Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

its under the hdd hood

Also I didn't see there was a whole other page where Sanders figured this out on his own.

'Press F to post "edit: gently caress, beaten."'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Welp I'm definitely going to have to at least rent AW so I can blow through the campaign in a weekend sometime.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Probably FC4 if it's a bit off.

*edit* wow that'll teach me to leave a window open.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Don't discount LBP3.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I doubt its AW since people have already been playing that. It might be ACU, what with that video posted earlier with the really bad character model popping.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Urdnot Fire posted:

Dunno about Talion doing them, but the orcs sure can (especially those with "the Wrestler" in their names):

Plus the Warchiefs have those introductions straight out of WWE.

... The Nemesis system would make for a really great setup for a Career mode in a WWE game.

Just saying.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Fuzz posted:

... The Nemesis system would make for a really great setup for a Career mode in a WWE game.

Just saying.

This.

Alternatively an Orc Wrestling League game.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Speaking of Ubisoft, I just finished Watch_Dogs and made a video about my experience
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJWBp50f8qo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Fuzz posted:

Just saying.

Give it a year. The new one has a Career mode inspired by Dark Souls where CAWs created by your friends can invade your career and muck around with your storylines and matches.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Jamfrost posted:

https://twitter.com/papermarkis/status/528974814212407296

Anyone else see that? I don't know if it's real, but I laughed. Y'all can let us know tomorrow.

A real CoD ad (not a parody)

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Hungry Computer posted:

This.

Alternatively an Orc Wrestling League game.

Put this exact system in a WWF-style Mutant League Football remake.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I've found the target audience.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Is this FPS games/Doritos and Mountain Dew thing an intentional or unintentional joke?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is this FPS games/Doritos and Mountain Dew thing an intentional or unintentional joke?

Its a joke because it's a thing. No one would have put those things together unless they hadn't done it themselves way back. Now they are forever entwined.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Doritos and Mountain Dew are both owned by Pepsi, follow the money!!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

homeless snail posted:

Doritos and Mountain Dew are both owned by Pepsi, follow the money!!
Yes, I will follow it...to Pepsi. What I mean is, among whoever the ads are aimed at, are Doritos and Mountain Dew wicked cool and an awesome match for shooting people online, or is it an ridiculous in-joke that just happens to be officially supported?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yes, I will follow it...to Pepsi. What I mean is, among whoever the ads are aimed at, are Doritos and Mountain Dew wicked cool and an awesome match for shooting people online, or is it an ridiculous in-joke that just happens to be officially supported?

It's very much a part of high school weird edgy jocky gamer culture. It's serious.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Is rest mode supposed to stop uploads to youtube? :effort:
It makes no sense if I'm uploading a video and the PS4 has to be fully on for it.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Is rest mode supposed to stop uploads to youtube? :effort:
It makes no sense if I'm uploading a video and the PS4 has to be fully on for it.

Check your System settings, mine automatically turned "Stay Connect to the Internet" off under Power Saving Settings > Set Functions Available in Rest Mode when the update hit.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Cheers pal, that sorted it out for me.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Press F to eat Doritos™.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I still can't get youtube to sign in or upload.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

shortspecialbus posted:

The 2.0 update is the worst friggen thing ever. Is there anyone whose console it didn't destroy with rest mode? My earlier fix attempts with validating my e-mail again don't work, I'll try the disc removed thing I guess, which defeats half the point. Oh well.

I haven't had a single problem. 2.0 has been a dream. It's fast and has added features that I've wanted since launch.

I don't use rest mode. I have warned my friends, though.

shortspecialbus posted:

If you don't need to play online, I wouldn't. It's fine when it's actually booted, but practically everyone gets stuck in sleep (rest) mode and has to pull the power cable just to turn it on.

This is a bit alarmist, I think.

Nevertheless, we went over this pages ago. If you've experienced an issue with rest mode since 2.0, don't use rest mode. Don't recreate the situation with rest mode that crashed your console. Don't continue to unplug your console and possibly corrupt your saves by assuming rest mode might work this time. And don't come into this thread and post about how you didn't take anyone's advice and continued to use rest mode after you had problems with it and people advised you not to use it. I'm sure it will be patched soon and, unless you're one of the brave souls who wants to continue searching for bugs at his own risk, please abstain from use of the feature. tia goons

SLOSifl posted:

Just shut down your PS4 until a fix is released. Stop trying to go into rest mode.

SLOSifl posted:

Just shut down your PS4 until a fix is released. Stop trying to go into rest mode.

SLOSifl posted:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Mountain Dew was always very successful as the ***EXTREME*** beverage due to a very successful marketibg campaign in the early to mid nineties. After that they coasted on licensing deals. It didn't really become a joke until fairly recently though due to it being consistently embraced by Activision with tie-in World of Warcraft flavors, the CoD marketing, etc.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it also has way more caffeine and sugar that usual soda right?

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

I still can't get youtube to sign in or upload.

I was able to sign in after I went into my google account and revoked PSN's app permissions.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Mine has done the rest mode failure thing once. Every other time it's worked just fine.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Yeah. I recently ordered some Surge off of Amazon when I was able to get past the scalpers.

Pretty sure the Surge actually had less caffeine.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Real hurthling! posted:

I don't know, but that reminds me of Jolt Cola. Now there was a soda for real gamer nerds back in the 90s/early to mid 00s, it had more sugar than all the other colas combined and double the caffeine. :kheldragar:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
White lightning jolt was the best because it tasted exactly like dimetapp. But it was never as ubiquitous as Mountain Dew got. Mountain Dew really is suoer sugary though and it's not even real sugar unless you get a more expensive variety of it.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

OH NO MAN posted:

I don't know, but that reminds me of Jolt Cola. Now there was a soda for real gamer nerds back in the 90s/early to mid 00s, it had more sugar than all the other colas combined and double the caffeine. :kheldragar:

Vault soda was killed too young.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Here in Finland we only have the regular old Mountain Dew, no different flavors or GAMER FUEL or anything like that. Ours probably has less sugar than the US version as well because we're boring like that.

I kinda like mountain dew

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
They rebranded it in Australia and chucked in some extra caffine to kind of push it as an "energy" drink...Don't really drink any of them much myself.

Posting here cos I actually got a ps4 yesterday, bit underwhelmed by it. The PSN store seemed pretty empty compared to the ps3 one, I thought theyd be all over it by now, I want to get that rubber duck game for my kids, oh well.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

BoonyPC posted:

They rebranded it in Australia and chucked in some extra caffine to kind of push it as an "energy" drink...Don't really drink any of them much myself.

Posting here cos I actually got a ps4 yesterday, bit underwhelmed by it. The PSN store seemed pretty empty compared to the ps3 one, I thought theyd be all over it by now, I want to get that rubber duck game for my kids, oh well.

To be fair the Ps3 has been out for a little bit longer.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Probad posted:

I was able to sign in after I went into my google account and revoked PSN's app permissions.

Yeah everyone says to do this but I don't have any PSN app permissions in my Google account settings.

SolitarySolidarity
Dec 29, 2012

Evolve. Control. Combine.

al-azad posted:

Man, there's like no dead zones on the DualShock 4's analog stick. I never really noticed it before until playing Strider which requires the analog stick and I keep loving ending up in the opposite direction because I let go of the analog stick and it imperceptible triggered the other direction while returning to its resting position.

Just another reason why 2D platformers should default to the d-pad. This should be industry standard.

e: I just read an article that developers can compensate for controller dead zones so I'm going to blame Double Helix for the twitchy controls.

I'm having that issue in Spelunky but I thought it was just because I installed aluminum analog sticks. I thought they were too heavy and consequently pulled my character the other way whenever I released the stick. I keep turning my back to bats and snakes. I've just resorted to the d-pad.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kilometers Davis posted:

It's very much a part of high school weird edgy jocky gamer culture. It's serious.
I guess I liked it in high school too, but the "gamer culture" then was wondering if there was some way to save Aeris. I don't know if there was any connection between it and this weird psuedo-jock stuff of today.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If i get a vita tv can i plug it into my laptop and use my ds4 on it and make my computer into a mobile playstation for remote play or does it need an outlet?

edit: now that i type that out and picture it i think im just gonna get a real vita

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Canadian Mountain Dew doesn't have caffeine (or at least didn't as of 3 years ago) which made no sense to me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
^^^Canada has a weird law on what beverages can be caffeinated, its restricted basically to coffee, tea and cola.

Video games have become just as common a social activity as shooting hoops to high schoolers so teenagers love junk food and video games so put them together and there you go.

• Locked thread