Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Gamzee spotted being not-dead. :negative:

The only way Gamzee will stop being in the comic is when the comic ends.

The last loving page will be Gamzee, mark my words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

WAR FOOT posted:

The only way Gamzee will stop being in the comic is when the comic ends.

The last loving page will be Gamzee, mark my words.

He is, after all, the most important character in Homestuck.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Davinci posted:

poo poo what if Lord English really is Hussie and it turns out that Homestuck all this time has been Caliborn's fanfic and Hussie has been Caliborn's humansona all this time.

It's all being dreamed by the guy who writes Gamebro.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
so her hiding spot is just like in his dumb head?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh poo poo

http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=008617

This is not good.

Specifically:
JADE: by the way
JADE: what is with this stage?
JADE: is it from one of your memories?
CALLIOPE: no.
CALLIOPE: i thoUght it was yoUr memory?
JADE: i dont think so
JADE: it would seem to be some sort of imaginary figment that turned into a real object
JADE: i wonder why it looks like a drawing?
CALLIOPE: shrUg.
JADE: hey why dont you come up here and help me get these curtains open
JADE: since its the only thing weve got in this boring vortex we might as well try to have a little fun!
CALLIOPE: yeah!!

He is already here. :tinfoil:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah and that exchange was the very last thing we've seen of Calliope and Jade before we went back to the horrible poo poo that went down right before (and after) the hiatus. So when we return to them we may find out that Caliborn/English/whoever isn't as unaware of Calliope's location as she hoped.

In other news, Andrew put up a news post detailing the update schedule for the next ActActIntermission. Cliffs notes - it's 450 pages long and will be posted over the next 3 months. This is the 3 months he was talking about that he already has done it seems, as he needs to work on the next ActActAct and ActActIntermission as he's posting these.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So how long until the homestuck fandom makes cal coins real? And where can I invest because it will probably be dumb enough to be halfway successful like dogecoin.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mspa on a mwf schedule, the world must be ending

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cmykjester posted:

So how long until the homestuck fandom makes cal coins real? And where can I invest because it will probably be dumb enough to be halfway successful like dogecoin.

Well according to the news post, the head honchos of Reddit are hard at work on it as we speak.

Tollymain posted:

mspa on a mwf schedule, the world must be ending

Right!? He better at least put them up at unpredictable times or I won't know how to handle this.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

cmykjester posted:

Didn't the whole cryptocoin phase die down a bit though? I barely see it being talked about anymore. Heaven forbid Hussie reignites it with his year-old panels.

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008

Hussie posted:

I briefly considered making calcoins a real thing in tandem with this update. I asked somebody how bitcoins worked, and the absolute worst case scenario happened. Bitcoins were explained to me. So obviously I axed that idea. But maybe there's still hope? Maybe intrepid fans can make calcoins real. Who's in charge of making all the bitcoins out there? Is that Reddit? I think it might be Reddit. Somebody please get in touch with the head honchos of Reddit and get to work on the calcoins, stat. Bonus points if they can somehow have negative monetary value. That way, when the bubble bursts, we'll all make millions. Just be sure to funnel tons of coins into my Swiss cloud of fiduciary mainframes, invisible to the prying eyes of Uncle loving Sam.
Oh, Hussie :allears:

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I don't know how to explain this, exactly, but it feels like Caliborn is becoming more like all the people he's interacted with, even John.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I'm also not really sure how I never connected Caliborn and Lil Cal before. :tinfoil:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Poultron posted:

I'm also not really sure how I never connected Caliborn and Lil Cal before. :tinfoil:

wait, really?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is that... is that a Mon/Wed/Fri schedule? Is he allowed to do that :catstare:

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Tollymain posted:

wait, really?

Look man I'm a little bit slow, okay? It only hit me after Hussie referred to Caliborn as Cal in the update.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So, does scanning the QR codes on http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT6.php?s=6&p=008841 do anything? I'd check it myself but my phone is dead.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What I'm most interested in is "Everything after that [A6A6I5] is low page-count (albeit laborious to produce) endgame stuff."

So does that mean that A6A6A6 and Act 7 will just be flashes or something?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

sitchelin posted:

So, does scanning the QR codes on http://www.mspaintadventures.com/ACT6ACT6.php?s=6&p=008841 do anything? I'd check it myself but my phone is dead.

Yes. The "public address" links you to MSPA; the "private key" has a special message from Lil Cal.

They are, of course, a parody of paper bitcoin "wallets".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Poultron posted:

Look man I'm a little bit slow, okay? It only hit me after Hussie referred to Caliborn as Cal in the update.

That was the biggest question in homestuck, though

"If this is little cal, who's big cal?"

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

inklesspen posted:

Yes. The "public address" links you to MSPA; the "private key" has a special message from Lil Cal.

They are, of course, a parody of paper bitcoin "wallets".

What's the message?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I love that not only does that barcode resolve to the MSPA website, but it contains the word 'joy'.

That had to take a few extra minutes of work.

NewMars posted:

What's the message?

The text printed on the top of the tickets. Haha, etc.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Just noticed that Doze isn't animated, haha.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
If it is true that this was all written last year, I wonder if Hussie would have thought better of writing about Caliborn taking people's money to fund his bad art, if he knew that the Homestuck Adventure game would have had so many problems.

What David Foster Wallace said about irony kind of applies here: being ironically self-deprecating while you are actually being insincere with people is a terrible move.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

CuddlyZombie posted:

What I'm most interested in is "Everything after that [A6A6I5] is low page-count (albeit laborious to produce) endgame stuff."

So does that mean that A6A6A6 and Act 7 will just be flashes or something?

The end of act six will probably be another cascade-tier animation. As for act 7, he's made it pretty clear for awhile now that it's not going to be much more than an epilogue (but then again Hussie, so who the gently caress knows).

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

glowing-fish posted:

If it is true that this was all written last year, I wonder if Hussie would have thought better of writing about Caliborn taking people's money to fund his bad art, if he knew that the Homestuck Adventure game would have had so many problems.

What David Foster Wallace said about irony kind of applies here: being ironically self-deprecating while you are actually being insincere with people is a terrible move.

Yeah, that joke made me a bit leery, especially because it wasn't critical to the scene and Hussie's been coming off increasingly, uncomfortably earnest and direct when talking about the game. On the other hand it's perhaps a good sign that he doesn't think things have gotten so serious yet that he can't joke about them.

More generally, Caliborn's whole "HOMOSUCK" thing is kind of interesting because it reads like Hussie viciously self-deprecating his own work, but it's coming from a character who's an evil little moron. Caliborn isn't a strawman of people's criticisms of Homestuck, he's more like how a critic of Homestuck would satirize it and is actually presented effectively, which is a weird thing for a villain within the story to be.

Caliborn's looking pretty Lord English in the UNGRATEFULTUDE panel.

Edit: VVVV That's been the going theory since about the time we met Caliborn.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 2, 2014

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Please tell me that Lord English is just an OC Caliborn made to beat up his "haters". :allears:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Please tell me that Lord English is just an OC Caliborn made to beat up his "haters". :allears:

The only strange thing about that is this: Why doesn't his OC have wings? We know that all adult cherubs have wings, and that Caliborn desperately wants to be an adult, so why no wings on his super over powered original character? :tinfoil: How far does this rabbit hole go?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The creation of Lord English was innocent in its intent: to beat up people who hated on Caliborn's art. But considering that his "art" including many fundamental elements of reality, literally everyone had complained about something Caliborn has made at some point. And so, due to vague wording, the entire universe is slated for termination.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I didn't quite read the crowdfunding gag as a jab at his own Kickstarter (although I can certainly see it), I saw it as making fun of the overentitled assholes trying to crowdfund creative projects to replace their jobs, because they are an artist and don't want to work for a living.

With the rise of Patreon most of those idiots have moved there, so I think this joke's ringing a tad hollow just because the specific way it's telling it is a tad outdated. This one was clearly written before Patreon really started becoming a thing.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Cleretic posted:

I didn't quite read the crowdfunding gag as a jab at his own Kickstarter (although I can certainly see it), I saw it as making fun of the overentitled assholes trying to crowdfund creative projects to replace their jobs, because they are an artist and don't want to work for a living.

With the rise of Patreon most of those idiots have moved there, so I think this joke's ringing a tad hollow just because the specific way it's telling it is a tad outdated. This one was clearly written before Patreon really started becoming a thing.

Yeah, this seemed more like a jab at kickstarter in general, not his kickstarter.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Gamzee spotted being not-dead. :negative:

Only half of him!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Though, judging from which bit of him we see, it looks like he's all-right. :v:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I want to say "Homestuck should be only about Caliborn's quest as a tortured artist and storyteller" but I'm getting the feeling that's what Homestuck has always been about as of this update.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Once again, Caliborn is presented as the only character in the story willing to put in any amount of effort to accomplish his goals; going back to the basics to learn how to be better.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Gamzee confirmed to be half alive.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CuddlyZombie posted:

Just noticed that Doze isn't animated, haha.

And Itchy's moving faster than the rest!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

glowing-fish posted:

Yeah, this was a funny update, but making fun of Kickstarters when you're already severely mismanaging your own Kickstarter is some weird poo poo.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Any clues yet to what the significance is of all those right angles Cal draws? Or is it just a 'he is a lovely artist' joke and I'm overthinking it?

lotus circle posted:

I want to say "Homestuck should be only about Caliborn's quest as a tortured artist and storyteller" but I'm getting the feeling that's what Homestuck has always been about as of this update.

But if this is true it means at some point he grows tremendously as a person, the hateful little shitstain he exists as now wouldn't be at all capable of summoning up enough basic humancherub empathy to write likeable characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm pretty sure there has never been anything insincere about Homestuck. Which is really the most ironic thing of all.