Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That LTG vs Viscant poo poo was fuckin intense. If that stuff happened at NLBC they'd both probably get their asses laughed out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ahahahahahahaha...Rico is talking about the Sanford stick smash incident.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How come mike ross gets a capcom pro tour player spotlight? He's not qualified or in the running points-wise. Are they just doing them for popular players?

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

Fauxtool posted:

How come mike ross gets a capcom pro tour player spotlight? He's not qualified or in the running points-wise. Are they just doing them for popular players?

As someone who just got into fighting games a few months ago, I learned about Daigo (well more, I saw the videos), then Wong, then Mike Ross. He's a celebrity regardless of his standing at this point

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

mmj posted:

As someone who just got into fighting games a few months ago, I learned about Daigo (well more, I saw the videos), then Wong, then Mike Ross. He's a celebrity regardless of his standing at this point

Pity you had to learn about those two plebs before you discovered the best the fgc has to offer

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnonSpore posted:

Pity you had to learn about those two plebs before you discovered the best the fgc has to offer

You mean class acts like ltg and Noel brown?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
http://www.twitch.tv/mixupnight

a Japanese tournament is doing persona and kof

the commentary isn't very good, but the play is.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Day 2 of Capcom Pro Tour Asia is on right now, https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Xian just had one of the best comebacks against Jiewa I have ever seen, started off by reacting to a whiffed step kick from Ken with super into ultra.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Xian has a Poison, Gamerbee as an Elena???

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just found out guilty gear xrd is coming out this year>?!?!?! I haven't been following fighting game news. I'm excited. Is anyone making a GG thread

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just found out guilty gear xrd is coming out this year>?!?!?! I haven't been following fighting game news. I'm excited. Is anyone making a GG thread

Probably. The demo is out on Japan PSN for PS4 if you have plus until the 29th. If you make a new account you can get 14 days free PS+ in the menus, you can play it as fast as you can download it. (It's really awesome so far)

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Family friendly Street Fighter with Team Pie.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Level Slide posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Family friendly Street Fighter with Team Pie.

haha poo poo is getting real. I love it.

That booty on stream man.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Or rather, the implication of booty for anyone who's watching the stream exclusively.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Level Slide posted:

Or rather, the implication of booty for anyone who's watching the stream exclusively.

lol apparently both boxes were magically delicious.

E: They're drunk and trying to figure out how to sneak booty in. Pretty hilarious.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 27, 2014

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Not SF but the Tekken MASTERCUP is on from Japan with 176 teams of five in attendance

http://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

iPodschun posted:

Not SF but the Tekken MASTERCUP is on from Japan with 176 teams of five in attendance

http://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Nice! And they're using arcade cabinets with their fighter cards. Neat to see that these days.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I don't know much about Tekken, but I keep hearing Tekken players don't use conventional arcade sticks. Looking at a Tag 2 cabinet, though

at least visually it seems they do. Is it a non-square gate?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Not sure about the cabinet, but a lot of Tekken players use Korean style sticks. They're "mushier" in the center and have a circle gate (or technically no gate, I guess). It makes it easier to return to neutral for dashes and the EWGF motion. The downside is SF-style motions are harder to do. I tried one after years of using a J stick and it felt like I had to really exaggerate my motions in SF to get anything to trigger.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Thanks, that was educational. From what little I know about Tekken, a faster return to neutral would give a competitive edge over someone without it.

Those cabinets here are not using Korean sticks, though, so I imagine it's a case of "not-invented here" since it's Japan.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
The best Tekken players are Korean. The return to neutral is a thing, but Korean guys dominating is also a factor.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 2, 2014

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Oh poo poo, Harada up to the bat.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gen Kids is ridiculously good

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

I don't know much about Tekken, but I keep hearing Tekken players don't use conventional arcade sticks. Looking at a Tag 2 cabinet, though

at least visually it seems they do. Is it a non-square gate?

People use all sorts of stuff for Tekken. Some people like Korean sticks for the reasons mentioned, but there's also a little bit of "Korean Starcraft players use this mouse so I need this mouse for Starcraft" in there. Tekken 5 arcade cabs actually had a PS2 port to allow people to use Dual Shock pads instead of the stick if they wanted to.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Team Korea is absolutely rolling over people right now.

Knee deserves every single big of hyperbole that goes his way.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Koreans actually have Korean sticks on the cabinets they are using. That probably gives them an advantage, but :shrug:.

Brosnan posted:

Tekken 5 arcade cabs actually had a PS2 port to allow people to use Dual Shock pads instead of the stick if they wanted to.

That is actually pretty cool. If someone wants to go and be a pad-warrior might as well allow it and get their money.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Playstation pads are hugely popular for tekken players, especially in the west.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

The Koreans actually have Korean sticks on the cabinets they are using. That probably gives them an advantage, but :shrug:.

That is actually pretty cool. If someone wants to go and be a pad-warrior might as well allow it and get their money.

tekken is one of the few fighters that lends itself super well to pad. The dpad is more responsive for twitch movement.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
Team Korea destroys everyone to win Master Cup 7, no one claps. Stay free Japan.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
The only way I could ever get King's Rolling Death Cradle to come out was by using a pad and setting the Ls and Rs to multibuttons. We used to get in arguments over whether that was "legal" in T3, but enough people used them so the "cheaters" usually won. I also used to pause after the escape point of the chickenwing to get the timing of the RDC presses down, we didn't know about "real" rules so it wasn't a round forfeit :ninja: . *o-~Tekken Memories ~-o*

I tried the same setup in TTT2, but having the TAG button in there throws it off.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Fruitsnacks posted:

Team Korea destroys everyone to win Master Cup 7, no one claps. Stay free Japan.

Koreans too strong. No Koreans next one. Oh, I joke. But too strong. Too strong.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Juicebox is streaming KOF practice: http://www.twitch.tv/juiceboxabel

Not the most entertaining stream, but holy crap, I've never seen a streamer devote so much time to answering silly questions from chat. Seriously, I've asked him a few newbie questions over the last hour, and he answers immediately with excellent tips. He switches to the character in question and actually shows exactly what you're doing wrong and what you should be doing. It's like having a hands-on professional instructor.

For anybody looking to get in to KoF or have any existing questions about it, he seems to know a shitload about every character. Can't recommend this guy enough, this is the first stream of his I've checked out.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Juicebox streams are usually just him waiting for someone to join his lobby for hours, last time I checked.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Juicebox streams are usually just him waiting for someone to join his lobby for hours, last time I checked.

That too, but while he's waiting he's very interactive and helping people out in training mode. Like I said, this is my first time watching, so I don't know if it's always like this, but I'm learning a ton.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Hobojim posted:

Juicebox is streaming KOF practice: http://www.twitch.tv/juiceboxabel

For anybody looking to get in to KoF or have any existing questions about it, he seems to know a shitload about every character. Can't recommend this guy enough, this is the first stream of his I've checked out.

Juicebox has the good kind of autism

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
No he still retweets Richard Dawkins and doesn't listen to any music except videogame music. Pretty sure it's just the regular ol' lovely autism.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good night of NLBC. Smug seems to have put a ton of work in the Ken matchup.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Hypocrisy posted:

Good night of NLBC. Smug seems to have put a ton of work in the Ken matchup.

Not to mention he unleashed a (semi?)infinite on Dieminion's Guile :stare:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hear canada cup is supposed to be on right now but i cant find it. Is there an alternate stream im missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Fauxtool posted:

I hear canada cup is supposed to be on right now but i cant find it. Is there an alternate stream im missing?

http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup
http://www.twitch.tv/canadacup2 < -- Melee right now.