Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
Definitely. You don't know the size of the thing the texture is attached to. You generally need to be still to notice it, unless you're playing, like, World of Warcraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alasyre posted:

Never let it be said that Trainwiz can't take a good idea and create tedium out of it. I also think he's trying to make the point that the console commands are CHIM by forcing me to use it to fix bugs. Wheels of Lull request for help: Am I supposed to be fighting Masscroft in the Bottom of the World, Elevator? Because epic music is great when nothing appears or happens? I used "placeatme" to force him to show up. Also, how many times to I need to knock him into this loving pit? Am I doing something wrong? I knock him in to the pit and before he hits the bottom he teleports out?

Yes, that's where you're supposed to fight him. You have to knock him in lots. Maybe 10 times.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

Yes, that's where you're supposed to fight him. You have to knock him in lots. Maybe 10 times.

Thanks. Trainwiz mods are like a loveless marriage but you stay together for the kids.

I will say that Wheels of Lull has way more polish than his other mods, and he's a good writer. Like Sotha Sil Expanded, I feel like I'll appreciate this mod when its all over, but christ does he love some stupid platformer puzzles.

Edit: pretty sure that battle is bugged for me, because that motherfucker won't die.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 1, 2014

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir
I am having an issue where the entire screen goes black and wigs out with red spots along the 7,000 Steps. I can't find any conflicts, I reworked the load order and it's all been cleaned as best as I can figure out (I'm still new to modding).

I'm pretty sure at this point it's a hardware issue (I'm also new to PC gaming :( ), but it only happens in that particular spot in the game, and I haven't had issues with it in previous saves. Any ideas? I'll throw my load order out there in case there's something I missed. I can't even figure out which mods other than the environment textures and stuff that would affect that area.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-3.esp
Arrowsmith.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
soulgemexchange.esp
NobleWeddingDressByUrshi.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
WATER.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
SabreFurBag.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
JKs Whiterun.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Elisdriel.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
SC_NobleDresses.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
WATER Plants.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
tinytreehome.esp
SkyUI.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
zz_GDRAHoods.esp
GDRangerArmor.esp

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Might be something with game files, have you tried verifying the game files? (you'll have to re-clean the official plugins though)

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

aghastly posted:

I am having an issue where the entire screen goes black and wigs out with red spots along the 7,000 Steps. I can't find any conflicts, I reworked the load order and it's all been cleaned as best as I can figure out (I'm still new to modding).

I'm pretty sure at this point it's a hardware issue (I'm also new to PC gaming :( ), but it only happens in that particular spot in the game, and I haven't had issues with it in previous saves. Any ideas? I'll throw my load order out there in case there's something I missed. I can't even figure out which mods other than the environment textures and stuff that would affect that area.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-VanillaNights-Lvl-3.esp
Arrowsmith.esp
KS Hairdo's.esp
Bounty Gold.esp
soulgemexchange.esp
NobleWeddingDressByUrshi.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
UnlimitedBookshelves.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
WATER.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
SabreFurBag.esp
SFO - Expanded Diversity.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
JKs Whiterun.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Elisdriel.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp
SC_NobleDresses.esp
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
WATER Plants.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
tinytreehome.esp
SkyUI.esp
Hunterborn.esp
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
zz_GDRAHoods.esp
GDRangerArmor.esp

Did you run LOOT to set a load order? If not, try that.

Also, if using both Climates of Tamriel and Realistic Lighting Overhaul then look here.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Over the last summer, I started experimenting with modding games for the first time. Since I was on a six year old laptop, my choice of games were pretty limited. KotoR 1 and the old Jedi Outcast games were about as advanced as I was able to go. However, I just managed to build a new system for myself and I was wanting to start modding some more recent titles, Skyrim being one of the main ones. I know I've got the specs to handle the base game, but I was wondering how much of a strain the mods would put on my system. My current specs are:

Intel i5-5490 CPU @ 3.3 GHz
8192 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card
250 GB Samsung SSD

Would this be enough to handle the extensive modding I was hoping to do? Or am I limited to a handful of basic plug-ins so that my computer doesn't catch fire?

aghastly
Nov 1, 2010

i'm an instant star
just add water and stir

SolitarySolidarity posted:

Did you run LOOT to set a load order? If not, try that.

Also, if using both Climates of Tamriel and Realistic Lighting Overhaul then look here.

Yup, the one I posted is the load order set by LOOT.

Thank you! I'll take a look at this and also at the game files.

EDIT: Waiting until morning in-game fixed the problem, but I still want to figure out what mod(s) is causing it. I'll try moving the RLO mods farther down the load order to see if that helps.

aghastly fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 1, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Canemacar posted:

Over the last summer, I started experimenting with modding games for the first time. Since I was on a six year old laptop, my choice of games were pretty limited. KotoR 1 and the old Jedi Outcast games were about as advanced as I was able to go. However, I just managed to build a new system for myself and I was wanting to start modding some more recent titles, Skyrim being one of the main ones. I know I've got the specs to handle the base game, but I was wondering how much of a strain the mods would put on my system. My current specs are:

Intel i5-5490 CPU @ 3.3 GHz
8192 MB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti graphics card
250 GB Samsung SSD

Would this be enough to handle the extensive modding I was hoping to do? Or am I limited to a handful of basic plug-ins so that my computer doesn't catch fire?

Space *might* be a problem, but you should be good as long as you don't go crazy with all 4k textures and ENB.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Is there any mod that makes it so that I'm never confronted with being the dragonborn? That seems like it might be hard to do, but the game has been out a while so maybe? I installed the alternate start mod which is awesome, but I'm assuming that the game still thinks I'm the dragonborn.

my immersion

Deofuta posted:

With the alternate starts mod, until you decide to go to Helgen there are surprisingly few mentions of being dragonborn at all. Really all you will get is the occasional mention of dragons returning, but you won't see any until your first attack as normal outside of windhelm.
Cool deal, so I'll just avoid Helgen

Neat Machine fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 1, 2014

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
With the alternate starts mod, until you decide to go to Helgen there are surprisingly few mentions of being dragonborn at all. Really all you will get is the occasional mention of dragons returning, but you won't see any until your first attack as normal outside of windhelm.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Skyrim Unbound lets you turn pretty much all of that off, including word walls and absorbing dragon souls.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I appear to have a problem where I use the console to add mod versions of items to my inventory but they don't appear in my SkyUI list.
I have checked this by dropping every item I have and I still have some weight usage.

I have tried disabling SkyUI to see if I can see the items in the normal inventory screen however my save crashes without it enabled.

Is there a command I can use that drops all items in my inventory?

edit: nevermind I found a command to find what was causing the issue.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 2, 2014

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

aghastly posted:

In cases like this it's almost always either a mesh conflict or new spawns breaking something. I had that problem along the path between Helgen and Riverwood a while back. I don't know all of those mods by name but if you can think of anything that alters that area, that would be where to start. Flora Overhaul might also be the culprit if too much underbrush is spawning in one area at once.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Anybody using Hoth as a follower? I've got the seeming common problem of not being able to recruit him, I've read through half a dozen pages of comments on Nexus and see a lot of people with the same issue but no answers as to how to correct it, figured a smart Goon might know. I tried removing the mod, cleaning the save, waiting to reset the cell and adding it back into my load without any luck and I can't find any conflicts with the mod.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Klowns posted:

Anybody using Hoth as a follower? I've got the seeming common problem of not being able to recruit him, I've read through half a dozen pages of comments on Nexus and see a lot of people with the same issue but no answers as to how to correct it, figured a smart Goon might know. I tried removing the mod, cleaning the save, waiting to reset the cell and adding it back into my load without any luck and I can't find any conflicts with the mod.

Hoth won't join if you already have a follower with you. A modder made a fix, however.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41524/

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I decided to switch over to Mod Organizer from Nexus Mod Manager to have different mod profiles for different characters.

Now all the NMM mods are listed as 'unmanaged', so I can't turn them on or off. Do I have to download all my mods again, or can they be imported to be managed by MO somehow?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

axolotl farmer posted:

I decided to switch over to Mod Organizer from Nexus Mod Manager to have different mod profiles for different characters.

Now all the NMM mods are listed as 'unmanaged', so I can't turn them on or off. Do I have to download all my mods again, or can they be imported to be managed by MO somehow?

This video might have the info you need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD-StaBzXaI

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Trying to download mods using MOD ORGANIZER but get an error that says I need to click on the globe icon in the mod before it can be a recognized handler. I have done this, and I have done the workaround version changer, and still no luck. It looks like the version isn't staying changed, and is remaining at 0.52.0. What a piece of poo poo.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 2, 2014

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Trying to download mods using MOD ORGANIZER but get an error that says I need to click on the globe icon in the mod before it can be a recognized handler. I have done this, and I have done the workaround version changer, and still no luck. It looks like the version isn't staying changed, and is remaining at 0.52.0. What a piece of poo poo.

Both times I've installed Mod Organizer, the internal setup for doing this hasn't worked for me but running the "nxmhandler.exe" file that it puts into the install folder has fixed it on the first try. Is that maybe the issue?

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

IAmTheRad posted:

Hoth won't join if you already have a follower with you. A modder made a fix, however.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41524/

I had Follower Compatibility installed and still no luck, turns out even after dismissing all my followers followercount still wasn't 0 so I used the console command to set it and he joined up. Thanks for the help.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

GunnerJ posted:

This video might have the info you need:

Thanks, just what I was looking for.

Ended up using the MO internal importer despite all the warnings, and it turned out mostly ok. Had to reisntall SPERG and one or two other mods, but I'm not running too many so it wasn't a problem.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone here going with a pure Steamworks mod set install? How do you like it? I've always used either NMM or MO with nexus mods, but am wondering if Steamworks is decent these days. It seems like a lot of mods are just plain not available or out of date on Steamworks.

Ugh, deciding between doing all the work to set up a fresh modded skyrim or just playing DA: Inq when it cmoes out in a couple weeks. My last skyrim playthrough was about a year ago. I remember the desync between character faces/mouths and their speech was a really annoying bug. Is that fixed yet by a mod or patch?

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Steamworks would be great if the modding community weren't so far up their collective asses that they considered releasing outside of nexus. Although a lot of mods also require a good bit of tweaking to get working together, so NMM and MO have really apparent advantages with stuff like load order.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I think the main issue with the Steam Workshop mods was that Steam will automatically download updates to them, no matter what, unless you manually 'unsubscribed' to the mod (like when a modder changed an armor mesh/texture in an "update" just to make fun of someone, when the mod had nothing to do with armor). I think it also won't let you upload .esm files, or loose meshes and textures, unless that changed.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Steamworks would be great if the modding community weren't so far up their collective asses that they considered releasing outside of nexus.
The real problem is that the Steam Workshop is kinda poo poo.
You can't upload .esm or loose files. You can't include documentation or optional plugins. There's a 100mb size limit. And there's dumb crap like mods auto-updating whenever the modder uploads a new version and mods disabling themselves when the modder removes the mod, all without your input which is annoying and can lead to various sorts of trouble.

e:fb...

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Here's my process when I really need a mod from the Steam Workshop (Skyrim Unbound is the only one that comes to mind these days):
  • Subscribe to the mod, launch Skyrim to download the files. Close Skyrim.
  • Go to my Skyrim data folder. Zip up the files in an archive.
  • Unsubscribe to the mod, launch Skyrim to clear the files from the load order. Close Skyrim.
  • Delete the mod. Move the archive to wherever I'm keeping backups of my mods. (Normally I just download everything manually off the Nexus.)
  • Use mod organizer to open up the archive and add it to my mod list.
Steam Workshop by itself isn't terribly helpful for all the reasons stated above.

On a completely different note, what are folks' thoughts on Organized Bandits of Skyrim? Are the extra fights and challenge worth it, or is as wonky as some are saying?

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

On a completely different note, what are folks' thoughts on Organized Bandits of Skyrim? Are the extra fights and challenge worth it, or is as wonky as some are saying?

I enjoy it. I use it in addition to OBIS Redone (which isn't very lore friendly) which adds a bunch more factions for bandits and adds more unique outfits for them. The author of OBIS said that they might integrate some of the Redone features into the main mod eventually.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

I enjoy it. I use it in addition to OBIS Redone (which isn't very lore friendly) which adds a bunch more factions for bandits and adds more unique outfits for them. The author of OBIS said that they might integrate some of the Redone features into the main mod eventually.

The author also said something about integrating "Elemental Arrows," which seems like some weird feature creep and is annoying because I don't want that mod tbh.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Is there a sort of MGSO.exe that will automatically install all the latest and greatest mods like the one for Morrowind? It was great just clicking next, OK, and Yes, watching a program do all the tedious bullshit, then playing a 10 year old game that looked brand new.

Sure would be great if Skyrim had that kind of program.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

(The Insane) Mod Authors/Nexus has too much of a stick up their collective asses for that to happen.

Also, I thought the Morrowind version of that got pulled because of the same stick-up-rear end reasons?

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

SystemLogoff posted:

(The Insane) Mod Authors/Nexus has too much of a stick up their collective asses for that to happen.

Also, I thought the Morrowind version of that got pulled because of the same stick-up-rear end reasons?

I just did it :shrug: There are about 5 or 6 mirrors hosting the MSGO program and it owns. Morrowind looks like a new game.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I just did it :shrug: There are about 5 or 6 mirrors hosting the MSGO program and it owns. Morrowind looks like a new game.

Ah, I was wrong about MSGO. I could have sworn that there was a collection mod for Morrowind that was pulled because :nexus:.

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
Are there any mods that do a truly quality job making unarmed a viable thing? I'm surprised ACE doesn't do anything with it.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Can someone help me figure out what is causing my water to act up?

Using ProjectENB and these mods (sorted) through MO:

quote:

mod_id,mod_installed_name,mod_version,file_installed_name
9557,"Alternate Start - Live Another Life","2.5.3.0","Alternate Start - Live Another Life-9557-2-5-3.7z"
10383,"Better Dynamic Snow","2.4.0.0","Better Dynamic Snow 2_4-10383-2-4.7z"
27443,"Better Torches","1.1.0.0","Better Torches 1-1-27443-1-1.7z"
24020,"Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource","1.0.0.0","Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition-24020-1-0.7z"
12092,"Cloaks of Skyrim","1.2.0.0","Cloaks of Skyrim 1-2 -12092-1-2.rar"
42662,"Dynamic Loot","3.2.0.0",""
85,"Enhanced Night Skyrim","0.4.0.0","Enhanced Night Skyrim v04 Color Galaxy-85-0-4.zip"
52019,"Follower Commentary Overhaul - FCO","1.3.0.0","Follower Commentary Overhaul-52019-1-3.7z"
23390,"Guard Dialogue Overhaul","1.4.0.0","Guard Dialogue Overhaul-23390-1-4.7z"
34950,"Immersive Animations","2.1.0.0","Immersive Animations - NMM Installer - Complete Pack-34950-V2-1.rar"
19733,"Immersive Armors","7.1.0.0","Immersive Armors v7_1-19733-7-1.7z"
36334,"Inconsequential NPCs","1.9.0.0c","Inconsequential NPCs 1 dot 9c-36334-1-9c.7z"
51473,"iNeed - Food Water and Sleep","1.22.0.0","iNeed v1_22-51473-1-22.7z"
18916,"Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One","2.5.0.0","Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - MCM Special Edition-18916-2-5.rar"
44179,"Lore Weapon Expansion","1.3.0.0","Lore Weapon Expansion-44179-1-3.7z"
17802,"Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3","3.1.0.0","Climates Of Tamriel - V3-1-17802-3-1.zip"
30450,"Realistic Lighting Overhaul","4.0.8.1","Realistic Lighting Overhaul 4_0_8_01 NMM-BAINWizard Installer-30450-4-0-8-01.7z"
601,"Realistic Ragdolls and Force","1.9.0.0","Realistic Force-601-1-9.rar"
14227,"Ruins Clutter Improved","2.8.0.0","Ruins_Clutter_Improved_2-8 NMM Installation-14227-2-8.7z"
23906,"Run For Your Lives","2.0.3.0","Run For Your Lives-23906-2-0-3.7z"
141,"Skyrim Flora Overhaul","1.87.0.0a","Skyrim Flora Overhaul Basic Edition v187-141-1-87a.7z"
607,"Skyrim HD - 2K Textures","1.6.0.0","Skyrim HD v1_5 FULL - Landscape-607.7z"
3863,"SkyUI","4.1.0.0",""
10886,"Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds","1.13.0.0","Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds 1_13 Full Version-10886-1-13.zip"
8655,"Static Mesh Improvement Mod","1.74.0.0","SMIM 1-74-8655-1-74.7z"
14157,"Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf","2.1.0.0","Thieves Guild Requirements-14157-2-1.zip"
36006,"Ultimate Combat","2.52.0.0","Ultimate Combat-36006-2-52.7z"
28642,"Ultimate HD Fire Effects","1.9.0.0","Ultimate HD Fire Effects -Ultra Version--28642-1-9.zip"
-1,"Unmanaged: Further Dark Dungeons for ENB","",""
-1,"Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack01","",""
-1,"Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack02","",""
-1,"Unmanaged: HighResTexturePack03","",""
31255,"Unofficial High Resolution Patch","1.1.9.0a","Unofficial High Resolution Patch-31255-1-1-9a.7z"
19,"Unofficial Skyrim Patch","2.0.7.0","Unofficial Skyrim Patch-19-2-0-7.7z"
13268,"W.A.T.E.R - Water And Terrain Enhancement Redux","2.1.0.0","WATER 2.1-13268-2-1.7z"

I tried uninstalling W.A.T.E.R, getting the same thing.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Duck and burger posted:

Are there any mods that do a truly quality job making unarmed a viable thing? I'm surprised ACE doesn't do anything with it.

Sperg has 3 perks in the Unarmed tree that sound like they make unarmed pretty viable.

quote:

Acid Splash - As long as one hand is free, melee attacks deal 50% more critical damage and have a 20% chance to deal extra poison damage over 3 seconds.
Blade Catcher - As long as one hand is free (unarmed or spell), melee attacks deal 20% more damage and you have a 10% chance to disarm attackers that strike you in melee.
Cheap Shot - As long as one hand is free, power attacks have a 25% chance to cripple the target. Unarmed attacks have a 5% higher chance to critically hit.
I never played an unarmed character though so I couldn't really say much beyond that.

EDIT- can someone make a compatibility patch that makes it so Heavy Armory weapons can be melted down with Sperg?

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 3, 2014

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've been using a lot of unarmed with SPERG. It takes a lot of effort but I'm about to the point where it seems as good as my crappy sword ability with a fairly good sword. I'm not sure if I'd consider it viable all by itself, but with enchantments for Fortify Unarmed on your gloves and rings, along with some perks scattered all throughout the tree, you can at least feel useful.

Plus the unarmed kill animations are hilarious.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
I have no idea what is causing this but it is impossible to play if the sun isn't out. I looked at this page that the entire internet tells you to consult. Except how do I find what active spell/shader ID's are active? The only buffs I have are item enchants and the Mage Stone. The cloud is still there without any armor/weapons equipped. And I am unsure when I got all glowy. I don't use any visual effects changing mods, but I do have Apocalypse Magic. Any suggestions? I am stumped.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
Is that the kind of thing those shrines in whiterun's temple of kynareth are supposed to fix? The shrines added by the unofficial patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Fina posted:

I've been using a lot of unarmed with SPERG. It takes a lot of effort but I'm about to the point where it seems as good as my crappy sword ability with a fairly good sword. I'm not sure if I'd consider it viable all by itself, but with enchantments for Fortify Unarmed on your gloves and rings, along with some perks scattered all throughout the tree, you can at least feel useful.

Plus the unarmed kill animations are hilarious.

Hahahaha I have never seen these until literally just now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddeTaBGzS0

• Locked thread