Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
if its zombi u 2 im gonna be pissed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

i didnt buy it on pc or anything so i havent played it yet but the reviews seemed to be halfway decent for it

As far as open world games go it's not that great. You're still better off getting Grand Theft Auto 5, Saints Row 4 Re-elected/Gat out of Hell Edition, or Sleeping Dogs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Kewpuh posted:

i wonder what the game is that they said is completed and theyre just sitting on it until more consoles get sold

Probably a bad one.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Only Ubi-Soft games I hold dear to my heat:

Rayman 2
Rayman 2:Revolution
Rayman origins
Rayman Legends

everything else can burn, their Dreamcast offerings were only published by them but were made by other companies.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Also more Hyrule Warriors stuff coming out in January and February. I forget, do we have a date for the second wave of Mario Kart 8 characters/tracks yet?

Captain Toad seems like the perfect type of game to get the expansion pack treatment as well. Either that or a level designer.

Anyway, the AMA for Stealth Inc. 2 was linked in the OP so I'm reading through it now. Never played the original but I'm intrigued. Anyone know if it's worth picking up?

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Kewpuh posted:

i wonder what the game is that they said is completed and theyre just sitting on it until more consoles get sold

Just dance 2015

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Kewpuh posted:

if its zombi u 2 im gonna be pissed
There was a leaked video of prototype Amiibo like-things for rabbids and AC back in the day, so you never know.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

Only Ubi-Soft games I hold dear to my heat:

Rayman 2
Rayman 2:Revolution
Rayman origins
Rayman Legends

everything else can burn, their Dreamcast offerings were only published by them but were made by other companies.

Splinter Cell 3 and 6 are pretty good.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

TIL there have been six Splinter Cell games

Watch Dogs is a fun game. The driving sucks at first, but I ended up enjoying it. There is a definite weight to the bigger cars. The stealth, combat, and car chases were fun for me. The multiplayer hacking was awesome. Off-road driving is a bad joke. The main character is the worst part of the entire game and since virtually everyone who has played the game hates him he will hopefully not be in the inevitable sequel.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I miss when Silent Hunter was good.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

CatsPajamas posted:

Anyway, the AMA for Stealth Inc. 2 was linked in the OP so I'm reading through it now. Never played the original but I'm intrigued. Anyone know if it's worth picking up?

.TakaM posted:

Yeah I've been playing Stealth Inc 2, I'll quickly go through my thoughts
It's a solid metroidvania type game where you're a clone trying to escape the facility and free as many other clones as possible. You earn new gadgets after completing several puzzle/challenge rooms which act as tutorials and also have leaderboards, these rooms do a good job teaching you all the ways you can use each gadget and they get pretty challenging.
The gameplay feels pretty tight, they clearly define the stealth mechanics. There's no real combat as far as I've gotten, lots of platforming, puzzles, and stealthy stealthing... There's also co-op but I haven't tried it
Graphics are crisp and clean, your little clone guy is smoothly animated, 60fps and I haven't seen it fluctuate. I quite like the music and it really fits the tone of the game, sound effects are great too.

Also there's a fully featured level editor and you can upload/download/rate custom levels

I'm a few hours in and I say it's a pretty cool game
If anyone's on the fence about Stealth Inc 2, it's totally worth buying. Thanks for pointing out the developers AMA- cool to see they love Yoshis Island so much

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 3, 2014

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Probably a longshot, but did anyone gamefly or actually buy Falling Skies: The Game? No Giantbomb quicklook or anything and nobody is playing it on twitch. It actually looked kind of interesting from the trailer I saw.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

CatsPajamas posted:

Also more Hyrule Warriors stuff coming out in January and February. I forget, do we have a date for the second wave of Mario Kart 8 characters/tracks yet?

May 2015.

Also, Toad is totally going to be GoTY. I have to wait a while to play it though because my sister is getting married that weekend and the project I've been working on at work goes live that same weekend. Gonna be a great game to chill out to afterwards though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

katkillad2 posted:

Probably a longshot, but did anyone gamefly or actually buy Falling Skies: The Game? No Giantbomb quicklook or anything and nobody is playing it on twitch. It actually looked kind of interesting from the trailer I saw.

Everything I've read says it's awful.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

katkillad2 posted:

If you want a new game that's about killing invading aliens that look like Giger monstrosities get Freedom Wars.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Kewpuh posted:

kind of surprised they havent pulled a tropical freeze on captain toad and delayed it honestly

It would be a good game to push back to keep the schedule looking busy, but I think there's more money for Nintento in the holiday sales than there are in first week sales. Just one of those signs that Nintendo is playing a completely different game from the rest of the industry.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Captain Toad gonna own. 2015 gonna own. There is literally no reason to own another console besides the Wii U (and PC).

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I agree with virtualboyCOLOUR

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Love rain, captain toad, Obama, taxes, and the wiiu

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Agreed, agreed, agree- wait... what the hell?!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Love Rain on the Wii-U? IF we're getting a dating sim they should at least have the decency to port the ones Hideo Kojima worked on.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
It's a Heavy Rain port but replaced with Nintendo characters

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Press X to Lucas!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

We already had "Press A to Mario" two console generations ago, and that was in a much better game

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Policenaut posted:

Press X to Lucas!

I think we all know Earthbound is the most tsundere of all Nintendo franchises and is probably not coming back or anything.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I posted this over in the Wii U thread to:

There seems to be a sale coming up on video games beginning Nov. 9, if these ads are to be trusted.

Best buy is offering buy 1 get 1 50% off on 3DS games, and Target is offering buy 2 get 1 free on all their video games.

I've also heard rumors that Toys R Us will be doing a buy 1 get 1 deal, but I can't find any evidence to back up that claim.

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 3, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So are there any numbers with showing how many wii-us have sold so far? They post that 7 million number but it's units shipped not sold worldwide. While that does put it ahead of the xbox one I think the bone still has more units sold.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Wildtortilla posted:

I posted this over in the Wii U thread to:

There seems to be a sale coming up on video games beginning Nov. 9, if these ads are to be trusted.

Best buy is offering buy 1 get 1 50% off on 3DS games, and Target is offering buy 2 get 1 free on all their video games.

I've also heard rumors that Toys R Us will be doing a buy 1 get 1 deal, but I can't find any evidence to back up that claim.

Just to note, this is a great time to jump on the Wii U train by buying a refurb for $200 and then spending $120 to get whatever 3 games you want.

Edit: just posting this because we've had a rash of interested non-owners in here the past couple weeks.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wii U owns and I'm only happy when it rains.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Sales-wise: If you don't care about used copies, I HIGHLY recommend gamefly. You can rent any game and then pay the "keep it" price that is usually 20-40 dollars. I've never had any problems with a scratched disk or anything, and is a great option if you're cash strapped.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Narcissus1916 posted:

Sales-wise: If you don't care about used copies, I HIGHLY recommend gamefly. You can rent any game and then pay the "keep it" price that is usually 20-40 dollars. I've never had any problems with a scratched disk or anything, and is a great option if you're cash strapped.

Hilariously I just got my first Wii U game this way and am having lots of "the disc is hosed please eject and try again" and then eventually it works anyway crap. Wii Party U on a refurb system, haven't had any other disc problems yet including ones from the video store so hopefully it's just the gamefly disc.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's RE: Revelations on Wii U? $15 is tempting.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

How's RE: Revelations on Wii U? $15 is tempting.

It's an adequate RE game, 15 dollars is a good price for it.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also when they send the case/insert to you, the codes (in my experience) are never used so you still get CN Coins too. They just send the disc out to renting consumers so no one other than GF even has the inserts.

Game Fly also does $15-$20 monthly sales to clear stock, that's when I've picked up games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 3D, Sonic Lost World 3DS, and Sonic Generations 3DS for that price range. Don't let the games I picked fool you, they also do those sales on good games too.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Hello. I am getting a Wii U but because I live in a backwater European country does the 'random restaurant address plus money cards from Amazon' work? Also what's the best country to set it as? UK?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Hello. I am getting a Wii U but because I live in a backwater European country does the 'random restaurant address plus money cards from Amazon' work? Also what's the best country to set it as? UK?

Try to set it to Monaco, that way you won't pay taxes (maybe)

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Try to set it to Monaco, that way you won't pay taxes (maybe)

I believe all prices are VAT included in the EU so that shouldn't be an issue. I am more concerned about some countries having half the things missing or something.

Oh and in general having an account in a different country works, right? They're not IP blocking or anything?

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy poo poo, Zelda is some kind of chick! Why would they name the games after anyone but the fruity boy in green?!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Exioce posted:

Holy poo poo, Zelda is some kind of chick! Why would they name the games after anyone but the fruity boy in green?!

Tingle hasn't been in the "main" series for some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The Taint Reaper posted:

So are there any numbers with showing how many wii-us have sold so far? They post that 7 million number but it's units shipped not sold worldwide. While that does put it ahead of the xbox one I think the bone still has more units sold.

I think you've got it backwards, Nintendo usually gives sold through numbers and Microsoft's are shipped totals. The WiiU has slightly more units sold at this point probably, but the Xbox One will probably pass it this holiday.

• Locked thread