Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

The guys on fire or the guys leaking footage? The production team in Spain really needs to fly in that giant Croatian dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Wow that's loving awesome.

DROGON :supaburn:

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Dany isn't going to ride Drogon out of the pit. Drogon is taking Tyrion away from it.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

lifts cats over head posted:

I've heard a lot about Linda's psycho behavior but haven't seen anything first hand. Is there a link to something that demonstrates this? I'm in no way doubting it's a thing, I just enjoy reading about insane diatribes.

http://hippoiathanatoi.tumblr.com/

Also a huge long tumblr post here, though the author manages to be possibly even more obnoxious than she is.

http://thestarkalypse.tumblr.com/post/38793074715/get-your-oval office-stained-fingers-off-my-mush-the-ballad

e: goddamn that leaked footage :stare:

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 3, 2014

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
What if Tyrion is the one who shats :aaaaa:

Pong Daddy
Oct 12, 2012
... Is that for real?

quote:

Re-reading A Feast for Crows and an interesting Cersei passage stood out to me. When she thinks about how Tommen will have to wait to rule, she thinks:

"I waited, so can he. I waited half my life. She had played the dutiful daughter, the blushing bride, the pliant wife. She had suffered Robert’s drunken groping, Jaime’s jealousy, Renly’s mockery, Varys with his titters, Stannis endlessly grinding his teeth."

In plain text, Cersei accepted Robert having sex with her because it was part of a role she was playing while waiting for the chance to take power herself. I don’t think it can get much more direct about the fact that Cersei clearly never expressed to Robert that she wanted to stop marital relations. She wanted him to believe she was a “pliant wife”.

Of course, given how she acted towards him, she clearly doesn’t know what pliant means, but I guess it was as close as she could get.

So, case even more closed than it already was. Robert did not rape Cersei.

Cause god drat, Linda. I think Cersei's reaction to Tywins suggestion that she get married again makes it pretty loving apparent she wanted nothing to do with Robert.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Maybe they can shat together, misery loves company.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fragmented posted:

Maybe they can shat together, misery loves company.

Then Emilia Clarke can teach Peter Dinklage how to pull off some truly amazing shitfaces:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

nine-gear crow posted:

Then Emilia Clarke can teach Peter Dinklage how to pull off some truly amazing shitfaces:

I'm seeing smug Cersei in the last frame.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Also a huge long tumblr post here, though the author manages to be possibly even more obnoxious than she is.

http://thestarkalypse.tumblr.com/post/38793074715/get-your-oval office-stained-fingers-off-my-mush-the-ballad

quote:

But hey, in the words of Bronn, “There’s no cure for being a oval office.” True enough, there’s no sorting you out. You are a rabid, man-hating crazy bitch. Actually, you’re a rabid, woman-hating crazy bitch too, towards any woman who doesn’t join your feminazi ranks. There’s plenty of evidence of you attacking female writers and female fans who happen to write or read or say things that don’t fit into your “program”.

an incredibly normal, balanced person

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Any word if Sam is has been filming at the Braavos set? I wonder if he's even going to head to Oldtown.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

knowing that the pit is happening and some dudes are gonna get melted at some point (guessing episode 9? thats when they do their crazy episodes usually) is awesome. I also ordered AWOIAF and it should be here tomorrow, so thats awesome too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mng posted:

I'm seeing smug Cersei in the last frame.

By then she's done, duh

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
The fact Linda thinks all Dornish people are white shows how much she really knows about the series. GRRM went out of his way to make Dorne pretty diverse with various groups with different appearances. Let's just look at Arianne quickly shall we?

Totally white, Linda.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Interview with Joe Dempsie in the new Total Film, where he says he'd like it if the showrunners brought him back. Either he is playing it very close to the chest, or Gendry is done.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

colonel_korn posted:

Wow... I now understand everyone's opinion on her.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
Apparently (spoiler for whether a certain character will appear in season 5) Bran isn't going to be in the next season.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/05/game-of-thrones-why-bran-season-5/

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
So basically they're just implementing the five year gap that GRRM cut out. Shame, they cut off his story just as it gets interesting.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
And just as it was getting into parts the books haven't covered yet. :tinfoil:

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

If it's been jarring to see Bran grow up so much between seasons now, wait until we skip one.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Mortabis posted:

And just as it was getting into parts the books haven't covered yet. :tinfoil:

Sansa's already there isn't she?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

In It For The Tank posted:

So basically they're just implementing the five year gap that GRRM cut out. Shame, they cut off his story just as it gets interesting.

Yeah, but I guess it makes sense in the context of "his actions will affect the future of other characters who still have a long way to go". And when you think about it, a year of Karate Kid style training montages while he spends a year slowly turning into a tree in an underground cave isn't that compelling.

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.

lifts cats over head posted:

If it's been jarring to see Bran grow up so much between seasons now, wait until we skip one.

They're probably gonna jump straight to him being a tree. Not sure if that'll be more or less jarring though..

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

webmeister posted:

Yeah, but I guess it makes sense in the context of "his actions will affect the future of other characters who still have a long way to go". And when you think about it, a year of Karate Kid style training montages while he spends a year slowly turning into a tree in an underground cave isn't that compelling.

Bran's storyline is fascinating for the explanation and exploration of magic. Plus, you have Bloodraven and the children and their unique brand of horror. If they dialed up the "these people are into some dark stuff but that is the price I have to pay" you would have amazing televsion.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
It will be great, I feel like most TV viewers are bored of Bran right now and will completely forget about him. Roll Season 6 and all of a sudden Bran's one of the most interesting characters in the series in minutes as soon as he appears.

Also I think people like Sansa and Jaime can easily get away with additional plot lines while they wait for season 6 but Bran can't really do that right now since he's locked in the cave.

BillBear fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 6, 2014

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Wait... there are peoplehere who don't think Frey pie happened? Contextual reading people. Contextual reading.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

This is how you do it. No Bran for a whole year. Then the entire first episode the next year is him influencing things that happen the prior season. With many flashbacks.

Edit: Hopefully he looks better with tree roots coming out of him, because holy poo poo he looks like my aunt. Some people can not rock long hair.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 6, 2014

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.

ActusRhesus posted:

Wait... there are peoplehere who don't think Frey pie happened? Contextual reading people. Contextual reading.

I'm cut from a literal cloth.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Brick Card posted:

It was pretty clear.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Yeah that's not one of those theories you pick up after rereading the books 20 times and writing your doctoral thesis on them. That's something you pick up right away the first time through.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm currently on a re-read and right at the Reek chapter where Ramsay comes back from looking for the Freys. It's seven kinds of obvious what happens. From the preceding Davos-chapter too. He all but tells Davos that he is going to murder the Freys after he gives them their guest gifts.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brick Card posted:

If I took this as literally as you take everything else, I'd be calling you a raghead.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Quoting from the Bad Thread.

KabukiAvenger posted:

So this happened.

Its too bad - it may be just enough to satisfy book readers. I was betting the D&D hate train would chug on until the season premiere.

If this tweet was real it has since been deleted.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's fake, if he deleted a tweet, the count would go down. And I'm sure Watchers On The Wall would know about the filming and have a post about it.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

He all but tells Davos that he is going to murder the Freys after he gives them their guest gifts.

exactly. and the big "to do" about the "guest gifts" (which are, correct me if I'm wrong, the only time in the books someone receives a "parting gift" so it's not like it's a commonplace custom) is to make goddamn certain that everyone knows "They are no longer my guests, I'm not like those guest-killing Frey bastards."

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Lycus posted:

It's fake, if he deleted a tweet, the count would go down. And I'm sure Watchers On The Wall would know about the filming and have a post about it.

Good call, the tweet count hadn't occurred to me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ActusRhesus posted:

exactly. and the big "to do" about the "guest gifts" (which are, correct me if I'm wrong, the only time in the books someone receives a "parting gift" so it's not like it's a commonplace custom) is to make goddamn certain that everyone knows "They are no longer my guests, I'm not like those guest-killing Frey bastards."

Yeah, all that part needed was for Manderly to waggle his eyebrows, wink and nudge Davos in the side while saying "Eh? Eh, Parting gift? Eh? God, I hate those Freys." to make it more obvious.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Yeah, all that part needed was for Manderly to waggle his eyebrows, wink and nudge Davos in the side while saying "Eh? Eh, Parting gift? Eh? God, I hate those Freys." to make it more obvious.

now I wish that HAD happened...because it sounds hilarious.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

MrBims posted:

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, of Lost and Thor: The Dark World Oz fame, has signed on to a role in the upcoming fifth season of Game of Thrones.

(Oz)

nine-gear crow posted:

Just do what they did at the start of Space Cowboys: cast a 20-something guy who looks enough like Sean Bean and then dub his voice over in an incredibly off-putting manner. Problem solved.

You are aware that Sean Bean is not the only main from Yorkshire? I think they'll have no problem finding a 20-something who fits all of these.

poo poo, I know someone who looks and sounds like a young Sean Bean.

wooger fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
edit:double post

• Locked thread