Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

muike posted:

i like to imagine he was cockney or something because i'm american and that's funny to us

Kind of like the guy in the green t-shirt at around 30 seconds in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqIcbLkY2iY

Dewgy posted:

wde post the chav-est guitars you can think of

loving guitars are for greeb's 'n that you fuckin' dickhead. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARYLIN MANSON.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

White Dog Eggs posted:

loving guitars are for greeb's 'n that you fuckin' dickhead. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARYLIN MANSON.

shite :negative:

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uja3W-ibifc

E: This was entered into a "Send us your song and you could win a mountain bike!" competition.

Barnaby Rudge fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 3, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i always thought it was weird when i watched buzzcocks that "garage" did not refer to grungey garage bands and instead really bad brit hip hop

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i'm obviously not the most well educated on the subject but english rap seems liek the most hilarious and retarded thing in the world

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

muike posted:

i'm obviously not the most well educated on the subject but english rap seems liek the most hilarious and retarded thing in the world
Nearly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDGSlfXsRiw

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
white people have kind of got the hang of black american music now, i don't think our brit cousins ever will

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

Kind of like the guy in the green t-shirt at around 30 seconds in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqIcbLkY2iY

haha the dude in the mortician shirt

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

comes along bort posted:

haha the dude in the mortician shirt

Evidence continues to pile up in my list of reasons why england owns

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
equally full of dirtbags compared to america, maybe. owns, not so sure

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There's no music equipment in this but the guy looks like some poorly designed gear himself. Plus I like his take on EDL/skinhead stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoxSdf6wOf4

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

White Dog Eggs posted:

I've only ever worked on their cheaper range and the quality is naff, but then they are pretty cheap. All of the ones I've worked on have been mauled by metal kids in one way or another, I've never actually seen one with stock wiring! The best one was a kid who wanted to fit a floyd rose to a warlock (it was warlock shaped but it had a dumb name like "Warmonger" or something) so he cut a rectangular chunk of wood out from the bottom of the guitar to just over where the tail-piece would have been. His dad brought it to me and he really, really wasn't happy.

I can't stand the aesthetics, and the few I have tried played as badly as they look. I mean Ibanez excess is just kind of thing to make one chuckle (but they play well) BC Rich excess is like the fevered dreams of prepubescent 10 year olds.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

muike posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgfvlsSkqFo

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

unlawfulsoup posted:

I can't stand the aesthetics, and the few I have tried played as badly as they look. I mean Ibanez excess is just kind of thing to make one chuckle (but they play well) BC Rich excess is like the fevered dreams of prepubescent 10 year olds.

Back in 1990 BC Rich put this ad in one of the guitar magazines and I heard that it only lasted a month because they were getting complaint letters even from the sort of people who were reading guitar magazines in 1990

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
The eagle and mockingbird are kinda cool body shapes but everything else bc rich makes is hideous bullshit

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Mockingbirds are pretty cool looking IMO. The headstock is kinda wonky though. Never played one though.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

muike posted:

It's a shame their midrange guitars are (were?) actually really solid

They still are motherfucker

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Speaking of old guitar magazines -- I'm not old enough to have been reading those magazines during the '80s glam metal days, but I've seen back issues -- here's something you'd find in the backs of all the guitar magazines in that era:

This counts as musical equipment, right?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

tacodaemon posted:

Back in 1990 BC Rich put this ad in one of the guitar magazines and I heard that it only lasted a month because they were getting complaint letters even from the sort of people who were reading guitar magazines in 1990

That is about as much class as I would expect.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
This is the nylon-string classical I've had since around 1993 (complete with water damage), where I paid $20 to a weird dude in college for it. It made a good learning guitar but it's always been a real dog to look at. It doesn't have any kind of brand marking that I can find so I assume it's some kind of terrible knock-off.

Believe it or not it sounds ok when it has good strings on.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

This is the nylon-string classical I've had since around 1993 (complete with water damage), where I paid $20 to a weird dude in college for it. It made a good learning guitar but it's always been a real dog to look at. It doesn't have any kind of brand marking that I can find so I assume it's some kind of terrible knock-off.

Believe it or not it sounds ok when it has good strings on.

is the water damage from where the weird dude peed on you while you were playing it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

is the water damage from where the weird dude peed on you while you were playing it

No, it was there when I bought it, you troll.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

bunky posted:

Don't even ask about the sticky sound hole.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

unlawfulsoup posted:

That is about as much class as I would expect.

I wonder if you can still get a poster of that ad by sending :10bux: to "Class Axe Inc." in New Jersey

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

No, it was there when I bought it, you troll.

did you ever get guitar advice from that weirdo faustus? im sure it was great

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

tacodaemon posted:

well yeah, the perspective around their torsos is all off :rolleyes:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bunky posted:

did you ever get guitar advice from that weirdo faustus? im sure it was great

As a matter of fact I did. He suggested I start out with something like a Yamaha Pacifica, which after some googling looks to be a good starter electric guitar. So in your face, bunky. Also I think you guys are way too hard on Faustus, his heart is in the right place, he was very nice to me in PMs.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

gnarlyhotep posted:

As a matter of fact I did. He suggested I start out with something like a Yamaha Pacifica, which after some googling looks to be a good starter electric guitar. So in your face, bunky. Also I think you guys are way too hard on Faustus, his heart is in the right place, he was very nice to me in PMs.

im sure he was nice to you. he likes twinks. i would suggest a fender squire strat or tele, but listen to the autistic manchild i guess

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

Yeah start with a pacifica is standard and good advice. You want at last a 112 though, the ones below that (IIRC they don't number them any more) are kinda shite. My 112J is still my favourite guitar after a lot of upgrades, but Squiers are better for getting aftermarket and replacement parts - especially upgrading the necks. IIRC they don't have any HSS strats (which are arguably the most versatile guitars to start off with) at the same price as pacificas though.

Faustus is fine for serious stuff tbh (and really, there aren't many guitarists out there who won't give you a decent answer for that question), he just... doesn't have the measure of this thread.

Nostalgic Pushead fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 3, 2014

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

tacodaemon posted:

Back in 1990 BC Rich put this ad in one of the guitar magazines.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

what's the point of steinberger instruments, anyway?

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous

muike posted:

white people have kind of got the hang of black american music now, i don't think our brit cousins ever will

Counterpoint: MC Hotwheels and the Matchbox Kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASF4gOWhN1c

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ThePutty posted:

An easy visual summary of 80s prog.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

ThePutty posted:

They are actually really nice guitars. They just look retarded.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

muike posted:

It's definitely a step up now from the early '90s when DENNY BLAZIN' made this rap video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXb6bjCCtuY

For real, find 4m 41s to spare so you can watch his introductory speech about the marketability of his new style followed by his attempt at rapping

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
That has some bitchin' zoom effects.

I don't miss the 90s.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Dirt posted:

They are actually really nice guitars. They just look retarded.

is there a steinberger that sounds nice but doesn't look terrible

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

ThePutty posted:

They're more portable and I guess not having a headstock means less breakage and easier manufacture but I don't know if that was reflected in the price.

ThePutty posted:

is there a steinberger that sounds nice but doesn't look terrible
I think you know the answer to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

tacodaemon posted:

It's definitely a step up now from the early '90s when DENNY BLAZIN' made this rap video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXb6bjCCtuY

For real, find 4m 41s to spare so you can watch his introductory speech about the marketability of his new style followed by his attempt at rapping

I watched the intro but could not watch all of the "rap" because it caused me mental and physical anguish

• Locked thread