Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Seeing as you gays are using kb+m with xims. What's the difference at this point between console and Pc sides userbase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

afkmacro posted:

Seeing as you gays are using kb+m with xims. What's the difference at this point between console and Pc sides userbase?

PC populations for Call of Duty games generally fall off a cliff after the first month or so. There is just way too much FPS variety on PC, almost everything else supports proper custom dedicated servers and custom maps, and Activision never includes Call of Duty games in Steam sales to any sort of significant degree ($30 is about as cheap as they get, usually long after the playerbase is long gone).

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
Who's playing on ps4¿ IOM usually on Xbox but I bought a ps4 instead of a one so I'm stuck on PSN. Hoping there are some people who have it

Anyone wanna get down tonight? I can work on a ps4 list of players

Zaius
May 14, 2007

No, that would be your mother.

all apologies posted:

Who's playing on ps4¿ IOM usually on Xbox but I bought a ps4 instead of a one so I'm stuck on PSN. Hoping there are some people who have it

There was a spreadsheet linked somewhere in the thread, but I'm not sure if it hasn't been messed with. I'm gonna be on the PS4 version, PSN: MWCZaius

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

all apologies posted:

You (and anyone else really) are welcome to add me to PSN. I'll be playing for like an hour tonight and all day tomorrow after work

PSN: gagecube-

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

versus posted:

Yeah, I was joking, because it's pretty much all chains around here.

Get this and play on PS4:

http://store.xim4.com/XIM4_p_13.html

Several of us use XIMs, and I think everyone would vouch for them. ~3.1 kd in ghosts~

This might be a stupid question, but would this thing let me use a wired 360/Bone controller on my PS4?

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Here's the spreedsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KLdVGptjaiJNQLnePo6bDPCgbLa9lJhn6Vsp6IOmjW0/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

versus posted:

Several of us use XIMs, and I think everyone would vouch for them. ~3.1 kd in ghosts~

I'm on the XIM Edge on the 360. It's brutal how free my movement in the game is.

I'm expecting it to be an overpowering advantage with the EXO movements in AW.

NICE, my wife and I are still among the only three playing on the 360. That is of course assuming Wizard Master is not just a tard and is actually getting this for all five platforms. Otherwise, we might be THE ONLY TWO!

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Well, I've finally gone and got the Xbone. I'm traveling for work until Tuesday so I probably won't have this dumb game until then.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

afkmacro posted:

I would never do such a thing and god I hope that doesn't catch on just because of how stupid it would be to have controllers vs. a few people with special mouse attachments.

Anyways, my copy is supposed to be delivered, but my new xbone won't show up until the 5th or 6th, oh well.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I've been watching a few streams now, and it seems like all of the streams I've watched have had at least a couple times where they stopped shooting a guy because they thought he was dead, and then they died. That makes me think TTK is a bit higher than what people are used to, even if it's a fraction of a second higher.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Changing the color of the killing hitmarker was one of the Ghostly innovations I'd hoped they'd bring over.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Finster Dexter posted:

I've been watching a few streams now, and it seems like all of the streams I've watched have had at least a couple times where they stopped shooting a guy because they thought he was dead, and then they died. That makes me think TTK is a bit higher than what people are used to, even if it's a fraction of a second higher.
Everyone is saying TTK is more than Ghosts but less than Blops 2.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

Changing the color of the killing hitmarker was one of the Ghostly innovations I'd hoped they'd bring over.

Yeah that and sliding are the things I will admit ghosts did good.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

The Merry Marauder posted:

What did they change the colour to? I thought it was just white?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What did they change the colour to? I thought it was just white?

Hit markers were white. Killing shot changed that hit marker to orange. It was pretty noticeable.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
This came in a patch, if anyone is puzzled.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah guys, I'm not going to be playing when the Day Zero edition hits.
I just heard Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is the free Game for Gold today. :dance:

(Just kidding.)

Astiesan
Aug 4, 2003

Yeah, about that.
I just bought this on steam.

This game is 70 freakin gigs? it better be epic.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Astiesan posted:

Wow, that is a lot of gigabytes. The gigabyte to bad game ratio is going to be off the charts

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Thanks. Added myself on there. Let's be terribad together!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Astiesan posted:

I just bought this on steam.

It's ~46 gigs. I know it says the MP is 40 gigs and the SP is 36 when you start each download, but most of the files are shared, so it winds up being ~40 gigs for the multiplayer install and 6-8 more for the single player.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer
Turned my Xbone on for the first time in months. Hoping to download as soon as I get through 30,000 updates.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

Yeah guys, I'm not going to be playing when the Day Zero edition hits.
I just heard Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise is the free Game for Gold today. :dance:

(Just kidding.)

Actually that's a Rare title so its actually pretty good. Too bad it came out this month so nobody will play it. It still costs a decent amount for a used copy for some reason, so getting it for free is nice.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

DJCobol posted:

Turned my Xbone on for the first time in months. Hoping to download as soon as I get through 30,000 updates.

How are you not using it as an All-in-One Entertainment System (tm)?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In hopes that the clan system won't be completely worthless this generation here is the PGS thread for the Playstation peoples.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3581206

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

How are you not using it as an All-in-One Entertainment System (tm)?

I had my satellite dish run though it for all of 2 days before I was sick of having to turn on/off another thing every time I wanted to watch TV.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Well I'm going out of town Thursday morning until Monday night so I can only expect to be eclipsed by you guys come next week. At least I have three days to try and get one or two prestiges :/

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Anyone else playing this on PC early via VPN? Having a hell of a time finding games now but it was fine earlier this morning. Just curious if anyone else is having issues.

Carti
Nov 15, 2005

Blackholes! Bleep! Blorp!
Do we know if MP includes hearing your enemies mic upon killing them? That poo poo always got me.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

DJCobol posted:

I'm always disappointed by how slow the Xbox Live CDN is. I went through the same update process the other day, and the updates download so slowly.

I'm very excited to teamkill you in new and exciting ways.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Is there a reason to not get this for the 360 and bone? Other than excessive use of hard drive space for the same game.

And If I purchase this on the bone will it let me downgrade to the 360 version later?

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

venutolo posted:

I'm always disappointed by how slow the Xbox Live CDN is. I went through the same update process the other day, and the updates download so slowly.

I'm very excited to teamkill you in new and exciting ways.

I haven't checked out the new stuff in this game at all. Is team killing back? IS THERE GOING TO BE A SPREADSHEET!? I'M SO EXCITED!

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Quabzor posted:

Is there a reason to not get this for the 360 and bone? Other than excessive use of hard drive space for the same game.

And If I purchase this on the bone will it let me downgrade to the 360 version later?

Purchase it on 360 and get both versions. You don't even have to download the 360 version until you feel like playing it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

DJCobol posted:

I haven't checked out the new stuff in this game at all. Is team killing back? IS THERE GOING TO BE A SPREADSHEET!? I'M SO EXCITED!

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Can't seem to join games with actual people yet but hey it seems fun and doesn't run like hot garbage. :shrug:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
lmao

Jamfrost posted:

https://twitter.com/papermarkis/status/528974814212407296

Anyone else see that? I don't know if it's real, but I laughed. Y'all can let us know tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
SPOILERS GUYS. THERES SP SPOILERS IN MY LAST POST DO NOT READ

• Locked thread