feenix posted:

24 hours, my dudes.

Until there's only 90 more minutes to wait?

And then an hour of patching followed by two hours of servers crashing until we all finally give up and go to bed?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dude.

Digital version.

Already preloaded and ready to go! :awesomelon:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Until there's only 90 more minutes to wait?

And then an hour of patching followed by two hours of servers crashing until we all finally give up and go to bed?

30, actually.

And I'm pre-loaded on PS4 safely knowing that even if (ha ha, if) PSN takes a monster poo poo it will still unlock and I can at least play the campaign.

Except I can't because I have to be at work at 8 A.M. the next day.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

Dude.

Digital version.

Already preloaded and ready to go! :awesomelon:

But if I buy a digital version I can't go to Gamestop at midnight and sit in my car until all the weirdos leave and then wander in and get my hard copy in peace.

Last time I went to a midnight launch I got Titanfall and Dark Souls 2. The guy in front of me in line had a real pistol on his hip as though to say "Ain't nobody getting my Titanfall."

e: That wasn't at a Gamestop, but still.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I think I'm going to vpn to unlock this because I don't want to wait any longer than I have to someone send help

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
If gamestop is open at 9pm sunday does that mean I still have to wait til midnight to get it? Or are they just doing prepaid? Was thinking of stopping by on my way to work.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Nov 2, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

If gamestop is open at 9pm sunday does that mean I still have to wait til midnight to get it? Or are they just doing prepaid?

You'll have to wait. They'll let you pay it off and let you hang out if you have nothing better to do than hang out at Gamestop for three hours.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Yaos posted:

Bought it on PC. I'm bad at video games so don't play with me.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/yaosio

Don't worry, we won't.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

But if I buy a digital version I can't go to Gamestop at midnight and sit in my car until all the weirdos leave and then wander in and get my hard copy in peace.

Last time I went to a midnight launch I got Titanfall and Dark Souls 2. The guy in front of me in line had a real pistol on his hip as though to say "Ain't nobody getting my Titanfall."

e: That wasn't at a Gamestop, but still.

I've done three midnight launches:

My first midnight launch was Halo 2. That line was over two hundred long, and I said never again after that.
After that was Halo 3 at a Blockbuster, with only five other people.
My third (and last) midnight launch was GTA4. I went to the Walmart (during the ONE year they were 24 hours), three doors down from the EB Games with the huge fuckoff lineup. There were no lines at Walmart.

I just haven't seen the point in being a few hours ahead of the curve since. Maybe I just have more patience now.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Store midnight launches are illegal where I live. :eyepop:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

The only midnight launches I remember are that Dark Souls 2/Titanfall one, Halo Reach and the 3DS at Walmart just because I went there straight after work on basically a whim.

I usually wait too, but since I'm off work Monday (unrelated to CoD), I might as well get as much shooting dudes done as possible.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

hopterque posted:

I watched his vid about ghosts and he talks about overpowered quickscoping and bad SMGs (neither of which are true) and doesn't mention any of the actual issues with the game at all.

Also he's playing this on 360 and it's the first cod that is really, really meant to be on next gen (or pc). He also bitches about getting pinged on the map for using exo suit abilities and there's literally an exo suit thing that makes that not happen.

e: Also this is the studio that did the old gen versions of the game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Moon_Studios

He didn't rely on stealth perks in previous CODs so I don't understand why he's bitching about it now. He can just cherry-pick lobbies and play against bad players like he always does.

Also his subscribers didn't go up at all during Ghosts, so he's probably trying to attract the people who hate COD (but can't stop watching it).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

univbee posted:

Store midnight launches are illegal where I live. :eyepop:

Yeah, here too. I would never go anyway. I have work the next day and also I don't need to play ASAP.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I probably wouldn't go to a midnight launch anyway but I have an exam 8am on Monday. At least it's keeping me busy.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
The stealth stuff is spread across like 6 perks so I dont think itll be so bad. They'd also have to give up toughness and other quality of life perks.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I'm too damned old for midnight launches anymore.

It's past my bedtime. :sigh:

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
I usually know what to expect with CoD, but Ghosts was such a steaming pile of poo poo that I haven't preordered this. Has there been any word (from devs or leaks or whatever) on PC performance? Ghosts was awful on PC, I remember having too many friends on your steam list would make it choke on itself. From the sounds of it maps sound a lot better, yeah? Ghosts maps were just too big and I hated most of them.

E: Went back to the OP and I guess this is the console thread, sorry.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 2, 2014

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

The stealth stuff is spread across like 6 perks so I dont think itll be so bad. They'd also have to give up toughness and other quality of life perks.

2 perks.

It takes 2 perks to be immune to every streak in the game, besides system hack.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Oh I was counting stealthy type stuff like blast suppressor

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I usually know what to expect with CoD, but Ghosts was such a steaming pile of poo poo that I haven't preordered this. Has there been any word (from devs or leaks or whatever) on PC performance? Ghosts was awful on PC, I remember having too many friends on your steam list would make it choke on itself. From the sounds of it maps sound a lot better, yeah? Ghosts maps were just too big and I hated most of them.

E: Went back to the OP and I guess this is the console thread, sorry.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Gamestop actually changed their midnight launch policies recently, such that all games launch at midnight EST. If you're on the west coast, that means you actually can stroll in at 9pm and pick it up. They just rolled the change out last week for Sunset Overdrive.

Source: http://www.gamestop.com/collection/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

E: I'm buying this poo poo because I'm dumb and gay and have monday off anyway so add GT Shiny Pidgey for xbone shootmans.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 2, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Uh, the west coast is PST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Aphrodite posted:

Uh, the west coast is PST.

Whoops.

Well I did say I was dumb and gay. Fixed anyway.

• Locked thread