Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Totally down to play with you guys on ps4 and especially the ol' Xbox 360 crew from mw3 and blops2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

SPOILERS GUYS. THERES SP SPOILERS IN MY LAST POST DO NOT READ

Tops Homefront.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
If the 360 crew is on PS4 now feel free to send a friend request to my PSN account, SPZX, cause you know I'm gameflying this garbage until I ragequit forever.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

venutolo posted:

I'm very excited to teamkill you in new and exciting ways.

Jetpack thought it was bad before, but now we have laser shotguns.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum
I had a couple hours of hands on time this morning. The movement stuff is going to confuse me and probably require more coordination than I currently have with my left hand. I fooled around with one sniper rifle (the bolt action, single bullet one), and it felt like it ADS'd very slowly, but I never got any hit markers. It is probably going to take a while to get used to the way players move (as in the paths they take, not the exo movement stuff) and I feel like I can get shot from any direction and from any vantage, rather than knowing the two to four directions people can come from in prior games. Cherry Mountain Dew Game Fuel tastes like someone liquefied a Jolly Rancher.

venutolo fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 2, 2014

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Are there death mics? I love hearing some idiot's "Woooow"

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
I've yet to decide whether to go PS4 or Xbone, and it's actually a surprisingly hard decision. PS4 has that slight lead in the graphics, but the Xbone controller is so much goddamn better than the PS4's, at least for shooters.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

SpazmasterX posted:

If the 360 crew is on PS4 now feel free to send a friend request to my PSN account, SPZX, cause you know I'm gameflying this garbage until I ragequit forever.

Spaz! We're gonna have to get some games going. Too bad Broman went all :pcgaming: master race on us. Almost have the whole Ghost Recon crew back on.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Slanderer posted:

I've yet to decide whether to go PS4 or Xbone, and it's actually a surprisingly hard decision. PS4 has that slight lead in the graphics, but the Xbone controller is so much goddamn better than the PS4's, at least for shooters.

Non-XIM-haver spotted.

Population aside, PS4 version is 1080p while Xbone is only 900p, but the Xbone has the 30-day lead on DLC.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

I can accept literally every broken thing in that game, except that.
gently caress knifing in that game forever

Stu, ask the mods to change the thread title for launch:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - "This Game is Going to Redefine Sliced Bread" :allears:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Which game was it that had the uber powerful knifing? I basically did all the stealth perks and ran around the map knifing everyone and won every game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

Which game was it that had the uber powerful knifing? I basically did all the stealth perks and ran around the map knifing everyone and won every game.

Modern Warfare 2: Knife Harder

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I've watched a handful of streams this morning/afternoon. This game looks like poo poo.

I'm sure I'll see some of you on ps4 when this stupid loving game unlocks tonight.
Psn - poooM

Wish I didn't download it because now I don't have the option to return it but really I don't give a poo poo because I'm rich as gently caress.

I'll be drinking Duvel tonight.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Mister Macys posted:

Modern Warfare 2: Knife Harder

MLC: Major League Cutting

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I had the most fun in MW2 when everything was broken, care package knifing, akimbo 1887s, care package duping. Good game ITPO

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Turns out the PC port is good, at least as far as singleplayer goes. Biggest CoD twist yet!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The most broken and fun thing about MW2 was OMA Tubing.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'll always be partial to the akimbo Glocks having a smaller hipfire spread than the single gun. :ironicat:

el B posted:

I've watched a handful of streams this morning/afternoon. This game looks like poo poo.

I'm sure I'll see some of you on ps4 when this stupid loving game unlocks tonight.
Psn - poooM

Wish I didn't download it because now I don't have the option to return it but really I don't give a poo poo because I'm rich as gently caress.

I'll be drinking Duvel tonight.

Gin & tonics for me, or rum, lime, and Coke. Haven't decided yet.

I have three different gins (left), but only El Dorado 5, which I'm not a fan of.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Turns out the PC port is good, at least as far as singleplayer goes. Biggest CoD twist yet!

Was the port quality ever really the issue? I know they weren't great but that wasn't what killed its PC population, was it?

Spoz
May 25, 2006

I'm stoked as hell to finally have a CoD to play again. I'm gonna be playing on the bone hoping to catch a few of the old Blops 2 crew. Blues05.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I'm sure Stu is all ears on all these great thread names. Don't worry guys.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/9axpBpxfw6Y

Spoilers I guess

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Sorry for all the bone players and your p deficiency

Also you may have to redownload the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924025

Don Lapre fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 2, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

SON OF A BITCH, looks like I will be enjoying CALL OF JURY DUTY tomorrow instead. :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

univbee posted:

Was the port quality ever really the issue? I know they weren't great but that wasn't what killed its PC population, was it?

Several of the previous CoD games had horrendous issues on PC, and when you combine that with uninspired and poor quality multiplayer then you get the issues with population.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

Wazzit posted:

I'm sure Stu is all ears on all these great thread names. Don't worry guys.

Dude are you playing tonight? I don't know what I'm going to do if you all decide to be adults.

E: same question for Willy D. Alone

penis bandana fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 2, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I had the most fun in MW2 when everything was broken, care package knifing, akimbo 1887s, care package duping. Good game ITPO
The SPAS pre-nerf was also fantastic as well, one of the few times they got a shotgun right. :allears:

Don Lapre posted:

Sorry for all the bone players and your p deficiency

Also you may have to redownload the game

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924025
It's stuff like this ( And connections like mine ) that ensure physical releases aren't likely to die out soon.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Maneki Neko posted:

SON OF A BITCH, looks like I will be enjoying CALL OF JURY DUTY tomorrow instead. :(

Press X to acquit.

I had Jury Duty in September and all I did was sleep while I was waiting. Bring a book with you.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

limited posted:

It's stuff like this ( And connections like mine ) that ensure physical releases aren't likely to die out soon.

It seems like it's probably only happening for people that switched regions to play early and then tried to switch back

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Zombies is part of the season pass, are you loving kidding me.

penis bandana posted:

It seems like it's probably only happening for people that switched regions to play early and then tried to switch back

I didnt think that was possible on the bone?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I unfortunately will be a prestige behind, because my console and game arrive tomorrow at some nebulous point in time.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

penis bandana posted:

Dude are you playing tonight? I don't know what I'm going to do if you all decide to be adults.

E: same question for Willy D. Alone

I'll be on but around midnight Western time. I'm not being an adult but I'm going to a show to be a teen.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Don Lapre posted:

Are you loving serious?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Don Lapre posted:

Wait so there's no extra mode?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Don Lapre posted:

This is fitting, given the quality of content Zombies represents

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Don Lapre posted:

To be honest, considering how late it's turned up in the features announcement, and general lack of info, it'll probably be poo poo anyway. With the original mode / Extinction they were crowing about that from day one, or close to it.

It stinks of a last minute addition when they realized a proper co-op mode has helped shift units, even with the rest of Ghosts being loving terrible.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Smelly posted:

Are you loving serious?

You didn't expect to get a 5 hour game AND something else for $60 did you?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/11/02/zombies-are-in-call-of-duty-advanced-warfares-season-pass/?ncid=rss_truncated

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don Lapre posted:

Good. Zombies is poo poo and you should burn your wallet if you enjoy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
The hottest of takes on this Release Eve.

• Locked thread