Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I assumed it was similar to whatever it was that happened in that facebook film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It is a little unclear who or what exactly Oliver has been fighting against ever since he beat Slade. What even is the Arrow's goal anymore? To just arrest two-bit hoodlums forever?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

It is a little unclear who or what exactly Oliver has been fighting against ever since he beat Slade. What even is the Arrow's goal anymore? To just arrest two-bit hoodlums forever?

I liked it better when he was murdering people on the list. :colbert:

I guess his current goal is to be stupid and protect Malcolm from the league.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I liked it better when he was murdering people on the list. :colbert:

Did he just forget about the list? Wasn't there some unresolved plot point from there?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kinda easy to forget the list when you supposedly killed the man behind it while also losing your best friend.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The list was mostly a revenge thing and now Oliver is more focused on trying to more directly help people by stopping crime that is happening right now.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VDay posted:

Ollie's just TV poor, where he doesn't have enough money to do some things that the plot might occasionally require, but still has enough money to live a totally comfortable life.

I'm so loving poor, hey everybody, let's take a trip over to Corto Maltese for a few days. You're all invited.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Drifter posted:

I'm so loving poor, hey everybody, let's take a trip over to Corto Maltese for a few days. You're all invited.

Hey now he couldn't take the private jet so he could bring all his normal arrow stuff and had to Macguyver some bows together...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Hey now he couldn't take the private jet so he could bring all his normal arrow stuff and had to Macguyver some bows together...

He was too poor to bribe the customs agent, I suppose, there's that.

I still can't get over how they made him tear apart his curtains and bed and lamps to make a pair of bows. Ahaha, jesus christ just fuckin' have Diggle take all the guns through, you're killing them anyways.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

As much as I love this show it's dumb moments are really really dumb.
Tell me more about this exotic Ghost Ink, Nyssa, because I'm not aware of the existence of lemon juice.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

BarbarousBertha posted:

Tell me more about this exotic Ghost Ink, Nyssa, because I'm not aware of the existence of lemon juice.

Ahahaha yeah. :laugh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Little_wh0re posted:

I assumed it was similar to whatever it was that happened in that facebook film.

I think that only worked because it wasn't public yet, or something.

BrianWilly posted:

Well first it was The Count, then looking for Sara's killer, and then getting Thea back. And then Sara again.

Different things each episode.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

BarbarousBertha posted:

That's the secret of the League of Assasins, they all left school after third-grade.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Vincent posted:

That's the secret of the League of Assasins, they all left school after third-grade.

The League of Assassins' full name is actually The Ra's al Ghul Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Arrow's actually a monster of the week show but the monster just happens to be Ollie every week.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

Ray Palmer should be like "Mr. Queen, I was going through the books and saw the day your sister was kidnapped the board voted to seize your family's house and make it a company asset, and evicted your family? Uh, that seems pretty shifty, I'm going to reverse that and give you access again... Well, to the guest house at least."

Well something like this will happen when Ray becomes a superhero and learns Oliver is the Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I hope they planned for the elections preempting The Flash this week. If they didn't that means some scheduling issues for the crossover.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Whizbang posted:

The League of Assassins' full name is actually The Ra's al Ghul Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn to Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Little League of Assassins.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
drat it they should have gotten Ben Stiller as Ra's Al Ghoolander, that's why everyone is so attractive.

He can stop an arrow with a look.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm still catching up and am only on episode 17 of season 1. But god drat I just kinda had to chuckle to myself that as soon as Oliver arrives back in the city TONS of people start dying to people shooting bows. A rather weird weapon to be using in the city. Not just all the people Oliver kills but also the people that Merlyn dad kills and vengeance-on-my-mafia-dad girlfriend lady kills. That's a gently caress load of deaths to archers out of no where.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
The number of archers in Starling has at least doubled since then.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

VagueRant posted:

quadrupled, at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At this point, as long as you don't paint them a certain color arrows are one of the safer ways to kill someone in Starling. No ballistics, just wear gloves.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Aphrodite posted:

At this point, as long as you don't paint them a certain color arrows are one of the safer ways to kill someone in Starling. No ballistics, just wear gloves.

After that gun-exchange episode I expected the bow-crime rate in Starling to skyrocket

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

VagueRant posted:

I read this as Sterling Archer and thought I was in the wrong thread for a second.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

After that gun-exchange episode I expected the bow-crime rate in Starling to skyrocket

Arrow writers are staunch 2nd amendment defenders reminding people that even if you got rid of all the guns, arrow-related crimes would skyrocket.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Windows 98 posted:

I'm still catching up and am only on episode 17 of season 1. But god drat I just kinda had to chuckle to myself that as soon as Oliver arrives back in the city TONS of people start dying to people shooting bows. A rather weird weapon to be using in the city. Not just all the people Oliver kills but also the people that Merlyn dad kills and vengeance-on-my-mafia-dad girlfriend lady kills. That's a gently caress load of deaths to archers out of no where.

In hindsight, it is kind of ridiculous that Detective Lance spends part of the first season trying to find out who the Hood is without ever going "huh, maybe it's this Komodo fella."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

JohnSherman posted:

In hindsight, it is kind of ridiculous that Detective Lance spends part of the first season trying to find out who the Hood is without ever going "huh, maybe it's this Komodo fella."

I thought that other hood-and-arrow types like him were generally regarded as either urban legend, or only known in certain criminal circles. The same BS that keeps the League of Assassins a secret society.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

VagueRant posted:

I think they might bring Blood back. It was a bit of a waste to kill him the way they did. It was a while back, but I seem to remember they didn't make his death too certain and never mentioned him again at all. And gently caress it, if Barrowman could come back...

I'm definitely thinking that Sebastian Blood is dead, but I don't think Brother Blood is dead. I could see someone else finding the mask and taking up the name. It would have to be someone who knew who Brother Blood was and becomes a corrupted form of it. Where Sebastian used corrupted means for an end he saw as good, the new Blood will be totally corrupted and use the title for their own ends.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I'm definitely thinking that Sebastian Blood is dead, but I don't think Brother Blood is dead. I could see someone else finding the mask and taking up the name. It would have to be someone who knew who Brother Blood was and becomes a corrupted form of it. Where Sebastian used corrupted means for an end he saw as good, the new Blood will be totally corrupted and use the title for their own ends.

Well the issue is that in part they kinda mess up any assumptions you'd have made about Brother Blood early on in 2. Like at first it seemed like "oh, he has some mind control power or maybe a serum that he made to build this army" but by the end of 2 I guess it was all the mirakuru that made the soldiers work for him? And really the only power Brother Blood had was that he was kind of insane?

So while Count Vertigo being a recurring, changing character makes some sense as it revolves around who has the newest Vertigo drug, it's kinda hard to imagine what a copy-cat is stealing from Blood aside from the fact that the mask and voice was kinda neat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

A second Brother Blood is the antagonist of the Season 2.5 comics and is pretty much what you're describing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Hahahaha

She's dressed like Death from Sandman.

Sorry I'm late on this but is this actually EBR?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

Sorry I'm late on this but is this actually EBR?

yeah. In her Arrow college days next episode or so.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I guess lack of glasses and makeup makes a huge difference because that looks like a different person entirely.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Yes it is, she looks hugely different without her glasses and dye job.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her face looked pretty different in that Halloween photo too. No surprise really, she's covered in makeup on the show normally so changing that up can make a big difference.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

zoux posted:

I guess lack of glasses and makeup makes a huge difference because that looks like a different person entirely.

And yet people think Clark Kent's disguise is ridiculous.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Detective No. 27 posted:

And yet people think Clark Kent's disguise is ridiculous.

Now I'm imagining Kal stopping to apply a little highlighter and bronzer to shadow his cheekbones before wearing his glasses as Clark.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Drifter posted:

Wayne was of Zorro as a kid.

I think you mean Grey Ghost. :colbert:

e: (Grey Ghost inspiration best Batman origin story inspiration, take that comic book nerds)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

deimos posted:

I think you mean Grey Ghost. :colbert:

e: (Grey Ghost inspiration best Batman origin story inspiration, take that comic book nerds)

Timm and Dini couldn't get the rights for Zorro in BTAS, which is why they went with Grey Ghost. The Grey Ghost is functionally Zorro. While BTAS was undeniably good, it's cute you think it's the entire history of Batman. :3:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 3, 2014

• Locked thread