Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Wow, Toure and Aguero both getting away with diving without even a yellow. Shameful reffing itpo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

EvilHawk posted:

Hmm maybe some of that £150m should've been spent on a couple more defenders

Yeah but from what I understand the medical staff told van Gaal pre season that Evans smalling and jones were looking fitter than they'd ever been

Plus I'm not really sure who we would have bought. Even now the players I see us linked to are shawcross and vlaar

City spent 30 mill on mangala and in not sure he's been worth that. The games he's looked best are next to kombat but you could stick Titus bramble next to limp any and he will look good

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

"HMMMMMMMMmm, that didn't look good but my line of sight was blocked by three players...should I radio my assistant? Oh, well, hey, it's halftime :toot:"

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

this is a shameful performance by Oliver, probs seen fergie in the crowd and shat his pants

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ref just wants to keep the game tied for the drama and tv ratings

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
you know how europeans have said that van gaal infamously starts slow and it takes a bit of time before his teams come good? Did barcelona, bayern and ajax have michael carrick and antontio valencia as their defenders?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
That was a foul by yaya btw never a pen

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Any gifs or vines of the pen appeals? Listening on the radio here

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Hoops posted:

you know how europeans have said that van gaal infamously starts slow and it takes a bit of time before his teams come good? Did barcelona, bayern and ajax have michael carrick and antontio valencia as their defenders?

Yes

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Two penalties and a red not given after the red given, no bias here, Oliver is just an idiot

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Hoops posted:

They did

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
oliver is bottling this, united should be two penalties and two red cards down

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah but from what I understand the medical staff told van Gaal pre season that Evans smalling and jones were looking fitter than they'd ever been

Plus I'm not really sure who we would have bought. Even now the players I see us linked to are shawcross and vlaar

shawcross is miles better than any of those three, they're just bad players

[quote="The Big Taff Man" post="437129 764"]
City spent 30 mill on mangala and in not sure he's been worth that. The games he's looked best are next to kombat but you could stick Titus bramble next to limp any and he will look good
[/quote]

lol

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Hoops posted:

To be fair, noted manager Davey Moyes also played Valencia as right back. And possibly Carrick at CB if I'm not mistaken.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
he's having a mare, no consistency, zaba ought to have been booked after blind for more or less the exact same foul

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm glad Januzaj went off so Rooney can't try and fail to make 9001more hollywood balls to him ffs

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Any gifs or vines of the pen appeals? Listening on the radio here

What pen appeals? Nothing of the sort in this game. A good, clean game of football imo

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

I'd do some proper lols if man united signed vlaar, as hes loving awful

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
very exciting game

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Smalling is a big fail mong, any player getting booked for trying to block a keeper's kick must be thick as gently caress

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

Smalling is a big fail mong, any player getting booked for trying to block a keeper's kick must be thick as gently caress

He's a loving retard op.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Im getting worked up, Im pumped, Manchester is Blue and Manuel is god

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Hoops posted:

yes michael carrick and antontio vlencia both played in defence for all of those teams

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Shrapnig posted:

He's a loving retard op.

How even will United line up next game?

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
I love it how after all the fellating of van Gaal by the media in the summer, he's turning out worse than moyes

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Zaba's tackle was late and bad, but Blind's was from behind with studs showing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

The second yellow was at least as dumb. There was no need to go in there and even if there was he was waaaay too late.

Fake E: Uwe Rösler just said the first foul wasnt a pen :v:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
United looked really good for the first 20 minutes too, they were pressing high well and city were struggling to string anything together

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

pik_d posted:

very carefully

I have no idea op

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

fat gay nonce posted:

yes michael carrick and antontio vlencia both played in defence for all of those teams
we both called him "antontio"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pik_d posted:

McNair back, probably.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

I love it how after all the fellating of van Gaal by the media in the summer, he's turning out worse than moyes
He's not

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

He is actually

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

stickyfngrdboy posted:

shawcross is miles better than any of those three, they're just bad players

Evans is under rated Imo he's by far the best of the 3

Jones has gone backwards, I'm not sure what happened to him. Maybe he wasn't mentally ready for the step up from Blackburn. He's just got no footballing brain which means he goes in for clumsy tackles where he gets himself injured

Smalling I think is ok but not at the United level

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

^Shawcross and Evans would be a cool and good defensive pairing. Shame we ever sold him, really. Stupid Barcelona DNA in Pique.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

worth noting that much less clear penalties have been given to pooshited on a regular basis

It all evens out in the end, stickyfngrdboy

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Just saw the Smalling second yellow and let out a long snort in this business workshop thing. What a dingus.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Yeah he drew with Chelsea at home, Moyes only drew with Swansea.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Fellaini didn't lean down to say anything to Aguero, he bent down and spat on him. What a poo poo.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

PST posted:

Fellaini didn't lean down to say anything to Aguero, he bent down and spat on him. What a poo poo.

united are scum op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

PST posted:

Man united are a team of thugs, rotten to the core, Bobby CHarlton is a piece of poo poo

• Locked thread