Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Nope. Afghan is the people, Afghani is the currency.

E: Though technically Afghan only refers to one ethnic group, the Pashtuns. The other ethnic groups in Afghanistan would not necessarily consider themselves Afghans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
This is just going to make my life that much more complicated when next I have to ask an Afghan with an afghan how many afghanis he had to put down for his afghan.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Grand Fromage posted:

E: Though technically Afghan only refers to one ethnic group, the Pashtuns. The other ethnic groups in Afghanistan would not necessarily consider themselves Afghans.

Don't forget the dogs!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mr. Fowl posted:

This is just going to make my life that much more complicated when next I have to ask an Afghan with an afghan how many afghanis he had to put down for his afghan.

That happened to me five times just this weekend alone. Certainly rather cumbersome.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The Marklar paid fifty marklars for his marklar.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Arab is the people, Arabic is the language. Persians are Iranians.

The country is pronounced Ih-rahn, the adjective is pronounced Eye-rain-ian.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Arab is the people, Arabic is the language. Persians are Iranians.

The country is pronounced Ih-rahn, the adjective is pronounced Eye-rain-ian.

Don't call them orientals. I'm surprised that word is even in my phone's keyboard.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Don't call them orientals. I'm surprised that word is even in my phone's keyboard.

Apparently it's fine to call things that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

What are they gonna' do about it?

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

VagueRant posted:

I know it's a minor quibble but I got so loving annoyed by him calling Afghans "Afghanis". I was disappointed but not surprised when Jon Stewart did it...But Oliver? drat, man.

Would Afghanistanis have been better?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

How is this so drat catchy? I had "tell me that I'm beauuutyful" stuck in my had for a day now.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

How is this so drat catchy? I had "tell me that I'm beauuutyful" stuck in my had for a day now.

Excellent post/avatar/title text combo.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Thank you for that info

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Should I expand my Puppy Court remix of Citizens United to the entire 90 min argument?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Josh Lyman posted:

Should I expand my Puppy Court remix of Citizens United to the entire 90 min argument?
If you do, I suggest you make it into several videos by the segments it can reasonably be broken into (defense speaking, prosecution speaking, etc) and put it in a Citizens United Puppy Court playlist, for people who want to watch it in 10-15 minute chunks.

Yes, though.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Circus Peanuts are loving disgusting and I'm glad John agrees. :allears:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Poothrow Wilson

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh my god, this Jane Goodall interview is amazing.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
I'm somewhat surprised he didn't mention Dr Lustig and his experience and research when it comes to the negative effects of sugar consumption. If you have no idea what I'm talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Lustig isn't well-regarded by everyone. Also think it's dumb to have him be the only person to interview on the subject.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

ufarn posted:

Lustig isn't well-regarded by everyone.

By whom? People in the sugar or HFCS industry? :)

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Google's not giving me anything. Can someone post pictures of the Sexy John Oliver, Sexy Louis CK, and whatever other sexy comedian costumes are in the series? I need the confusing nightmare fuel.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Echo Chamber posted:

Google's not giving me anything. Can someone post pictures of the Sexy John Oliver, Sexy Louis CK, and whatever other sexy comedian costumes are in the series? I need the confusing nightmare fuel.
http://www.complex.com/style/2014/10/sexy-halloween-costumes-playboy-wants-to-see

Include: Sexy Gurrm, Sexy Biden, Sexy Weird Al, Sexy Neil Degrassi Tyson

Edit:

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 27, 2014

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I should have got my wife to dress up as one of these.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

sbaldrick posted:

I should have got my wife to dress up as one of these.

Sexy Don Draper? Its not too late.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Game of Thrones and pointless sexualization. It's like every single Skyrim mod combined into one photo.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Technogeek posted:

Game of Thrones and pointless sexualization. It's like every single Skyrim mod combined into one photo.

Or, you know, just Game of Thrones :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toplowtech posted:

Sexy Weird Al, Sexy Neil Degrassi Tyson

Now that's just redundant.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
And I was under the impression that George Takei was already a sex symbol.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Toplowtech posted:

Sexy Neil Degrassi Tyson

FWIW, I'd watch Degrassi if he was on it

e: l m a o https://twitter.com/NeilDegrassi

uublog fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 28, 2014

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Really tempted to ask for a mod to change my name to Poothrow Hitler.

This show. This loving show.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Nice!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

At work today I set the new girl's password to moonitselfwasfaked.

Does anyone have the list of unlikely passwords from that episode a couple months ago? That was the only one I could remember.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

Full list of suggested passwords:

freeblagojevich
johnmayer_egot
lazenbybestbond
mrlobsterbrownies
teamheigl
michaelbaymodernfellini
veganandinevermentionit
johnoliver=christiangrey
mrschrisbrown
kimye4ever
vassarfootball
moonitselfisfaked
1000fishbutts
rieslingdelicious

veganandinevermentionit is the clear winner there, but that may be my recent-grad attitude talking.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Sighence posted:

veganandinevermentionit is the clear winner there, but that may be my recent-grad attitude talking.

Jamie Dorman is #NotMyChristian, but John Oliver is. This Election Day, vote John Oliver to be my Christian, and yours, too.

This advertisement has been paid for and sponsored by Democracy For Christian, Inc.

e: hahahahahah I just saw this

quote:

@netflix
#NotMyChristian!?! Clearly @IamJohnOliver hasn’t seen #TheFall. #YesMyChristian

uublog fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 2, 2014

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

H. Jon Benjamin!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Nick Offerman and Jon Benjamin. loving spectacular.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
In case anyone wasn't paying attention to the credits for that episode: yes, they were entirely serious about the new addition.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Hahah I love you Jon Oliver.

Started chuckling at the first joke about home improvement stores, laughed when I heard Offerman's voice and started rolling around when Jon Benjamin showed up. Superb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013

hcreight posted:

Nick Offerman and Jon Benjamin. loving spectacular.
And the fat girl from Louie! She found love!

• Locked thread