Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The GD-22S is a low dps piece of crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BReUYiGMeOY

100% uptime, 50% HSR. The GD-22S story. Wish I had this kind of trigger discipline, this guy wastes zero shots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Hey now be nice, DPS is a really important stat for people who can't aim and don't burst fire

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

The GD-22S is a absurd gun with no recoil.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
GD-22S is the one NC gun that feels like it was taken right out of Battlefield.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Broose posted:

GD-22S is the one NC gun that feels like it was taken right out of Battlefield.

I never played battlefield so I don't know what this means

I just get a kick out of the fact that statistically, it has really good recoil, velocity, and reload for an assault rifle. It feels like a Gauss Rifle S that trades attachments for double exmags being baked in. Funny to think that it used to be pretty awful pre-PU02

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth

Epic High Five posted:

The GD-22S is a low dps piece of crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BReUYiGMeOY

100% uptime, 50% HSR. The GD-22S story. Wish I had this kind of trigger discipline, this guy wastes zero shots

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/AiPappy

That guy ain't loving around, jesus :catstare:

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I never played battlefield so I don't know what this means

I just get a kick out of the fact that statistically, it has really good recoil, velocity, and reload for an assault rifle. It feels like a Gauss Rifle S that trades attachments for double exmags being baked in. Funny to think that it used to be pretty awful pre-PU02

Battlefield guns are incredibly easy to aim compared to Planetside, despite their weird recoil reset.

But guys, everyone in TIW sucks!

Renounced
Nov 8, 2005

POSTING ON THE INTERNET

The guy in the video is CaptainDF though? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/CaptainDF

The GD-22S is certainly a friendly gun to use, but if you can't get 40% HSR, the Anchor is a strong alternative. And while we're on this topic, the EM6 is either the most bugged or worst LMG in the game. I can't hit poo poo with this gun, despite what my stats say on dasanfall. It seems like sometimes when ADSing the COF is still in hip-fire mode.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

My roommate has been bugging me about playing PS2 forever and i keep telling him its alot harder then it looks and his response was about all the shooting games he played on xbox. It turns out that hes never used WASD since loving DOOM--literally the first DOOM. He has no concept of recoil/bloom and keeps asking me why he needs to zoom in if hes not using a sniper rifle. In short consoles have no loving business being goddamn shooters--is it all loving auto aim or something?

If you ever wonder, 'how can they be this bad?' well this game is apparently daunting as gently caress to the average person. I just realized how insane it is to play PS2 as i stood over his shoulder giving him directions. There would be a little red triangle flying between obstacles and i'd track it and warn him but he wouldn't even register it.

Newbies should be instantly spawned into the VR because it helped him so goddamn much.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Arghy posted:

My roommate has been bugging me about playing PS2 forever and i keep telling him its alot harder then it looks and his response was about all the shooting games he played on xbox. It turns out that hes never used WASD since loving DOOM--literally the first DOOM. He has no concept of recoil/bloom and keeps asking me why he needs to zoom in if hes not using a sniper rifle. In short consoles have no loving business being goddamn shooters--is it all loving auto aim or something?

If you ever wonder, 'how can they be this bad?' well this game is apparently daunting as gently caress to the average person. I just realized how insane it is to play PS2 as i stood over his shoulder giving him directions. There would be a little red triangle flying between obstacles and i'd track it and warn him but he wouldn't even register it.

Newbies should be instantly spawned into the VR because it helped him so goddamn much.

Was WASD even a thing for DOOM back in the day? I thought it was all arrow keys back then.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
My main man squadmate tells me he was just minutes from quitting in frustration in the first few sessions I dragged him on because it was so daunting, so chaotic and there's so much to keep track of in a fight, and I was purposefully bringing him to 1-12/1-12 tech plant fights and just flipping generators.

Now he has some 1200 hours played and is somewhat better.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Arghy posted:

In short consoles have no loving business being goddamn shooters--is it all loving auto aim or something?

I used to play cod a lot from 08 to 10, and yeah it is. An actual strategy was to aim down the sight as you're about to round a corner and the game will aim assist you onto the guy around the corner. Hell not even that, if you got close to a corner and a guy was about to run around it, even without aiming down the sight, the game would just slowly veer your aim towards him.

Quick scoping is a thing on consoles cause the aim assist would center your sniper sights right into a guys chest.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

AP/Racer/Stealth lightning report: It owns. OWNS.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Arghy posted:

is it all loving auto aim or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5bUOuLF2E

Doom was arrows/space/ctrl. You punk kids probably don't even remember where the big armor was on e1m1 :rolleyes:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Arghy posted:

Yup. Turns out the twin-stick setups that controllers use are a horrible input mechanism for FPS games compared to the twitch skill of a computer player. There are things that twin-sticks setups are great for (mainly racing games) but FPS games are NOT suited for twin-stick controls. Which means that you get a lot of really weird conceits and mechanics, such as snap-to aiming, in console FPSes. Yes, almost every loving console shooter game has some sort of aim-assist, he's basically used to playing with an aimbot doing the work for him. Give your friend some time and don't strangle him with a mouse-cord just yet, he just needs some time to unlearn a giant pile bad habits and learn some good ones.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

AP/Racer/Stealth lightning report: It owns. OWNS.

Swap out that racer for rival and you're good.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
For some reason I absolutely suck as heavy. I know they are good conceptually but they just didn't work for me. Then I got the GD-22s and for some reason something clicked and now I can actually kill 3-4 people per life pretty reliably instead of the 0-1 I used to get. God I've been missing out.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

gently caress that noise, gotta go fast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
what ammo belts do you use

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So, I was dicking around in VR to see what the disctintion is between the NS-15M1 (old) and NS-15M2 (new) and they have identical stats, but the default skin is different. The M1 is black. It's completely indistinguishable from the M2-B. So hooray, free black version, it will go great with my default camo on VS.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

AP lightning OP, please nerf.

http://www.gfycat.com/WhichBronzeFieldspaniel

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Horizontal Tree posted:

Yeah pretty much.

ndub posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo5bUOuLF2E

Doom was arrows/space/ctrl. You punk kids probably don't even remember where the big armor was on e1m1 :rolleyes:

Wolf3d was better anyway :colbert:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

sitchelin posted:

So, I was dicking around in VR to see what the disctintion is between the NS-15M1 (old) and NS-15M2 (new) and they have identical stats, but the default skin is different. The M1 is black. It's completely indistinguishable from the M2-B. So hooray, free black version, it will go great with my default camo on VS.

It's basically SOE doing the whole "vintage" poo poo that Valve did with TF2 weapons. It's literally just a shiny promotional for free to show that you're better than the poors because you've been playing long enough to have a reskinned NS-15.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

Gobblecoque posted:

I heard someone talk about Rival Lightnings being good against Magriders because you could circle around faster than they could turn, they were a pubbie though so I don't know if that is true or not.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Maybe if it's a Racer Magrider and you pray to god he's out of Magburn yeah I can see that but realistically if you're lucky enough to come up on a racer magrider so close that you could even attempt to pull that off he'd Magburn for distance and then get you. Otoh you're at least better able to deny the Magrider shot on your rear armor since that's what he will try no matter the loadout in a close combat scenario like that.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

You can drive under Magriders for easy rearshots. Their ability to hover works against them big time doing this. This also works with Harassers.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth

Renounced posted:

The guy in the video is CaptainDF though? http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/CaptainDF

gently caress. This is what I get for not looking a second time :v:

KomradeVirtunov
Sep 14, 2007

Horizontal Tree posted:

Sure, they've got some great individual players, when was the last time they weren't all solo farming?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I must admit, I'm still laughing over the NC's complete inability to take Andvari when the VS had 96+ in the hex but only 29% pop.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

I must admit, I'm still laughing over the NC's complete inability to take Andvari when the VS had 96+ in the hex but only 29% pop.

My region chat broke from yelling at them, and after 4 hours of leading and pushing VS and TR poo poo it both in and out of alerts and all over the place, eh, whatever. We redeployed to Nott, I hope you weren't yelling at goons who weren't there

The best of the best the TR had just got wrecked over and over again at Geological Survey Camp, in every way. Was a great night to be a GOON

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

A Tartan Tory posted:

You clearly missed the esamir amp station fight where nc and tr both had 96+. We ended up pushing them both out twice I think, and eventually they went away after awhile. I have no idea what made them decide to park sunderers all along the walls and try to hold single wall towers, but hey!

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
How long is the pumpkin event going on for? I figured it would end at the end of October but noticed it was still going yesterday, got all excited that I could get those last mask kills I needed...and then I played as a MAX for three hours instead, because pounders.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
AFAIk nov 9th is the end of the event.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Gobblecoque posted:

Coward. Go fast or go home.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Epic High Five posted:

My region chat broke from yelling at them, and after 4 hours of leading and pushing VS and TR poo poo it both in and out of alerts and all over the place, eh, whatever. We redeployed to Nott, I hope you weren't yelling at goons who weren't there

The best of the best the TR had just got wrecked over and over again at Geological Survey Camp, in every way. Was a great night to be a GOON

I knew you guys had left after that failed max crash to the gen room, mostly due to the lack of 'SCREEEEE'. :colbert:

You must have literally been the only NC on the continent not at that base though, because that was close to 5 platoons of them.

Synnr posted:

You clearly missed the esamir amp station fight where nc and tr both had 96+. We ended up pushing them both out twice I think, and eventually they went away after awhile. I have no idea what made them decide to park sunderers all along the walls and try to hold single wall towers, but hey!

Beating the TR is like repeatedly poking a coma patient with a stick.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

I knew you guys had left after that failed max crash to the gen room, mostly due to the lack of 'SCREEEEE'. :colbert:

You must have literally been the only NC on the continent not at that base though, because that was close to 5 platoons of them.

Beating the TR is like repeatedly poking a coma patient with a stick.

Ah yes but it's FRZA month!

I normally avoid biolab assaults, ESPECIALLY after midnight, but the platoon wanted it and they'd done well so hey, whatever. We got the gen room in a glorious charge. The problem came after that, when everybody dug their heels in and refused to push C or the SCU.

There was still 2 platoons of the NC at Nott when we joined them. Honestly, if it weren't for the VS pushing 200+ to our warpgate every time we left the lane I never would've left the Eastern side of the map with the TR, it was just nonstop fantastic fights and they were utterly helpless against our 10+ Stealth Vanguard wolfpacks

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Fart Car '97 posted:

gently caress that noise, gotta go fast.

Zsinjeh posted:

what ammo belts do you use

Racer has poo poo energy retention because of the turn speed.

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Sard posted:

Racer has poo poo energy retention because of the turn speed.

Don't need to turn if you're only ever BnZing :madmax: (hitlerbolt supremacy)

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Nov 3
Daily sale: Abstract Camo
Members sale: AS16 NightHawk / NC12 Sweeper / Nova

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Man best rage maker, battlegoose in a tower stomp--some DVS guy was so loving mad at me because he got the drop 4 times but just failed to kill me and i'd spin around and head shot him. I don't know why but the battlegoose is amazing at long ranges with burst control--i think its the velocity. Did 3 tower fights in a row on 3 factions and the difference was painful, on my TR/NC no one had any loving darts or motion dongs so i had to be infil with the motion dong down. A single NC max stopped 14 TR from gaining the point until i swapped to pounders and dropped him and another NC max. The last tower was VS and it was hilarious because we didn't need any motion sensors because it was a bristling tower of death, everyone spotted would be killed.

It was so goddamn painful going back to VS after playing with NC/TR for awhile, gone was my anchor, my cyclone, gone was my armistice, my MCG. It was just me and my battlegoose and unlimited ammo because i couldn't bring myself to play VS medic.

The anchor has .75 ADS yeah? i thought someone confirmed this but literally 95% of the people i'm yelling at think it doesn't.

• Locked thread