Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Whose representitive throwing a tantrum was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Whose representitive throwing a tantrum was that?

Illinois Mike Bost, losing his poo poo over trying to pass Pension Reforms at the last minute with no way to go over the plans properly and good on him. I'd have broken way sooner.

Fans fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 3, 2014

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
That Home Depot ad was amazing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That legislature bit was depressing as hell :(.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Popelmon posted:

:patriot: democracy in action.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Otto von Ruthless posted:

:patriot: democracy in action.

As they say on Melee Island™: When there's only one candidate, there's only one choice!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I was surprised that he didn't mention any of the gubernatorial elections. In places where the legislative bodies don't meet very often, all the power tends to fall into the governor's hands. The intent may have been to make a more minimalistic government, but it ends up just focusing everything into one person.

At least that's how it goes in Texas.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The joke about the Baldwin Bros. was goddamn genius.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So Youtube said that the season finale is next week. How can a show like this have a season finale? Are they going on break for all of November and December?

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
Anyone else lose it at the asian daughter part of the home depot sketch? :lol:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

axeil posted:

So Youtube said that the season finale is next week. How can a show like this have a season finale? Are they going on break for all of November and December?

Looks like that's what Real Time does. Starts in January/February and ends in November most years. Wouldn't surprise me if they followed a similar schedule on this show.

I haven't watched Real Time since Last Week Tonight started and I don't miss it at all. That wasn't a conscious thing but I guess I'm getting my fill of HBO political talk from LWT... but with that said I'd really love another 30 minutes of LWT every week.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
They were originally only contracted to do like 19 episodes this year and they're already up to 23, so we're already getting more than we thought.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
They're breaking for the holidays. They should be back in January.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Popelmon posted:

Its the only segment this show has ever done where the problem wasn't blown out of proportion. In fact, I'd say it was downright understated. I'd take a million 'ridiculous yelling' guys over one 'pleasant but corrupt as hell' guy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

axeil posted:

Maybe we'll get 2-3 Bugles while this show is on break? I can dream.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

mr. unhsib posted:

Anyone else lose it at the asian daughter part of the home depot sketch? :lol:

That entire bit was hysterical.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

njsykora posted:

Maybe we'll get 2-3 Bugles while this show is on break? I can dream.

We've got 4 since September

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Hmm, if they're on break until January maybe there is a chance of John Oliver doing an episode or two of Community.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

They're breaking for the holidays. They should be back in January.

Someone who works on the show on Facebook said they would be back Feb 8th next year.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

This is like the worst news ever. gently caress you John I wish your show sucked...I'm so sorry...I love you have a good vacation...rear end in a top hat.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Fragmented posted:

This is like the worst news ever. gently caress you John I wish your show sucked...I'm so sorry...I love you have a good vacation...rear end in a top hat.

Basically I am getting no news for 3 months now. drat it!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Look at the news from yesterday. It's a good thing to not get any news.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Apoplexy posted:

Look at the news from yesterday. It's a good thing to not get any news.

Don't be discouraged. In two years we can get a supermajority in the senate and a Republican president, and finally fix all the problems our lovely president has caused over the last six years.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Popelmon posted:

I liked how they cherry picked terrible people giving terrible opinions so they could later reveal they were running unopposed.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

sbaldrick posted:

We've got 4 since September

I kinda wish they'd just stop pretending and let it actually finish, rather than me wondering if there'll be one every week and getting disappointed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Fragmented posted:

He is also going on a standup tour. I can not wait to see him in December. Third time I have seen his stand up. I am also happy how they only talked out the Massachusetts Legislator and its past troubles with the Speakers of the House and ethics issues. We are pretty good in the scale of things.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I hope the break gives us good episodes of The Bugle.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

thehustler posted:

I kinda wish they'd just stop pretending and let it actually finish, rather than me wondering if there'll be one every week and getting disappointed.

They're apparently recording tomorrow. And at least we're never going to be subjected to Political Animal again.

Is there a Bugle thread?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

njsykora posted:

They're apparently recording tomorrow. And at least we're never going to be subjected to Political Animal again.

Is there a Bugle thread?

Yep http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3438760&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

JFC posted:

I hope the break gives us good episodes of The Bugle.

I just want the pun run I've been waiting for

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

I just want the pun run I've been waiting for

You are going to get the pun run we deserve. :(

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bobkatt013 posted:

You are going to get the pun run we deserve. :(

The pun run we deserve is John making a pun on the show, screaming "Oh God I've summoned him", Andy showing up and doing a pun run on whatever topic they are talking about then Andy leaving and it's never explained.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

sbaldrick posted:

The pun run we deserve is John making a pun on the show, screaming "Oh God I've summoned him", Andy showing up and doing a pun run on whatever topic they are talking about then Andy leaving and it's never explained.

I want that, and one day, I want a visual fuckeuolgy.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

PassTheRemote posted:

I want that, and one day, I want a visual fuckeuolgy.

I dont disagree, but really though who could qualify for that, let alone one that might die? Qadafi and bin Laden are intentionally high bars.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Sighence posted:

I dont disagree, but really though who could qualify for that, let alone one that might die? Qadafi and bin Laden are intentionally high bars.

Silvio Berlusconi

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

Silvio Berlusconi
Thatcher didn't get one, Berlusconi definitely wouldn't.

Bashar al-Assad springs to mind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Thatcher didn't get one, Berlusconi definitely wouldn't.

Bashar al-Assad springs to mind.

I forgot their reasoning for Thatcher, but Berlusconi might since they talk about him so much and hold him in so much contempt.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

bobkatt013 posted:

I forgot their reasoning for Thatcher, but Berlusconi might since they talk about him so much and hold him in so much contempt.

She didn't get one because she wasn't evil enough, so it was more of a celebration.

Dick Cheney will get one.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Most of that administration really; Rumsfeld needs to get one for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Yeah Berlusconi might, if only because the Bugle was mocking him long before it was cool. Al Assad is probably the best current candidate in the 'definitely a bad person' metric they seem to use.

• Locked thread