Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Republicans posted:

Uncheck "enhance pointer precision" under the Pointer Options tab of Mouse settings on the control panel. Aiming was super squirrely for me too until I did.

No its not an issue of mouse acceleration, its an issue of the game randomly deciding an input is worth 5 times more than the normal sensitivity. I have that option unchecked and mouse smoothing is off in game, this is some other idiotic problem, and its affecting several of us in mumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

alansmithee posted:

Is there a PSN group or anything for this on PS4? I decided to pick it up after not having played a CoD game much since MW2.

I will say the gameplay's taking me a bit to get used to after BF4 & Destiny. The jumping and sliding and whatnot is kinda cool. Also maybe it's just the maps or something else, but this is by far the shittiest looking game I've played on PS4. Do you have to turn on higher graphics or something?

Ramirez, read the rest of the thread before you reply!

jabro had this covered. See everyone later, I'm off to bed.

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 3, 2014

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

:crossarms:

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
(Tit)anfall.

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.
Ammo? Lasers man. Friggin lasers.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Tactilol to the max

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, third mission was really cool, though I have mixed feelings on the "Where's Waldo" style QTE prompts.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I really hope they address the broken mouse control in MP, it will literally kill this game if they don't.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
For good or ill, the game definitely feels like BLOPS 2.

Killstreaks are pretty lame aside from the UAV and Paladin though.
And with Blind Eye available right at the start...

Love the mobility though.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So does the PC version of this have a goon clan?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

DaveKap posted:

So does the PC version of this have a goon clan?

I made one but it was jokey and in the moment, it's "Titanfall is Better" :shrug:

E: I'm going to bed right now but I'll think of a better clan name and start from there or something tomorrow morning unless some other nerd wants to do it real bad

dreffen fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 3, 2014

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
Trip report: MP is fun as poo poo and jumping around with a shotgun is A+.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

dreffen posted:

I made one but it was jokey and in the moment, it's "Titanfall is Better" :shrug:

E: I'm going to bed right now but I'll think of a better clan name and start from there or something tomorrow morning unless some other nerd wants to do it real bad
Yeah it requires an invite, there's no join system.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

DaveKap posted:

Yeah it requires an invite, there's no join system.

I'll get it running in the morning then definitely.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Already having a blast just boosting around like a maniac nailing people with the Railpistol. Haven't even touched the laser beam rifle or the sound wave shotgun yet. Game is really fun so far though. I might change my tune later when there's a million cheaters (sadly only have a PC)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
You'd think, after X versions where it happened, they'd actually bother with anti-cheat. Oh wait, I forgot their usual level of regard for the PC version. (No I didn't)

snodig
Oct 5, 2014

Shockeh posted:

You'd think, after X versions where it happened, they'd actually bother with anti-cheat. Oh wait, I forgot their usual level of regard for the PC version. (No I didn't)

Will Call of Duty Advanced Warfare on PC have an anti-cheat in the form of VAC or punkbuster?

A: Yes, we have spent a significant amount of time and energy on our proprietary anti-cheat solution for Advanced Warfare PC.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
How are you guys playing AW? My PS4 is telling me to wait 21 more hours.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Digital Day Zero edition for me (pre-order). In North America if it matters.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Shockeh posted:

Anyone who gets cod on pc is already cheating themselves

Spoz
May 25, 2006

This is the first CoD game i've been this terrible. How the hell are you guys managing to pull a decent score?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Spoz posted:

This is the first CoD game i've been this terrible. How the hell are you guys managing to pull a decent score?

Playing with other goons religiously. gently caress pubbies.
They're loving unreliable and will never cover flanks or go for objectives.

Ever.

It's easy to go positive when you aren't being constantly blindsided by enemy fire.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Spoz posted:

TitanfalI imagine is good practice

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the Fuel up for Battle site is up and running again if you have codes to put in.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
The fact jump is stuck on A and I can't remap it to lb is bullshit.

Gotta be ready to exo at a moments notice!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is it true that every gun has Dubstep sfx?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

For some reason, turning on shader preloading muddies the textures like loving mad. Disabling that made the game not look horrible.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

Ending the night with a KD of 1.1, and single victory over 20 games. This makes me very, very sad.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are the intel entries supposed to unlock even if you did not collect the intel for a level?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The double tap reload that loses ammo is a thing but doesn't feel much faster than a normal reload so why do it?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Carecat posted:

The double tap reload that loses ammo is a thing but doesn't feel much faster than a normal reload so why do it?

As far as i can tell any reload will cause you to lose ammo.

Dual magazine might help, i haven't tested it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
No I tried it firing one bullet and reloading multiple times. You don't lose the ammo unless you double tap, which reloads maybe 25% faster. I guess it's the replacement for Sleight of Hand, with a downside.

snodig
Oct 5, 2014
There's an aimbot out already. PC version had a good run - almost half a day!

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

snodig posted:

There's an aimbot out already. PC version had a good run - almost half a day!

No one can say they weren't warned.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

snodig posted:

Will Call of Duty Advanced Warfare on PC have an anti-cheat in the form of VAC or punkbuster?

A: Yes, we have spent a significant amount of time and energy on our proprietary anti-cheat solution for Advanced Warfare PC.

That proprietary solution (which they, historically speaking, will entirely ignore after release) will almost certainly be circumvented and laughed at in days, and will serve once again as ample warning to others of the error of trying to play catch-up with your cheat writers, when dedicated organisations who do nothing else struggle to do so.

Of course, this is assuming that it is indeed a viable anti-cheat system, and not 'a throne of solid gold we can sit on to laugh at the morons who bought this version'.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

How is the lag in multiplayer on the pc?
Australians particularly

MW3 the game was unplayable
Blops 2 the game is great
Ghosts the game is once again unplayable

What's my frame of reference here?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
lovely P2P multiplayer, so MW3 and Ghosts. Or "dedicated servers", as Activision likes to call their P2P system.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I don't understand why they didn't drastically increase health. I feel everyone should have at least two to three times the amount of health they currently have.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dexters Secret posted:

I don't understand why they didn't drastically increase health. I feel everyone should have at least two to three times the amount of health they currently have.

Yeah, it's pretty unfortunate, especially since we're all wearing cyber suits and they could just justify it that way. Especially combined with the client-side "They guy totally rounded the corner a second before you did!" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

On the bright side, thanks to this game, Titanfall went on sale for $10, which is a more fun game.

• Locked thread